Options

[Heroes of the Storm] Artifacts removed. And there was much rejoicing!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    unfortunately since the artifacts patch tyrande's cloak/speedup heal modifiers share a tier with trueshot aura

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    OK, I'm definitely really liking Diablo.

A. lot.

Too much, even.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    unfortunately since the artifacts patch tyrande's cloak/speedup heal modifiers share a tier with trueshot aura

Oh shit, is that a thing?

Oh shit, that is a thing. Goddammit Blizz.

Trueshot Aura is so ridiculous, because not only is it a huge boon for your team, it also supposedly affects minions and mercenaries. There literally isn't a choice on that row, unless your team needs MULE. And even then, losing Trueshot Aura is gonna hurt.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    it 100% affects minions and mercs, you can even see the aura's icon pop up under them as you get closer

if there was less competition for tyrande's "you can hunter's mark structures" tier she'd be a terrific split-pusher in a really weird way

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I just played a game against a REALLY good teamfight Murky and holy SHIT was he scary. He put the fear of god in me. Literally 75% of my health would be gone from Poison+Envenom+Blood for Blood. And then of course Octo Grab. Oof. Granted, I was playing Illidan, it's not exactly like I could burst him down or anything.

Teamfight Murky is still ridiculously good this patch, though. They may have nerfed his sieging but goddamn he is a teamfighting monster.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I personally prefer master of slime except on enemy teams that hide behind two or more tanks, especially if I'm going to be chased by singular opponents without healers. The extra duration and impact damage on Slime with master typically outweighs Blood for Blood's damage much more regularly on anything except tanks, especially if I have slime on death which means I can really get a final smack on a team of enemies if they kill me in the middle of their group.

• Options
    3 seconds is a really long time for a stun even if it is channeled on the squishiest character in the world

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Sgt. Hammer remains ridiculous.

Didn't take long to get her to level four.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Had a lot of fun tonight @kime‌ and @dudeman‌

GG's

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Sgt. Hammer remains ridiculous.

Didn't take long to get her to level four.

I got... brightwing, I think it was, to lvl 4 in one game :P

Ggs all!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    So there's apparently a bug in the Haunted Mines where if you use a lot of knockbacks on the big Golem guy in the middle of the mines and get him to the edge of the wall, then kill him, some of the skulls will go into the terrain and never be retrievable. Thus no golems will ever be spawned for the rest of the map.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So apparently I've had this since march, but I only just found the email when I was sifting back through (completely no ironically to check and see if I'd received such an email, the irony is that I've done that before and never seen it)

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I personally prefer master of slime except on enemy teams that hide behind two or more tanks, especially if I'm going to be chased by singular opponents without healers. The extra duration and impact damage on Slime with master typically outweighs Blood for Blood's damage much more regularly on anything except tanks, especially if I have slime on death which means I can really get a final smack on a team of enemies if they kill me in the middle of their group.

i like b4b for the additional slow. although i can see the argument for master as well.

@MMMig‌ sory i missed the invite, fell asleep.

• Options
    I don't seem to do much healing as Brightwing. Thoughts? What builds do people use?

Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    I don't seem to do much healing as Brightwing. Thoughts? What builds do people use?
    Before getting into it, thing to remember is that in order to maximize healing done, you need to stay close to your team. Get right up on them. That was something I struggled with at first, I would go off and harass the enemy team during teamfights, but then I'd be out of range for the healing pulse to hit.

So here is my Brightwing build.

