As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone Play Netrunner With Me and Bogart and Cesca and Elldren [chat]

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Man, The new guy at work has handed in his notice and is leaving on Wednesday.
    Apparently, he feels like he's just not able for this job (he joined us right out of uni), which is a shame, i've been there before and he seems like a good guy.

Still, impromptu midweek leaving drinks! Followed by an increased workload, but still. Drinks!

sig.gif
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    one of these days im gonna stop being fat.
    probably because ill be dead and decomposition will be kicking in.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2013
    japan wrote: »
    Mo Farah is the current 10,000 metres Olympic and World champion and 5000 metres Olympic, World and European champion.

Today he participated in the Great North Run (which is a half marathon), amongst some of the world's best, all of whom were looking to beat him.

One of them did. So what does the BBC use as a headline on their front page?

"Farah beaten in Great North Run".

If I'd just won that I'd be fuming.
    It was Kenenisa Bekele of Ethiopa.

I ran the Stockholm Half marathon this saturday, but I hadn't ran at all since june 1st so I was 10 minutes slower than last year. Got 2.15.
    And I had to step into a portapotty to poop at 15km, so really I might have gotten an equal time this year. Decent improvement in base physical.

Edit: Half Marathon. Of course.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I wish I had a walking/treadmill desk

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Organichu wrote: »
    also i will now be the fat guy who gives weight advice but ultimately none of these decisions or anxieties are as important as eating better

if you eat like a typical gorging person in the western hemisphere then realistically no amount of exercise will help

in my experience (and I've come to realize from all the health forums I've visited that there are at least dozens of different body types in terms of what produces results) if you continue to eat taco bell by the party pack and exercise and you are a person who's prone to weight problems and not an elite body builder, your body will employ lots of great little defense mechanisms like prompting you into sleeping more or slowing you down ever so slightly or increasing your appetite to make it very difficult to sustain

For me the two biggest factors that make sure my pants from age 15 are bigger than my pants now are giving up sugared soda, completely, forever, and eating a lot of fiber (idk the specifics of why but it seems to make me a lot more full and fibrous foods take longer to chew)

It sucks there's no magic bullet, as of yet, I'm hopefully science will pull a "turn into an athlete" pill out of their beakers someday

override367 on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Honk wrote: »
    Mo Farah is the current 10,000 metres Olympic and World champion and 5000 metres Olympic, World and European champion.

Today he participated in the Great North Run (which is a half marathon), amongst some of the world's best, all of whom were looking to beat him.

I ran the Stockholm marathon this saturday, but I hadn't ran at all since june 1st so I was 10 minutes slower than last year. Got 2.15.
    And I had to step into a portapotty to poop at 15km, so really I might have gotten an equal time this year. Decent improvement in base physical.

you mean a half mara, right

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Anyone who mocks someone trying to exercise is a dick. Everyone starts somewhere, and there is always someone who can do more than you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMgNLTw2NGw

I always say Gim like Homer says Gym.

It's only a tiny sliver if the many reasons I luv Gim

<3

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    What's the point of being a Vegan Libertarian. To me the two philosophies don't seem like they jibe.

Man I don't even know. Common ground of ruining pleasant conversation at cocktail parties?

all i know is a vegan libertarian is the last person i would want to go to dinner with

just when you're done with the tedium of getting a meal ordered to the right vegan specifications

you're stuck with splitting a ticket and trying to wheedle a non-embarrassing tip out of a libertarian

fuck that

god i love getting meals out with the nyc group

every time getting more than enough for the meal + tip

i think there must be less common posters who fuck up our boston meals where a lot of times the money doesn't make sense at the end of the night

fucking boston people

We always throw in so much for tipping because we don't want to think about it

we suffer from a time scarcity more than a "BUT WHAT IS 18% SPLIT OVER THE 5 OF US BUT MORE FOR YOU CAUSE OF THE 10 SIDE DISHES YOU INHALED???" scarcity

we've had enough of that noise

HOW MUCH MONEY DO I HAVE TO THROW IN THE MIDDLE TO GET OUT OF WATCHING YOU DUMBS ATTEMPT BASIC MATHS??

@Organichu
    @Hakkekage

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I know this chick who is like super short (Like 5'1) and she does crossfit and lifts the same weights that 6' tall dudebros lift.
    I'm like WTF
    HOW YOU DO THIS
    The weights are like bigger than your entire body dammit.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I really need to start working out again. Its just depressing how bad my cardio is at the moment, but the real issue is that I'm just straight bored by the enterprise at this point.

This is why I desperately want the omni-directional treadmill to become real. I want "I need to work out" to be synonymous with "play online deathmatch until my legs stop working".

Like the time I went bodyboarding in the freezing but excellent surf, felt myself getting tired and then fell over when I tried to run out of the water because it turned out I'd just been paddling and wading constantly against the waves and not realizing it.

