Options

Extreme Makebrover: SE++ Edition

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    LIBERTY SPIKES ARE SO HOT

Ahem anyway

I wouldn't let it grow much longer than it is in that picture, probably - and I don't really go for hair dyeing personally so I wouldn't be the person to ask. But you look quite dashing in that photo, so that length seems flattering on you?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    finding out a lot of people don't like this thread

shame though i like it and really isn't that what matters most

I don't dislike this thread! I just want to be reassured that people are willing to rag on my clothes/face.

It is my highly specific fetish
    sex talk BAM double controversy

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I think a lot of the time when people's posts get missed in this thread, it's when there isn't a question specific enough for you to go, "Yes, that is a question I have a relevant and possibly helpful answer for!" Not that it's bad to ask open-ended or broad questions in this thread, but sometimes those are harder to think of helpful things to say and then time passes and oops I forgot to go back and answer that post.

At least, that's why I usually don't answer people; that or someone else has already answered it better. I can't speak for the whole thread, of course.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Also, y'all, my face is broken out as all hell right now. It fucking sucks.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    HellaJeff wrote: »
    Every pair of frames I got from warby parker looked terrible

I get so bummed when this happens, I love mine so much I want everybody's face to look awesome in WPs

I'd ask for pics but if you're unhappy then no big, I hope you find something else that works!

I'd give pics anyway but I live in the 90s and don't have a camera. I think I have to stick with ultra thin rectangle frames, unless I am prepared to go Full Dad Mode and get big ass round ones.

I just want to stay true to my punk rock roots...

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    finding out a lot of people don't like this thread

shame though i like it and really isn't that what matters most

I can never figure out why people dislike this thread

is it a culture thing, or a specific complaint, or what

ihni

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    oh wait Blake said it was something off the confessions thread, I see

• Options
    MadEddy wrote: »
    I think a lot of the time when people's posts get missed in this thread, it's when there isn't a question specific enough for you to go, "Yes, that is a question I have a relevant and possibly helpful answer for!" Not that it's bad to ask open-ended or broad questions in this thread, but sometimes those are harder to think of helpful things to say and then time passes and oops I forgot to go back and answer that post.

At least, that's why I usually don't answer people; that or someone else has already answered it better. I can't speak for the whole thread, of course.

This is pretty much me, yeah. I'll respond when I can but often I just don't get the chance, or I forget to, or I really don't have a lot to say. I do make a point of trying to ready everyone's posts but sometimes it moves that fast that I skim a bit.

Plus Kate has not been here as much as in previous threads, and she was always super good about making sure everyone got feedback.

THAT SAID - this is also a forum on a thread. There is nothing that entitles your post to being read and responded to every time. It's not personal. It's just how threads work. You may feel ignored and that would totally suck, yeah, but it's another thing to take it personally and say that it's a problem with this thread and not every single thread ever made ever.

• Options
    On reflection maybe let's not spend the last few pages we have of this thread bitching about people bitching about this thread.

• Options
    I do this thing where I let my hair get exactly where I want it, then it is a little too long and I cut it all off because fuck paying for hair cuts.

And then I saw Usagi and she said over a wonderful brunch how much she pays for her hair cuts and how fast it grows, instead of turning me off I thought "If I can get those results I would pay that price in a heartbeat"

So now I am waiting for my hair to start looking good and find an amazing hair dresser who I hope serves me wine

• Options
    A good hairdresser is totally worth the money. At my new salon I get a little gift bag every time I go and I get served tea/coffee with biscotti and a piece of chocolate. Also, complimentary head/neck/shoulder massage. And she nailed the look of my hair on the first try. It's awesome.

A friend of mine was so picky about her hairdresser (she has Asian hair like me so we are extra particular), she actually drives from Brisbane to the Gold Coast to get her hair done. It's a 45-60 minute drive.

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i love everyone in this thread. i don't get to post as much as i'd like but i am happy that everyone in here is happy

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    A good hairdresser is totally worth the money. At my new salon I get a little gift bag every time I go and I get served tea/coffee with biscotti and a piece of chocolate. Also, complimentary head/neck/shoulder massage. And she nailed the look of my hair on the first try. It's awesome.

A friend of mine was so picky about her hairdresser (she has Asian hair like me so we are extra particular), she actually drives from Brisbane to the Gold Coast to get her hair done. It's a 45-60 minute drive.

and to think I thought using the Wahl shaver every 4 months was going to keep me happy.

I COULD BE SERVED BISCOTTI

• Options
    Sometimes I'm not happy! But this thread helps make me feel better.

Recently people have been telling me I've lost weight when that is abjectedly untrue. I can see that my midsection has gotten a bit bigger since the surgery and some of my shirts have felt a bit tighter in that area. I've been getting on top of it by doing my rehab exercises and eating a bit less, but I might go onto a portion-controlled diet plan starting this week to help things along.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    I feel like a new hairstyle, has anyone got any ideas? Have some poor-quality photos:
    3dz0.jpg

pr6i.jpg

For some reason I fancy having it really short at the sides and keeping some length on top and at the fringe, but I a)don't know exactly what I want and b)don't know that I won't look a tit.

