Options

[Wii U] THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN NEW ONE!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Two things:

1. Netflix doesn't freeze anymore!
    2. Download speeds are great now. 10mins for a 700mb demo? Yes please!

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Two things:

Yeah, it hasn't yet for me. But I've had good stretches before, we'll see.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    b1rdman wrote: »
    So I finally Unboxed my WWWiiU set it up and downloaded WW and the W101 demo. Also set up a NNID: b1rdman. Feel free to add me, I have no friends

You have no friends cause the NNID b1rdman doesn't exists :P

Actually, it does, he just hasn't setup his miiverse part yet. He only has the normal friend list NNID thing. I sent him an invite through that.

• Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    Help me make a decision!

I'm still trying to pick a title to bundle with WWHD in order to save shipping costs. If I buy soon from this online store I get 20%, which means it's 50% cheaper than Aussie retail.

Choices are:
    1. Res Evil Revelations
    2. Sonic Lost World
    3. Batman Arkham Origins
    4. Game and Wario (sold out from this particular store)

Res Evil is cheap as chips ($AU 27) but I'm worried I simply won't play it.

I'm leaning toward Batman as there is gonna be a different 3D platformer hitting in Nov I'll probably get.

• Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    So great news, my Wii U isn't broken! Turns out the TV was just being super weird. It would play sound from everything except the Wii U, but after power cycling the TV everything is fine. Probably related to the power outage we had a few days ago.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Kriegaffe wrote: »
    Help me make a decision!

I'm still trying to pick a title to bundle with WWHD in order to save shipping costs. If I buy soon from this online store I get 20%, which means it's 50% cheaper than Aussie retail.

Choices are:
    1. Res Evil Revelations
    2. Sonic Lost World
    3. Batman Arkham Origins

I'm leaning toward Batman as there is gonna be a different 3D platformer hitting in Nov I'll probably get.

I'd probably go with Batman if you don't think you'll play RE.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Help me make a decision!

Choices are:
    1. Res Evil Revelations
    2. Sonic Lost World
    3. Batman Arkham Origins

5. The Wonderful 101

But seriously, can' go wrong with Sonic, I think.

• Options
    Help me make a decision!

Choices are:
    1. Res Evil Revelations
    2. Sonic Lost World
    3. Batman Arkham Origins

You should probably get what you're leaning towards, since you know your tastes best. However, I can vouch for Revelations as being pretty dang awesome. I played all the way through it on 3DS...twice I think, as well as raid mode which is also great. I am not a huge Resident Evil buff or anything, but you don't need to know the series to get it, it's pretty standalone.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    sweetcreamscoopssweetcreamscoops Registered User regular
    This is a little late but is Rayman $40 because of a price drop or a sale?

• Options
    Sale, I think?

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    This is a little late but is Rayman $40 because of a price drop or a sale?

A sale

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Help me make a decision!

Choices are:
    1. Res Evil Revelations
    2. Sonic Lost World
    3. Batman Arkham Origins

You should probably get what you're leaning towards, since you know your tastes best. However, I can vouch for Revelations as being pretty dang awesome. I played all the way through it on 3DS...twice I think, as well as raid mode which is also great. I am not a huge Resident Evil buff or anything, but you don't need to know the series to get it, it's pretty standalone.

Ok... I'm going with RE since it is of known quality.

Batman could end up being a bad port (or simply bad). I can wait for reviews for it and Sonic.

Kriegaffe on
  • Options
    It is kind of a big responsibility when you feel like you convinced someone to get a game, so I hope you enjoy it!

Remember I also said to go with what you were leaning towards. :P

Really though, at least when it came to the 3DS release, people all over were singing the game's praises. Best RE since RE4, and the only modern game that feels like it has a semblance of what the series used to have as far as creepy atmosphere and exploration, not just an action romp.

And Raid Mode can be very addictive, getting new weapon drops with more damage, ammo capacity, slots for upgrades...it's a great loot game.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    It is kind of a big responsibility when you feel like you convinced someone to get a game, so I hope you enjoy it!

Remember I also said to go with what you were leaning towards. :P

Really though, at least when it came to the 3DS release, people all over were singing the game's praises. Best RE since RE4, and the only modern game that feels like it has a semblance of what the series used to have as far as creepy atmosphere and exploration, not just an action romp.

And Raid Mode can be very addictive, getting new weapon drops with more damage, ammo capacity, slots for upgrades...it's a great loot game.

I did play the demo and it seemed ok. I loved RE4 and have played through both the GC REmake and RE Zero. I've played much of RE5 on easy, but never really liked it. I also really enjoyed Dead Space 1 & 2. So hopefully RE:R will reignite my love for Survival Horror.

It's mainly a case of too many good games around. Okami Wii and Earthbound (to pick just two from many) are both staring at me saying "Why are you buying new games?" while Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends are taking most of my playtime.

Edit
    One last comment, I passed on RE6 and Dead Space 3 and it occurs to me just now they are a emblematic of the reason I don't use my PS3 anymore.

Kriegaffe on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Have any of you had your gamepad tinted some odd colors on booting up the system? I've occasionally had it tinted blue, once it was tinted yellow. Rebooting the Wii normally fixes it, but I'm trying to figure out if something is wrong with my tv, or the hdmi cable, or some part of the WiiU.

