As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anti-Loner Safety Thread.

Travman93Travman93 Billings, MTRegistered User regular
I'm not sure if this is similar to any other ideas or activities already in the works, but I thought it'd be a nice thought. As someone traveling from 14 hours away, I want to see things in Seattle that others in my group don't care to, and I'm sure most experience this, as well. Instead of parading around in a completely new town, I thought it'd be cool if other forumers got together, and posted requests for company to go see certain things. For instance, I'd love to go to a Mariners game (Not a big baseball fan, but for the experience nonetheless). In my case, I'd post here asking if anyone else would like to catch one, as well. Maybe even get a group together. Good idea? Bad idea? Thoughts?

• Options
    CodeMonkey76CodeMonkey76 Software Developer Orem, UTRegistered User regular
    Not a bad idea. On your idea about seeing a Mariners game though...the only chance you have is Wednesday or earlier before PAX. They've got away games during PAX. You could also hit up an NFL preseason game on Thursday night.

• Options
    JenniLyneJenniLyne Registered User regular
    Have you looked at the Magical Mystery Tour thread?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/177875/magical-mystery-tour-2013-wed-thu-prepax-adventuring-vote/p1

It's pretty informal and you can join for what interests you, while skipping what doesn't. They are voting on what people want to do now, so you may want to check it out.

• Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I totally get the reasoning for this, and I'm not going to claim Seattle is exactly Mayberry (it *is* a major metropolitan city, after all), but this is likely the safest major city in the US and one of the safest major cities in the entire world. The violent crime rate here is shockingly low. You should feel perfectly safe, even on foot if that's your mode of transportation, going from your hotel downtown all the way to Safeco for a ballgame. Our top news story is usually something like "daring rescue of seagull that got trapped in Macy's".

Which isn't to say an M's game isn't better with a mate :).

Quintious on
  • Options
    Well, I figured that since PAX, to me, has always been about community. And as someone who spends a lot of time alone, I feel like nobody should have to be left alone in a major city. Especially since we all have similar interests, I'd say. We'd be staying in Tukwila, which isn't too incredibly far away, if I'm correct.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I wouldn't be surprised to see more people interested as we get closer to pax. There's usually a very active "going to pax solo" thread by then, and it looks like this will be it :)

• Options
    Well, I can't wait to see what becomes of this!

• Options
    createacatcreateacat CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Friends missed out on the tickets this year, headed solo as well

https://twitter.com/createacat1
    PAX Prime Attendee: '10, '11, '12, '13 / PAX East Attendee: / PAX Aus Attendee:

My Digital Pin Lanyard
  • Options
    michaeldemossmichaeldemoss LouisianaRegistered User regular
    PAX seems like the perfect place for the loners to find some geek life-mates!

ba2znj3fyg5r.png
  • Options
    ReenieReenie Registered User regular
    If you are visiting from out of town, you should definitely come to the Pre-PAX Sky High Tabletop Day at the Columbia Tower Club on Thursday, the 29th. There will be plenty of new friends to make, and you'll cross off a "must see" thing off a tourist to-do list - getting a great view of the Seattle area from the highest floor possible. Normally, the 75th & 76th floors are reserved exclusively for the Columbia Tower Club members, so this event is a great opportunity for everyone! 8-)

The Columbia Tower observatory is a popular tourist destination, and oh yes, there is a fee for that. Even better - this event is being held 3 floors higher than the observatory, you can imbibe and game until your heart is content, ticket price includes dinner, you get great Oprah-approved views (even from the restrooms!), and you help out a great charity - Food Lifeline! Win, win, win, win, win! Oh, and there's a 6th literal win - you will have a great chance to win some of the prizes that have been generously donated by gaming companies and some James Beard award winning local restaurateurs! There will even be some PAX badges up for grabs - in case you or one of your friends missed out! <-- This is probably the easiest way to make a true friend for life, right?

• Options
    There are lots of events on this forum, they don't all need to be cross posted all over the place.

• Options
    Well, I thought of this thread as more of a place for folks to come and say what they'd like to do or go visit during their trip. If someone else would like to join them, awesome!

• Options
    Bump? Anyone else?

• Options
    Please don't bump threads with a no-content post.

• Options
    Sorry about that! Won't happen again!

If anyone is interested, I have a set of four front row outfield tickets available. If we could get a group of four together, the seats are all in a row!