As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [GTAV] Thread is old and busted, go find the new one.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    The thought of returning to Los Santos in ultra-glorious supergraffix is really tempting, but then I think of playing through that story again and it just... nah, I'm gonna need more content before I come back to GTA V.

I hope they release some single-player content in the coming year.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Early reports- Should be able to get extremely good FPS @ 1080p on most gaming systems these days.

they are showing off 4k @ 60fps on an i7 with two 980s but hinted that its overkill.

nvidia reccomends a 760 for highest settings @ 1080

I have a GTX 760 :D

9a620a2de0.jpg

get hype! my 780ti is ready!

Album with PC graphics options... http://imgur.com/a/Grosq

Day one patch is 53 megs.

the Single play vs multiplay option window when you run the program- is NOT two seperate exes but a switch on one exe (Ala Mojolovesbuttz.exe -windowed -incognito).

The exe is in the preload- the gtalauncher file is it- you can just rename it should you wanna get weird. however the server that controls launch time wont let you run it. Also- files are most likely missing from that 53mb day 1 patch.

Early reports on mod-ability seem good- but the interaction between that and gta online could prove quite an issue.....

Also they found a list of launcher error codes and it looks like offline mode is a thing. Which is good.

My 980 is coming up short at 1440p with Dragon Age Inquisition and Crysis 3, but those are two extreme examples. Hoping it murders GTAV but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not quite enough.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    The thought of returning to Los Santos in ultra-glorious supergraffix is really tempting, but then I think of playing through that story again and it just... nah, I'm gonna need more content before I come back to GTA V.

I hope they release some single-player content in the coming year.

Single, Player? What are these words? Story? What?

Far as I'm concerned GTAV is purely a multiplayer game to me. I think I played maybe two hours of the campaign in the original release before I spent hundreds of hours in multi.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    GTAV SP is pretty rad. Crazy people!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Bought my key via Nuuvem.com.br and it's downloading now. So happy.

And fuck yeah i'm gonna beat the single player. Got 50% done on PS3, but the shitty graphics and looooooooooooooooooooooooong load times made me lazy.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    yeah i played like.... the minimum of single player.... it was all about the MP.

ill most likely finish sp on pc at some point.

Yall' bitches. Who wants in my reservoir dogs heist crew. You will be mr pink and you will like it.

@Bubby , What kind of processor? i5 2500k, 780ti 1080p maxed settings on da3 your words confuse me.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Skull2185 wrote: »

SP was a ton of fun, but I don't care to do it more than once. This is going to be for MP with buddies for me.

We've spoken about it before, but it's just the best time putting a 2k bounty on a pubbie, and then seeing who of your 8-16 people in WANG can kill the guy first. Leads to epic chases.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

SP was a ton of fun, but I don't care to do it more than once. This is going to be for MP with buddies for me.

We've spoken about it before, but it's just the best time putting a 2k bounty on a pubbie, and then seeing who of your 8-16 people in WANG can kill the guy first. Leads to epic chases.

this guy gets it.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Also if not mentioned - there is a your mp3 radio station confirmed. AND- it integrates your music with comercials and djs if you want-
    It may not be the Spotify integration we were hoping for, but Rockstar is letting players make their own radio station using music files on their computer. After putting copies of song selections into a specific folder, you can listen to them on the Self Radio station. An auto scan will identify new songs as you add them upon starting the game.
    Players have a few different options for listening to these custom soundtracks. You can play them sequentially, shuffle the collection, or have Rockstar integrate them into a radio experience complete with commercial breaks, station IDs, bumpers, and banter between DJs Cliff Lee and Andee, who you may remember from Lips 106 in Liberty City Stories. In the pause menu you can choose whether you want to have the songs play in the order you have them in the folder or to let the game analyze the collection and build a playlist order.

stuff on recording and director.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/gta-v-pc-s-video-editor-and-director-mode/2300-6424337/

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Also if not mentioned - there is a your mp3 radio station confirmed. AND- it integrates your music with comercials and djs if you want-
    It may not be the Spotify integration we were hoping for, but Rockstar is letting players make their own radio station using music files on their computer. After putting copies of song selections into a specific folder, you can listen to them on the Self Radio station. An auto scan will identify new songs as you add them upon starting the game.
    Players have a few different options for listening to these custom soundtracks. You can play them sequentially, shuffle the collection, or have Rockstar integrate them into a radio experience complete with commercial breaks, station IDs, bumpers, and banter between DJs Cliff Lee and Andee, who you may remember from Lips 106 in Liberty City Stories. In the pause menu you can choose whether you want to have the songs play in the order you have them in the folder or to let the game analyze the collection and build a playlist order.

stuff on recording and director.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/gta-v-pc-s-video-editor-and-director-mode/2300-6424337/

Amazing. Wonder if it integrates a playlist, or if I have to point out files. I would kind of want to get the in game stuff in there too, I like the music they play for variety. I was driving around in the PS4 edition the other day, and it was on the spanish channel, and an autotuned guy started singing Royals by lorde in spanish and it was super sureal.

fake edit: oh booo, other people riding with you can't hear your custom music though I bet. It actually sync'd the offical songs before (at least in the next gen versions)

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    It sounds just like GTAIV's custom station, which is all I wanted. It's nice to have it confirmed because I was starting to get worried it hadn't been mentioned yet.

