Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

Prime 2013 Maps!

dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community CartographerGold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited August 2013 in PAX West
Hello everyone! It's that time again, the time that only comes 3 times a year--
That time, of course, is the release of the PAX maps!

If you haven't seen before, I make detailed maps based on the official maps, but overlaid onto the floorplans of the buildings--except in cases like the Paramount, where there are no public floor plans and I have to make the whole thing from memory! Anyway, here are my maps, then the official Guidebook maps. Note that mine don't have any Expo Hall booths (cuz seriously, I don't need that hassle!). However, they do have the Sheraton 3F and the Olive 8, neither of which are on Guidebook!:

8 1/2 x 11" with .25" margins formatted-10% scale: (click for full size)
PAX%20Prime%202013%20dyamap%20mini.png

Guidebook:
World Map:
1olC3gb.png

WSCC Floors 2-6:
K6XF86a.png

Expo 4E-F:
Evixdg2.png

Expo 4C-D:
dhihrUs.png

Expo Floor 6:
v2sd3yH.png

Hyatt & Sheraton
QuUOurk.png

Conference Center:
0srk9Qy.png

a.k.a. dya
"Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
dyaballikl on

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2013
    Your maps are wonderful, as always. I still think they should make these the official maps over the "real" official maps.

zerzhul on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    ha, thanks! If only they were prettier. Other shows I've worked at the WSCC, though, do use the venue floor plans with room labels overlaid.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Dr.RocktipusDr.Rocktipus Registered User regular
    So the LOL Regionals are happening again, that's good.

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    So the LOL Regionals are happening again, that's good.
    It was announced quite awhile ago, but everyone was trying to figure out where they would be this year. I assumed 6th floor again after Halo 4 Championships took Benaroya, and that seems to be correct based on dya's maps/guidebook.

• helen0rzhelen0rz Registered User regular
    oh awesome! this would be super helpful to my friends who are coming with us this year as first timers! Well, and also me, because last year I somehow completely missed the area where Wizard of the Coast was.

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Updated a couple things on my maps, mainly to include the Indie Megabooth shout out, cuz fuck yeah indie games!

a.k.a. dya
    Now that I've taken a closer look at the maps, I just noticed that there's only 1 theater in the convention center itself this year. Nice to see TT and console freeplay areas expanded. And my "wtf are they doing at PAX?" at the moment goes to Comcast... Maybe they'll announce gigabit fiber or something?

• StingrayXStingrayX Redding, CARegistered User regular
    Ah Sweet! Thanks!

StingrayX.png
  • helen0rzhelen0rz Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Now that I've taken a closer look at the maps, I just noticed that there's only 1 theater in the convention center itself this year. Nice to see TT and console freeplay areas expanded. And my "wtf are they doing at PAX?" at the moment goes to Comcast... Maybe they'll announce gigabit fiber or something?

Gigabit fiber with Comcast? I would be surprised. Weren't they the ones that said nobody/none of their customers need that when Google Fiber came out?

helen0rz on
    48vla9t2j9ff.png
    helen0rz wrote: »

Gigabit fiber with Comcast? I would be surprised. Weren't they the ones that said nobody/none of their customers need that when Google Fiber came out?
    They're just mad they didn't get to it first. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what they're doing there (since I am a customer and all...) I'm hoping for something positive.

I think Clearwire (Clear) does booths at a lot of these conventions simply to sell their product to a customer base that uses a lot of their sort of services. I would doubt that Comcast would debut any sort of project at PAX, unless they had a panel.

a.k.a. dya
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    helen0rz wrote: »

They're just mad they didn't get to it first. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what they're doing there (since I am a customer and all...) I'm hoping for something positive.

If everyone else's experience with them is as bad as it is here in Michigan, I wouldn't be surprised if a few people didn't spit on their booth.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    I think Clearwire (Clear) does booths at a lot of these conventions simply to sell their product to a customer base that uses a lot of their sort of services. I would doubt that Comcast would debut any sort of project at PAX, unless they had a panel.
    Pfft, you and your logic...

• PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    What is going to be at Olive 8? And Halo championships will be the only thing at Benaroya?

• CodeMonkey76CodeMonkey76 Software Developer Orem, UTRegistered User regular
    PurpleSky wrote: »
    What is going to be at Olive 8? And Halo championships will be the only thing at Benaroya?
    I think the tabletop tournaments and freeplay area are at the Olive 8

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    What is going to be at Olive 8?

What @CodeMonkey76 said. The Freeplay library at the Olive 8 is the secondary one, the primary one is on the 2nd floor of the WSCC.
    And Halo championships will be the only thing at Benaroya?

Yes.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    There's also some other playable games at Benaroya according to the official maps (under the Hyatt & Sheraton spoiler, in the lower right corner.)

Ah, you're right. Way to have them try to get people to trek down there.

• zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    dya maps are best maps! 8-)

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • XarthanXarthan Registered User regular
    I've spent my morning work hours studying your map. thank you :)

• S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Unless Comcast is announcing $60/mo gigabit then I dont see why they even got a booth.

hnx2ZrU.jpgFz8h34t.png
    Hey, Chevy got a booth at PAX East 2012, so weirder things have happened.

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

Yea but some people actually like and enjoy Chevy products. ;)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Yea but some people actually like and enjoy Chevy products. ;)
    Well that's a stretch. I bet I like my Comcast more than I've ever liked a Chevy, but now I'm getting off topic!