As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Root Canal

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »
    J. Grant wrote: »
    Just now, at the age of 32, had my damn last 2 wisdoms out.

You kids: go get them out NOW. Before they get all nasty and infected.

But I don't even have them yet.

They're in there
    they're probably just got lost in your gums
    Mine apparently thought they were supposed to come out horizontally
    Not very wise at all

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    They X-ray my mouth every time I go to the dentist, and there are no wisdom teeth.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm still waiting for this metal post in my head to completely fuse with the bone so my dental implant can be finished. Eating's a pain in the ass, since i've to keep the site fastidiously clean, and I cant eat with my purely cosmetic fake tooth in.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    They X-ray my mouth every time I go to the dentist, and there are no wisdom teeth.

Then they're probably hiding somewhere else in your body
    You have derelict teeth somewhere

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dentata

Straightzi on
  • Options
    aesiraesir __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    bitch. I got told I had 13 cavities two weeks ago. They filled half, and in another week the'll fill the others. TOP THAT>

aesir on
  • Options
    QuadropheniaQuadrophenia Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wow. You don't take care of your teeth. That many cavities would freak me out, man.

Quadrophenia on
    I'm so tired of partying.
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    aesir wrote: »
    bitch. I got told I had 13 cavities two weeks ago. They filled half, and in another week the'll fill the others. TOP THAT>

damn mush mouth

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Last time I went to the dentist it was shortly after I had got my piercings put back in and he was all "you need to take those out for the x-rays" and I was all "no I don't just do it."
    He tried to make up some bullshit reason why I had to but I just told him he was an idiot and he needed to just shut up and do his fucking job.
    The x-rays, of course, came out perfectly fine and I called him a jerk.
    that dude sucks real bad, I'm never going back there.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I've had 9 teeth total pulled, including wisdoms, I've had braces, and I've taken a few punches in the jaw, and I have a genetic defect that hinders enamel formation so I can't eat sugar or my teeth rot quicker than shit.

Weaver on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Two summers ago i fell extremely sick, my mom thought i had mono so she took me in to see the doctor

i had a blood test done and he came back and said my blood levels were way out of whack and he wanted to rule out fucking leukemia.

so i had to go get a bone marrow biopsy, and im sure its already been dicussed in this thread but in case it hasnt heres what they do:

Imaging the little ink filled tubes inside bic pens, thats the size of the needle. On me they harvested my bone marrow from the back of my hip bone right above my right ass cheek. Here's where it gets fun: the cancer doctor has to stick this needle into my hip using just her strength and leaning on the needle with her weight. Also: its only a 5 minute procedure so they dont put me out for it. All i get is a local anesthetic (sp?) to numb the skin. They cant numb my bone. This was prolly the most painful thing i have ever had to go through, just on the way in. Then the needle got stuck in me when she tried to pull it out, so she was the wriggle it out of my ass.

So awesome.

So i wait five fucking days to get the results back, they had to send them to fucking tennessee, while i am in a panic at home thinking i was gonna have cancer.

Turns out the results were negative.

I got better in two days.

Played in the JV football game 4 days after the test.

Doctor never told me what i had exactly, just a "Very aggressive virus"

tugga on
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    oh sweet jesus, I was all writhing in my chair while I read that.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    hahah

I had a procedure done in which several of the sciatic nerves branches of from my L5 vertebra were supposed to be killed by having a huge metal spike shoved into them and then high power-high frequency radio waves pumped through the spike to burn the nerve cords.

This was supposed to be a procedure that would eleminate the 24/7 extreme lower back pain I used to suffer due to a L5S1 dessication with sciatical pressure.

They didn't kill the nerves cords, they just burnt them rather badly.

So for about a month it felt like I'd just taken two .45 bullets in the back, one on either side of my spine.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    back pain is something that i completely hate even thinking about

i mean i was just jogging to my car (i was late) and as i slowed down i felt and if i had been stabbed with a sword in my spine

i had to crawl into my car to drive

breathing hurt.

it was just a pulled muscle too, you could see the entire muscle swollen up and feel it on my back. that weekend was annoying more than painful though

I feel for you Weever, i can barely stand a pulled muscle let alone fucking nerve pain

tugga on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    t Tugga I now have two fully dessicated discs in my spine, the L5S1 and then another in the thorasic area, as well as a whole lot of facet arthrosis, but I still hit the gym every day and do the best I can, for the most part I've compensated the spine weakness with muscle strength but I still have bad days/nights. Two nights ago I couldn't sleep because a nerve got pinched and it felt like the entire outer portion of my right leg was on fire.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I curse the day i have back pain like you describe

My ex had a pinched nerve and sometimes half of her body would go numb
    :winky:

tugga on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I'd say 96 days out of 100 I'm fine with no issues. It's livable now. Used to be 100 days out of 100.

