Options

The Bone Masquerade: A Horror [Mini-Phalla] (Haunt Victory. Good Night.)

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Well that was a poor decision. I daresay either (or both) vertroue and whoever asked vertroue to change vote targets don't have our best interests at heart.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Giggles I if you want to think that then kill me. No sweat off my back. ..but I am not a ghosty. I am still flesh and blood I dear say.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    vertroue wrote: »
    Giggles I if you want to think that then kill me. No sweat off my back. ..but I am not a ghosty. I am still flesh and blood I dear say.

On balance I'm inclined to believe you... forcing a tie vote though, between 2 people with little to no record indicating mafia intent (or village intent, I will admit), seems like a poor choice at best, and a malicious one at worst. I hope you have a VERY GOOD reason to trust both the intentions and judgment of whoever asked you to do what you did.

• Options
    And obviously I won't get a chance to kill you, what with being dead and all. Poor Cyril...

• Options
    Wait I tied you? Oops.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Day 4: Accidental Murder Best Murder

The whispers were undecided, uncertain. They swirled around the mansion, rustling the skirts of the chamber maids and upsetting the dessert trays lining the kitchen walls. The Lord-Countess seethed. Indecision, more than any other mental state, was the purest form of chaos. At least ignorant or incorrect logic could be challenged, set right, understood. Without choice, there was no structure, no skeleton to eventually rend and tear. This would not be a murder, it would simply be a killing, and those were much more banal.

Cyril, the Gravedigger came first, limping towards the room without fear. Day in and day out, he met face to face with death. Besides the people he regularly slaughtered, of course. Working in a graveyard tended to expand one’s views on mortality, and while the verdict had caught him by surprise, it wasn’t an ending that held any dread over his mind. He had created many endings for many people, and this would be his. The Lord-Countess nodded to him silently as he entered. A large sack lay on the wide oak table that sat in the middle of the room. A single lamp cast a low level of light across the pocked and damaged wood. Cyril could see that the sack was full, and writhing.

Suddenly, the sack burst open from the inside, as Ketbra, the Private Dick, finally reached the knife stuck in his boot. Tangibility had really fucked him over, if he had anything to say about it, and not being able to simply shift out of solid matter was making it difficult to do this haunting business. The Lord-Countess looked up in small surprise as the ghostly detective bolted from his sack.

Cyril stood just next to the doorway. He did not move, or even look towards the fleeing spirit. He simply stuck out the handle of his shovel. A loud CRACK resonated through the halls, and then a low OooOOooOOOoooooofuck. The Lord-Countess nodded again, and walked swiftly out of the room. There was a squelching sound, and a quiet fizzle.

“Yes. Thank you, much appreciated,” Langley said quietly.

“Not at all, not at all. That man shot a...well I wouldn’t call him a friend, but a colleague of mine. Would hate to see him get away.” Cyril leaned on his shovel in order to stand up straight, his short leg hovering slightly above the ground. He smiled. “So, shall we proceed?”

Langley tipped his hat, and mimicked the smile that he had practiced over his many years. If he had grimaced, it would likely have seemed cheerier. “Yes, please, step this way. I promise to only take a moment.”

And he did.

“Ahem,” the chinese dignitary said aloud, “A reading.” He cleared his throat with exaggerated pomp and moderately appropriate circumstance before ensuring that his audience was listening.

“For My Wife. A charming girl, full of dejected love,/Weaves plain silk as autumn sounds stir./Passing the yarn-guide her bracelet jade trembles,/Pressing the shears her belt pearls think./Warp so fine threatens to jam the shuttle,/Woof snaps, she’s cross the silk is too thin./Grapevine begins to look finished,/Mandarin ducks have yet to emerge.”

Trembling, Lord Cedric Luckinbell Tullet II (Gizzy) nodded appreciatively, eyeing the knife behind the ghost. The Gentlemen’s Gentleman (tzeentchling) made a poor holster for it, but the specter seemed to feel that his back was the best place for it.

“Under cloudy ridge-poles all the weavers stroll,” he continued, “Silk windows open to each other./Through window grilles float eyebrow whispers,/From silk to light come smiling eyes./Blurred, screened by thinnest silk,/Yet clearly glimpsed cosmetic flower:/Sweetheart lotus roots studded with jade,/Loveknot flowers strung with jewels,/Her red gown fastened at the back,/Gold pins slant towards sidecurls.” Before continuing, the ghost took the eyeball from the Gentlemen’s Gentleman’s socket and ate it with uncanny nonchalance. “From the loom top hangs gay braid,/From the loom’s side cascade strings of pearls./Green silk threads draw in the pivot’s crouching hare,/Yellow gold encircles the pulley’s Lulu knob./Rich tints dart from her skirt hem,/Scented gloss glistens on her lips./One-hundred-city barons ask after her,/Five-horse teams paw the ground before her.”

