As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar]Old Thread, go post in the new thread

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Gotta be honest, I'm not a fan of those armor sets at all (especially the Stalker ones, oof) save a couple, though thankfully I'm not planning to do any raiding so that's not a huge issue for me. Hopefully they'll have other gear visual options at endgame for non-raiders, otherwise I'll probably be sporting the Highwayman outfit on all of my characters.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Costume system.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Oh I know. Just saying, need some things to put in those slots in order for that system to work ;)

The Highwayman outfit's solid though, so that'll tide me over until some other gear options present themselves.

• Options
    LORE TALK

I really like how the Dominion is structured.

You SHOULD hate them. And hate them a lot. But they don't look down on who they consider their equals. The Draken and Chua love it there. They're free to practice their own personal beliefs anytime they see fit so long as they respect the vigilant church. Toric Antevian of the Radiant legion is a straight up Lawful Good paladin. Varonia Cazalon is a devout priestess with a strong sense of justice. Kezrek Warbringer is a sturdy, honorbound warrior. The outliers are Artemis Zin and Mondo Zax. Artemis has "Celebrity syndrome" And Mondo, while sociopathic, is completely loyal and devoted to the Dominion for saving him from a shitty life in an orphanage.

They did a REALLY good job with the NPCs for both factions.

• Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    moocow wrote: »
    No, using an account I just made this morning.

For some reason, this always happens to me when I try to log in with my account and password. If I use my e-mail and password, that works. So... try that if you haven't.

Yeah when they say user name they mean the email you created the account with

Yup, been using the email to login with. Just tried again, still no bueno. Even tried resetting the password again, still doesn't work. Wonder if it's something about my IP, think it's different than the one I signed up for the account with. I see no options to correct that though.

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I liked in that early Dominion story with the plague, how
    they were willing to give the first batch of the untested antidote to the pack of asshole Highborn nobles, since if they died from it there'd be no major loss.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    One of the things I think will really help Wildstar going forward is the NPCs. They are so animated and interesting that I actually remember them, unlike in stuff like FFXIV or Rift or something where I'm going "Ok and that person matters because...?"

Also, reminder for morning people. IF you want to play on a PvP server come launch, fill this out!

• Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    they were willing to give the first batch of the untested antidote to the pack of asshole Highborn nobles, since if they died from it there'd be no major loss.

My favorite in that level range started from what I thought at the time was a throwaway quest involving the capture of a Granok mercenary in Deradune. Turns out
    It was all a set up from Agent Lexx of the ICI to route out a trecherous Luminai noble and lure him planetside to eliminate him. He used the granok as two parts bait/patsy. Later freeing the granok after smashing the Luminai's head with the granok's warhammer and making a show of tracking him down after the fact by having you go after him. He ties up loose ends by killing the granok and making sure that you're in the plot so deep as to ensure your silence.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »

My favorite in that level range started from what I thought at the time was a throwaway quest involving the capture of a Granok mercenary in Deradune. Turns out
    It was all a set up from Agent Lexx of the ICI to route out a trecherous Luminai noble and lure him planetside to eliminate him. He used the granok as two parts bait/patsy. Later freeing the granok after smashing the Luminai's head with the granok's warhammer and making a show of tracking him down after the fact by having you go after him. He ties up loose ends by killing the granok and making sure that you're in the plot so deep as to ensure your silence.

Being a chua mind warrior, I grudgingly respect Lexx having even a rudimentary Tzeentch style of planning and execution

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Anyone rocking Esper?

• Options
    No one that I know of right now

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I feel hurt, beezel...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    *trollface*

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    My main character in beta actually been Esper, although I've been out of town all weekend and havn't been able to get on to see the changes.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I always like the 'evil empire' side in any game where that's an option because the devs usually make a point to make sympathetic characters that are just kinda along for the ride and not necessarily evil oppressors

• Options
    Ok, so, as you play Esper and look over the skills... Is there a more mobile build?

• Options
    KhezKhez Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Ok, so, as you play Esper and look over the skills... Is there a more mobile build?

From what I've read is that is the downside of the Esper. The upside is they are supposable the highest dpser.

Khez on
    76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • Options

There's a secondary builder you get called Psychic Frenzy, multitap and usable on the fly at level 11. The trade off is the skill puts you right outside cleave range like most of medics skills do.

• Options
    KhezKhez Registered User regular
    So i bit the bullet and preorder the deluxe. On a side note I've notice when I actually can dodge using the dash that sometimes I get hit anyways. Any one else have that issue?