Time to start putting MP3s in a folder.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    GTA 5 could have been the game that got me thinking about upgrading, my 280X should hold out for the next little while though.

If anyone needs any extra hype, I've got plenty to spare.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    yeah i played like.... the minimum of single player.... it was all about the MP.

ill most likely finish sp on pc at some point.

Yall' bitches. Who wants in my reservoir dogs heist crew. You will be mr pink and you will like it.

@Bubby , What kind of processor? i5 2500k, 780ti 1080p maxed settings on da3 your words confuse me.

i7 2600k, 16gb ram, 980. DAI runs like shit at 1440p, at 1080 it's fine.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    It sounds just like GTAIV's custom station, which is all I wanted. It's nice to have it confirmed because I was starting to get worried it hadn't been mentioned yet.

Yeah I'm trying to pick 30 songs for my folder because each station usually has 25-30 each. This is a bit of a project.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    if anyone needs a video card I have a 760 lying around that should handle the game okay in 1080p, I'd let it go for 20% less than whatever they're going for on ebay and id cover shipping

override367 on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

Yeah I'm trying to pick 30 songs for my folder because each station usually has 25-30 each. This is a bit of a project.

Yeah, I have something like 20,000 MP3s, so it can be a bit of a chore. But it has to be perfect.

I may actually make several folders of different "moods" that I can swap in and out.

• Options
    I had a set of music to which I played Test Drive Unlimited. Might go dig that out. Crystal Method (Vegas) and... BT (Movement in Still Life)? That shit worked for me while driving around Hawaii.

Played GTA:SA with a mix that was only 1996 or earlier. Was pretty cool.

Need to figure out a theme.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I had a set of music to which I played Test Drive Unlimited. Might go dig that out. Crystal Method (Vegas) and... BT (Movement in Still Life)? That shit worked for me while driving around Hawaii.

Played GTA:SA with a mix that was only 1996 or earlier. Was pretty cool.

Need to figure out a theme.

Personally, my theme is to make an updated RiseFM. Got a decent van Buuren megamix that should do the trick.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
  • Options
    You gentlemen haven't lived until you have gone on a rampage to the tune of:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Oh man. Strap in. What you need to run 4k

http://www.pcgamer.com/what-youll-need-to-run-gta-5-pc-in-4k/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

But what, my dearests, is most cool from that article?
    According to Rockstar, the recommended specifications are based on hardware that can run the game at 1080p, at 60 frames-per-second. For that, Rockstar suggest a Nvidia GTX 660 2GB or AMD HD7870 2GB.

If true- the max payne 3 team (that deveolped ported this as well) is literally the best pc 'port' team ever. Steller news for those NOT on the bleeding edge.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    1080p is good enough for me

I think my i5-4690K and 280X are up to the task for that.

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    I am very much looking forward to this... but I'm also playing Skyrim (first time) and Bloodborne at the moment. Hmm... I wonder what the chances are of me getting early retirement at 39 by Monday.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Oh man. Strap in. What you need to run 4k

http://www.pcgamer.com/what-youll-need-to-run-gta-5-pc-in-4k/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

But what, my dearests, is most cool from that article?
    According to Rockstar, the recommended specifications are based on hardware that can run the game at 1080p, at 60 frames-per-second. For that, Rockstar suggest a Nvidia GTX 660 2GB or AMD HD7870 2GB.

If true- the max payne 3 team (that deveolped ported this as well) is literally the best pc 'port' team ever. Steller news for those NOT on the bleeding edge.

Note, it doesn't say what graphical quality of that 60fps at 1080p, just that you can do it with that hardware... Interesting that a 760 can run it at 4k at 30fps though. I wonder if its just untextured blocks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    just be ready for PA schnanigans.

betting on races and prompty screwing each other by wrecking out the highest bet upon guy. hunting randoms for sport.

The mp will be the bombs

And lookit- the master race breathes new life into the game already

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/gta_5/news/gta_5_pc_updates_and_dlc_will_not_be_on_a_separate_timetable_to_other_platforms.html

Brand new dlc is inbound....
    we get an extra radio station(programming not actual mp3 music) too.

