As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year Anniversary Badge...

So I logged in today and received my one year anniversary badge. While I do appreciate the congratulations... I only joined five days ago and wouldn't really expect to be lauded for such for at least another 360 days. Just thought I'd like to give you guys a heads up that, among those who are not receiving their badges when they should be, there are those of us who are receiving them ahead of schedule, too.

I'll trade a wheat and a sheep for the first two treasures.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hmmm, this could be coincidence, but you first starting posting on August 12th, and your profile says that your join date is August 2012. Maybe the date tracking is a little mixed up somewhere.

YL9WnCY.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, it has your join date as August 15th, 2012.

• CWTygerCWTyger Registered User regular
    Then that's another glitch, since I know I joined on the date that I started posting, August 12 of this year. Hmm.

I'll trade a wheat and a sheep for the first two treasures.
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    yeah, looking at other random profiles, I should have probably 5 or 10 more badges than I do.

has the badge thing been scrapped?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    No, some badgers like the number of posts badgers, etc, were only on for a brief moment of time. They were never intended to stay, but it would be a pain in the ass to go manually take them away from anyone that happened to get them.

The only automatic badgers that are enabled now are the anniversary badgers and the various holiday/game event badgers. All other badgers are manually handed out when a reason arises.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    No, some badgers like the number of posts badgers, etc, were only on for a brief moment of time. They were never intended to stay, but it would be a pain in the ass to go manually take them away from anyone that happened to get them.

The only automatic badgers that are enabled now are the anniversary badgers and the various holiday/game event badgers. All other badgers are manually handed out when a reason arises.

gotcha, thanks!

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

Like this badge:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/badge/broseidon

I love that badge and @Brolo is a lucky guy to have it.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Wait, when did Rolo evolve to his final form?

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tube has a couple of interesting badges... My favourite being the badge that looks distinctly like a butthole.

• dudecondudecon Post Falls, ID, USARegistered User new member
    Same issue. Got some spurious badges. Not complaining, but feel kinda bad that I don't deserve them.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Oh, I have this same thing with the one year anniversary badge, I had assumed that the forums had a cookie on my pc or something because I'd lurked a bit before I joined. I actually joined 2013, not 2012.

Gvzbgul on