Options

[Wii U] THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN NEW ONE!

• Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    I actually like the single player Murphy levels. It's a bit more puzzle-riffic. You need to be thinking a little bit about what the programmers were thinking when they programmed the AI. With that in mind, I enjoy guiding the second player through and getting all the Teensies.

I do have co-op buddies on hand (ages 4 & 5) and they struggle a bit with the more intensive Murphy sections. I.e. anything that requires precise timing or movement. They have much more fun just riding shotgun on the regular levels; painting Lums and tickling bad guys.

One time they gave up on a Murphy-centric level and I was forced to finish it by myself playing both players. Now that's a challenge!

(In other news... those kids selected New Game this morning to watch the opening movie again and wiped my progress :( )

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Kriegaffe wrote: »
    (In other news... those kids selected New Game this morning to watch the opening movie again and wiped my progress :( )

Ouch, that sucks. That's why I create separate profiles for everyone.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    sweetcreamscoopssweetcreamscoops Registered User regular
    I played the murphy levels with my brother before and they are fun as co-op but I much prefer playing single player. Ubisoft should have just put them aside in the challange modes rather than making them part of the story.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Ouch, that sucks. That's why I create separate profiles for everyone.

Yeah, since Wind Waker saves aren't shared between profiles this is one case where separate profiles would be a boon

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon listed for Wii U on Newegg. Probably a mistake, but wouldn't mind if it were true. There are actually a few 3DS games I wouldn't mind seeing on Wii U.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I can believe Nintendo would start porting 3DS games to Wii U in order to try to get some games out faster. I wonder how RE:R turned out for Capcom

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    I can believe Nintendo would start porting 3DS games to Wii U in order to try to get some games out faster. I wonder how RE:R turned out for Capcom

Well Monster Hunter 3 U is considered a hit, I believe.

I don't have a 3DS and I feel I'm missing out a bit; Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Castlevania MoF....

Castlevania in particular is making the jump to the home consoles, just not Wii U :(

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The 3DS has some rad games on it, yeah

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Kid Icarus would have the benefit of having a control scheme that it was actually intended for. Especially if you can use the Wiimote + Nunchuck. Plus, the graphics are begging for a bit more power to be put behind them.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

Understatement of the year.

I still feel like there aren't that many games on the 3DS, comparatively, but the quality:quantity ratio is insane.

So yeah, get a 3DS @Kriegaffe .

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

I still feel like there aren't that many games on the 3DS, comparatively, but the quality:quantity ratio is insane.

So yeah, get a 3DSXL @Kriegaffe .

ftfy

• Options

Kids will probably get a 2DS each at xmas.

Still figuring out what I'm gonna do.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular

Pokemon is the answer you're looking for.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I picked up the zelda bundle this weekend, also Monster Hunter.

Sadly, Zombie Hero was already taken, so I went with Pastalonius for my Nintendo name.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular

Definitely at least one copy of Mario Kart 7. You can play multiplayer off of one cartridge.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    So, as most probably know, there's an Ultimate version of Inustice coming but not to Wii U. Apparently, there's a reason for that.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm willing to bet Nintendo has something in place to prevent double dipping with DLC. They are pretty picky about such things - for example it took a lot of work just to allow bundled Rock Band tracks originally. Personally, I find the practice of Ultimate/GOTY/etc editions to be ridiculous - they punish people for supporting your product.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Does the Wii U version of Injustice even have all the current DLC that the other platforms have yet?

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I'm willing to bet Nintendo has something in place to prevent double dipping with DLC. They are pretty picky about such things - for example it took a lot of work just to allow bundled Rock Band tracks originally. Personally, I find the practice of Ultimate/GOTY/etc editions to be ridiculous - they punish people for supporting your product.

I'm willing to bet the first version just didn't sell well enough. That's "more complicated" than being biased against Wii U.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Does the Wii U version of Injustice even have all the current DLC that the other platforms have yet?

The first four characters are out I know, not sure about the others. There's also a balance patch that was never released I believe.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Let's face it, nobody wants to lose money by developing for Wii U. Everyone who did got burned. They're not dumb enough to take a second bite at the rotting apple.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Yeah good point.

On the plus side, with no third party games to buy, I'm gonna save so much money this generation.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    Everyone who put out a late port or a half-assed game got burned.

Sega made out well with Sonic and Ubisoft made out well with Rayman.

• Options
    BigJoeM wrote: »
    Everyone who put out a late port or a half-assed game got burned.

Sega made out well with Sonic and Ubisoft made out well with Rayman.

I believe Warner Bros. had some success with Scribblenauts as well, no?

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    I didn't keep up with it.

That wouldn't surprise me, as it's the only WiiU game i see with any advertising.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Yeah good point.

