As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

:: SECRET SAINTS :: Sign Ups Close Nov 26

mullymully Registered User regular
edited November 2013 in Social Entropy++
FAQ:

Secret Satans? Solid Saints? Secret Saints?! What the hell!?

Secret Satans: You have money! You get matched with another person who has money! Then, you exchange money-items! Hooray! Occurs annually! Go here to sign up for that!

Solid Saints: You have money! Or, you have a service or item! You auction off your service or item, people with money throw money at it, everything goes to charity! That happens every 2 years, and will happen again in February 2015!

SECRET SAINTS: This is where you are now! Let's talk about it:

Secret Saints is for folks to come together and gift to the less fortunate of the forums. Maybe you can't afford to give a gift to your kid, maybe you are super broke, maybe you are suffering depression and could really use a smile. This is the place for you.

RULES:

1) To take part in Secret Saints AS A SAINTEE (receiver of items) you MUST NOT be signed up for Secret Satans. If I find out that you are, I will kick you out.

2) To take part in Secret Saints AS A SAINT (sender of gifts) you have absolutely no rules other than be nice and don't send anything stupid or explosive or illegal. You can gift to one or all of the folks. Totes up to you. Even just a card is awesome!

TO SIGN UP:

As a SAINTEE:

Email: secretsaintspa@gmail.com
Subject: forum name: SAINTEE
Body: Name | Address | Needs

As a SAINT:

Email: secretsaintspa@gmail.com
Subject: forum name: SAINT
Body: Just tell me either WHO you want to gift to or HOW MANY you want to gift to. That's it!

DEADLINES:

There aren't really deadlines, but I close this up near the end of December. The sooner the Saintees sign up, the more likely they are to receive something.

SAINTEE LIST

M.D.
Lost Salient
DirtyDirtyVagrant
Moriveth
ILoveSlimes
Munkus Beaver
Calamity Jane
Delaney
Metalbourne
Passionatelovie
Dubh

mully on

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    mully for saintship

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Hooray!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Are there certain rules for who is allowed to be a saint? My partner has decided she wants to get involved in the gifting fun this year, but is pretty much an unknown outside of folks from Australia who have met her IRL.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I don't want anything for myself, just my kids. I might sign up if that's okay.

Because an important lesson to teach your kids is that the internet is full of generous strangers.

• Options
    I'm gonna preemptively sign up as a Saint even though there are no Saintees yet.

Sorry in advance mully ;)

• Options
    Are there certain rules for who is allowed to be a saint? My partner has decided she wants to get involved in the gifting fun this year, but is pretty much an unknown outside of folks from Australia who have met her IRL.

If she makes a forum account, I'll allow it!

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    She's got one, she just never uses it: @Amy

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I don't want anything for myself, just my kids. I might sign up if that's okay.

Because an important lesson to teach your kids is that the internet is full of generous strangers.

Yes! Remember kids: Only good and wonderful things can come from giving your address to strangers on the internet.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    ahaha. well. giving your address to trusted individuals who guard it and only give it to people they investigate beforehand.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    She's got one, she just never uses it: @Amy

I can't find the forum member list. And searching for Amy does squat, because she only posted in here like three times, and that was a couple of years ago.

• Options
    SagatSatanSagatSatan Segat Satan!Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    <3

SagatSatan on
  • Options
    AmyAmy Registered User regular
    Thanks Vivexienne and Numbers - I found the page :-)
    I sent you an email Mully. Let me know if you need any further details.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    What happens if you only get a bunch of Saints sign up and no Saintees?

Does Mully get all the presents???

• Options
    hahaha it has never happened before!

let me delve into ye olde emaile right now to see where we're at....

1.5 saintees (1 signed up, 1 thinking about signing up)

4 saints

c'mon saintees, we know you're out there

• Options
    There were like a dozen people in the Secret Satans thread who said they couldn't afford to do it this year

Don't those people like FREE STUFF???

• Options
    this thread hasn't been visible enough yet i think! still plenty of time

i figure after the 15th, we'll get way more

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna go ahead and sign up as a saintee. My kids are wonderful and deserve Christmas regardless of my own pride.

• Options
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Oh god, do I...aaaaaah...stupid pride...

