As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Phallington Horror: A [Mini-Phalla]: Phallington is Devoured!

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    It's not just you, Grimmy. Appear to be some forum hiccups occuring.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    It's not just you, Grimmy. Appear to be some forum hiccups occuring.

Yeah, definitely. Just wanted to let ZH know, I guess, in case it wasn't happening to him and he was feeling blue.

• Options
    I should probably vote while I can.... uhh, Bedlam

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Good morning, phalla.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Quietest phalla ever.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Shhhh.

They're sleeping.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Adorable!

Anyhow, I'm now being quiet because my computer seems to have had an aneurism or something. It's distractingly batty.

• Options
    A fifth of the playerbase being removed is pretty funny. The mafia having what looks like two kills, less so.

• Options
    Ok, murdering triggers the haunt vig. Mafia can choose to use that in exchange for the possibility the haunt will hit one of them.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Ok, murdering triggers the haunt vig. Mafia can choose to use that in exchange for the possibility the haunt will hit one of them.

So it seems. People should be very careful to move their haunt targets every day in case of a mafia haunt seer, obviously.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I heard someone was crying dicks, and came as soon as I could.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    I wish I had more time to look over that silliness day 1 but I don't so SirFabulous

• Options
    I heard someone was crying dicks, and came as soon as I could.

Oh I am so tempted to add this to my sig.

• Options
    Got a reason there bud?

Bud as in CesareB?

That shouldn't've been a question?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @Sir Fabulous But should that have.
    The last one I mean.
    Should it have been a question.
    This is not a mafia team post restriction.
    Is it, Fabulous.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Got a reason there bud?

Bud as in CesareB?

That shouldn't've been a question?

1) It is day 2 and we don't have any particular leads so I votes how I likes.
    2) Accidental last minute vote shenanigans or mafia last minute vote shenanigans? I certainly can't tell!
    3) Lists that don't contain at least 3 items don't really look like lists.

• Options
    I'll list you, Buddha73

• Options
    Sir Fabulous in a calculated and decisive maneuver that was previously orchestrated

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Legos my Egos

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Ah but if I were to try my hand at last minute shenanigans, would I then try (futilely) to change my vote only 1 minute later.

• Options
    Keep in mind that I had essentially a 1 in 3 chance of dying at that point, because nobody has any reasoning for their day 1 vote.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Ah but if I were to try my hand at last minute shenanigans, would I then try (futilely) to change my vote only 1 minute later.

Eh. I'm not super happy to say this because it's on me as much as it is on you, but I'm never sure how to treat putatively 'failed' shenanigans. Did it fail because they just couldn't type fast enough, or did it fail because they carefully calculated it to fail?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    A crazy happenstance between Mill and Auralynx or a huge push to save Sir Fab?

Only one way to find out!

• Options
    Um, so my computer has given up the ghost (hahahahahaha slightly panicked laughter) and I'm restricted to phone posting. I think I might have to withdraw. Sorry all.

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    @Baidol you seem to like voting against me in nearly every Phalla i have been in. Why is that? :/

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    I think the Sir Fab is probably a good one. From the POV of mafia, he had no reason not to at least try to get it tied. If both his votes fell on 9:59, no one would have thought anything of it. If his first one fell on 10:00, he could have said "Oh, it's a good thing that one didn't go through!"

I mean, it's circumstantial evidence at best, but unless someone has something better...

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Hm. I would like a rival to Sir Fab's wagon, and I've got to make a decision right now before I leave work because I might still be out for vote close, so of those currently with votes I'd prefer Bedlam.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    I think the Sir Fab is probably a good one. From the POV of mafia, he had no reason not to at least try to get it tied. If both his votes fell on 9:59, no one would have thought anything of it. If his first one fell on 10:00, he could have said "Oh, it's a good thing that one didn't go through!"

I mean, it's circumstantial evidence at best, but unless someone has something better...

Why would the mafia feel the need to pull such a risky move night one?
    They already have more kills than is normal for a game this size.

Additionally, remember that I was on the chopping block too, and it was by far in my best interest as a mafia to extend the lead of a villager rather than to tie it up. It would massively benefit the village to nab a mafia member on night one through a tied vote.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Sir Fab tying the vote the way he did is not only unnecessary but also a risk not needed.

