As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Get excited for the girl with the super mega death rockets

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    That was nuts.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Shockingly, Fnatic once again loses a game where despite winning in kills they could not get more gold.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    RYC just managing to somehow keep up.

Finals gonna be sick. Too bad I gotta get up at 5 AM for them ><.

• Options
    AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    Time after time it seemed Fnatic would not push an advantage after a teamfight and were content to farm jungle or just port back to fountain. Contrast that with Royal who would push a lane every time they won a fight, or would rotate to the empty lane when they lost to push that instead. Shows what kind of coordination is necessary to adapt to these teamfight outcomes.

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Lotta obvious, easy mistakes out of Fnatic. Peke looking straight out of bronze for much of that last match - *silly goose dives early on, almost always out of position later in the game. Nobody peeling for Puszu, just leaving him to die when tanking a single AA would have either turned the fight or at least come out even instead of losing.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Shockingly, Fnatic once again loses a game where despite winning in kills they could not get more gold.

I'm pretty sure Fnatic was ahead or basically even in gold for most of the game. It's just that if 2 teams are more or less even on gold, but team A is getting it from minions and objectives and team B is getting it from champ kills, team A is winning because at the end of the day the game is about objectives (and by extension the minions between you and the objective you want).

• Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Lotta obvious, easy mistakes out of Fnatic. Peke looking straight out of bronze for much of that last match - *silly goose dives early on, almost always out of position later in the game. Nobody peeling for Puszu, just leaving him to die when tanking a single AA would have either turned the fight or at least come out even instead of losing.

As much as I respected and still respect Peke, for me this has been the turning point in the series. He was just not focused, didn't take teleport, didn't roam efficiently and quite frankly, I don't understand the second Fizz pick qhen it was clear Royal Club knows how to deal with him.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I hope Royal wins just because I want Royal Annie. I don't know why Kayle ulted her during some of those 5v5s, though, Annie with a kindlegem, boots of mobility, and sightstone 50 minutes into the game is only good for one AOE stun and then die.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    I'm not exactly Hansel or Derek Zoolander levels of handsome, but everyone from Royal looks super-ass goofy.

Welcome to Asia

EDIT: Really spectators? There is only one team that has manhandled the other team that stomped during the group stage

Comment totally unjustified (and kind of racist). Have we forgotten about OMG, a team that ranges from "not bad" to "daaaaaaamn", already?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The thing I want people to learn most in random games?

Stop. Fucking. Chasing.

You are usually going to walk right into a 4v2 or 3v1 or something because their teammates are coming.

If you can't catch them in 5 seconds, and they aren't the last person alive, BACK OFF.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Stop. Fucking. Chasing.

You are usually going to walk right into a 4v2 or 3v1 or something because their teammates are coming.

If you can't catch them in 5 seconds, and they aren't the last person alive, BACK OFF.

if u give up on the chase u r a COWARD!!!!!!

chase foreverrrr

nothing is better than killing somebody at their double towers at minute 8

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Surgical, strategic... and kinda boring.

@Skippydumptruck I don't know if I'd watch this one unless you want to watch the best midlaner in the world shut down.

@spool32 I watched royal vs omg, it was p good

may watch today's royal games tomorrow

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I hope Royal wins just because I want Royal Annie. I don't know why Kayle ulted her during some of those 5v5s, though, Annie with a kindlegem, boots of mobility, and sightstone 50 minutes into the game is only good for one AOE stun and then die.

Annie gets her stun back very fast. Has good base damages and robbers goes away when she dies

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular

Stop. Fucking. Chasing.

chase foreverrrr

Man I remember the old Shen glory days where you would chase people past all 3 lane towers and dive them at nexus turrets and still get away at 8 minutes.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »

Stop. Fucking. Chasing.

chase foreverrrr

Man I remember the old Shen glory days where you would chase people past all 3 lane towers and dive them at nexus turrets and still get away at 8 minutes.

I still do that.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Varega wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »

Stop. Fucking. Chasing.

chase foreverrrr

I still do that.
    Yeah but now your ult can be stopped by roots. So there.

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    99lp in silver 2

riot pls

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I bet I just left a really angry team. We had not done so great in early game, but their team sucked at teamfights, so we were going oretty well. We got to one point where I E'd up a ramp to finish off corki (as ez) at the inhib turret before probably winning....

And the power went out. It's still out.

Less than awesome

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    5cs/min barrier and I just really love each other it seems.

Also haven't won a real pvp match in like a week or two.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I though FNC looked really good all things considered, although I agree that Peke was off his game. FNC really seperated themselves from the rest of NA/EU at worlds IMO. They hung with the team I think will take it all, and could have taken it to a game 5/won the series with some different plays/picks. I was really impressed by them over all, but think this just shows how good Royal is IMO.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Weekend matches really are the worst. >.<

Shame I can only really play this on the weekends.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

Play ARAM and not worry that the other lanes and/or jungle are playing with their asses or not. Unless you're going ranked, then god have mercy on your soul.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular

Play ARAM and not worry that the other lanes and/or jungle are playing with their asses or not. Unless you're going ranked, then god have mercy on your soul.

