As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: So does "gigapause" have a hard 'g' or a soft 'g'?

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Oh no John just brought the truth train into the station. All aboard choo choo.

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Oh man, this update. Jesus Christ.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    this feels kind of

overly self-congratulatory

• Options
    The layers of meta going on here. Have pretty much. Overtaken themselves.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I think it's kind of funny because IIRC all of Johns favorite movies are like that, where the cool dudes accomplish all the stuff and then they get the girl sort of thing, but it's different when it's people you know and in his actual experience it's not like that, everyone had an awesome adventure.

Maybe that's sort of the point?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    EffefEffef Who said your opinion mattered, Jones? Registered User regular
    tumblr_msh0kfu7ki1qfe7z2o1_500.png

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    John knows those are just movies, though. He enjoys movies for what they are.

This is not a movie.

It's a train wreck we just can't stop watching.

• Options
    Effef wrote: »
    tumblr_msh0kfu7ki1qfe7z2o1_500.png

If homestuck had kept up the Problem Sleuth style.

Oh, what could have been

(I love that Jake)

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    John knows those are just movies, though. He enjoys movies for what they are.

This is not a movie.

It's a train wreck we just can't stop watching.

But...

They're both stories.

I...

What?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Request that the thread title be changed to "MSPA: THAT'S ENOUGH! I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE OF YOUR SHITTY STORY! IT'S SO UGLY AND STUPID AND IT'S MAKING ME SO MAD!!!"

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Whyther wrote: »
    Request that the thread title be changed to "MSPA: THAT'S ENOUGH! I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE OF YOUR SHITTY STORY! IT'S SO UGLY AND STUPID AND IT'S MAKING ME SO MAD!!!"

I think that is actually too long. I'll update to something later though.

• Options
    GSM wrote: »
    lCIMIXc.gif

This just seemed oddly familiar somehow.
    gyQ8HSb.png
    tnrW6tT.png

There was something else that also made me think of the Draw-A-Horse thread and Berk's subsequent forum battle entry as well, recently...

I think it was in the doodle thread wherein DMAC actually, well, drew a horse.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    It's been three years, and I still have people in the comments section arguing about whether this song is or isn't actually pedo or not.

It never ends.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I never know what to think when I pull up a video from five years ago and people are still having conversations in there.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Oh the SadoMasoPedoRoboNecroBeastiality one?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I never know what to think when I pull up a video from five years ago and people are still having conversations in there.

It's died down substantially but it looks like people are still chatting on that homestuck Kickstarter comments page

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    huh, yeah that site looks legit, and the source is shiftylook which is an official Namco Bandai site. GUESS IT'S REAL AFTER ALL.

In other news I just became aware of through polygon, that Homeworld spiritual successor is now an official new Homeworld game

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    well at least john has a motivation for confronting the big bad guy now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

Yep!

People are still debating the title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa7O8juc44k

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    tumblr_msh6y1wktY1swm1m8o1_500.png

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

Yep!

People are still debating the title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa7O8juc44k

Huh, at least one of those commenters is woefully ill informed.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    huh, yeah that site looks legit, and the source is shiftylook which is an official Namco Bandai site. GUESS IT'S REAL AFTER ALL.

In other news I just became aware of through polygon, that Homeworld spiritual successor is now an official new Homeworld game

namco high is the realest thing that's ever been

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    it's nice to finally see John super goddamn pissed about something

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    tumblr_mq6aoo1j6l1rp2re6o1_500.png

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    tumblr_mq7y8yWENO1rp2re6o1_500.png

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    That Nepeta

All the adorbs

all of them

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Today in Homestuck
    September 2

2009: 7 pages. Dave moves his katana to his BLADEKIND strife specibus. He presses the "mix" button on the blender, and what looks like some sort of frog puppet is whirled into what appears to be a fake-bloody mess. A camera embedded in a nearby puppet zooms in on the incidence as Dave realizes he may've just unwittingly participated in "some sort of grisly puppet snuff film". He slices the puppet's head off and into the blender in response. He refuses our request to captchalogue the BUSTER SWORD that's behind the microwave, as it's probably the only thing in the entire apartment "that's a bigger piece of shit" than his own sword. He sets the blender to "crush ice", causing the severed head to bounce around uselessly. We ask him to "hide the evidence in the microwave", which reveals the microwave is full of smuppets, rendering the device utterly useless for its intended purpose. Indeed, "this kitchen is pretty much useless".

