As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Jaramr wrote: »
    I have to wonder if the near 100 loons I dropped on all of CK2's DLC at full price could have been done with card money during the sale.

But that presents the paradox, do you serve the newell more by buying things with money from steam-related activities, or by shovelling money into his gaping furnace of a mouth?

The money acquired through the Steam Marketplace already has a bit skimmed off the top. So, paying $100 in Steam Funbux means that Newell received $110 or whatever the right number is for their take.

Not to mention that goes straight into his gullet, rather than having to be split with a third party.

• Options
    JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    I really like the image I have of the newell being some sort of furnace in the bowels of the titanic, where poor irishmen shovel loads of money from all across the world into the engines to power the Steam Ship Steam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    Speaking of the bowels of the ship, Steam constantly updates all of my games and sometimes redownloads the entire thing if I say bad things about it.

Its kind of a liability when I have 250 GB to work with spread across my entire family. Ive tried turning updates off for each indvidual game, but that makes steam a bit upset and he doesn't listen to me and makes sure that the game I buy the first day of the sale is on sale for pennies later during the sale.

So uh, is there some way to make steam listen to me? I guess we could try counseling, but whenever I suggest that a midweek madness pops up and I must shovel more of my money into the furnace, thus adding to all of those games that update for a gig.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    signature.png
    Sent to Radiation13 already.

signature.png
    Waiting for @lanruntcon or @lanruntcon66 to accept my friend request to get his game.

Setting up giveways for the other leftover keys once this is settled.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    @Reynolds was the classiest person and brought my steam game library to an even 65 (or odd) with Hydrophobia: Prophecy.
    Thanks!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Jaramr wrote: »
    Speaking of the bowels of the ship, Steam constantly updates all of my games and sometimes redownloads the entire thing if I say bad things about it.

Its kind of a liability when I have 250 GB to work with spread across my entire family. Ive tried turning updates off for each indvidual game, but that makes steam a bit upset and he doesn't listen to me and makes sure that the game I buy the first day of the sale is on sale for pennies later during the sale.

So uh, is there some way to make steam listen to me? I guess we could try counseling, but whenever I suggest that a midweek madness pops up and I must shovel more of my money into the furnace, thus adding to all of those games that update for a gig.

I know steam has a throttling function now. Maybe you can set it to a very low number so you can catch it as soon as it starts?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    9.99 is too much for dive kick.

There. I said it. I will continue saving for street fighter.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'm just popping my head in to let you guys know that you're pretty cool. I spent a lot of yesterday trying to make up for all those codes getting jacked, and honestly all I really needed to do was let you know that injustice had been perpetrated and let you go to work. It was a nice reminder that on these forums the arseholes are outnumbered.

• Options
    It looks like I missed a bad thing?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

It's really not. I dunno if you've played it, but I too thought that, till I watched the giantbomb quicklook and then played it. It is so much fun. I can very very easily see getting more than 10 bucks of enjoyment out of it.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

It's really not. I dunno if you've played it, but I too thought that, till I watched the giantbomb quicklook and then played it. It is so much fun. I can very very easily see getting more than 10 bucks of enjoyment out of it.

I haven't played it. I saw the quick look and I was aware of it back when some pros played the demo at evo or some contest.

Hell I ran to steam to purchase it as soon as I heard it was released but turned right around when I saw the price tag. Guess that's just me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I am seriously tempted. I can't tell you how awesome it was watching people play it at pax east. crowd was totally into it.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    honest question, did you know the main two characters are named Dive and Kick? because I think that earns them a couple of extra bucks :P

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Working my way through Space Hulk's campaign to take the edge off a tough day. Finally got to try out Lexicanum. There was something oddly satisfying about using force barrier and Zael's flamethrower to basically juggle piles of genestealers as the rest of the squad made their escape.