On the plus side, with no third party games to buy, I'm gonna save so much money this generation.
    You'd save even more money by quitting video games altogether. I'm not sure why you keep bringing this up.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Dirty wrote: »
    Yeah good point.

You'd save even more money by quitting video games altogether. I'm not sure why you keep bringing this up.

Because there's no point being down on Nintendo's failure in the marketplace, may as well find as many positives as you can in the process.
    Edit: Also because it just kinda fits into my overall plan for this upcoming generation. During the seventh generation, I made the mistake of buying too many consoles and handhelds. I ended up with everything but the PS3. Too many games to play and too little time became frustrating. In an effort to save my sanity and wallet I'm just sticking with one console and one handheld this time. By third parties abandoning the Wii U that's just that much more money I'll be saving.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Yeah good point.

Because there's no point being down on Nintendo's failure in the marketplace, may as well find as many positives as you can in the process.
    Edit: Also because it just kinda fits into my overall plan for this upcoming generation. During the seventh generation, I made the mistake of buying too many consoles and handhelds. I ended up with everything but the PS3. Too many games to play and too little time became frustrating. In an effort to save my sanity and wallet I'm just sticking with one console and one handheld this time. By third parties abandoning the Wii U that's just that much more money I'll be saving.

Plus, I'd hesitate to call this one a huge loss. We're still getting Batman for both Wii U and 3DS from WB and haven't seen the Lego games cut off from either system, all we're not getting is a double-dip effort on a fighting game. It stinks to see support dwindle, but I don't consider this a big deal. The fact that I'm not getting Madden on PC or Wii U bugs me much more (although I'm likely in the minority on that one).

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm honestly in Maximum's boat. I'm going WiiU/3DS only this new generation, and it isn't because I have some crazy hatred of the other companies (in fact I like Sony a lot) but I just don't have the time/money to keep up my hobby like I used to. I had a 360/Wii/PS3 last generation and just didn't have the time to play everything that came out.

Plus my most looked forward to multiplat games are Arkham Origins and Lego Marvel. Origins I'm getting for PS3 to keep my collection uniform, and Lego games have always been Wii/WiiU purchases for me.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    I don't know if I want to get the new Batman on Wii U. I played the Arkham games on PC and I can't imagine playing them without a mouse/keyboard.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

I'm willing to bet the first version just didn't sell well enough. That's "more complicated" than being biased against Wii U.

Yeah, it's really not worth their trouble.

• Options
    I don't know if I want to get the new Batman on Wii U. I played the Arkham games on PC and I can't imagine playing them without a mouse/keyboard.

I played the first two on PC as well and really liked the control scheme, but it's been over a year since I played them so I'm completely out of practice anyway.

Plus my PC is shit, so actually being able to play it at basically the highest resolution and all details set to max is gonna be nice.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

I really can't see buying anything multi-platform for the Wii U. Because chances are, I'll get quicker access to dlc and better patch support if I stick with the PS3 and the 360.

• Options
    Oniros25Oniros25 Registered User regular
    The Wii U port of Arkham City was my favorite version of that game due to tiny touches they added like Alfred's voice coming out of the gamepad speaker. That kind of stuff is neat. Hopefully we get more little flourishes of that nature in Arkham Origins.

Nintendo Network ID: Oniros
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7489-3097
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    I try to get all my multiplats on the 360 unless a particularly great deal comes up. I love my Wii U, but the 360 just has better support in terms of patches and sometimes even content. And as embarrassed as I am to admit it, achievements play a really big factor.

• Options

I'm the opposite, I couldn't imagine playing WITH a mouse/keyboard. :P

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

I'm the opposite, I couldn't imagine playing WITH a mouse/keyboard. :P

It works really well, attacking with the mouse buttons feels great.

• Options
    It's like any third person action game that doesn't have a quick snap to behind L-button view like 3D Zeldas is just so hard for me to control. Free look and aiming is so much better with a mouse than a right analog stick.

I tried using a usb controller to play games like Saints Row and GTAs on PC since people seem to swear by gamepad controls for those games, and it was a mess for me, fighting to do basic stuff like look around and aiming at dudes. I guess it's just takes practice and spending more time with the dual analog controls, but unless the new Batman has some really compelling gamepad elements I'm probably gonna put that down as a "wait for a steam sale" game.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    To each his own, but I find the Arkham games to control so well with the controllers. Quick-gadgets also work very nicely.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Yeah good point.

Also, this comment wasn't necessary. We all have our own preferences in what we play. If a company we prefer isn't doing well, we tend to find a positive way to look at it.

Throwing snide comments at other people because their opinion differs from you is goosery of the highest order.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
This discussion has been closed.