As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone Play Netrunner With Me and Bogart and Cesca and Elldren [chat]

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Why is everyone alergic to gluten all of the sudden

vaccines, probably

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    One day stupid bullshit will stop happening to you Henroid.

@STATE OF THE ART ROBOT <3<3<3

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    kill meeee

poo
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    In the year 2525
    If man is still alive.
    People will be attending St. Ludious Cathedral for Sunday mass.

Also
    If people start arguing about pizza this is what I do.
    1) Go ahead and order myself a pizza
    2)Watch as they stop arguing long enough to look at me in bewilderment as I devour it.

my sister in law refuses to eat like 99% of toppings and a few other people are crazy as fuck picky so a big family party everyone was arguing for like an hour

then 5 pizzas arrive

turns out my mom just ordered 5 pizzas, 1 meat lovers, one supreme, one cheese and sausage, and 2 variations on veggie pizza (one with sausage)

NONE OF THE PIZZA SURVIVED, people get less picky when the pizza is in front of them

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular

IBS
    grains are bad for you mm'kay compared to previous "eat nothing but grains olol" maxims
    self diagnosis gone awry

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    vegans are terrible people.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I'm always baffled by the vegan hate. I guess it's equal parts reaction to the idea that someone has a stricter moral code and not actually knowing any vegans.

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    the key to getting food with a bunch of people is understanding that not everyone likes or eats the same things you do and to not be a douchebag

if your dietary requirements are really that onerous, adapt and don't burden the group

"Let's get a pizza."
    "I'm lactose intolerant."
    "Let's get Chinese."
    "Gluten doesn't agree with me."
    "Let's get a steak."
    "I'm vegetarian, too."
    "Let's get fast food. You can order a salad."
    "They don't kill their animals ethically so I'm boycotting all fast food."

I protest

lactose intolerance doesn't inhibit cheddar consumption, it should have no bearing on pizza!
    what the fuck are they putting on your pizza THAT IS NOT THE CORRECT CHEESE

ASIA

poo
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

vaccines, probably

Well vaccines aren't actually a problem
    EXCEPT for the fact that there's a magnetic resonance with the CHEMTRAILS

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    kill meeee

I think I can pencil you in.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZAvE4Yci7U

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

vaccines, probably

i checked the science and it says this is the case

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    kaleedity wrote: »

IBS
    grains are bad for you mm'kay compared to previous "eat nothing but grains olol" maxims
    self diagnosis gone awry

well I get grains are bad for you, I don't eat them for weight loss reasons except if I'm a ren faire or its my birthday or something (I don't care if I have type infinity diabetes and one gram of sugar will kill me I'm eating fucking cookie dough ice cream and cake on my birthday)

but I'm skeptical so many people are allergic to them

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

vaccines, probably

It's such bullshit.

Like, the girl I am with is actually allergic to gluten, wheat and most grains. And whenever she has even trace amounts (like when they flour-dust a cut of fish) she gets hives, extreme bloating, and days of massive GI discomfort.

And almost nobody takes it seriously because people think its "cool" to be allergic to gluten. It's not cool, fuck heads. It kind of sucks.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    all this talk of pax and pizza makes me wish it were pax time.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    I'm always baffled by the vegan hate. I guess it's equal parts reaction to the idea that someone has a stricter moral code and not actually knowing any vegans.

the hate comes from being used to cooking for people and suddenly not being able to share any food with this new, weird category

I got through the situation by never really contributing any of my own food to gatherings @arch

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    the key to getting food with a bunch of people is understanding that not everyone likes or eats the same things you do and to not be a douchebag

if your dietary requirements are really that onerous, adapt and don't burden the group

I, literally, cannot have 99% of take away foods, owing to my body being broken and awful.
    Which is why I just tell everyone else to order their own food and i'll sort myself out. Minimal fuss and nobody gets held to ransom by my requirements.

Is this not common practice amongst people who are older than toddlers, or am i missing something here?

sig.gif
  • Options

it's because vegans are universally the worst people

they're right next to anime nerds on the "order of societal worth" list

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    186918.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

well, having a strict moral code doesn't have any inherent value, but if people wanna vegan they can vegan, my best friends wife is and she's never bugged me

a girlfriend of one of my friends though is vocally vegan, and that's where it gets into "oh my god shut the fuck up" town

• Options
    halp i need sleep

i blame GI JOE

poo
  • Options
    MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    I love vegan food, except 'vegan' food which is always vegetables trying to be meat, or just terribly processed garbage attempting to vaguely resemble Mac and cheese, or a hamburger. Vegan cheese is a crime against humanity.

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    I go to the hannibal lector school of cooking so

if you're vegetarian, vegan, or don't eat people, tough :|

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    all this talk of pax and pizza makes me wish it were pax time.

all this talk of pax and pizza makes me wish it were pizza time

• Options
    MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    Some good Indian food, or spinach tofu soup though...

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, about Bronys.

I believe that without the internet, there would be no Brony. Now let me be clear, I don't mean that the internet enables Bronys to get together and form groups and become a thing.

No, I don't mean that at all.

I mean that the internet is, and I believe we all will agree, generally an awful place to be a person. It's full of hatred, cynicism, intolerance, rage, terrible behavior, an utter lack of decorum, politeness, caring, or decency. A wretched hive of scum and villainy. This is so universally true that places like Penny Arcade stand out dramatically for possessing collective traits like common decency and respect for fellow members. Other places also create these safe circles, and similarly are noted for being so different from the awful norm.