I tried this method. My team had feeding annie + DC karma. Their team had malphite, taric, and shen + DC pantheon. Weekend in full force.

• Options

I'm trying to get to Gold before the Season's over.

Was going quite well until today.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Is there no third place match for worlds?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    No

• Options
    And it's not even just bads. It's kids (...though they are also bad).

Temper tantrum throwing kids that chase, feed, play the blame game and I'm forced to mute inside of 5~ minutes.

School should be a 7 days per week affair. :/

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Surgical, strategic... and kinda boring.

@Skippydumptruck I don't know if I'd watch this one unless you want to watch the best midlaner in the world shut down.

@spool32 I watched royal vs omg, it was p good

may watch today's royal games tomorrow

@Skippydumptruck I went to bed, so I didn't see the last games. Also I was all busy today so I saw none of the other semifinal. Was it good?

Anybody watch the last three sk vs sword games?

• Options
    JAEF wrote: »
    No

IF YOU AIN'T FIRST, YOU'RE LAST

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »
    No

I really wish they would have had a better groups stage, a losers braket, and / or a 3rd place match.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Lovely.

Enemy team has blitz. Cass waits alone in the path they will ALWAYS take to invade, they predictably invade, she gets hooked and gives up first blood to Vayne.

My support... is Leona. Who... is constantly behind me, so Blitz just takes the near bush immediately and sits there while Vayne walks up to autoattack me with impunity (she started lane with Doran's+Long sword thanks to the first blood).

Somehow it's my fault I get outfarmed.

Leona thinks "if I can just jump them someone will die" and repeatedly engages... to no effect at all, since Blitz has multiple hard CCs. Or Vayne laughs, walks past and just kills me.

Completely my fault that I die repeatedly and horribly and don't stand so far away I can't get gold, xp, or anything.

Naturally, Cassiopeia is the one leading the "blame Ezreal" train.

God I love this community.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I really wish this whole thing would be over already so I can be that much closer to my new Piltover champ and season 4.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Oh man. Just carried the everloving fuck out of a lost game.

People call roles and everyone agrees, except that one guy decides to throw a wrench in everything.

Now, I wasn't at my best, because I had just come from a game with an ADC who went 0/7 and then d/cd. So I was angry at support and wanted to not support. Suddenly the silent dude, after waiting 25 seconds with no champ selected, goes diana and locks.

So I switch to the first thing I can think of: Rammus.

Then the guy who wanted jungle instalocks shaco, and says "WTF I'm JUNGLE NOOB REPORT"

So I'm stuck on Rammus support.

I specifically tell my team "After sightstone, I'm our only tank and engage, so I need to build tank. Everyone buy wards"

I then go 0/0/9.

Then in teamfights I get bitched at for a: Not buying enough wards(which on one else bought). b: Not building tanky enough(because I had to buy wards). c: Picking "noob support champ", and d: RAMMUS FOCUS MALZ"

I end 2/11/29, with almost full build. We win eventually all because of Rammus QE combos.

But jesus what fucks on that team.

Khavall on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    I went out of town for work but I just got back, I spoiled myself on the results, but on the real: which games from the semi-finals are worth watching?

• Options
    edited September 2013
    First two games of SKT vs NBS, 3rd game of RYC vs FNC.
    The rest are pretty much "as expected" or more of the same, imo.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I haven't seen royal club play yet so I may watch several of those

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I went out of town for work but I just got back, I spoiled myself on the results, but on the real: which games from the semi-finals are worth watching?
    All of the Royal games were great, their audacious barons are unbelievable. Also the two games Najin won against SKT, in the ones they lost they were just floundering around and it wasn't very interesting IMO.
    First two games of SKT vs NBS, 3rd game of RYC vs FNC.
    The rest are pretty much "as expected" or more of the same, imo.
    Of course you only mention the game Royal lost :<

Coinage on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Iunno. Watching FNC stomp Royal was a lot more interesting than watching Royal stomp FNC.
    Possibly because Royal are delightful Chinese Murderlordbots and one just expects them to stomp things.
    Also because FNC played a brilliant, utterly inspired match - where they lost the rest of the matches to superior mechanics.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Iunno. Watching FNC stomp Royal was a lot more interesting than watching Royal stomp FNC.
    Possibly because Royal are delightful Chinese Murderlordbots and one just expects them to stomp things.
    I wouldn't call them a stomp. They were even or behind in gold most of the time, they just hung on through objective control and pants wetting barons.