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I just tried the beta this weekend after doing about zero research on the game. I'm surprised how much I like it!

I've tried both Esper and Medic, and they both look very fun and solid. Best of all, it looks like a lot of my old MMO buddies are interested. This might be the game that gets the band back together, and that's always cool.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Khez wrote: »

From what I've read is that is the downside of the Esper. The upside is they are supposable the highest dpser.

I did enjoy Elemental Shaman back in the day, though this strikes me as a much more mobility focused game. Too bad Mordesh and Chua can't be Espers IIRC.

From watching some character creation videos, no other race on the Exiles interests me and everything but the Cassians on Dominion look good. So good job design team, I don't have any interest in playing plain old human in your scifi game. :smiley:

Karoz on
  • Options
    @Karoz Chua can be espers

• Options
    All these classes are pretty fun, yo.

Been playing stalker, really enjoy the increased mobility.

Plus when people run from me I catch myself physically making the troll face.

• Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    Are swords really the only weapon Warriors get? No axes or maces at least? Even if it's only an aesthetic difference it would go a long way for varieties sake.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Are swords really the only weapon Warriors get? No axes or maces at least? Even if it's only an aesthetic difference it would go a long way for varieties sake.

There might be axe-like sword models, but I wouldn't hold out much hope. The idea is that all the classes have their own special weapon. Warriors get swords.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    All these classes are pretty fun, yo.

Been playing stalker, really enjoy the increased mobility.

Plus when people run from me I catch myself physically making the troll face.

My biggest issue now it's deciding on a main.

If the way they fixed medic play is a sign of what's to come, it's going to be very hard to pick.

Doing medic this weekend had been insanely fun, and looking over their skills and amps i am actually overwhelmed with ideas, and that never happens to me with regards to building chars.

The medic right now is proof they can make compelling playstyles with the las.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    On the PvP server I have created The Merch guild! Exile side. Contact SniperGuy or TheKoolEagle in game to get an invite!

edit: All guild members can invite for now, and we need suggestions for what to make the Emblem at launch!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular

There might be axe-like sword models, but I wouldn't hold out much hope. The idea is that all the classes have their own special weapon. Warriors get swords.

Hopefully that doesn't look bland at endgame. The costume system should go a long way for that though.

That said... this game reminds me a lot of He-Man. He-Man had an axe and a sword. Nobody was confused. Just sayin'

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stalker is quickly becoming "What I'm going to play".

I put in some play time and got to 11, did a few BG's and just wrecked some fools.

Mastering the cloak will separate the shit stalkers from the good ones.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    In a call back to an earlier post (that most people will play spellslinger or stalker), I kinda prematurely decided my main would be a male stalker to emulate the Operative in Serenity .

That aside, is anyone else already starting their altitus and attempting to figure out what classes figure which race best? In terms of aesthetics and concept.

• Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Played a little more as a Medic. Seems cool.

I'm not sure if I want to go back to a game that has the Trinity system. That's one of the things I like about GW2. The other thing I like is that you can go to zones that are lower level than you and you get downlevelled. You can easily help a buddy who isn't as high in levels as you.

Combat seems interesting. Just reminds me of how unfun low level stuff can be cause you dont have all your skills.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    IM rolling on exile when the game goes live, there is just something that feels right when Im playing there. got home to massive lag for the first time tonight. also my chat UI didn't want to load when i started also.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited March 2014
    warder808 wrote: »
    Played a little more as a Medic. Seems cool.

I'm not sure if I want to go back to a game that has the Trinity system. That's one of the things I like about GW2. The other thing I like is that you can go to zones that are lower level than you and you get downlevelled. You can easily help a buddy who isn't as high in levels as you.

Combat seems interesting. Just reminds me of how unfun low level stuff can be cause you dont have all your skills.

There a mentor system, so you can help your buddy.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    I'm going to main stalker for sure, but while I was thinking Spellslinger as the first alt, I think Engineer has surpassed it. Seems a lot more fun, at least at the low levels.

• Options
    I will never appreciate quests that are like 'hey, maybe this incredibly simple quick time event will keep our player from getting bored'

• Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    Messing around with a Stalker and Warrior on the Dominion side. Will say its pretty fun. Trying out and Medic on the Exiles now!

• Options
    PvP is baller. It's all I wanted it to be

• Options
    PvP is baller. It's all I wanted it to be

A good time to remind people to come join The Merch on the PvP server and signup here for PvP server launch shenanigans!

• Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    Still can't log in to the website. :( Can't even make a new account. IDGI!

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    When's this end tonight?

This discussion has been closed.