What I'm saying is, Space Hulk is secretly a puzzle game. And I like it.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    honest question, did you know the main two characters are named Dive and Kick? because I think that earns them a couple of extra bucks :P

It seems pretty funny

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    @luchaire , you are escused, yo awseomed it.. but more cartoon soon... and I have a thread to read... dang it.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I've got a six minute highlight reel of the multiplayer Burnout Paradise game that took place earlier between myself, @Lord_Snot, @IvanIssacs, and @Woggle (who unfortunately was not in voice chat with us) that is currently processing. I won't have enough time to upload it to youtube tonight before work, but I'll do it in the morning and post a link.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    How many days in advance do games normally let you start preloading? I'm gonna have to start using that function more in the future. If my math is right, the internet at my parents' house will download an ~8 GB game in either 9 hours or 9 days.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Generally if they're going to preload they open sometime on the weekend before release. Sometimes just the day before, but that's usually smaller titles.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    In case anyone needed a reminder that we live a cruel, sad, inhuman world Dungeon Keeper is returning....as a mobile iOS/Android game. No word on pricing but uh...it's EA so...I'm sure they'll be happy to sell you more minions and rooms for just a few bucks!

:(

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    In case anyone needed a reminder that we live a cruel, sad, inhuman world Dungeon Keeper is returning....as a mobile iOS/Android game. No word on pricing but uh...it's EA so...I'm sure they'll be happy to sell you more minions and rooms for just a few bucks!

lebron_happy_sad.jpg

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular

futurama-money-fry-meme-shut-up-shut-up-and-take-my-money-wallpaper-1775377-wallbase-cc-507dd375-sz1140x712-animate.jpg

Oh, wait, peaked too early. I just read Dungeon Keeper and went to find that picture.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    simacsimac Registered User regular
    Regarding SR4 on Nuuvem, a forum post:
    Hello all,

On behalf of Nuuvem's customer support, im authorized to provide you with the answers about Saints Row IV keys.
    Good morning.

I was looking for a key for Saints Row IV and I found this product. I saw that the prices were amazing and wanted to know if I can pay by credit card even if not in Brazil. I am a resident in Spain. Another question I have is if I buy the game, then I can turn on my Steam or have a regional block?

Sorry for writing in English.

We're aware that most of our international community is having a big time wondering if the Saints Row key that we're providing will be regionally exclusive or not.

In a first moment, the Saints Row IV pre-purchase rights that we sold until now, will, indeed, be redeemed as regional keys, but we've already taken action in order to protect the best interests and rights of our foreign users, so, soon after the game is launched we guarantee that all the foreign users that pre-purchased with us will receive a worldwide redeemable key.

It is important to state though, that all the keys that will be sold AFTER the game launch, will be regionally blocked.

If there is any question that remains unanswered please let us know.

Best Regards
    Nuuvem Team

Note also that the release date on the page has switched to the US release date, so it's unclear whether now is "after the game launch" and hence region blocked keys for anyone purchasing today on. People reporting support emails relay Nuuvem will get region free keys for people who preordered, but it could take until "next Friday," which is presumably this Friday, the original international release date, but who knows!

Edit: Also from the sounds of it, Deep Silver didn't tell them in advance that they intended to use regional keys. Given the price benefits for foreigners, I wonder if the price of getting region open keys for SR4 preorders will be more stringent restrictions on where customers are buying from, like Greenman. Publishers do hate this sort of thing.

Sorry about the long quote, but as one of the people who chanced their arm and bought from Nuuvem I'm getting this message at the moment:
    Key has not generated, there may be a delay in production.

I don't know that this answers the "after the game launch" question, but it does imply that they are doing something r.e. the international key issue... It said "pre-order" on the page (well, in Portuguese) so I really hope I'll get a key I can use.

[crosses fingers]

• Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    So I'm trying to play Saint's Row The Third after not having done so for over a year but I'm having problems that can only be solved with a full reinstall. :(

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular

On the plus side, clicking that link lead me to this: http://kotaku.com/xcom-enemy-unknown-gets-its-first-major-expansion-this-1175378649

XCOM expansion? Now I can use that picture.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    This was my graphics card that is now destroyed by the post office.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007581QHG/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do I replace it, or do I have any recommendations for an upgrade? I fully insured the PC, so it will ultimately get replaced.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    If anyone is interested, Might and Magic X - Legacy popped up on Steam as an Early Access game. I'm going to start playing it tomorrow simply based on nostalgia. I'm really hoping Ubisoft doesn't maintain their tight schedule of producing one giant bowel movement every 90 days. Really, really hoping that.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    @Dyvim Tvar just bombed me with a precision Bureau strike! Recovery efforts in progress!