• Options

I ran the Stockholm marathon this saturday, but I hadn't ran at all since june 1st so I was 10 minutes slower than last year. Got 2.15.

Yeah!

Otherwise I'd be world champion. :)

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    my coworkers will get back from lunch soon and Ill have to start working in earnest again

noooo

• Options

Yeah!

haha i was about to say

that is flirting with world record territory :P

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    My mom lives around the corner and I have a key for her place, it has a mini gym in the basement

I think there are weights in there as well as some machines but I don't know what I'm doing

at least I can go on the treadmill

I suspect you could find proper form for a wide variety of excercises on youtube

that's what I did to doublecheck the stuff I was reading about in convict conditioning

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I know this chick who is like super short (Like 5'1) and she does crossfit and lifts the same weights that 6' tall dudebros lift.
    I'm like WTF
    HOW YOU DO THIS

I am ashamed to say I am sexualizing your friend rigt now and I don't even know what she looks like.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    jesus how are last year's smartphones (and the year before) so absurdly cheap

am i missing something

according to amazon, there are a whole lot of android smartphones that were top of the line in like, 2011 on sale for like... literally more than $300 less than modern flagships (s4, htc one, iphone 5s, etc)

how do prices drop that fast o.o

Literal 1.5 year obsolescence cycle.

Also, verizon isnt like this, becuase :verizon: and verizon says "fuck you".

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    THUNDER

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Anyone who mocks someone trying to exercise is a dick. Everyone starts somewhere, and there is always someone who can do more than you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMgNLTw2NGw

I always say Gim like Homer says Gym.

It's only a tiny sliver if the many reasons I luv Gim

<3

Heh. I did not anticipate that, but I welcome your pronunciation and will be holding a small but boozy brunch this Saturday to celebrate it.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Tiiiiiired

• Options

Yeah!

haha i was about to say

that is flirting with world record territory :P

When I was getting a bit tired I saw a guy in a wheelchair doing the race and thought well fuck me! Dat arm strength and endurance!!

• Options
    like the nexus 4 unlocked 8gb is less than $300 o.o

that is cheaper than a lot of phones with subsidy!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    What's the point of being a Vegan Libertarian. To me the two philosophies don't seem like they jibe.

Man I don't even know. Common ground of ruining pleasant conversation at cocktail parties?

all i know is a vegan libertarian is the last person i would want to go to dinner with

just when you're done with the tedium of getting a meal ordered to the right vegan specifications

you're stuck with splitting a ticket and trying to wheedle a non-embarrassing tip out of a libertarian

fuck that

i think there must be less common posters who fuck up our boston meals where a lot of times the money doesn't make sense at the end of the night

fucking boston people

Eating out with people you don't know well is terrible. One of them is always a cheap fucker who clearly hasn't put in enough cash. So you end up in a really tense situation where you're somehow £40 short and suddenly everybody has to throw another fiver in.

This happened at a friend's birthday a while back where she invited a lot of B-team friends. It was clear that the cheapskate was in that section. Nobody really wanted to go for a drink afterwards as things had got quite unpleasant.

when we've come up short at pax it's mostly been because people haven't considered tax, which adds up on a $1600 ticket.

also some people are cheap. that too

You get a prix fixe every year?
    How is that complicated?

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Speaking of exercise, the sun finally came out here and the radar is clear, so I'm going to go walk the dog.

I put on jeans for the first time since spring the other day and they were really loose around the waist, so I'm doing something right

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I am waiting for science to turn me into a rich, at-peace Adonis.

You've got your work cut out for you, nerds. I hope your microscopes are all calibrated and shit.

• Options
    like the nexus 4 unlocked 8gb is less than $300 o.o

that is cheaper than a lot of phones with subsidy!

That's an old phone. Beiber was still a dumb kid and not a douchey adult yet when that phone came out.

Rebecca black was a thing too.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    yes my celebration of when the tab is handled easily is matched by my undying anger with anyone who makes it difficult

you get one chance to fix the fuck-up if somebody points out that there's something wrong with the bill

if not you are forever known to me as a cheapskate lacking basic decency

sig.gif
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

fuck that

fucking boston people

Eating out with people you don't know well is terrible. One of them is always a cheap fucker who clearly hasn't put in enough cash. So you end up in a really tense situation where you're somehow £40 short and suddenly everybody has to throw another fiver in.

This happened at a friend's birthday a while back where she invited a lot of B-team friends. It was clear that the cheapskate was in that section. Nobody really wanted to go for a drink afterwards as things had got quite unpleasant.

when we've come up short at pax it's mostly been because people haven't considered tax, which adds up on a $1600 ticket.