And with that I'm going to bed.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    good luck..

like i said back pain just makes me have phantom pain..

i had scoliosis in 7th grade from a football injury

oh man im glad i hardly remember that

tugga on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I left my debit card at the pub tonight

fuck

I called them and will pick it up tomorrow, but still, I'm going to watch me charges over the next few days

FUCK

FUCKFUCKFUCK

<-- drunk

Raneados on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    GSM wrote: »
    Watch me brag about it anyway.

I had my wisdom teeth taken out, but I didn't use any of the painkillers they gave me to use for the month-or-so afterwards. It was a sort of self-control thing.

And it's the whole BLOOD COMING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH FOR WEEKS part that is worse than the pain of any of it.

I didn't either. H5.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Milquetoast ThugMilquetoast Thug Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My wisdom teeth came out easily and without that much pain, thanks to some seriously heavy painkillers.

The issue I had was how the holes where they used to be kept catching food. also, they smelled awful.

Milquetoast Thug on
  • Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I actually had a root canal yesterday after a week of terrible tooth ache and the pain from the procedure was bliss compared to that previous week.

Also when the dentist got to the root it smelt like shit. Fucking bacteria.

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Poor dentist

I had a root canal for a tooth I cracked. it was like a two part procedure

so I had this awesome temporary crown, that was made of metal.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    april__29april__29 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ive still got a childs tooth now at the age of 25, it wont ever come out unless it gets knocked out as there is no adult tooth under it. i also like to annoy my friends with the fact that i eat a hell of a lot of sugary foods and drink plenty of water and im yet to have any fillings at all not one.

as for wisdom teethmine are coming through its not that bad pain wise but im pretty sure im gonna have to get them taken out. As ive already had 8 teeth pulled before cos i have a small mouth, so that'll be fun.

my girlfriend had hers done not that long ago but they had to cut away jawbone first, pretty nasty, but it meant i didnt get nagged at for a good few weeks as she couldnt talk :)

april__29 on
    Untitled-1-2.jpg
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hi5!

dental_implant.jpg

Mine's still without the porcelain cap for the moment. The screw isnt stable enough.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hi5!

dental_implant.jpg

Mine's still without the porcelain cap for the moment. The screw isnt stable enough.

I would like to say I cracked a tooth in half... but it's more like I cracked it in 4/5ths... anyways. Needless to say It got infected because I didn't have the money to go to the dentist, and the infection was causing massive headaches that spread from the bottom of my jaw to the back of my head.

I delt with it for about 2 months before I had finally given up, and started begging people for money to go get a crown.

I got the root canal done... and had a temp crown put on.... If i remember correctly I never got it crowned. But at least the roots gone. (the doctor got it good)

Also... I would like one of these

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I wonder what the pain would be like to get a mouthful of those
    have some nice perfect indestructible/replaceable teeth

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    J. Grant wrote: »
    Just now, at the age of 32, had my damn last 2 wisdoms out.

You kids: go get them out NOW. Before they get all nasty and infected.

But I don't even have them yet.

I can feel mine coming in but I hate going to the dentist so much

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    How many people here REALLY realize that canal is just one letter away from anal.

I rest my case.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »
    How many people here REALLY realize that canal is just one letter away from anal.

I rest my case.

which begs the question, what does a root anal consist of?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »

I rest my case.

which begs the question, what does a root anal consist of?

comic2724nf4.png

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I feel so educated now, thank you for internet learnings keith

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    it's all about social commentary

root anal is inside all of us

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    When I see the title for this thread, I want to say Lisa Needs Braces for some reason

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    dental plan

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    could a dentist do proctology

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    dental plan

ok I quit

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have no wisdom teeth. They never formed, guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Also I only have 13 teeth on the bottom and there's a huge gap in the back of the left side where a tooth should be.

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Does anyone have an animated gif of what Lisa would look like if she didn't get the braces in that episode of The Simpsons? Like the teeth poking through her face and all.

Hunter on
  • Options
    pinenut_canarypinenut_canary Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i got my wisdom teeth out monday, i also did not take my vicodin. everything is fine though, except for the one on my left mandible. it doesn't hurt, it just aches and itches, so i just want to grab a sharp metal object and start gouging cuz it's bothering me.

also, when i was in high school, i was in the pool swimming laps. some dumbass kid decided to jump in the lap lane. he managed to step on my head and push it down to the floor. i had my mouth open at that moment, and my face slammed onto the bottom, cracking one of my front teeth. i was underwater for a few seconds, dazed and confused, feeling my front tooth. i then remember what just happened to me, so i swam over to the retard in the 3 feet section and beat the crap out of him. i got kicked out for a week.

pinenut_canary on