The hype is real!

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    Can't wait to WANG around some more. Maybe I'll actually get to do some heists...

So in the settings there are things like pedestrian density. How will that work online? Will some settings be locked for fairness?

• Options
    Kryhs wrote: »
    Can't wait to WANG around some more. Maybe I'll actually get to do some heists...

So in the settings there are things like pedestrian density. How will that work online? Will some settings be locked for fairness?

Its not really an esport? whats fair?

But thinking on it- it would make precious little sense if theres peds i see that you dont..... peds stop bullets right? that stuff must be locked in for MP

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    MP on PS3 was all sorts of wang based fun. The races especially were several calibers above pugging. Both in skill and shenanigans.

I'm actually really looking forward to the multiplayer shooting missions actually being fun. Playing these on PS3 either meant who-can-press-L1-fastest simulator 2014, or by turning off auto aim turned my ability to kill anything into fluffy bunny territory.

Anyone heard the word on having sessions be first person only or similar?

• Options
    edited April 2015

Your bubble that you maintain spawns fewer things than others. If you wander into another bubble, goodbye frames I suppose.
    Campy wrote: »

Anyone heard the word on having sessions be first person only or similar?

Ps4/xbo have this function already, I don't see why PC wouldn't have it.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    But thinking on it- it would make precious little sense if theres peds i see that you dont..... peds stop bullets right? that stuff must be locked in for MP

Yeah this is what I meant. If one person has the setting way up and the other way down... what happens?
    Your bubble that you maintain spawns fewer things than others. If you wander into another bubble, goodbye frames I suppose.

That seems like a bad way to do it? They've confirmed that's how it works? Why scale up and not down?

• Options
    edited April 2015

Yeah this is what I meant. If one person has the setting way up and the other way down... what happens?

That seems like a bad way to do it? They've confirmed that's how it works? Why scale up and not down?

We don't know exactly how the "zones" work, but basically your local client has a bubble of stuff it spawns, when it collides with someone elses, we don't know who or why "wins" and takes ownership, but theres a ceiling to what already exists in the area, its easier for one side to control, than to share. We know the server doesnt process this, its client side. This is getting way to broad and theoretical otherwise. So yeah I'm kind of talking out my ass. A lot of it is "logically you would need to do x" with a good amount of speculation thrown in.

At a basic design level, if a higher spec player wanders into a lower spec'd players "zone", you can keep whats spawned there as a lower density and everyones happy. But it's problematic when a low goes to a high specd's zone, you cant just despawn things, or ignore them due to desyncing issues. You could default new spawning to meet the requirements of the LCD specd player nearby for sure. Not sure its necessary for a server to set itself to the lowest spec'd player connected however.

It could be online is set to X, and its the responsibility of the player to maintain settings that work within that confinement. If the X is less than the minimum setting for singleplayer, it should never be an issue. Note, that wildlife is still not in GTAO, something that I hope changes for the PC version. (hunting could easily be a nice minigame for people like darts).

edit: I nerd out over this stuff, it's all really interesting to me. Eve has detailed information about how they handle all of this kind of thing in 3d space, and its pretty incredible. It's very detailed how it works, and you can end up doing things like abusing it to remain invisible to other players.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    if anyone needs a video card I have a 760 lying around that should handle the game okay in 1080p, I'd let it go for 20% less than whatever they're going for on ebay and id cover shipping

You should post this offer in the Build Thread, there might be someone who would take you up on that!

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Those recommended specs are a bit awesome.

Minus the 4K stuff I'm not too surprised. I'd have to figure that your average gaming rig (even one built a handful of years ago) probably still has better specs than the PS4 or Xbone.

Now those 4K specs on the other hand can only be the work of some sort of Devil Magic.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Recommended specs list 65GB HDD. That means AFTER install and decrypt, right?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Recommended specs list 65GB HDD. That means AFTER install and decrypt, right?

Yes, 65 is for the whole shebang. Any poor slob that orders the DVD's will have to install it through 7 discs!

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    Decrypt will most likely take some amount over that. I would try to have at least 65GB free after downloading the pre-load to avoid any last minute surprises.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Started to play again on the Xbox One, even made a non ugly character which was an amazing feat of next gen sorcery. $70 for the PC was a nonstarter, but I had a pile of credit on Live so grabbing it again for that was rather painless.

• Options
    E-gongaE-gonga Registered User regular
    Aww man. I've been trying to get some of my crew to let me try something; I want to see what happens if you stand on somebody's Hydra in hover mode and then attempt to jack the Hydra mid-air, but none of them were willing. In his latest video Vanoss had the exact same idea but Wildcat intentionally crashed into a building to stop it from happening.

When will my search for answers be at an end?!

This discussion has been closed.