...this will not be forgotten. Our nation will morn, and it will unite, and we will strike back!

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Wow, I'm on such a Star Wars thing at the moment. I'm loving KotOR II so much I also found myself installing the free to play SWTOR for a dabble on the side. I can't get enough of Jedi Consulars - now playing them in two games, ha. Just a shame it isn't on Steam!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    @BigDes hit me up with a copy of Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, fittingly, during the dead of the night. He sent with it this completely none sinister gift message that doesn't leave me concerned for what's in store at all:
    Dear dyvim,
    Aheh ahehehahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Enjoy,
    BigDes

I'm not worried at all. AT ALL DO YOU HEAR ME.....

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007581QHG/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do I replace it, or do I have any recommendations for an upgrade? I fully insured the PC, so it will ultimately get replaced.
    I'd replace it, because there's not much in the way of upgrades left for you.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Sorce wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »

I'd replace it, because there's not much in the way of upgrades left for you.

Then I'll let the Korean guy know to stop trying to fix it. He got the whole computer working again without the card.

Due to stupid circumstances out of my control, I had to mail it to myself when I moved to Pyongtaek. When my PC got here, the entire motherboard was knocked off, with nothing but the now warped graphics card bearing its weight. It was a costly disaster of a relocation. I insured the computer for a lot so its time to file my claim.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    As a man who has bought 4 copies of Divekick so far(1 for me 2 for friends, and ps3/vita), you guys should get Divekick. Really fun game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I totally would, but I'm stuck with Windows XP.

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

It seems pretty funny
    What if I told you they were from west philadelphia and had to move in with their uncle in Bel air?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »
    Wow, I'm on such a Star Wars thing at the moment. I'm loving KotOR II so much I also found myself installing the free to play SWTOR for a dabble on the side. I can't get enough of Jedi Consulars - now playing them in two games, ha. Just a shame it isn't on Steam!

I did that last Oct. It was 7 months and 2 and a half characters before i pulled myself away from TOR. My backlog is still Steam sale proof.
    TOR now can run with Steam Overlay (may require running steam and/or TOR in admin mode)

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Man I loved Dungeon Keeper and have been waiting patiently since DK2 for a proper sequel, but that article is just filling me with dread. It doesn't look like it will be what it should be. That looks light and cheery as far as graphics go, and it should be dark and foreboding. The charm came from the voice and the situations, not the graphics. Plus, there is one image of what looks like a zoomed out map that is way too small.

I wish it were coming to PC where it could be done some justice.

• Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Saints Row IV is pure, delirious, nonsensical fun. SR4 is a game that wants you to have fun and do whatever you want, all the time. Basically the only downside I can think of for this game is that I sometimes have to stop playing it and sit in a cubicle for 8 hours.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Groupees Be Mine 9 Bundle

For 1$ minimum you get:

The Whispered World [Steam]
    Mini Motor Racing EVO [Steam]
    Splatter [Desura] [Greenlight]
    Depths of Peril [Steam]

For at least 5$ you also get:

Eador: Masters of the Broken World + Genesis [Steam]
    Ittle Dew [Steam]
    Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can [Steam]
    Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages [Desura] [Greenlight]

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

So...maybe I'm feeling extra cynical right now...but is there actually any game to this Divekick game? Or is it exactly what it looks like and is barely a flash game that you'd get bored of in 5 minutes? That video just made me feel more like they're trying to sell a gimmick and not an actual game (yeah yeah, 'what is a game' and all that...).

I keep seeing people post about it now and then as if they're actually excited about it, but I can't help but just see an 'ironic' video game and not, you know, a video game. :(

It's a fully fledged, mechanically deep fighting game. If you have people to do vs against, and those people enjoy fighting games, this should click, or all of yous is bad people.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.