Patch 2.16 on Feb. 19 set to include:
- Summoning Bell in Revenant’s Toll
- New Features for the Market Boards (Wish List feature, and adjustments on the filters)
- Ability to summon minions and mounts at random
- Dhorme Chimera and Hydra being added to the Duty Finder
- Gear sets will automatically substitute main arm when item is not available
- Cooldown timer for timeworn maps to be displayed or adjusted (not clarified)
- Crafting stats will affect quick synthesis success rate
- Gear dying preview feature
- Notification feature for Party Finder
- Mog Letter history
- New achievement rewards
- New feature to reselect focus targets (i.e. Primals after they disappear for certain attacks)
- Map marker feature
- More action icons for macros
- New command to have character look towards the Camera
- Characters will appear wet during rainy weather
- Potential targets will have a glowing outline when hovering the mouse over them
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
(A Game Remade)
For those who don't know, Final Fantasy XIV originally released in September 2010 and was.... well it was basically a train wreck.
Despite stunning visuals and an interesting story the game itself was lacking mechanically. The UI was broken and sluggish, the combat was unresponsive and stiff, the world was bland and sparse, and the quests outside of the story were forgettable and dull. They tried for awhile to stem the bleeding by putting out some content patches and trying to fix a lot of the issues, but the game was on it's death rattle and had barely even begun.
However, instead of just cutting their losses and leaving the game to hobble on and eventually die, Square-Enix decided to take a different approach...
They hired this guy.
Mr. Naoki Yoshida (Known as Yoshi-P) took over the project and it was decided that instead of trying to fix the current game. They would just make a new one.
And it's a damned good thing they did.
So now we have a game with Stunning visuals, combat that is fun and engaging, a world that is full of life and secrets to be found, quests that are plentiful in number and each with it's own interesting little story to be told. Oh and Chocobos that actually fight along side you, Magitech that you can eventually ride and battle with, and generally everything that we wanted in the first game.
PA crowd (or anyone who wants to plays with us) is on the Sargatanas (Legacy) server
Game is available for both PC and PS3!
Come on, who doesn't want some snazzy Chocobos with hats?