Tier 1 I always grab Arcane Precision. It does a lot of damage. Even if you have trouble landing it on the enemy team, it will hit minions and mercs for a shitload. Super worth it.
    Tier 4 is between Shield and Envenom. Envenom is Envenom, it's a great bit of extra damage and typically people won't expect it from a Support. Shield is also really good, one of the few controllable forms of healing you have access to.
    Tier 7 is Regenerative Rains, no contest. This ups your healing output in a big way. You can very quickly heal up an injured teammate just by using E on them and then casting an empty Q, just to proc the heal.
    Tier 10, generally Blink Heal is going to win out. This thing saves lives, and it gives you a means of escaping provided an ally is nearby. If you've got another Support on your team or your team is light on CC (or you just feel like yolo-ing), then Emerald Winds is also a good pick. It's got great offensive and defensive value. You can push the enemy team towards your team and enable ganks. You can push the enemy team off of you or teammates whilst escaping. You can push the enemy team into a wall. Lots of uses.
    Tier 13 I generally pick Phase Shield. Another form of extra healing is always nice. Sprint is a good pick if you find yourself getting caught a lot, or if you've taken Emerald Wind (Sprint behind their frontline, pop Emerald Wind).
    Tier 16 is where it gets interesting. Brightwing got access to Hardened Focus this patch, and if you're generally not being focused down, this will allow much more usage of your abilities. Critterize and Sticky Powder are also good picks. I tend to like Sticky Powder as it enables ganks and prevents fleeing.
    Tier 20 is pretty obvious, just upgrade your Ult. There might be some merit to picking Bolt, but generally I find the Ult upgrade to be better.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Brightwing's second tier is the perfect example of badly balanced talents. Oh boy, my passive ticks once a second for...seconds. Or I can grab Regenerative Rains and basically do the same thing on a much shorter cooldown.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    Dibby speaks wisdom and you should definitely start there but if you get more comfortable landing arcane shots then what I like to take is Sticky Flare at 13 for the slow which makes Critterize more of a no-brainer.

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Yeah I tend to go Sticky Flare + Critterize now too. It's useful for escaping too. Just shoot behind you and if they chase too closely they can't chase you anymore. Critterize is also more useful in teamfights against divers.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    I tend to take Shield over Envenom as that really helps with the on-demand healing.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So I grabbed Muradin with my first 2000 gold that you get pretty early on, I feel like it was a worthwhile purchase, he's really fun. I usually find Avatar to be a better heroic ability than haymaker, but if you're going for damage haymaker can really come in handy.

So far I've mostly been going one of two ways, tanky or damaging with talents. For tanky I tend to go with

Tier 1: Reverberation,
    Tier 2: Third Wind (though I sometimes grab Thunderburn because it's good for escapes)
    Tier 3: Piercing Bolt (the double stun always seems worth it, I get it with both)
    Tier 4: Avatar
    Tier 5: Spellshield or Healing Static
    Tier 6: Stoneform, though Imposing Presence is an option
    Tier 7: Unstoppable Force

Then for damage I go

Tier 1: Perfect Storm
    Tier 2: Skullcracker, sometimes Thunderburn
    Tier 3: Piercing Bolt
    Tier 4: Haymaker, but Avatar if I really need survivability
    Tier 5: Thunderstrike
    Tier 6: Heavy Impact or Executioner
    Tier 7: Grand Slam or Unstoppable Force

Of course, I've only played for a day, I've been thinking of doing a hybrid, any suggestions for Muradin in general?

I'm aiming potentially for Tassadar, Arthas, Diablo, or Falstad next.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Brightwing's second tier is the perfect example of badly balanced talents. Oh boy, my passive ticks once a second for...seconds. Or I can grab Regenerative Rains and basically do the same thing on a much shorter cooldown.

Not only that, but doesn't it disable the passive after the 3-4 ticks for the entire cooldown?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Brightwing tends to be more about disruption than healing. You mitigate damage by turning that spun up Tychus, Odin, siege mode Hammer, Dragon Knight, etc. into a crab mostly.

If your team mates don't understand that they need to be close to you to be healed, you won't get much healing done. The talent that fires off a heal pulse when you use an ability helps a lot as does Blink Heal, but ideally you're keeping up a few ranged characters that are close together at a time while still being close enough to the melee. Some characters are just going to be tougher to heal than others too. Diablo and Kerrigan tend to charge off suddenly away from you and are tougher to heal. Stitches likes to stay close to the group and is easier to heal.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    So I finally saw a murky top the damage charts (for all that matters). His build was interesting, if I recall correctly it was:

block
    gathering power
    slimy end
    march
    wrath of cod
    master of slime
    (don't remember)

I am confused by block and wrath mostly. Has anyone used block effectively on murky? I feel as though the damage reduction is a waste, but then again maybe people fire off 2 shots then auto transition to a new target and you survive?

similarly I can't understand wrath since pufferfish never connects.

• Options
    So we got totally wrecked yesterday.

I think overall, in all the games I played, we went something like 2-10?

My team was mostly lv 35-40 guys too.
    ouch

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    So I finally saw a murky top the damage charts (for all that matters). His build was interesting, if I recall correctly it was:

block
    gathering power
    slimy end
    march
    wrath of cod
    master of slime
    (don't remember)

I am confused by block and wrath mostly. Has anyone used block effectively on murky? I feel as though the damage reduction is a waste, but then again maybe people fire off 2 shots then auto transition to a new target and you survive?

