Options

Steam Thread buys games, sometimes plays them

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Damned needs a 5 pack and a good sale around Halloween.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/251170/

This appeared out of nowhere for me. Looking forward to checking it out later on today.

Slender mixed with The Hidden with variable monsters?

I can get behind that as a thing.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Aw man I thought you could start a download for a game using the Steam app? I wanted to get Dead Island Riptide downloaded. :(

• Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    I am waiting until later to play it with friends but decided to hop in a random game to see how easy that was.

Started in a room all by myself with 2 other survivors on my team. I search the room and find a key on a table. As I leave the room the 2 other survivors die somewhere. I start to freak out a little from the ambient noises and step into the hallway. *creeeaaaaakkkkk* I step on a plank the demon had set as a trap and I run down the hall right into a dead end set of locked doors. I spin round and start to scan the hall and then I see movement out of the corner of my eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

So now I'm still waiting until later.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Aw man I thought you could start a download for a game using the Steam app? I wanted to get Dead Island Riptide downloaded. :(

You can. Or at least, could last I tried.

• Options
    I guess it doesn't work for the Free Weekend games?

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Poopload more GOG games released in the middle of the night. Notables are probably Septerra Core and Gorky 17, made by some of the CD Projekt staff and widely regarded as one of the worst updates GOG has done.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Marikir wrote: »
    i don't understand Driver: San Francisco.

Why is it that whenever I try to turn, I skid and do 180?

in all the other racing games i've played, drifting lets you keep speed AND go around corners... But whenever i attempt it in this game, i lose speed, skid and do 180s or skid from left to right until i hit something...

I don't get it... Were the few racing games i played before completely wrong or does D:SF handle way differently and way harder than other racing games?

The GB quick look described it as cop show physics. I assume that means lots of squirrelly turns and jumps

it's really cop show like, i guess, but the controls are a bit... bad.

The game is starting to be more frustrating than fun to me.

The current mission I'm stuck at is a race... Problem is, about a third of the way through, the cops show up... and it seems like they're trying to get you specifically and not the other racers...

That, compounded with the slippery handling and the very curvy streets you're on makes for a real frustrating time... I dunno, i have only played two real modern racing games (Burnout Paradise and Outrun 2) and they felt really different, a lot tighter...
    Might I suggest you partake of your special ability to...impede both police and your opponents?
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Think about it. 3 announcements. 3 days between announcements. The 3rd announcement is clearly HL3 with co-op being developed for SteamOS.

Not co-op...

3-op!
    Holy shit... Finally Barney as a playable character! 8->

Half-Life_Blue_Shift_box.jpg

:?:
    Ok, totally forgot about that one :D

This appeared out of nowhere for me. Looking forward to checking it out later on today.
    This is a take on an old... Unreal or HL1 mod or something, isn't it? One invisible monster against a few survivors? I remember there being a lot of talk back in the day that the mod was quite a lot of fun, but I'm not really into that whole aerna/duel multiplay thing myself so *shrugs*

Edit: Though it seems they've upped the gameplay with quite a few "adventure" mechanics, might be cool...

Panda4You on
  • Options
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Poopload more GOG games released in the middle of the night. Notables are probably Septerra Core and Gorky 17, made by some of the CD Projekt staff and widely regarded as one of the worst updates GOG has done.

I remember working at a shoe store in the mall in high school and buying Septerra Core. I thought it was pretty neat.

• Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    That Damned page has some quality cherry picking going on in the quotes area

• Options
    This game is the worst piece of shit I have ever played.
    This game is... the shit.
    -urahonky

• Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Played a bit with a friend. The ambient sound design is really strong and I was soon freaking out after running into a few trapped objects. I then made the mistake of saying " fuck you, I'm hiding in the lobby ".

Not 10 seconds later my friend went into physical form RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE. It was pure dumb luck as to where I was hiding in the room but it scared the living crap out of me.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Got Ubuntu running on my netbook and I can play all of... 40 games (out of my library's ~140) on Steam's Linux version. Who knows if my system's specs can run most of those, but the important thing is that I now have gaming on the go.

First up is Thomas Was Alone.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    So I'm noticing that FRAPS is saying Dead Island Riptide is running at 60 FPS which makes me think it's internally locked at 30 FPS or something cause that is not 60 FPS. Oh well, it's playable just.. yeah.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just a heads up, if you're looking for cheap copy of Batman: Arkham Origins, some can be had for under ~$25 on eBay, Steam Trades and other such websites as they are bundled with Nvidia cards.

I'm hesitant on it but for that price, I caved.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    Just a heads up, if you're looking for cheap copy of Batman: Arkham Origins, some can be had for under ~$25 on eBay, Steam Trades and other such websites as they are bundled with Nvidia cards.

The last time I used Ebay I accidentally won two copies of Prince of Persia 08 for PS3.

