[Glossolalia] Silver\Vignette (Everybody Join In)

19091939596101

Posts

  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Yo tomms, this paper may interest you: http://www.biolbull.org/content/200/2/177.full.pdf+html

    Pretty much yeah, the visor would let you analyze and identify stuff and more probably give you a lead on what someone is about to do as you process their movements much faster.

    straight up insightful

    thanks kro

    Cdcniho.jpg
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Atlas America aka Minigun Grizzly (Unsubtle +1) (Tough Bastard +1)

    Rolling his shoulders to work out the kinks, the large man speaks with a heavy Mediterranean accent. "I like this plan of Blade Jaguar. I will be part of distraction team, of course. As it should be, my frame and my charge," he thumbs back to his Uranus Ammunition Factory. "are not so easily disguised."

    He leans against the wall, from his seat on the floor, all the chairs made for smaller men.

    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Yo tomms, this paper may interest you: http://www.biolbull.org/content/200/2/177.full.pdf+html

    Pretty much yeah, the visor would let you analyze and identify stuff and more probably give you a lead on what someone is about to do as you process their movements much faster.

    straight up insightful

    thanks kro

    And if you'd like to continue on the mantis shrimp theme with upgrades, you might wanna check out cavitation bubbles: http://jeb.biologists.org/content/208/19/3655.full.pdf
    It's like punching twice. Once with a hand, and the second with the collapsing shockwave of super-heated water.

    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    Tommy2Hands
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    are people just posting in machinations or what is happening here

    i vant to make post,

    but anxiety

    [Sprunk Cohle] [Bes'][Doge]
    I: Amulet

    Stilts wrote: »
    Jennie smiles, then rummages through her saddle bag and picks out a piece of jerky. She whistles at the dog and waves the jerky in front of her.
    Slipping away from the overly curious paw of an immature humanoid and knocking aside the legs of several other, larger human-shapes- Sprunk barks once in acknowledgement of the familiar whistle, slowing into a trot as he nears the thinning edge of the crowd. Curiously sniffing at the ebony quadruped for a moment, the mutt sits obediently at the boots of his friend, raising a dirty paw and flashing a pair of dark puppyeyes directly at her.

    gimme
    pls?

    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
    Caulk Bite 6Bluedude152
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, Tomms you can totes post in Machination. Everybody's doin' it.

    Bertrand Hustle Booming Tiger (Telekinetic +2)

    "Seems like we're getting a consensus." He leans forward, resting his head on steepled fingers. "I'll be on distraction team too. We kick this thing off at night. Albatross, be my spotter and we'll snipe into the base. When they get wise and start searching for us, they'll find Mantis and Grizzly waiting in ambush in the brush. We switch to guerrilla warfare after that until the EM field comes down."

    He looks around, "Sound like a plan?"

    alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Trying to think of what to post in dust, while playing marvel heroes.

    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Jian Lévesque Brawling Mantis (CQC Expert +1) (Hexnocular Vision +1)

    Adjusting his mask to the light of the projector, Mantis seems to stare off into space while the others debate. Upon hearing his codename, a lithe neck snaps to face Tiger, multiple irises moving over his silhouette. Examining him.

    He shrugs, then nods, in a sort of noncommittal fashion.

    "I want to be outside of the field", a scratchy voice announces, "but not too far outside."

    He seems to think for a moment, looking back to Albatross before examining Grizzly alongside Tiger.

    "Could fight inside as well. Would be opposed to more nanomachines, would rather go in blind, but execution of the mission takes priority."

    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Chase Maverick Breaker Eagle (Recon +1)(Break +1)
    Chase starts as his chair tilts further backward, his hands splaying wildly to regain his balance. Must have dozed off, and he had the craziest dream. He runs a hand through his hair, takes off his aviators long enough to wipe them off on his sleeve, then slips them back on.

    "That sounds like a hell of mission, boss." He hadn't heard any of it. Something about Mayfield being dead? "I'm with Jaguar. EMPs can't stop the Eagle's flight."

    Still not feeling quite right, Chase absently pats himself down. His hands find the collar of his BDUs and, working purely on instinct, pop it to its maximum height.

    Much better.

