As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reasons for long-term Relationships?

124»

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    chasm953 wrote: »
    It's Cusack, for fuck's sake!

Yeah, I know. I was ashamed for them.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    hakeberhakeber Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    hakeber wrote: »
    For John Kusak? I'd hope guys would go gay for someone better looking than him. Like Brad Pitt. That's a man I could understand most men going gay for.

John Cusack, ahem, is a pretty handsome man. If I went gay for any man, perhaps it would be Brad Pitt, but don't be trashing Cusack. Also, his movies are awesome.
    Brad Pitt scores again!

Cusak is a pretty good actor. I won't deny that one.

hakeber on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Shinto wrote: »
    cusack2.jpg

They should have left Fishbone in the movie.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've always maintained that while I may not consider myself gay, I will totally have sex with other men to avoid the draft.

I mean really, what's the downside of that situation?

Cock. In you. As a straight man, I think that's kind of a downside.
    Well you know you won't know until you've tried it.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've always maintained that while I may not consider myself gay, I will totally have sex with other men to avoid the draft.

I mean really, what's the downside of that situation?

Cock. In you. As a straight man, I think that's kind of a downside.
    Well you know you won't know until you've tried it.

You first. Lemme know how it is.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think a lot of people just don't have faith in online relationships. It's all different to each person, but I'd never say something can't work just because of how it started (not saying you judge me, just adding that $0.02).

And if he has little annoying habits I can't stand, I'll tell him. We're very honest with one another. Besides ... his sister trained him not to leave the toilet seat up. =P

What about pheremones? I'm a big believer in a 'chemical' attraction between two people which can mean a relationship is more potent and will last longer than in couples where a similar connection is not present. I know online relationships that have worked (my mum and her husband) and many that haven't (my partner and her ex-husband), but as far as I'm concerned I'd never invest myself so heavily into a relationship that's really nothing more than a gamble.

Now I'm sure relationships can work without this 'chemical' element which admittedly we don't really know much about, but I personally believe there's more than just physical preference at work when it comes to those few people you find yourself irrepressibly attracted to.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    bsjezz wrote: »
    I think a lot of people just don't have faith in online relationships. It's all different to each person, but I'd never say something can't work just because of how it started (not saying you judge me, just adding that $0.02).

And if he has little annoying habits I can't stand, I'll tell him. We're very honest with one another. Besides ... his sister trained him not to leave the toilet seat up. =P

What about pheremones? I'm a big believer in a 'chemical' attraction between two people which can mean a relationship is more potent and will last longer than in couples where a similar connection is not present. I know online relationships that have worked (my mum and her husband) and many that haven't (my partner and her ex-husband), but as far as I'm concerned I'd never invest myself so heavily into a relationship that's really nothing more than a gamble.

Now I'm sure relationships can work without this 'chemical' element which admittedly we don't really know much about, but I personally believe there's more than just physical preference at work when it comes to those few people you find yourself irrepressibly attracted to.

So the reason I don't pursue anyone is because my sense of smell only half works?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So the reason I don't pursue anyone is because my sense of smell only half works?

Could be!

Research like the stuff in this BBC article has always interested me a lot. It's also been suggested that hormonal birth control can 'change' the way women recieve pheromone signals - meaning a woman using the pill might be attracted to someone, and then once they're off it, the attraction goes too. My partner maintains that this explains a lot about her previous relationships. I don't have a good link though, so for now it will stay in the realm of possible myth.

edit: another BBC link about the pill and pheromones

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    What if I'm not on the pill, because I don't have a uterus?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    What if I'm not on the pill, because I don't have a uterus?

Silly boy, you're a man, your feelings don't matter.

Attraction only matters to women duh!

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Guys sex with another dude is like, the raddest. You people always go straight for "dick up the ass" angle when it's so much more awesome than that.

And if ya'll are going gay for people, then at least do it for someone that also makes absurdly pretty music, like Sufjan Stevens. I get the feeling brad pitt is sort of an ass.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    PicoPico Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The only other man I felt "going gay for" was a server at Denny's over by my old house. He winked at me while I was ordering and I almost dumped my girlfriend sitting next to me.

Pico on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The ability for quotation, is the absence of original thought."
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm bored with one night stands. My life has been made up of those and i'm 19. It's kind of frustrating but at the same time rewarding/relaxing. I'm just up for a change but I doubt my misogyny would allow for it.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Guys sex with another dude is like, the raddest. You people always go straight for "dick up the ass" angle when it's so much more awesome than that.

And if ya'll are going gay for people, then at least do it for someone that also makes absurdly pretty music, like Sufjan Stevens. I get the feeling brad pitt is sort of an ass.
    Exactly. I mean come on people, blowjobs are pretty awesome.

EDIT: Also imagine being jerked off by someone who actually knows how feeling in the penis works, as opposed to a woman.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

EDIT: Also imagine being jerked off by someone who actually knows how feeling in the penis works, as opposed to a woman.

Despite popular opinion, men are not necessarily any better at giving head or handjobs than women.
    In my limited experience, anyway.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    bsjezz wrote: »
    Could be!

Research like the stuff in this BBC article has always interested me a lot. It's also been suggested that hormonal birth control can 'change' the way women recieve pheromone signals - meaning a woman using the pill might be attracted to someone, and then once they're off it, the attraction goes too. My partner maintains that this explains a lot about her previous relationships. I don't have a good link though, so for now it will stay in the realm of possible myth.

edit: another BBC link about the pill and pheromones
    Pheremones are generally regarded as having next to nothing to do with human sexual attraction. There may be interesting parallels, but we have an entirely different sexual cycle than most mammals. If we went into heat or something, then this would make more sense.

I think the major thing you lose online, speaking as a person in a long distance relationship, is body language. It's not impossible, but it is far more difficult to tell what someone is feeling when you're speaking to them through text rather than face-to-face.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    god, handjobs are so useless.

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    god, handjobs are so useless.

I, for one, would rather grope and make-out. The hand-job I can take care of myself later if that's as far as things are going to go anyway, the parts that require another person take priority at that point.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Feral wrote: »

Despite popular opinion, men are not necessarily any better at giving head or handjobs than women.
    In my limited experience, anyway.
    Feral, if you ever write a book, I want to edit it.

Thanatos on