2010: 3 pages. "C4NDY C4NDY R3D!" Terezi settles in on a porch of her greatly enhanced hive and begins he chat. Karkat thanks her for not messaging him in a memo, unless she does in the future, to which she says she's tired of getting banned for no reason and that maybe she'll start her own bulletin board: "R41NBOW RUMPUS P4RTYTOWN". Karkat considers this an empty thread until he scrolls down and sees that she did, in fact, start such a board. The topic of discussion switches to the mission Terezi was just informed about by Snowman. Karkat objects because he considers Jack an ally, but Terezi points out that he's stabbed Karkat on multiple occasions, which Karkat can only defend by saying some of the stabbings were "ACCIDENTAL". Terezi says she's suspicious of Jack because of the way he smells, which Karkat also finds nearly nonsensical, and besides, Terezi has "BEATEN THE SHIT OUT OF" him a few times anyway. She objects to this by sassing that hey, at least she didn't "DR4W BLOOD" though the prospect would've been intriguing to figure out his blood color. Not that it matters, since she apparently figured it out anyway. Karkat objects and says he's "BEEN VERY CAREFUL" and acts a little disgusted as Terezi licks her glasses to get a better idea of what they're typing. Anyway, she finally reveals what she knows and she knows it:

GC: GR4Y ON R3D
    GC: L1K3 TH3 W4Y YOUR SK1N
    GC: CONC34LS YOUR BLOOD
    CG: WHAT
    GC: C4NDY C4NDY R3D!
    GC: L1K3 YOUR PL4N3T
    GC: YOU H4V3 STRONG CH3RRY COUGH SYRUP 1N YOUR V31NS! 1T 1S COMPL3T3LY D3L1C1OUS.
    CG: WHO TOLD YOU
    CG: DID JACK TELL YOU

GC: NO H3 DO3SNT T4LK MUCH
    GC: 1 F1GUR3D 1T OUT MYS3LF
    CG: HOW
    GC: 1 GOT 4 CLOS3R LOOK
    GC: R3M3MB3R >:]
    CG: NO
    GC: PFFF YOU 4R3 PL4Y1NG SO DUMB, YOU KNOW 3X4CTLY WH4T 1 4M T4LK1NG 4BOUT
    CG: I CLEANED UP MY WOUND AND CHANGED MY SHIRT BEFORE I EVEN MET YOU, I'VE BEEN EXTREMELY CAREFUL.
    CG: SO YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO FILL ME IN.

GC: 1T W4S WH3N 1 GOT CLOS3 3NOUGH
    GC: TO SM3LL 1T UND3R YOUR SK1N
    GC: PL34S3 K4RK4T, DO NOT PR3T3ND TH4T YOU FORGOT 4BOUT OUR L1TTL3 MOM3NT
    CG: WHOA
    CG: YOU MEAN
    CG: DURING
    CG: FUCK.
    CG: OK SHHHHHHHHHH SHH SHH SHH...
    CG: LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT THIS, NOT HERE.

GC: TH1S 1SNT 4 M3MO!
    GC: 1TS 4 PR1V4T3 CORR3SPOND3NC3 JUST B3TW33N US, R3M3MB3R?
    CG: I KNOW BUT
    CG: DAMMIT
    CG: WRITING ALL THESE MEMOS HAS MADE ME PARANOID.

Karkat relentlessly changes the subject to how Terezi smells so well, and she gets into it a bit. The scene transitions to a bird's-eye view of her hive, where's she's sitting, her lususprite, and the clouds of her planet below, which resemble somewhat nerve synapses firing. She explains that when Vriska blinded her was the first time she woke up on Propsit, which is when her dragon lusus began to teach her a "D1FF3R3NT W4Y TO S33". Importantly, she also says her dream self is blind as well (recall that everyone else's dreamselves generally have their issues fixed, like Tavros's paralysis or Vriska's arm and eye). She says though, that until Karkat wakes up on Skaia himself that it will be difficult for him to really understand what she's saying. Until then, she says she'll handle the new mission, promises not to tell anyone else about his blood, that despite everything, the other trolls generally respect him as a leader, and <3. The conversation ends, but he reopens it to send a "<3" and then it really ends.

2011: No update.

2012: No update.

• Options
    Oh and uh

Update

• Options
    well at least john has a motivation for confronting the big bad guy now

Provided he knows that this dude is also Lord English.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i am loving homosuck so fucking much

• Options
    I was loving it because it was coming fast and furious.

Now back to the no plot advancement ever main story.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    lol if you even get frustrated at homestuck anymore

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    If you have expectations for Homestuck you're just going to be disappointed and angry. You gotta just strap in and enjoy the ride.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I was loving it because it was coming fast and furious.

Now back to the no plot advancement ever main story.

My Feelings Whenever Bleach anime fillers ended.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    i am loving homosuck so fucking much
    Apparently so does Hussie, because goddamn that was a lot of updates.

We were hovering at over nine pages a day there.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ctrl+c, ctrl +v

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    update

edit: oh wait, that's what effef was referring to

Kilroy on
  • Options
    More like Slowroy

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    everyone falls the first time

• Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    honkdate

: O )

Whyther on
This discussion has been closed.