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    It turns out being able to play Wii games in bed is pretty awesome. Finally giving Xenoblade Chronicles a shot.

Gamepad controls would certainly be nice, but this is a solid addition on its own. Weird that you're apparently required to point the Wii remote at the television before it'll go full gamepad, unless that was just a one time thing. Regardless, long ass JRPG finally worked its way into my roster due to convenience, so I'm happy.

OneAngryPossum on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Two things:

Yeah, it hasn't yet for me. But I've had good stretches before, we'll see.
    I think it's fixed. I had it briefly fail, and then pop up a warning with a retry option.

• Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    So I finally Unboxed my WWWiiU set it up and downloaded WW and the W101 demo. Also set up a NNID: b1rdman. Feel free to add me, I have no friends

You don't say? Well I thought it said I successfully made a NNID and I thought you needed to be signed into one to DL any games off the eShop. I have no rebuttal at the moment, but as soon as I get home from work and can follow up on this mystery I will get back to you. Stay tuned and thanks for at least trying to be my friend.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Nitsua wrote: »

Actually, it does, he just hasn't setup his miiverse part yet. He only has the normal friend list NNID thing. I sent him an invite through that.

Awesome. I shall look into this and how to do it as soon as I get home then. Thanks for clearing that up.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    Have any of you had your gamepad tinted some odd colors on booting up the system? I've occasionally had it tinted blue, once it was tinted yellow. Rebooting the Wii normally fixes it, but I'm trying to figure out if something is wrong with my tv, or the hdmi cable, or some part of the WiiU.

I have not, sorry.

• Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    Just got back from Gamestop with the WWHD limited edition. So in addition to not getting the good version of the statue, the US edition of the game also doesn't have that sweet reversible slipcover. I'm still happy that I have this, but pretty bummed at what could have been. (AKA the EU version)

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Man the only reversible cover for any Nintendo game released in the US I can think of was Kid Icarus Uprising for 3DS.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Xenoblade had a reversible cover.

So did all of the New Play Control series.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Whaaaaaaaaaat? No reversible cover? Lame.

• Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Oh man now I gotta check my Mario Power Tennis and Pikmin 2 covers when I get home.

• Options
    Xenoblade's cover is a thing of beauty.

• Options

Oh man now I gotta check my Mario Power Tennis and Pikmin 2 covers when I get home.

Yup, you can switch the cover so you don't see that ugly "New Play Control" cover they added.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular

did they really? The only one I have is Punch-Out, so now I have to check.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    An hour to go on Shantae and it's soooooo close to the $800k stretch goal. I really hope it makes it.

Still sad it will probably never hit the voice acting and cutscene goals (they are keeping the paypal open afterwards to hit more stretch goals, but I think the odds of them getting a *ton* of extra money are low)

Edit: So close...
    @WayForward: We're into the final hour!! We're currently at $790,558 with PayPal, just $10,000 short of the next stretch goal!!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Never played any of the Shantae games.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    If only half the people who supported Mighty Number 9 went and chipped in a few bucks to Shantae it would make a world of difference. Shantae might not have a huge name like Inafune behind it but we've actually seen a lot more of it. Part of me feels like Shantae deserves just as much if not more support. Oh well, I'm just happy both are getting made.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    The first one was hugely flawed but still fun.

It was super obtuse in telling you what you needed to do.

The DSi game is super fun though.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Never played any of the Shantae games.

Shantae is great. It's a bit like Castlevania, in that there is an open world where areas are opened up by obtaining new powers. Two of the games are currently available on the 3DS eShop. Also I think Risky's Revenge is still free on iOS, though that's with kind of crappy touch virtual buttons.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I gave them as much money that I could. I probably would give them more if I played the games.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, I upped mine an extra $15 for an extra copy of the game, but that's about all I can afford (I already pledged pretty high :P)

Oh btw, if anyone cares - yesterday on their TwitchTV page they played through the entire unreleased GBA Shantae build (video is up for re-watching). It's kind of amazing how much they had in there - there's an entire dungeon, most of the transformations, and a bunch of other stuff. Kind of neat to see how much was recycled for the DSiWare version.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    If I hate this game when it's all said and done I'm coming after you guys.

• Options
    It's bouncy hair whippin' good!

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Man, I am so glad. I didn't think we'd make 800,000, but we pulled it off.

• Options
    edzepp wrote: »
    Man, I am so glad. I didn't think we'd make 800,000, but we pulled it off.

I honestly didn't think it'd hit *any* of the stretch goals with the way it was going. So glad it hit a bunch of them.

Still sad it didn't hit voice and cutscenes :(

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    So Nintendo just released some bitchin' (and fucking huge) official artwork for 3DWorld, and as ONM is about to attest, it's full of secrets. Care to try and make a bit of sport of it, and find all the hidden details before reading the article where ONM points them out?

Gallery:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewer.php?mode=article&id=62138

Article:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/55108/features/10-things-we-learned-from-the-super-mario-3d-world-artwork/

Before I gave up and read the entire article instead, I managed to notice about two or three of the pretty sneaky things. It looks like there's going to be way, way more to this game than anybody might've guessed.
    Comet Observatory guys.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
This discussion has been closed.