How is that complicated?

also lots of people order drinks to the table, even though it'd be easier for people to start individual bar tabs

i found that the friday night thing usually goes pretty smooth, though, vs the other stuff

like i think saturday night bar stuff has been a headache for 3 of the 4 years?

and oh god the time we tried to order pizza to the hotel sunday night in 2011ish i think?

such a painful experience

i just want to throw my wallet at the nearest person and then put on headphones and turn them up

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    What I've found depressing is that I'm eating and working out about as well / much as at any point in my life and I still can't keep weight off. I was at 180 for years while I was dating / newlywed, but now I'm well past 210 and creeping towards 220. If things don't turn around, I'll just need to start buying 36" waist pants.

The stupidest thing is my cardio is the best it's ever been. Ah well, guess that's part of hitting 30.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    @Organichu

I ate your bbq chicken thing. I threw bacon on it because the machine asked and who am I to say no to that?

Was p good. I'm not the biggest fan of their breaded chicken but not too shabby.

Also got pumpkin latte because I hate myself.

p good.

p good.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    ugh this dc thing is going to seriously affect my work environment

• Options
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Organichu

I ate your bbq chicken thing. I threw bacon on it because the machine asked and who am I to say no to that?

Was p good. I'm not the biggest fan of their breaded chicken but not too shabby.

p good.

p good.

i'm ashamed to say that after a 10 hour shift the other day i got the pumpkin cream smoothie

it was p tasty

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Man I could probably buy a treadmill or some weights

hmm

ponder ponder ponder

Over time, if we used them, it'd totally be less expensive than a gym membership for two people

but finding room for them could be tough

Buying exercise equipment is the quickest way to ensure you will never exercise.

mostly i just feel dumb as hell even thinking about going to the gym

i don't know form i don't know much of anything I guess I can go and walk on a treadmill

frankly I feel dumb just talking about dieting and trying to lose weight especially in [chat] because i basically feel like everyone is laughing and making a jerkoff motion

but if I had a thing in my apartment at least i could turn the tv on and look dumb in semi-private

Wait why do you feel dumb talking about dieting and working out? A bunch of us are trying to do both. No one's going to poop on you for taking care of yourself.

Having your own treadmill is cool (but they are pricey and take up space).

It is only day two and I am a stupid fat fuck

• Options
    kaleedity wrote: »
    ugh this dc thing is going to seriously affect my work environment

It's because a Arab was crowned miss America.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

fuck that

fucking boston people

How is that complicated?

also lots of people order drinks to the table, even though it'd be easier for people to start individual bar tabs

i found that the friday night thing usually goes pretty smooth, though, vs the other stuff

like i think saturday night bar stuff has been a headache for 3 of the 4 years?

and oh god the time we tried to order pizza to the hotel sunday night in 2011ish i think?

such a painful experience

i just want to throw my wallet at the nearest person and then put on headphones and turn them up

How is ordering a pizza even remotely complicated?

"Yo. Im getting a pizza"
    "cool bro, Ill throw in for dat"

Done.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    My mom lives around the corner and I have a key for her place, it has a mini gym in the basement

I think there are weights in there as well as some machines but I don't know what I'm doing

at least I can go on the treadmill

I suspect you could find proper form for a wide variety of excercises on youtube

that's what I did to doublecheck the stuff I was reading about in convict conditioning

exrx.net

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I'm like WTF
    HOW YOU DO THIS

Laws of leverage.
    That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

• Options
    As for drinks, well it is a restaurant and the waiter should get his cut of table drinks, but that's why you keep a rough mental count of what you order and add 50% to the sub because you definitely forgot at least two of your drinks, asshole!

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Organichu

p good.

p good.

i'm ashamed to say that after a 10 hour shift the other day i got the pumpkin cream smoothie

it was p tasty

You can't say you're ashamed by your weakness for sweets and then say the indulgence was p. tasty the very next sentence!

• Options
    basically, I guess what Im saying is, if there is bill drama at ePAX 2014, Deebaser might hafta smoke a bitch.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Man I could probably buy a treadmill or some weights

hmm

ponder ponder ponder

Over time, if we used them, it'd totally be less expensive than a gym membership for two people

but finding room for them could be tough

Buying exercise equipment is the quickest way to ensure you will never exercise.

mostly i just feel dumb as hell even thinking about going to the gym

i don't know form i don't know much of anything I guess I can go and walk on a treadmill

frankly I feel dumb just talking about dieting and trying to lose weight especially in [chat] because i basically feel like everyone is laughing and making a jerkoff motion

but if I had a thing in my apartment at least i could turn the tv on and look dumb in semi-private

Wait why do you feel dumb talking about dieting and working out? A bunch of us are trying to do both. No one's going to poop on you for taking care of yourself.

Having your own treadmill is cool (but they are pricey and take up space).

It is only day two and I am a stupid fat fuck about to get strong as fuck

This discussion has been closed.