Couple this with the general trend in media of being oh so grimdark, and people just end up latching on, almost desperately, for something that's simple, straightforward, and demonstrates the basic humanity and kindness that gets you abused and shit on almost universally across the internet. Friendship, respect, and stories where people do the right thing and it works out take on an almost mythical quality in a sea of Breaking Bads and youtube flamewars and casual disgusting sexism and epic trolling.

The internet didn't enable the Bronys - the internet created them.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »

the hate comes from being used to cooking for people and suddenly not being able to share any food with this new, weird category

I got through the situation by never really contributing any of my own food to gatherings @arch

Its funny that when you and I hung out I was closest I ever have been to being actually vegan

Now I'm getting closer to normal meat people things or whatever

Also the most vegan hate, in my opinion, comes from people afraid of strawman vegans who will like, jump over a table and give you a pamphlet when you are about to eat a burger

/also PETA being dumbheads

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

They aren't.

Like, seriously, I think the stat is somewhere upwards of 85% of people who think they have a gluten allergy do not in fact have one.

• Options

How many minorities has [chat] derided this morning?

Bronies ... pedophiles ... Scientologists ... libertarians ... and now vegans.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    lud is taking holz from message bored?

got points. S'my rule. Just so no one is so confused or starts weird rumors again (which they will). If I get points I leave until they wear off. It's what I do. If I'm pissing the mods off and pissing other people off, it's better for me not to be here than get banned. It's not some WOE IS ME attitude. I still read the forums and like/agree and PM. It's just best for me. It's, for me, logical.

So stuff. I return to the shadows.

this was all good until the last line, and now scared of the dark.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    HerrCron wrote: »

I, literally, cannot have 99% of take away foods, owing to my body being broken and awful.
    Which is why I just tell everyone else to order their own food and i'll sort myself out. Minimal fuss and nobody gets held to ransom by my requirements.

Is this not common practice amongst people who are older than toddlers, or am i missing something here?

There is a whole class of people (doesn't have to be vegan but its definitely a popular one for this issue) who go all huff n puff when the takeout menus come out. "There's nothing I can eat from there," or "you guys go ahead and order, ill just not eat until we are done here" or any other number of phrases designed (whether intentional or not) to make you feel shitty about looking forward to your deep fried porkfat battered meat pile.

Smart people with dietary restrictions almost always travel with some food on them. If your shit is so dire that you literally cannot eat at 75% of establishments, you need to be prepared to feed yourself at any time.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    all i am saying is that if i have a child that comes out as vegan i'm writing them out of the will

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, about Bronys.

I believe that without the internet, there would be no Brony. Now let me be clear, I don't mean that the internet enables Bronys to get together and form groups and become a thing.

No, I don't mean that at all.

I mean that the internet is, and I believe we all will agree, generally an awful place to be a person. It's full of hatred, cynicism, intolerance, rage, terrible behavior, an utter lack of decorum, politeness, caring, or decency. A wretched hive of scum and villainy. This is so universally true that places like Penny Arcade stand out dramatically for possessing collective traits like common decency and respect for fellow members. Other places also create these safe circles, and similarly are noted for being so different from the awful norm.

Couple this with the general trend in media of being oh so grimdark, and people just end up latching on, almost desperately, for something that's simple, straightforward, and demonstrates the basic humanity and kindness that gets you abused and shit on almost universally across the internet. Friendship, respect, and stories where people do the right thing and it works out take on an almost mythical quality in a sea of Breaking Bads and youtube flamewars and casual disgusting sexism and epic trolling.

The internet didn't enable the Bronys - the internet created them.

So listen to this.

I basically support this post 100%

My fiancee and I watched all of Torchwood last year and fuck that show is emotional.

We would both need to watch something that was the exact opposite to calm down. Thus, we would watch about one or two episodes of MLP for every three or four Torchwood episodes because no matter how sad you are, bright colors and people winning things through FREEIIIIENNNDSHIIPPPP and silly hijinks make things better

• Options
    edited September 2013
    emnmnme wrote: »

How many minorities has [chat] derided this morning?

Bronies ... pedophiles ... Scientologists ... libertarians ... and now vegans.

I bet there's actually a lot of crossover in some members of these 5 groups

override367 on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I don't really have any problem with evangelical members of a group. Wanting to spread your own moral code, religion, and hobby all over another person's body is a pretty common feeling.

• Options
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    I love vegan food, except 'vegan' food which is always vegetables trying to be meat, or just terribly processed garbage attempting to vaguely resemble Mac and cheese, or a hamburger. Vegan cheese is a crime against humanity.

Counterpoint- processed vegetable protein that tastes like meat is one of the greatest accomplishments of food science

And put vegan cheese on a pizza I promise its good

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    So I've just discovered that Australia is abandoning science.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

They aren't.

Like, seriously, I think the stat is somewhere upwards of 85% of people who think they have a gluten allergy do not in fact have one.

Fuckin' wish I wasn't.
    I can't imagine why anyone would needlessly decide to make life more difficult for themselves when they don't need to by deciding they have a gluten allergy when they blatantly don't.

My mind.
    She boggles.

sig.gif
  • Options
    all i am saying is that if i have a child that comes out as vegan i'm writing them out of the will

"What is that you're hiding? Bean curd? YOU ARE NOT MY SON!"

• Options
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

vaccines, probably

It's such bullshit.

Like, the girl I am with is actually allergic to gluten, wheat and most grains. And whenever she has even trace amounts (like when they flour-dust a cut of fish) she gets hives, extreme bloating, and days of massive GI discomfort.

And almost nobody takes it seriously because people think its "cool" to be allergic to gluten. It's not cool, fuck heads. It kind of sucks.

Cultural appropriation?

This discussion has been closed.