Zhong Kui paused. His terrible visage trembled for a moment, and he briefly brushed away something near his eye. “There is only me in my bedroom,” he said slowly, “Faithful to past love, not seeking new amours./In dreams weeping soaks my flowery pillow,/Waking tears drench my silk kerchief./Sleeping alone is so hard for me,/My double quilt still feels cold./Even more I desire your skin’s marbrous warmth,/More than ever long for horizontal pleasures.” He took a heavy breath, having rushed through the last few lines. “Liu Hsaio-Wei, fifth century. I felt that it could be...appreciated, tonight. Did you like it?”

Lord Cedric nodded carefully.

Then Zhong Kui ate his eyeballs.

“I think it loses something in translation,” the Lady-Count advised.

CesareB - Cyril, the Gravedigger
    Gizzy - Gizzy Lord Cedric Luckinbill Tullet II
    Tzeentchling - The Gentleman’s Gentleman

KetBra - Private Dick

A role PM has been revealed!

You are A Masquerade Mask.
    Constructed of bone and…other materials, you are the means through which murderers hide their visage. Through you they can hide behind simple names like “blahmcblah” or “Lucedes”, nonsense names that mean nothing beyond the hiding of their truth. But at the same time, you are the truth, aren’t you? “Matev” and “Alegis” are what they are, deep inside.

A mask hides so very little. It cannot hide a heart. Ribcages hide a heart, and they are easily broken. You are far more fragile than that, but a careful hand, a steady hand, a murderer’s hand...it can treat you correctly.

TRAITS
    We Added Loot: Whenever a serial killer murders another serial killer, they obtain their mask. This is a SEQUEL mechanic.
    And Gemming: While a serial killer possesses the mask of another, they may choose to add one of their Traits or their Obsession to their personal Obsession for that turn only. There is no limit to the number of Obsessions a serial killer may have, but they may only use one from each mask they possess each turn. This is a RPG mechanic.

OBSESSION
    It’s Basically How You Improve Every Game: You are a tool to be used by others. You may kill anyone YOUR HOLDER TARGETS WITH TRAITS THAT MATCH YOUR OBSESSIONS.

VC: You win if your holder wins the game. You are also a game mechanic and not a person, so you do not care.

How long have we been trapped within? Logic holds that it has been but a few hours, but the records say nearly a week has transpired. There were more of us before. We leave spaces for them on the dance floor, spaces that have been emptied with time. Whispers are due by 7 PM PST/10 PM EST as always.

We will be in touch. I know that this is undesirable, but please be assured, the alternative is worse. Do not touch others until we are done.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    All correspondence that is correspondence has concluded. That which is just a dull screaming coming from your computer that you thought was the fan until it continued after you shut it down will be ongoing throughout the night.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Some sucker tried to roleblock me last night
    So whoever is doing the roleblocking is paying close attention to the thread because I was tied for the vote until 4 minutes before close

• Options
    Oops. I think. I honestly didn't know I beat the tie there.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    OooOoOoOooOo

Can't win them all, gentlemen. Strike these ghosts down!

OoOoOooOOooO

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Zhong Kuo is like a ghost hunter. I was going to make him a role in my haunting phalla when it was a Chinese myth phalla before it was changed to ghost stories.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    I don't think that has any effect on anything.

Steam
  • Options
    Except he was generally considered a spirit that focused on hunting evil spirits. But I suppose we are all unscrupulous here.

Steam
  • Options
    Vote record supports premium yesterday, with ketbra voting for him in a tight race.

Steam
  • Options
    For now I'm going to put up a kaplar vote.

Steam
  • Options
    What do we have? 8 folks left?

Steam
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Counterpoint, I'm not a ghost.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    I have been asked so nicely to change my whisper
    As such I will do so.

Dear CesareB,
    I am sorry but you are, to me, suspicious. Therefore I dislike you.

At first I was going to ask who asked you about this.

Then I remembered I could just stab.

vertroue

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    I WAS TOLD TO CHANGE MY VOTE!!

sniff it is a waste of time to have me go to the Library.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    dumbdumb!

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Well, Cesare was my other partner, so our planned attack didn't go through, obviously.

Our hit squad hat attempted someone last night, but obviously he's not vulnerable to my obsession.

For now, I think a Kaplar vote is just fine.

• Options
    I WAS TOLD TO CHANGE MY VOTE!!

sniff it is a waste of time to have me go to the Library.

I asked vert to not vote for me

• Options
    Why is a vote for me "just fine"?
    Because I've been inactive? I've been voting off hunches.

• Options
    Duna:
    Premium
    Zombiehero

• Options
    An argument could be made for voting for the anonymous. No real votes if significance, and there was that day 2 wagon which may have been a cred increasing exercise.

Steam
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    OooooooOooooooo

Died just in time to go to Dragoncon woo!

OooooooOooooooo

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Why is a vote for me "just fine"?
    Because I've been inactive? I've been voting off hunches.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, right now I see a whole parcel of possible votes as valid and without a real network, I'm pretty much just playing hunches as well.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular

Looks like 10. 3 mafia dead, probably 3 alive.