I don't think his actions tell us anything about his alignment.

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular

Additionally, remember that I was on the chopping block too, and it was by far in my best interest as a mafia to extend the lead of a villager rather than to tie it up. It would massively benefit the village to nab a mafia member on night one through a tied vote.

We were in the final minute of the day, the risk of you getting lynched last second was pretty slim whether you tied it up or not.

I'm not saying that you are mafia, just that you're the only one I have any suspicion at all for. It's not much but it's more than 0.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Buddha73 wrote: »
    @Baidol you seem to like voting against me in nearly every Phalla i have been in. Why is that? :/

your brother who seems to thwart you at every turn did just get killed off ;-)

Egos on
  • Options
    I'm gonna go with Gizzy for the time being. Her vote reads as relatively safe, suspicion has been placed on me by someone that isn't her , her vote doesn't stand out in the least and if sirfab is innocent - she avoided the wagon.

So going with that for now.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Sounds like a plan

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Day 2:
    The peasants still don't realize that I am a gargoyle. Becky is such a slut. She is taking billy to the Halloween dance. But she told tommy she was going with him. What a whore.

Xoxoxoxo,
    TeeVee

• Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    I have no real faith in the Sir Fab vote. Seems too blatant to be intended/plotted. I think I need to mull things more. Hmm.

We Stand Ready
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Pure color=red]Bedlam!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    uuuugh

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Bedlam

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    If you're wondering why "suspicion has been placed on me by someone that isn't her" is important it's because she can go "well I did come up with the idea *insert cute face*!" if I turned up innocent.

2 is the usual number? It's more seemingly having a kill that can't really be coordinated that seems to be the village's problem and potentially the mafia's advantage. Though the mafia seemingly have a hitman. Notice the singular shadow killing Jpants vs the "villagers" who kill Grunt's.

spoilered for length
    After the hanging, JPants was heading back to his cabin on the outskirts of town, while the wind was really starting to pick up. He heard a noise behind him in some trees he passed, like someone stepped on a branch behind him. He whirled around and saw nothing, only darkness. JPants was clearly nervous due to all the recent events, and his mind must be playing tricks on him. Ten more steps, he heard another noise. This time his eyes saw a shadow that retreated past the treeline as he whirled around. Not able to discern what he just saw, he started to run back to his front door.

JPants had his key ready in hand as he made it to the front door. He unlocked the door, quickly hopped in his cabin, and slammed the door behind him. The lights were all off in his cabin. He made a few steps for the nearest lamp and suddenly saw a pair of glowing red eyes. JPants screamed as the eyes rushed towards him. Seconds later, JPants’s withered corpse fell on the floor. When the townsfolk found his body the next morning, it appeared he aged 100 years in a single night.

JPants, Villager - Soul Devoured by a Wraith

Grunt's Ghosts found his house locked when he returned after the meeting. His key no longer work. He tried the back door, and his key got jammed in the keyhole. Too occupied with trying to free his key from the keyhole, he did not notice the few villagers that crept up behind him. They stabbed Grunt's Ghosts in the back, causing him to fall to the ground. The mad villagers stabbed him a dozen more times in the chest. The dark of night prevented Grunt's Ghosts from seeing any of their faces.

The Dead:

Auralynx, Villager - Suspected of Witchcraft
    Mill, Villager - Suspected of Witchcraft
    Grunt's Ghosts, Villager - Murdered
    JPants, Villager - Soul Devoured by a Wraith

The Ghosts of Grunt’s Ghosts have risen to seek their revenge. This ghost may make as many ghosts posts as they want in the next 60 minutes, but they are only allowed to refer to their target player, by name or otherwise, and no other players. All of the other dead must wait until the next narration to make their ghost posts.

Also you could have just removed the vote off yourself if you wanted off the chopping block. I don't really disagree with your action because I thought Mill had the best chance of being mafia out of the candidates (a seemingly helpful post that wasn't and potentially misreading info- which could have occurred if he did not get the villager pm and it was just in the OP). Although it would have been sloppy.