    DE?AD on
    Caulk Bite 6Dux
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    [Jeremiah Candelbrough][Mechanic]
    i: Wrench


    As the crowd grew larger in preparation for the Sherif's announcement, it was all Jerry could do to keep from fidgeting. Harvest was always a busy time, as all manner of farmer would pull out their horse-drawn wagon or cutter just to find the damp had got in and they needed a new axle or blade. This Harvest was no different, and there were a few projects back at the shop that still needed a do-over.
    No way around this though. It didn't do to not show your face at the event and have some poor sod remember on the 'morrow what they should have checked today.

    And, as much as he hated to admit it, it was good to have an excuse to get out of the shop every once in a while.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Unknown Shardskin (Held: 0)
    Andros dashes out onto the coins, scrabbling madly+1, snatching up his sword. Barton, likewise+1, is able to gather his things out from under the beast.

    Trying to reach the thing's eye, Trent begins to climb the creature0, but its brass plating proves a too slippery for his fingers to catch hold of.

    Sylvan darts across the coins, waving his stick about and screaming like a crazy person.

    Bergandier (Held: 2)
    With some help from Davith, Maya lays it out for Haril -1, and a frown spreads across his face. The icy crest on his forehead creaks as tightens around his temples. "You must think very little of me if you believe I'd fall for that story. I'm offended, honestly." He turns away from the camera. "Security team to engineering. Apprehend our escaped guests."

  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Wind-In-Tunnels Joy
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥
    main {Code Camo; Code Shifting; Conversion; Glottech; Net Native; IntuUI}

    Wind, as always, watches absently.

  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    Maximilian Fink Dynamite Raven (Explosions! +1) (Non-newtonion +1)

    Raven plays with something cylindrical in his hand. The absent smile on his face makes it safe to assume that what he's doing might not be safe.
    "Ze guerilla warfare approach makes sense. I'd suggest that we place some Sprengfallen near Mantis and Grizzly. Bobby trap ze whole thing up. Increases ze effect of ze distraction.
    Once ze shield is down we build the support team, fighting us through to ze encampment, while cutting off reinforcements. Wie hört sich dass an?"

    NeoToma
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Dux wrote: »
    I'm a bit tired so here's what I've got.

    Bashe Octavia Sage-Salvador Quiet Viper (CQB Master +1) (Stealth +1)

    A former Green Beret, from when Green Berets were still a Thing, Bashe is well-known for not making any noise when she moves around and being able to beat the everliving fuck out of anything and anyone. She learned all she knows from her famous mentor, with whom she developed her devastating CQB technique, and who has since disappeared under mysterious circumstances. She's still not over this. She has an obsession with guns that borders on the fetishistic, as well as a fascination for small, cramped spaces. Popular culture confuses and annoys her.


    close quarters... Ballistics? so like, Gun Kata?

    Close Quarters Battle

    And sorta

    Basically: "In warfare it usually consists of small units or teams engaging the enemy with personal weapons at very short range, up to 30 meters, from proximity hand-to-hand combat to close quarter target negotiation with short range firearms"

  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    [Ascend]

    "Aaaaah, we come to the heart of the matter. The pay-out!" Cofresi's grin widens, looking like someone who has come to enjoy the smell of his own farts.

    "You'll be happy to know that this time, we won't be paying you in ever fluctuating, always dropping, soon-to-be-obsolete toilet paper. No, this time we're paying you in cold, hard data. 150 credits to each one of you who makes it back alive. I would hand a bar to ya to let you cop a feel but, well, that's not how credits work, do they? You'll just have to imagine it. As for more information, well, that's why Serb made such a mess of those guys you walked past."

    "First thing I guess I have to mention is, you all ain't shit, which is why we're hiring you for this mission. You ain't affiliated with Shade except for a single mission that left some of you dead and most of you severely injured. They won't be suspicious of you. You can move freely within the territories. So don't think we're hiring you out of some respect for your ability, although that is definitely a bonus. None of you are worth a damn. Don't get the illusion that you are."

    Cofresi looks at Aileron when he says that last part.

    "If you fuck up, we won't bail you out. You're on your own. Moving on, the corpses had many things to say. First off, the club is exclusive. You need a special ID marker to let you in. They're uploaded to the upper crust of Kittie's mooks as well as other people Kittie likes. The bouncer is a freakish sort, a Nagual. Piles of muscle, but very little brain. They've got a soft-spot for the Nagual cause. Sympathy might get you in. There might also be some alternative entryways spread about the floors it occupies. The corpses said something about a vent on the floor above it and a members-only entrance out back, but died too soon to say more. We also know that the bartender is a corrupt, weaselly sort and that the name of the manager's wife is Lyda."

