Options

Digital Devil [Phalla]: Rebirth - Final Cycle: Future

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    vertroue seems way too defensive for a villager.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Zhero for reasons that I'm not quite fond of

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Megafrost wrote: »
    Given that the trend for a long while now has been that posting less is the safest thing to do I don't really know why we're annoyed at SeGa or Zombie Hero for a lack of posts.

I pulled unplanned overtime today! Must be mafia.

Also schuss is probably cool; I am one of the people who hasn't followed up on networking with him, due to said overtime.

Quietness tends to benefit the mafia more, and these days the mafia seem to like laying low a lot.

Between a quiet person and a not-so-quiet person, I choose to kill the quiet one.

I agree and dislike the trend, but the whole "nobody says hardly anything until Day 3 and we hope Jdark / Invictus / CesareB / Infidel / JPants / etc. saves us with analysis," play-style is what I'm talking about, not arguing against killing quiet people. Murderizing The Anonymous because he was quiet and scary a few games ago worked out for me, for example.

To be honest, I rarely even read Day One thread activity. It's almost always useless nonsense.

Yeah, but there's a difference between admitting that Day 1 is mostly for speculation-fueled paranoia and deciding to treat every day like it was Day 1.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    My next phalla design, I'm going to try and think of a way for day 1 to matter.

• Options
    there is only day 1 O_O

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Given that the trend for a long while now has been that posting less is the safest thing to do I don't really know why we're annoyed at SeGa or Zombie Hero for a lack of posts.

I pulled unplanned overtime today! Must be mafia.

Also schuss is probably cool; I am one of the people who hasn't followed up on networking with him, due to said overtime.

Quietness tends to benefit the mafia more, and these days the mafia seem to like laying low a lot.

Between a quiet person and a not-so-quiet person, I choose to kill the quiet one.

I agree and dislike the trend, but the whole "nobody says hardly anything until Day 3 and we hope Jdark / Invictus / CesareB / Infidel / JPants / etc. saves us with analysis," play-style is what I'm talking about, not arguing against killing quiet people. Murderizing The Anonymous because he was quiet and scary a few games ago worked out for me, for example.

To be honest, I rarely even read Day One thread activity. It's almost always useless nonsense.

Yeah, but there's a difference between admitting that Day 1 is mostly for speculation-fueled paranoia and deciding to treat every day like it was Day 1.

I definitely agree with that. Treating Day 2+ like it's a romper room is shit.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    My next phalla design, I'm going to try and think of a way for day 1 to matter.

Since when doesn't Day 1 matter? Sometimes it's the most important day when you go back and do analysis.

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    TRV seems suspicious for reasons I can't quite place.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    there is only day 1 O_O

there is no day 1.

I'm going to design a phalla where you start on the last day and go backwards to day one. It could work.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Just force players to perform a public action on day one other than voting and bam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm gonna move my vote back over to TRV. Wouldn't mind seeing Mikey dead either.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    give everyone and a gun and have them say "Bang" whenever they kill someone and that person instantly dies

optional - roleplay "DUCK BEHIND THE CAR" , "I USE LASER BEAMS "

and they actually do that O_O

Egos on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Honestly, I think if more of us were using Obi's post powers, or something similar, from the last Phallance, Day 1 might matter quite a bit. Or have some sort of grab-bag to chase or voted-in special(s).

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    Voting for turkson. As spool noted he made a throwaway vote today, when by Day 4 we should be voting based on more than that. Also seems to be playing the whole "I'm totally not paying attention guys!" card, which may or may not be true, but which I am not really by buying.

Football.

Lonelyahava

Baidol

oh h*ck
  • Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    there is only day 1 O_O

there is no day 1.

I'm going to design a phalla where you start on the last day and go backwards to day one. It could work.

Trying to figure out how that would work is hurting my brain. Like, it begins with a small number of village players and a long list of dead, and the village is trying to vote more village back into the game?

Man, I don't know. Work it out and I'd play it, though.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    even though I'm sad to do this because archer, yeah I'm curious about TRV

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I can get behind TRV

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    !Vertroue if I had to choose (which I do). The whole berating people for voting for you thing is not cool. Hopefully it's smacking of mafia protesting too much, rather than special doing the same.

• Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    I guess Baidol seems quieter each day.

Maybe because his demonic buddies keep dying.

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    Day 1 matters more in games like this or in faction games than it does in a more vanilla game. I mean, ask Buddha or kime how important Day 1 was, given how Saber's actions worked out for them. Though that's all behind the scenes stuff and not in the thread. Day 1 votes are terrible because the village is uninformed, I'm not sure how you'd get around that.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Allocated my stats horribly.
    I'm probably pretty squishy

• Options
    I'm only not going to vote TRV because of the thing that happened with him and Saber's hit squad. If he were mafia, why wouldn't he stay infiltrated and warn mafia targets/sabotage by not shooting whoever?

• Options
    El Skid wrote: »
    !Vertroue if I had to choose (which I do). The whole berating people for voting for you thing is not cool. Hopefully it's smacking of mafia protesting too much, rather than special doing the same.

But berating people for voting for her is normal Vertroue behavior.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I am conflicted. Baidol used to be all about posting or dying.

but he's been super quiet this game (also other games recently?)

but I've also been highly suspicious of turkson.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Also instead of trying to murder me you can just ASK things.

Jesus Christ you'd think we worked for ODIN or something.

• Options
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    I'm only not going to vote TRV because of the thing that happened with him and Saber's hit squad. If he were mafia, why wouldn't he stay infiltrated and warn mafia targets/sabotage by not shooting whoever?

waitwhat?

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I'm going to switch over to !vertroue

There are some people who are pretty wishy-washy with their votes Zombie Hero being one, despite "not being around". Gizzy is also incredibly wishy-washy

• Options
    He was in the hit squad day 1 - didn't shoot anyone due to family obligations - then left the hit squad

• Options
    Saber revealed him in the thread

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    He was in the hit squad day 1 - didn't shoot anyone due to family obligations - then left the hit squad

Hmmm, a mafia would want to stay around the hit squad for as long as possible, even work to keep it going. That was my mistake in the iron chef game.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options

Hmmm, a mafia would want to stay around the hit squad for as long as possible, even work to keep it going. That was my mistake in the iron chef game.

Maybe there was more than one mafia in the squad.

• Options
    I'm going to switch over to !vertroue

There are some people who are pretty wishy-washy with their votes Zombie Hero being one, despite "not being around". Gizzy is also incredibly wishy-washy

TRV

• Options

Maybe there was more than one mafia in the squad.

That would also work, yeah.

Steam
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    there is only day 1 O_O

Groundhog phalla?

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    I dunno who to vote for - that's my problem

• Options
    edited October 2013
    3clipse wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    Keep in mind:

-Saber's hit isn't confirmed because he called it after the narration

-Saccing a member to a hit squad and using this to convince the village to follow Saber's direction for targets would be a very good strategy for the mafia.

A quick rebuttal:

- Both Premium and Mill have confirmed that I sent out the orders to the hit squad prior to narration. Unless all three of us are mafia, that's a strong indication that I did indeed stage the hit on Buddha.

- Saccing a member to a day 1 hit squad and making myself visible is a massive gamble that there is not a seer in the game. If there is, the mafia is now down at least two members without the village having to do very much.

You realize that if *you're* mafia this is in no way a stretch and in fact the limited number makes it way sketchier?

SaberOverEasy

I will believe you aren't evil when enough of your "hit squad" come forward that you can't possibly all be mafia.

INANTP and I had a conversation about this last night in the thread. They know who they are. There's ~10 of them. They can come forwards if they want.

Ironically enough, I'll give you on person who was on the e-mail and can confirm that last night around 8pm I asked 10 people to go kill buddha. Even though he didn't put in orders to do it, TRV saw me do it.

For reference.

Edit: Bolded most relevant part.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »

But berating people for voting for her is normal Vertroue behavior.

That makes it worse, not better :(

• Options
    I'll contact Stephen Tobolowski posthaste. No Groundhog Phalla without Larry!

• Options
    NED RYERSON! BING!

Steam
  • Options
    Was it Ned? Shows how long it's been since I was trapped in a time-loop with Bill Murray. Fortunately, if I start going to hipster parties that could change if he's inebriated and lonely.