Doesn't block stop 2 autos? If so, that's a pretty huge survivability boost to a guy that can only survive 4 or 5 autos.

• Options
    The only time I have to really be worried about being auto'd to death is when I'm trying to catch Hammer because of her fucking stupid range. The vast majority of my deaths as Murky are due to being special bursted. I would much rather have the catching power of the extra radius of Slime to really screw over runners with the slow, as well as being able to Slime an entire pack of creeps at once.

(I've stopped entire enemy teams from chasing down a lone teammate more than once thanks to a nice teamslime.)

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    also re: brightwing never upgrade ult, storm shield is right there. so much more powerful than an extra charge on neutered blink heal. storm shield was already better before the nerf, but it's the best on that tier by a mile now.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

block
    gathering power
    slimy end
    march
    wrath of cod
    master of slime
    (don't remember)

If the enemy team is slowed, stunned, or otherwise can't move, pufferfish could hit them all. They're less likely to divert attention to it during a team fight and if they don't expect the wrath boost they might not prioritize it.

But it might really be more for laning and dealing with mercs with hitting heroes just a bonus.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Block will stop 50% of an auto attack twice (charges). Percentage wise that is likely a huge survivability boost but I am not sure if it is worth it. As @Donnicton‌ mentioned murky deaths are usually if someone wants to target you down via powers.

edit: I think you are right @Steel Angel‌ the tiner is too long for really anything but really coordinated teams or using octograb (which still is a crapshoot sometimes).

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I guess the idea is that since Murky can only take half a dozen hits, so block increases his survivability by a much higher percentage than other heroes?

EDIT DERP DURR already answered five times

I just bought Murky yesterday. Call of Murlocs ult can be DEVASTATING in teamfights if timed and positioned correctly, but I find octograb to be consistently more helpful. Use it mid game to prevent anyone from running.

And now that I play Murky, I know exactly where everyone places their eggs on each map.

MrBody on
  • Options
    Gathering Power is a pretty interesting pick for Murky. Because of his egg mechanics, I don't think he loses stacks when he dies? I'm not actually sure, I don't have Murky nor have I played him yet. But I think that should be the case, he should only lose stacks if he dies while his egg is dead.

It's a pretty gigantic boost to Slime and March of the Murlocs damage, though. Pufferfish too I GUESS but Pufferfish damage is largely irrelevant.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Gathering Power only resets when Murky Actually Dies

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    People still seem to think Murky's useless. But I've topped damage and sometimes kills charts with him. I tend to play squishy characters so I know just how much all that poison hurts.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Hey dudes, add me on battle.net if you ever want to do a game. I tend to bounce between games, but LoL just can't hold my attention any more. Dota 2 is fun with friends, but I'd like to dive more into this as well.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Did you add yourself to the list in the OP? I periodically go through that to add new people, and I know that's what most of us use as a reference, so make sure you do that to play with us :D

Steam profile
  • Options
    Hey dudes, add me on battle.net if you ever want to do a game. I tend to bounce between games, but LoL just can't hold my attention any more. Dota 2 is fun with friends, but I'd like to dive more into this as well.

@Spawnbroker

Check out the OP google doc.
    We're all there!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VPz6ZKRDFS91WP_f5fzWmnnlhN0B7kRYGtJRSbqNzFw/edit#gid=0

though, I never go to the wang channel
    Always forget about that...

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I had a game last night with a Murky that was still throwing puffer fish at towers. It was amusing. Luckily, he was on the enemy team and not my team.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    You sure are slow, MMMig

:P
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I had a game last night with a Murky that was still throwing puffer fish at towers. It was amusing. Luckily, he was on the enemy team and not my team.

I mean, that's not a bad thing to do if you've got some spare time or an opportunity to destroy stuff, I think? Just realize that Murky has a lot of other better things to be doing a lot of the time.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Did you add yourself to the list in the OP? I periodically go through that to add new people, and I know that's what most of us use as a reference, so make sure you do that to play with us :D

Sweet, added myself. Also didn't know there was a chat channel. Shows what I get for not reading OPs.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Murky can still be quite good at sieges if he gets the time to do it. Slime allows him to wipe enemy creeps pretty damn quickly, which means your creeps attrition structures down really fast. And after you get Slime Advantage it's open season on structures. Tossing a fish along with it is decently extra damage.

But if all he was doing is tossing a fish and running, yeah he's a bad.

This discussion has been closed.