    Cofresi moves forward in his seat. "Any more questions or are we done here?"

    Dux on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Aileron NuVision, Mastery
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥
    main {Sneaky, Spry, Sharpshooter, Salaryman, Biomod: Sonar}

    "Actually, I have one. Nagual bouncer? Does he have my face by any chance? I'd just sort of hate agreeing to infiltrate this place for you only to wind up decking the bouncer as soon as I got there."

    "Better to peel his face off after I've run a bullet through it."

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Bashe Octavia Sage-Salvador Quiet Viper (CQB Master +1) (Stealth +1)

    Bashe is whittling down the bottoms of her pistol grips with her knife, while listening to the briefing and smoking a cigar. She likes these briefings. They're more personal, somehow. War's become so impersonal as of late. This ain't really her America anymore.

    "I like Jaguar's plan. It's subtle and smart, though if I could expand upon it a bit. I say we change it slightly for maximum efficiency. The strike team focuses on deactivating the EMP Field, allowing the distraction team entrance. Then the distraction team focuses on crippling the base's defences while the strike team focuses on capturing Mayfield. That way we focus on all objectives, primary and secondary."

    Dux on
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    [Ascend]

    Cofresi cocks an eyebrow at Aileron's question.

    "Bloodthirsty, are we? I can tell you're going to make a lot of friends. No, they ain't got your face. It's a custom-built Huitzil, not a one-size-fits-all clone."

    Dux on
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    Gabriel Thurston Survival, Guilt, Justice
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥
    main {Streetspeak, Marksman, Perceptive}

    "I think we're done here.", says the old man while hitting his own augmented arm twice. There's the buzzing sound again and the mechanical hand stirs to live, fingers twitching. He raises it, slowly testing the movement of his joints before pressing the cigarette against his unfeeling palm, putting it out.
    "Who wants to drive?"

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Visigoth Glory, Challenge
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥
    main {EINHERJAR; PAPRIKA; GLADIUS; CURATOR; ICE;}

    Visigoth remains silent through the mission exposition, data drive faintly whirring when it deems that some detail or another warrants remembering.

    "A Surfeit Of Information," it remarks chirpily. "I Am Ready."

  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Cedric Haul Solar Dog (Engineer +1) (Electromagnetism+1)

    It takes Cedric a minute to finish scanning over a book, his eyes rolling over the sarcastic briefing they got this time. Captain Blake KNEW he wasn't much for nanomachines. The old man was seen as a Luddite to the squad, but he was still deep in the cybernetic hole. Thankfully this Dog already knew the general area their mission was going to take place and made the effort to do some basic independent research. The specific details he could suss out from the throwing back and fourth everyone was doing.

    "You know I specialize in these devices, bring me to the generator. If you think just smashing it will do the job then an EM pulse will likely disable everyone outside the field"

    He could probably exert an EM field of the opposite resonance to cancel out this deterrent, but who knows how many people would be covered by that. Impossible to know without measuring the field himself.

    VRXwDW7.png
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Watcher Albatross (panoptic visor +2)

    Albatross replies without bothering to turn toward Rámon.

    "Of course not," he says. "I have access to thermal infrared, radar, and lidar imaging."

    Rámon Gabrielle Kanagawa Titanium Flea (Crazy Legs +2)

    Fists ball. Knuckles crack. Sweat beads. Veins pertrude. Who the HELL is this FUCK, ignoring- The Titaninum Flea takes 2 steps before he starts weezeing. He clutches his chest and takes a hit from his inhaler. This calms him.

    Slightly.

    "Listen cabrónes, I didn't crawl myself out badlands by being a coward" he spits, "Flea wants on infiltration team."

    Caulk Bite 6Tommy2Hands
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Been listening to this for Ascend. Lots of 80's style synthpop too.

    Been doin' a lot of music association for gloss for a while now. 'Like to listen to stuff while I write up posts, so I get in the mood of my character better.

    Silver: http://music.sonluxmusic.com/album/lanterns
    Weird, but I like the layered sound and the lyrics. Favorite tracks: Alternate World, No Crimes.
    I'll very likely listen to different stuff as time goes on.