1. Assuran - Offspring. Collectively. Curiously, only one skull.
    2. premium - A small skull. Beard impossibly attached.
    9. The Anonymous - A baker's dozen.
    12. Phyphor - A Throne of Skulls
    13. Zombie Hero - The Shattered pieces that certainly once served as a skull.
    15. Capfalcon - The Skull of a Beast's Mother
    16. Void Slayer - An Unrepentant Skull
    20. Jpants - An Onyx skull, Wreathed in Shadow.
    21. Vertroue - The Skull of a cultural construct.
    22. Kaplar - The Skull of a Giant Beast of Despair.

I still think Kaplar is a good vote. Laying low all game and then speaking up at the end when people start looking at you seems like something I've seen the mafia do frequently.

Phyphor's voting and activity has seemed off as well. T_A and Capfalcon are the other 2 suspects on my short list.

I'm pretty sure ZH, VS, Assuran and vert are village. Premium I can't pin down.

• Options
    Well I was tied with KetBra until the last possible moment in the vote last night and we both kept our votes on each other, so if you really think I'm mafia you must also think I'm an idiot

• Options
    I'm partial to aT_A vote myself.

He was the last vote on kime(second last being KetBra who turned up red).

There was that weird thing where all the known mafia up and decided to put votes on him for no reason near the end of a day when he was in no danger.

Etc.

• Options
    JPants wrote: »

Looks like 10. 3 mafia dead, probably 3 alive.

1. Assuran - Offspring. Collectively. Curiously, only one skull.
    2. premium - A small skull. Beard impossibly attached.
    9. The Anonymous - A baker's dozen.
    12. Phyphor - A Throne of Skulls
    13. Zombie Hero - The Shattered pieces that certainly once served as a skull.
    15. Capfalcon - The Skull of a Beast's Mother
    16. Void Slayer - An Unrepentant Skull
    20. Jpants - An Onyx skull, Wreathed in Shadow.
    21. Vertroue - The Skull of a cultural construct.
    22. Kaplar - The Skull of a Giant Beast of Despair.

I still think Kaplar is a good vote. Laying low all game and then speaking up at the end when people start looking at you seems like something I've seen the mafia do frequently.

Phyphor's voting and activity has seemed off as well. T_A and Capfalcon are the other 2 suspects on my short list.

I'm pretty sure ZH, VS, Assuran and vert are village. Premium I can't pin down.

I did kinda the same thing in zombiehero's phalla. In that one, I pinned you as mafia. It's just kind of how I play sometimes.

• Options
    I of course am village. You can trust me. After all that is my name Vertroue means faith.
    Hehe.

Have faith in me boys and girls and I promise to not led you a stray.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    For self preservation, T_A

• Options
    Current thoughts:

Assuran - Runner up to the kime vote. Seems unlikely to be mafia but I guess anything is possible.

premium - Obviously not mafia for a variety of reasons ;)

T_A - I posted my thoughts already. Last vote on kime, had that weird not-counterwagon late in the day when he wasn't threatened at all that included all 3 known mafia. Seems sketchy but that's kinda his thing, so I won't read too much into it.

Phyphor - Vote record that's not really indicative of anything. Post history that doesn't really stand out to me.

ZH - Kept his vote on KetBra (in fact, switched to Ketbra from me), which eventually let to KetBra being voted out. Prooobably not mafia, though given the level of trust some people seem to be giving him and his earlier claims I would have thought the mafia would have taken a shot at him by now.

Capfalcon - Put a vote on kime when he was up by 2. Not a terrible spot to be in but not exactly strong evidence that he's village.

VS - First vote on kime, kept it on him all day. It is kinda risky for a mafia to move their vote off someone when they start winning though, so it's not really strong evidence either way.

Jpants - Put a vote on kime when he was up by 1, which kinda makes me think he's not mafia unless they were really willing to throw him under the bus.

Vertroue - Broke the tie between assuran and kime, leading to kime being voted off. Unlikely to be mafia unless Assuran is also mafia, which also seems unlikely. Also switched off me last night when I asked her to, which doesn't really indicate anything, I guess, but was a nice gesture.

Kaplar - Managed to avoid being on any wagon that's killed someone, which is odd I guess but doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Fly under the radar mafia: Kaplar, T_A, Phyphor
    Risk takers and also T_A mafia: JPants, Capfalcon, T_A
    Probably Not-Mafia mafia: Assuran, ZH, Vertroue

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    t_a isn't always a risk taker, but he is giving off a mafia vibe

I've been kinda inactive because of 1) preparing for pax and 2) vote close is like an hour after work which I should have checked first

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    I guess T_A is a decent vote.

• Options
    look between Mr. T_A and Mr. Kappy the stranger of the two is Mr. K. The majority of all his posting has been well well under the radar. Why is that? It is a very known trait of mafia to do this.

So would I pick Mr.T_A who IS AT LEAST IT PARTICIPATING IN THE CONVERSATION aaannnd IS TRYING TO WORK WITH THE VILLAGE... no I will not!!

You the killer fools think and follow Mr. K on the simple road of 5 word posts.

So my dear Mr. Kaplar I think you Mr. Bare word poster should be the one to go. Not the one that is at least trying to play and help.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    The Anonymous

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Kaplar

• Options
    TA .

I'm not doing another tie.