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    There were like a dozen people in the Secret Satans thread who said they couldn't afford to do it this year

Don't those people like FREE STUFF???
    Anialos wrote: »
    Oh god, do I...aaaaaah...stupid pride...

I think people who could sign up as saintees probably don't because they're either embarrassed to ask people to get them things, or feel like they don't deserve it.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    @DaMoonRulz that is precisely it. Le sigh.

• Options
    Anialos wrote: »
    @DaMoonRulz that is precisely it. Le sigh.

You deserve to be happy, and letting us do this for you makes us happy. And by us I mean the royal us because I don't have the means to be both satanic and saintly.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I can't afford to do secret Satans this year because I don't want to give someone lame pressies when they could get something good from someone else, but I hardly think I deserve free things and I have no kids for people to buy things for.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    I'll sign up for this only if I can send Neville or Keith some sexy lingerie for them to model for me.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I'm putting this here because I'm not sure what else to do with it, and it doesn't need a whole thread.

So last year I desperately needed something from this, but I was disqualified from participation because I had already signed up for secret satans to send a handmade gift. @JoeUser and @zerzhul had me covered, and they sent me things for my baby (born in May) that I needed despite the fact that I couldn't participate.

This year we are stabilizing financially, and I would like to pay their kindness forward in the same way. IF you have signed up or would like to sign up for secret satans for the experience of participating in that and plan to send a HANDMADE gift which would disqualify you from signing up for this, but really need something for yourself or your family, I'd like to help out so you can have both. Alternatively, if you would send something handmade for satans but haven't signed up because you worry that the cost of shipping is prohibitive, and what you really want for the holidays is to be able to participate in the forum event, I will pay for your shipping.

This is completely unaffiliated with either event, it's just me trying to help someone out in the very specific way I received help last year. If you are interested, PM me with your situation and what you plan for satans and I'll see what I can do. I can probably afford to gift two or three people depending on the specifics.

In short, if you:

1) Have signed up (or will sign up) for secret satans and
    2) Will definitely be sending a HANDMADE gift but
    3) Need something from here for yourself or your family that would prevent you from participating in satans otherwise

-OR-

1) Want very badly to sign up for secret satans but haven't yet and
    2) Would definitely send a HANDMADE gift but
    3) You need to choose between shipping your gift or paying your rent

please contact me and I will see what I can do.

I don't actually want to clutter up the Secret Saints thread with this, so if you have any questions please just PM me. If you have not yet signed up for secret satans please PM me before you do in case your need outstrips my ability to gift to you, as you will probably have better luck with Secret Saints in that case. The goal is to help people participate in the gift exchange that wouldn't otherwise be able to, as long as it's within my means to do so.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Glad I didn't miss out on participating this year.

As I've said a number of times, the PA forums are an outstanding community, and we look after our own.

There is no shame in needing a little help around the holidays. Inclement weather, pressure from family, trouble finding work, whatever, it can be a shitty time of the year, and it's an honour to bring smiles to others in a time of need.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    @smof if you sign up for this I will make you a dinosaur.

BOOM.

• Options
    A little one. Not a full-sized one.

That would be CRAZY.

• Options
    @smof if you sign up for this I will make you a dinosaur.

BOOM.

A WITCH!!!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I didn't say I'd make her INTO a dinosaur

She's already one of those

• Options
    Well that is incredibly tempting. Oh my gosh.

Still don't feel I can justify it though.

Maybe if I was doing something for someone else. But then that defeats the whole point of this operation.

• Options
    Fair nuff

The fewer people who sign up the more I can make stuff for Secret Satans shaftees, I guess :P

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I didn't say I'd make her INTO a dinosaur

She's already one of those

Creating a dinosaur from nothingness is much more powerful sorcery.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    I'll totally wizard you guys up some dinosaurs if you promise not to burn me

• Options
    You know, Sheri, you could always request her address for no particular reason that has nothing to do with Saints

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'll totally wizard you guys up some dinosaurs if you promise not to burn me

I will burn you a nice steak.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    You know, Sheri, you could always request her address for no particular reason that has nothing to do with Saints

I'm not gonna force something on someone man

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I'm not gonna force something on someone man

Being forced into a handmade gift from you is like forcing Brer Rabbit into a briar patch

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options