    Like with Dust! I listened to this originally reading it: http://music.ratsofnym.com/album/warm-blooded-lizard
    The attitude of a reboot took me into a bit of a relaxed folk mutant: http://oldmancanyon.bandcamp.com/album/phantoms-friends-ep
    It's a surreal kind of dreamy folk. Favorite tracks: Phantoms and Friends, In The Rain.

    I haven't really pinned down what I wanna listen to for Machination yet.
    For the briefing: http://dawnofmidi.bandcamp.com/album/dysnomia
    For the coming action I'm thinkn' on: http://blackmapmusic.bandcamp.com/album/driver
    This game's sound changes for me pretty rapidly since it's literally kicked off only a day or so ago.

    alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    Stilts
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Hey guys tpp is played out now

    What will be my new avatar

    Something for here?
    http://inkinesss.deviantart.com/art/Dark-Souls-437114309

    Maybe nito again
    icjq27rb54db.jpg

    This kick ass peguin
    4ojupuvfykkx.jpg

    Maybe robot
    1g7cre68kdmj.jpg

    Or should I just embrace dust and find those cowboy comics Penny Arcade did a year or so bacl

    Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    cB557Tommy2Hands
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    I'm listening to a lot of Kavinsky right now. Especially for Ascend.

    Tommy2Hands
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Zang, I might just watch Bladerunner again this weekend.

    @Blueduder I've been considering a dark souls-y AV/Sig mahself lately since I just started playing it. I may go Queelag. I like Queelag.

    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014

    E: Double post! These forums are falling apart.

    alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    Man I should probably get a new avatar. I didn't read Homestuck in years.

  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    Maybe the soundtrack of the never to be released Tarantino Western "The Hatefull Eight" for Dust?

  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Gonna update tonight

    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Lily Black [Pretty] [Strong] [Smith]
    I: Smithing hammer

    Lily wanders towards the edge of the crowd and upon spotting J'cob, gives him a look and a wave that she hopes conveys she still understands the extent of their bargain, should any smithing jobs come out of this event.

    She sidles over to Sprunck and whatsherface with the whip, crouching down to wordlessly give the ol' dog scratchings about his ears and neck.

    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Is literally every kavinsky song about driving or cars still

    Cdcniho.jpg
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Caulk has Lily been around long enough for sprunk to establish "friend" status with her? I realize I kinda shoved my way into wasshernames backstory by just sorta saying that they were friends but I realize that that was sorta inconsiderate and I'm gonna ask ooc first from now on

    Cdcniho.jpg
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    From Caulks first post lily has been around at least 5 years working under J'cob (Fly blacksmith from last version of dust)

    You are probably good

    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Caulk Bite 6
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Dr. Samuel D'esmirius [Charlatan], [Doctor?]
    i: Serpentine Staff


    Thumbs under his suspenders Dr. D'esmirius mosies over to the tanner and the doge.

    "Good evening ma'am." "Doge.". He says. "Y'all seen Kenesaw, anywhere?

    NeoToma on
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    The beginning mulling around before anything happens and characters are assuming various roles is the worst thing for me

    Zeze will just be heading to town until the inevitable ruckus happens

    Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    [Kenesaw Harrison] [Gambler]
    I: pair of ivory dice


    Kenesaw sits on a nearby porch, watching the proceedings and absentmindedly palming his dice. On a whim, he gives them a toss.

    Geth roll 2d6

    "Easy six...not quite sure what to make of that," he remarks to no one in particular. "Might as well get a better look, I suppose."

    He stands, runs a hand through his neatly trimmed hair, then walks into the crowd.

    2d6 6 [2d6=1, 5]

    Kilroy on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Which is perfectly fine!

    Not everybody has to know everybody.

    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    The beginning mulling around before anything happens and characters are assuming various roles is the worst thing for me

    Zeze will just be heading to town until the inevitable ruckus happens
    As anyone who has played my last games can tell you

    You won't have to wait long

    Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Still proud of that sucker punch to the level boss going so well, in Seige.

    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Fun Fact

    That nordic dark souls game I was tinkering with? The one I said nah to run this again?

    The entire thing would have been building up to fighting popcorn deer again


    And now im wondering if I want to describe what the popcorn deer was to new peeps, because its almost more fun leaving people to wonder what exactly that would entail

    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.