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    get rid of the facial hair is the only thing i can contribute

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    yeah the neckbeardness is a little bit distracting

you don't have to go barefaced but do consider trimming/tidying it up a bit

that said I really do like your hair already, I'd say it's looking a little long in the back so it definitely needs a trim there

as far as a straight-up change goes, though, I'm not very good at changing things that already work and look really nice!

• Options
    yeah the facial hair is just out of laziness, I'll get rid and see if not being lazy for a minute makes me feel better.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Your hair seems so straight that short on the sides longer on top might suit a pompadour styling. You'll never know unless you try!

Don't get rid of the facial hair just clean it up. Facial hair is cool.

Also don't take this the wrong way but that pattern/neckline are not flattering, you'd look much nicer in a higher collar, single color type of thing.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Your hair is a lovely colour! Like a subtle auburn.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I like the hair at the moment! maybe a bit shorter could help.

I'll definitely second the cleaning up of the facial hair though. I think if you keep the stubble on your face that will look great.

Also, what Apho said about the shirt. A button up shirt or one with a higher neckline would be stellar.

you have a fairly good looking neck/shoulder area. Draw attention to that with clean shaven skin and a shirt that gives only the option of looking at the neck area.

• Options
    Cheers guys. I used to be 4 stone lighter than I am now and haven't really updated my clothes preferences to match.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I just want to re-voice my support for a formalwear thread because I like my suit about as much as you can like a suit you can buy off-the-rack at Macy's.

• Options
    I feel like a new hairstyle, has anyone got any ideas? Have some poor-quality photos:
    3dz0.jpg

pr6i.jpg

For some reason I fancy having it really short at the sides and keeping some length on top and at the fringe, but I a)don't know exactly what I want and b)don't know that I won't look a tit.

I think you would look good with something shorter on the sides and a bit shorter or more styled on the top. Your hair looks like it is a little...floppy? Right now. My hair does the same thing, and I have to either keep it well trimmed and styled or bite the bullet and try growing it out all the way like I am now.

Also keep the back cleaned up! Seconding the, "you don't have to get rid of the facial hair, but keep it trimmed" and the, "you would look better with different neckline on your t-shirt" comments

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    guys when I wake up my hair is extra awesome and I wanted to share it with you
    IMG_20131012_093528_zps062dbc08.jpg

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    tumblr_mu1t04eI8V1r2hndbo1_400.jpg

ladies get so many cool swimsuit options

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That swimsuit is so rad and kind of really gross

I love it

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Also, y'all, my face is broken out as all hell right now. It fucking sucks.

Miiiine too. I'm in the it-gets-worse-before-better stage of some new skin stuff and I know I should power through but I'm so tempted to go back to the dermatologist and beg him to DO SOMETHING

@mysst your hair is so much like my brother's it is freaky!

• Options
    Mysst wrote: »

need to get some product in there. Give that deflated hair some real lift

• Options
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »

need to get some product in there. Give that deflated hair some real lift

the result will cause a hurricane somewhere on the planet

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »

I liked blue mayhem alright! I don't like blue-haired freak very much. I felt like it dropped out too fast and wasn't vibrant enough. I will say this is one, THE ONE TIME EVER, that I actually feel manic panic is better than sfx because I really like Shocking Blue and I felt like it lasted a decent amount of time and faded nicely. I'd post pictures but every picture of me on facebook with shocking blue hair is actually really fucking horrible somehow and barely shows the color. This one is actually the best picture of the color I have and that's a pretty terrible photo, augh. Every now and then I think I should go back to long hair and then I remember I just tied it back constantly and that's why I don't have a single photo of my hair being both blue and down. Anyway I know you don't really let your color fade much so probably not so much an issue for you how it fades out, yea?

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    What a coincidence, I was just thinking about dyeing my hair lately ... opinions? I think black is too dark, but I don't know if there's any shade between what I have and well inky darkness. Plus fake black usually looks so ... fake.

Kyle said lighter maybe? I dunno. Also, if anyone has any haircut recommendations I would love them so, because right now my hair is almost this length, and I wear it pretty much like that as it gets longer and longer.
    ZlUpJz6.jpg?1

If you want to go darker, you can usually find really dark but not black espresso colors even in box dyes. Mostly black dyes in boxes are very flat so they look super fake, while dark dark brown tones still have some highlight and look a little better. I like your current color though!

• Options
    I want my hair to grow faster so that I can ombre iiiiiittttttttt

tomorrow is coconut oil + face mask day, I am pretty excited

I might even do my nails and go full on pamper mode

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    @Vivixenne your hair is black isn't it, how does ombre work on it, what colour will it go?

• Options
    Getting some sugaring done in an hour and a half

should I just take a bunch of ibuprofen now and avoid the rush?

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Liiya wrote: »
    @Vivixenne your hair is black isn't it, how does ombre work on it, what colour will it go?

it is very black; I've never colored it before

and because it's never been colored before, all I need is a lightener, and it will go on the lower third of my locks (but will start creeping in at the halfway mark)

the issue is because I'm Chinese, any color other than black can potentially look odd, so I want to keep the hair bits around my face black, but then everything past my neck can be something a bit different

a red-brown, maybe, like this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ovr5sI3ph5w/Tc3767V21PI/AAAAAAAAEoM/v3Mc48owmhk/s1600/march2011after.jpg

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    what is sugaring

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    it sounds tasty

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    I think the "wax" is made from a reduction of sugar and vinegar, which is where it gets its name

This discussion has been closed.