As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [GTAV] Thread is old and busted, go find the new one.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    So I've been thinking of getting this on PC while the 25% off voucher is available over at GMG, but I'm kinda hesitant considering how badly the GTAIV port to PC was done and the multiple release delays.

Are there any actual hands-on info from the full game out there anywhere? Because I'd like to preorder this thing, but I'd also like to not get burned by a shitty port.
    GMG will almost certainly have 20-25% off GTAV around release, too. Enough of us here have it pre-ordered (/raises hand) that you'll get a good idea of how fucked or awesome it is pretty quickly.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I kinda jumped out of this thread until we got close to the PC release, and I also left the WANG group because someone here requested it be only with active people in it.

Will we be using that group for the GTA V PC group? In any case, I have requested to re-join.

• Options
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Just picked it up on Xbox One this week since I caught a deal. I know I'm way late to the console party but I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I put in a WANG application too, just in case anyone is still out there.
    Edit: Social Club name Shillelagh-Law.

Ken O on
    http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Just picked it up on Xbox One this week since I caught a deal. I know I'm way late to the console party but I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I put in a WANG application too, just in case anyone is still out there.

I still play on Xbone from time to time, mostly for Heists. Add me!

• Options

I still play on Xbone from time to time, mostly for Heists. Add me!

Just added you. My Xbox account is Shillelagh Law, heists look great but I'm a way off from there. I'm broke and like level 5.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I have booked the 14th through to the 16th off but it's actually due to health reasons. A very pleasant coincidence though! :D

Was going to say, you might be in for some rage if you wanted to be in gtao on first two days of launch.

Just because every single (BAR NONE) rock-star PC release has massive, just...... monumental, issues for the first few days doesn't mean it will happen this time.

I mean just because it happens every single time, that's not a guarantee it will happen again, right?

I wouldn't be surprised if the launch kills, or at least severely upsets, Steam for a day or two. The backend is a lot better than it used to be, but GTA is something else.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Preload will be available April 7th!

Halfazedninja on
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    I have booked the 14th through to the 16th off but it's actually due to health reasons. A very pleasant coincidence though! :D

Was going to say, you might be in for some rage if you wanted to be in gtao on first two days of launch.

Just because every single (BAR NONE) rock-star PC release has massive, just...... monumental, issues for the first few days doesn't mean it will happen this time.

I mean just because it happens every single time, that's not a guarantee it will happen again, right?

I wouldn't be surprised if the launch kills, or at least severely upsets, Steam for a day or two. The backend is a lot better than it used to be, but GTA is something else.

Rockstar isn't using Steam for anything but selling the game. We'll have to log into Rockstar Social Club to play it.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

Rockstar isn't using Steam for anything but selling the game. We'll have to log into Rockstar Social Club to play it.

I'm fully expecting online to be borked for at least three days

• Options
    Invited.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Invited.

Thank you!

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I hope GMG gives us our keys before the 7th!

override367 on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I hope GMG gives us our keys before the 7th!

GMG isn't giving Steam keys, but you'll most likely be able to preload with the Social Club service. GMG usually gets the keys a couple of days before release, in my experience.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I've been doing some more of my single-player replay, made this GIF. Fireworks! :
    https://i.imgur.com/XVsY57s.gif

• Options
    The wait is so unbearable. IT'S ALMOST TIME!

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Even though I usually hate posts like this, I'm okay with another week wait because I hope to finish Pillars of Eternity by then, because once GTAV hits, all bets are off. I already cleared room on my SSD and am waiting to pre-load.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I hope preload starts soon. My poor corroded copper is going to be working overtime on this already.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I hope preload starts soon. My poor corroded copper is going to be working overtime on this already.

Should be today!

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I just got my GTAV PC key from GMG.

As did I! Preload started!

EDIT - although.....I was planning on installing it on a new SSD that's still on its way to me. Grrr....decisions decisions >.<

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Preload on Steam is up. A little over 59GB for the download.

I said I'd be shocked if it was under 60. I'm shocked. It said total space was a little over 62GB.

• Options
    So this comes up when you double click GTA V

rw81342e4vfs.jpg

• Options
    So...anything happen when you click that there shiny "Play" button?

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    So this comes up when you double click GTA V

rw81342e4vfs.jpg

Yeah they announced a while ago that Online would be a separate executable. This is so that when GTA 6 release, they can just upgrade Online as a separate entity instead of keeping it tacked on.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    So...anything happen when you click that there shiny "Play" button?

It pushes the release date back one week.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Huh. I wonder if joining R*SC friends in Online from V will still be relatively seamless.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Thats.......... a good question. There is a gigantic load on consoles for the first load in even if you have the map for SP loaded it seems like. Maybe we wont have to suffer loading into singleplayer for 5 minutes each time online goes down or isnt up.

edit: I bet hitting play just goes into the rockstar launcher which wont let you play yet?

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Good news! We may be playing GTA V early! It's apparently launch at Midnight of the 14th UK time which is 6PM CST.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    That would be... interesting. I have Tuesday off so if I could play several hours Monday night, that'd be nice.

Currently have 25GB downloaded. Only 5.5 hours to go.

Edit: That screencap of the countdown is from the Rockstar downloader, so it's possible the unlock time for Steam would be different. Either way, I'll believe it when I see it.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    Something else I just thought about. I think with Steam preloads, it decrypts the download before it deletes the encrypted version, so you basically need double the required space. I think I remember that from NBA 2K15. Going to be tough to squeeze another 63GB out of my SSD.

• Options
    According to the countdown timer on the R*SC launcher, the game will go live in 5 days, 23 hours, and 14 minutes. So looks like it'll unlock on Monday evening.

• Options
    According to the countdown timer on the R*SC launcher, the game will go live in 5 days, 23 hours, and 14 minutes. So looks like it'll unlock on Monday evening.

I hope that holds true for Steam too. That might just be for people that bought it right from Rockstar...

• Options

What if its a countdown until the announcement that the game is delayed? :biggrin:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sounds like the port is good :)

Rockstar putting this in people's hands now is a good sign.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Early reports- Should be able to get extremely good FPS @ 1080p on most gaming systems these days.

they are showing off 4k @ 60fps on an i7 with two 980s but hinted that its overkill.

nvidia reccomends a 760 for highest settings @ 1080

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Early reports- Should be able to get extremely good FPS @ 1080p on most gaming systems these days.

they are showing off 4k @ 60fps on an i7 with two 980s but hinted that its overkill.

I have a GTX 760 :D

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

I have a GTX 760 :D

9a620a2de0.jpg

get hype! my 780ti is ready!

Album with PC graphics options... http://imgur.com/a/Grosq

Day one patch is 53 megs.

the Single play vs multiplay option window when you run the program- is NOT two seperate exes but a switch on one exe (Ala Mojolovesbuttz.exe -windowed -incognito).

The exe is in the preload- the gtalauncher file is it- you can just rename it should you wanna get weird. however the server that controls launch time wont let you run it. Also- files are most likely missing from that 53mb day 1 patch.

Early reports on mod-ability seem good- but the interaction between that and gta online could prove quite an issue.....

Also they found a list of launcher error codes and it looks like offline mode is a thing. Which is good.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Hmmm I am running 2 660ti's atm. Hope thats enough I didnt want to upgrade for another year.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    The 660Ti and the 760 are pretty much the same card, the main difference being a 192bit bus width vs a 256bit one in the 760.

I have a 660Ti so I think I should be good, if not I'll upgrade to a 970.

This discussion has been closed.