Options

[PAX Prime] Post PAX Pint Throwdown! A beer event in support of Child's Play Charity!

PaxusPaxus Seattle, WARegistered User regular
Post-Pax-Pint-Throwdown-flyer-791x1024.jpg

• Options
    Hi PAX friends! I know that you're going to be worn out after four days of gaming and con! Come join us at the Pine Box post PAX for a beer event of epic proportions!

Nine northwest breweries seeking your approval to be the official beer of the next Child's Play Charity Auction. Come and try out some custom brews, support Child's Play, and celebrate another awesome con!

Tickets are $35.00 and come with 9 tastings plus entry.
    Additional tastings are $2.00 each.
    We will also have brewery swag under lottery draw: tix $1.00 each

All proceeds go to child's play!

Post PAX. Pine Box. Drink beer. It's for the children.

Get tix now! postpaxpints.brownpapertickets.com/

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Post PAX Pint Throwdown FAQ

Q: I don't drink beer. Can I still come?

A: Certainly! The Pine Box will be open for regular business with a variety of food and drink for your consumption. You can still participate in the raffle and join your friends!

Q: I'm under 18, can I come too?

A: Unfortunately you do have to be over 21 to get into the Pine Box. :(

Q: Can I bring a game?

A: Heck yes! Bring all the games! If you remember the CAH event last year... same great time, even better beer!

Q: Will there be food at this event?

A: Yes! The Pine Box has some amazing food items on their menu that can be ordered right inside the bar. To check out their menu go here: pineboxbar.com/food-menu

Q: Will I be able to purchase a ticket at the event?

A: If we have tickets available, you can purchase them at the event. However, we have a limited number of tickets and once the event sells out you're out of luck. We recommend purchasing tickets early!

Q: Are there gluten free options at the event?

A: Unfortunately, since it is a beer focused event, the beer is not gluten free. However, the Pine Box does have a selection of gluten free beverages. Plus a pretty awesome food selection!

Q: Do I have to purchase a ticket to get into the Pine Box?

A: You don't need a ticket to get into the Pine Box. However, you will need a ticket if you want to taste the special made beer for the event, and vote for the official beer of the Child's Play Charity Auction! Some of these beer you will only be able to drink at the event. Up your hipster cred by saying you where there first!

If you have any additional questions just let us know! Thanks for the awesome support!
    -Justin

Paxus on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Sweet! Sounds like fun!
    Sign me up!
    Oh wait... I guess I have to do that myself ;-)

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    Awesome! Bring your friends too!

• Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Woo! There will be plenty of time to make an appearance there before the PPP. I was afraid I'd have to choose.

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    W00t!

• Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    I didn't see anything about food at this event. Does the bar have that or should I get it somewhere else before the event?

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    The Pine Box has some great food and can be ordered at any time. :)

Here is the food menu: http://www.pineboxbar.com/food-menu

The Pine Box will be open for business as usual during the tasting event. You just need tickets to taste the amazing micro brews being created just for the event. ;)

• Options
    MulvahMulvah Registered User new member
    Howdy friend-os! Dikla (@mulvah) here of Have Growler, Will Travel and the host of this beautiful event to tell you:
    BUY YOUR TICKETS NOA!

This event will sell out before PAX begins, and it's gonna be really super sweet (refer to all the great info up at the top). Special beers, lots of cosplay, a great bar with rad servers and stellar food, and just all around good people in attendance. And it's all for charity!

If you have questions, feel free to ping me here or on tweet at me, or email me. Or post to my blog. I mean, just you know, there's no lack in ways to get in touch with me.

Hope to see you at PAX (at my panel, or around) and at the Pine Box. Cheers!

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Delicious Beer. Can't wait.

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    Yay. I have my tickets.

• Options
    JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular
    Ok... I think I can do one more PAX related beer event... for the children...

PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • Options
    That right! If you can't drink for the children, what can you do, right? ;)

So just wondering, what does everybody like in a beer? What kinds of beer are you hoping to experience as the Post PAX Pint throwdown?

• Options
    JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular
    I'm partial to a nice barrel aged stout, myself... but so long as there is something other than IPAs there I'm good.

PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    I'd like to see a selection of your american beers - and as per jobiwan definitely something other than IPA's for sure

• Options
    MulvahMulvah Registered User new member
    edited August 2013
    Hi again folks, just making sure no one has any questions regarding the event. I've received a few inquiries via twitter about gluten-free and non-beer options:

The event itself is all beer, and therefore not GF-friendly, unfortunately. However, entry into Pine Box itself does not require a ticket. A ticket gives you access to the beers which are part of the event. Without a ticket, you cannot sample those beers. But, you are free (if over 21) to come and hang out at the Pine Box Bar, which does offer gluten-free drinks and serves delicious food.

Hope this clears some things up for folks. If you have a friend who can't drink beer or doesn't want to, bring them along!

Mulvah on
  • Options
    I am partial to the American Brown and definitely whatever have "imperial" infront of it. I used to not like the pales or the IPAs, but lately I've been on a hop kick. Maybe the PacNW is converting me?

Now, if they have a barrel aged rye somewhere... oh baby!
    I'm partial to a nice barrel aged stout, myself... but so long as there is something other than IPAs there I'm good.

• Options
    Just an update. It's about 10 days out from the Post PAX Pint Throwdown! We only have a few tix left so be sure to get them now!

http://postpaxpints.brownpapertickets.com/

There are plenty of reasons to go! Drink for the children! (proceeds go to Child's Play Charity) Pre-party for the Post PAX Party with some amazing stories to tell of amazing beer! It's at the Pine Box... which used to be a mortuary... get it. Pine. Box. ;) yeah... you get it. Bruce Lee was interred there. Epic!

Anyways... so... tix. Get them now!

• Options
    Two days left and we still have a few tix left!

Awesome beer. Awesome cause. Nuff said.

http://postpaxpints.brownpapertickets.com/

• Options
    Ok, event is live at 6pm! We still have some tickets - come to the Pine Box and buy them at the door and join over 100+ friends in beer! Yay! Thank you everybody!

• Options
    jthom252jthom252 Duarte, CARegistered User regular
    I bought tickets but I can't make it due the PAX plague, any possibilities refunds-wise? If not its going to a good cause anyhow.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    That was a great event and some great beer. Some of those IPAs were a little too oily-resiny, but I definitely found my favorites. That Rauchbeer was fantastic and the Fruit Fucker orange IPA was thematic, well designed, and well brewed.

Are we going to hear who won?

edgeofblade on
    6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    The Harmon Triforce Porter seems to have won. That was my vote so I'm pleased with that result.

https://twitter.com/Mulvah/status/375306001227866112

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    I think everyone's a winner at Beer.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    I am disappoint. But congratulations to the winner. That was a pretty tasty porter, too.

6YJGH2V.png