As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] The Harrowing draws near

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    ten teemos... you literally cannot walk past the middle of the map, ever.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    10 Shens, house rule that only 1 on each team is allowed to ult at a given time.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    R-Renekton-chan... :oops:

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    How is Vi in the top lane? It seems like she could work decently there building bruisery, does she not get played there because she has a lot of bad match ups?

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    welp, two very rough games. I need to get better in a lot of ways!

But man, the poor attitudes and bitching and insults.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Nabob wrote: »
    How is Vi in the top lane? It seems like she could work decently there building bruisery, does she not get played there because she has a lot of bad match ups?

More that she is just better in the jungle with her Gank potential I think.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Basically, her laning is really not very good, people thought she sucked on release because they only played her top. And you're giving up the benefit of the unstoppable dunk.

Coinage on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Basically, her laning is really not very good, people thought she sucked on release because they only played her top. And you're giving up the benefit of the unstoppable dunk.
    That's not true. The viability test (or Phreak test) for any new champion is: can they jungle with Triforce? If yes, pass.

Vi? Flying colors.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I think one of my favorite things in this game is when things just work so seamlessly. In my last game, for example, my jungle Lee and I go to gank their mid Viktor. I slip up the ramp and drop a rupture that lands. As he lands, I get the silence that ultimately just completely screws him over. Lee flashes behind him, ults him back into us, Gragas bodies him, I feast him. The way that the team worked was just purely fluid-until I completely stopped caring and was sitting there tanking the entire team and/or turrets for days and built a Nashor's Tooth.

At that point it was no longer a game of beautiful plays. It was me sitting in the middle of everything, eating every cooldown, and then eating some sissy bitch.

butts
  • Options
    smegh3adsmegh3ad Registered User new member
    is she as cool as she seems?

• Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    edited October 2013

Early laning is hard but if you pull it off she becomes a monster. I have used her with much success in normals, in ranked not so much since she is very easily counterpicked, although when I used her as a counterpick myself (against a Zed) I went Legendary in lane. Granted he may have been a very bad Zed.

Lifesteal Quintessences are a must.

Australopitenico on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    smegh3ad wrote: »

cooler

vi is one of those champs i would say who is just fantastically designed, where everything comes together to support a theme in a really cohesive and fun way. she's up there with characters like singed and diana where the character is exactly what they should be

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular

cooler

vi is one of those champs i would say who is just fantastically designed, where everything comes together to support a theme in a really cohesive and fun way. she's up there with characters like singed and diana where the character is exactly what they should be
    And then there's Quinn..

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Quinn is as much fun to play as Diana and Leona.

• Options
    Quinn is fun to play but her kit and playstyle isn't cohesive in a way those characters are. Quinn is like, say, Akali. She's fun to play and her abilities are useful but there's not really core thematic synergy to them. They're more toolboxy. And toolbox characters are okay to have! But they don't have that sweet, sweet thematics.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    ffffffff

Team if I tell you that my best role is x and my worst role is y and you make me do y, why are you bitching all game that I am not performing all that well?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Argh no don't make me complain about Singed inantp.
    Quinn is as much fun to play as Diana and Leona.
    Well you have to have the right perspective
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp1CVmW2DGo

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    ffffffff

Team if I tell you that my best role is x and my worst role is y and you make me do y, why are you bitching all game that I am not performing all that well?

I have had this work to my advantage before

Rager: "God you're so bad at jungle why did you jungle"
    Teammate: "Because you forced him to jungle he said it was his worst role"

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    ffffffff

uninstall game noob

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Singed is a dick. However that's more or less his theme so it works.

Still, singed is on the list for annoying champs.

Speaking of, I should probably start setting up the whole champion popularity thing like I did last year. Maybe this time with a way to prevent everyone getting one vote.

• Options
    Singed is a dick. However that's more or less his theme so it works.

Still, singed is on the list for annoying champs.

Speaking of, I should probably start setting up the whole champion popularity thing like I did last year. Maybe this time with a way to prevent everyone getting one vote.

the answer is jinx

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular

obligatory VI theme linkage:
    Vi's great. Start punching. If you aren't winning, punch harder. Ez or Cait being a little bitch? Ult and knuckle sandwich.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I punched Aatrox yesterday. Then he revived, then I punched him again until he decided to stay down.

It was pretty tense because I had everything on CD so I had to actually punch him for a long time while he life stole me. I won though, so it's k.

EDIT: Finishing him with a proc of Denting Blows. So satisfying man. Like TRUNCH.

Australopitenico on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Huh, apparently Riot's response to the whole "mages outperforming supports at support" thing is "Janna and Lulu can mid, what's the problem?"

Okay then.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Huh, apparently Riot's response to the whole "mages outperforming supports at support" thing is "Janna and Lulu can mid, what's the problem?"

Okay then.

I remember old school on-hit Lulu.

She was actually pretty good.

That build died alongside MBR, though. :/

With Love and Courage
  • Options

Okay then.

burnage!

don't do that thing where you take red posts as representative of the opinions of the balance team!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Blitzcrank jungle. Make it happen Riot.

Australopitenico on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular

Okay then.

Technically yes.

Technically veigar can support.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Okay then.

burnage!

don't do that thing where you take red posts as representative of the opinions of the balance team!

Wait, I thought if Phreak talked about design on the official forums then it was pretty much a stamp of "Yeah, this is our behind-the-scenes policy about whatever and I've been sent out to tell you all about it"?

If that's not the case then I have been misled somewhere

• Options
    phreak don't know shiiiiiiiiiit

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    From Silver IV to Silver II in a single promo

Hell
    Yeah
    Boyee

CARRY ME ALL THE WAY NAMI

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    phreak don't know shiiiiiiiiiit

Neither does morello, or anyone from riot who posts ever.

And the way they patch seems to indicate they have some say in what happens :P.

• Options
    silver1.png

This is not the end. This is not even the beginning of the end.

It may, however, be the end of the beginning.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I still want a Portlandia Quinn skin. Because her solution to every problem is to put a bird on it.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i dont think its possible for me to reach gold before S4 but im still happy i got to silver 2

climbed my way up from bronze 5 this season

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

you can do it already, he's just horribly blue dependent and his clear pre-6 sucks.

but epic ganks mang. epic ganks.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Yeah, I placed into Silver 2 back at the beginning of the season, then went on the most wretched losing streak and dropped down to S4 and stayed out of ranked for months. I'm now 1-0 in my promo to get back to S2 and feeling pretty good about getting back there.

Of course, I realize that by posting this, I've jinxed the hell out of myself.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular

I won a ranked game doing this the other day after a miscommunication on who was supporting (the supp didn't want to play blitz). Team was cool though, and the CC+Grabs were rad.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Yeah, I placed into Silver 2 back at the beginning of the season, then went on the most wretched losing streak and dropped down to S4 and stayed out of ranked for months. I'm now 1-0 in my promo to get back to S2 and feeling pretty good about getting back there.

Of course, I realize that by posting this, I've jinxed the hell out of myself.

You got dis.

Just gotta believe!

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
This discussion has been closed.