With that said, I highly doubt I will win any of these auctions at the price I'm willing to pay.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »

I remember working at a shoe store in the mall in high school and buying Septerra Core. I thought it was pretty neat.

I liked the world and the story, but for some reason I never finished it. Can't remember why... probably just general "college".

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

Come on, merman!

Really getting pissed at DR2:otr, I'm chugging even in the hallways with no enemies. Internets tell me to disable crossfire (which I don't have) and change my audio. GFWL may also be to blame. I hope there's a fan patch.

• Options
    I was always under the impression Dead Rising 2 was a great PC version.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

The last time I used Ebay I accidentally won two copies of Prince of Persia 08 for PS3.

With that said, I highly doubt I will win any of these auctions at the price I'm willing to pay.

I paid $20 for it off ebay. Pretty good deal imho.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Sorce wrote: »
    Got Ubuntu running on my netbook and I can play all of... 40 games (out of my library's ~140) on Steam's Linux version. Who knows if my system's specs can run most of those, but the important thing is that I now have gaming on the go.

First up is Thomas Was Alone.

If you've bought any of the Humble Indie Bundles over the years than check your account page and you'll have a ton of Desura Codes as well.

I played the shit out of vvvvvv on Desura back when I had my Linux Phase.

edit: I didn't realize it until now, but the controller on the Steam livingroom countdown page is made out of cardboard, as is the cat.

Didn't a couple of guys sit outside Valve's HQ with a cardboard sign begging for Episode 3?

It all make sense now...

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    With all this buzz about SteamOS, I'm starting to think about putting Ubuntu back on my laptop again to play with it.

That, or I'll just wait for SteamOS and install that when it comes around.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I'm a little wary of it as the last two times i used Linux were horrible. The laptop I put it on wouldn't work right as the drivers didn't load up for the keyboard, weirdly. Installing Windowsxp fixed it. And the desktop I installed Ubuntu on kept crashing. I'm going steamOS fixes a lot of the problems people have with Linux and simplifies it.

• Options
    I was always under the impression Dead Rising 2 was a great PC version.
    I'll let you know as soon as it freaking runs properly. Don't get me wrong, it was fun to play, but I could not start a new game after my old one was "corrupted" as it started too freaking slow. Then my old "corrupted" game started working again.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    It runs fine for most people. It's unfortunate you're having problems Royce.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

Be careful, I tried to sell my code on ebay and instantly got scammed. there's alot of people scamming to get codes, redeeming then filing for refund saying the codes do not work. I assume they then take them and put them on craigslist for cash. Only buy from people with ratings in the hundreds.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If Mark of the Ninja had better combat it would basically be a 2D Batman Arkham game.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I'm theorizing its the windows live installation I have. I have yet to touch it in several months and much of my research points to that.

• Options

That's what I just bid, but I figured it was gonna go higher. Did you do a Buy It Now thing?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I'm theorizing its the windows live installation I have. I have yet to touch it in several months and much of my research points to that.
    Almost certainly. If it's that out of date, you want to go install the new one.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Garry's Incident looks interesting

IS IT?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular

That's what I just bid, but I figured it was gonna go higher. Did you do a Buy It Now thing?

I bought it as a Buy It Now for $25. I agree with @DiannaoChong though, only buy from sellers with good ratings.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Played through the first chapter of Shadow Warrior last night.

This thing is magical. :D

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited September 2013

No, I had just been watching a bunch of low priced (usually short run) auctions over a weeks time. Then sniped it with 2 seconds left.

I had time to prepare, then stalked my prey, then snatched it up before anyone could counter. It's the first Batman-esque thing I've down with Arkham Origins.
    That may be one of the dumbest things I've ever written

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    I figure once steam os get released ill see what all hardware it best supports and try and build something myself.

I'm hype for the last announcement in an hour.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I think its possible to get a code for 20-23$ on ebay right now for batman. I sold mine for 25ish, but the saturation is going up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just an headsup, Nvidia code don't count as pre-orders, so you don't get any of the bonuses.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I think its possible to get a code for 20-23$ on ebay right now for batman. I sold mine for 25ish, but the saturation is going up.

Saturation is good for consumers like me, right?

Also, why are you people selling your Batman keys? Don't you like free Batman?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Taramoor wrote: »
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Think about it. 3 announcements. 3 days between announcements. The 3rd announcement is clearly HL3 with co-op being developed for SteamOS.

Not co-op...

3-op!

Play as Gordon, Alyx, or Lamar the Headcrab. With a prosthetic beak in place and a thirst for vengeance, Lamar rounds out the triumvirate with a mix of stealth gameplay and latching onto dangerous enemies for both combat and aiding your human allies. Gordon retains use of the gravity gun, while Alyx finds a pair of mysterious boots and a portal gun. Build or tear down defenses with Gordon, skip over them as Alyx, or send combine soldiers on one way trips with active grenades as Lamar.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    columbine soldiers?

This discussion has been closed.