Emergency Broadcast [chat]

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Miss Sweden will behead all haters.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Oh my with ChromeOS the calls about viruses may stop or at least slow down.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Hey when someone does a notification its only polite to keep the @ in your quotations

make deebs feel really loved for a few seconds

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    a lot of meetup groups in portland seem to be for women : (
    skippydumptruck

u no go meet those se ppl? y no?

I kinda floated the idea and they didn't seem super enthusiastic

also I tried posting in se for a couple of days but it is so tiring to keep up with multiple threads

the strat is just pick a few you like and bookmark them

poo
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    20% down payment so large

how will I ever save that much money

Seriously, that would be tens of thousands. I thought it was much much lower for first time home buyers.

It's less if you can qualify for an FHA, then it's only 5 or I think in some cases 3.5%

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    they seem cool i mean at least the 2 that i had dinner with when i was in portland!

poo
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    huh

that's weird

youtube inserts a little play-arrow into the tab title when the video is active

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    are you proposing to pillow-chan?!

you thing a jeweller can resize it to 2.5 feet? i dont know how she can wear it otherwise

Whoa. Are you going to make an honest woman outta Frankie?

might do

we're going to have been together for 10 years come dec

Bro.

*dap*

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

Seriously, that would be tens of thousands. I thought it was much much lower for first time home buyers.

It's less if you can qualify for an FHA, then it's only 5 or I think in some cases 3.5%

Damn I hope so. I've been saving for 2 years and have nowhere near 20%.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    a less showy version of that

IMG_4845.JPG

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Men, let's read, meet and discuss some books over some food and/or coffee! We'll take turns in selecting a new read for each meetup and meet on a monthly basis.

Join us!

Upcoming Meetups
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:30 PM
    Read, "Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960-2010"

:l

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Tres Carnes makes a mean burrito

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Men, let's read, meet and discuss some books over some food and/or coffee! We'll take turns in selecting a new read for each meetup and meet on a monthly basis.

Join us!

Upcoming Meetups

they're not racists they're just racial realists i bet

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    median sales price in pdx, $309

60,000 downpayment T_T

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Join us!

Upcoming Meetups

Go and choose 12 Years A Slave as your book.

• Options
    pandora does not insert the arrow, but last.fm does. Clearly, last.fm is the better service

• Options
    Francis Grose's A Classical Dictionary of The Vulgar Tongue (1785) lists the word as "C**t. The chonnos of the Greek, and the cunnus of the Latin dictionaries; a nasty name for a nasty thing: un con Miege."[13]

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Cinders wrote: »
    This looks neat.

Q6muK5L.jpg

Bhutan?

My picture is just a model, but I think it's supposed to be the Xuankong Temple in China.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

For an FHA loan, the down payment is 3.5%, but you also have to pay closing costs at the time of purchase, so it is effectively 5%.

Also keep in mind that your monthly payments will be much higher. not just because of the lower down payment, but because you must also pay additional per month for mortgage insurance on FHA loans. You can't recoup mortgage insurance and it doesn't add to your equity.

the higher your down payment, the lower your mortgage insurance payments. So it's a good idea to exceed that 5% minimum by as much as you possibly can.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    So I think I'm going to get an Xbox One (wife wants to wait until Xmas but I don't want anyone getting me that expensive of a gift) over the PS4 for the following reasons:

PS4's better graphics won't really be harnessed for a few years
    I can keep the controller/XBL I'm used to
    Seems to have better media options, and I'm more familiar with twitch
    Kinect is apparently now compatible with not huge rooms

Tell me why I'm wrong

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    It's Portland. Are we even sure they've actually ever seen a real black person?

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    This looks neat.

Q6muK5L.jpg

Bhutan?

My picture is just a model, but I think it's supposed to be the Xuankong Temple in China.

Ah, I was mistaking it for the Taktshang Goemba.

PhDrx8t.jpg

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    So I think I'm going to get an Xbox One (wife wants to wait until Xmas but I don't want anyone getting me that expensive of a gift) over the PS4 for the following reasons:

Tell me why I'm wrong

By the time there are games they will be cheaper.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Unless Miss USA is the hater, because you can't beat superior robotics with a sword, Europeans!

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »

My wife and I bought a house this summer with a 5% down payment. So it's definitely possible, although sellers are much more likely to accept an offer with a 20% payment than anything lower, so it can be tough if you're competing with other potential buyers.

I think this is accurate, I'm pretty sure some FHA programs let you do as low as a 3% down payment, but not sure if those are phased out or not...

Also, sellers are less concerned about the down payment amount, that's between you and the bank so they get the same either way.

Offer more $$$ in earnest money. You can always say the house failed your inspection / wasn't up to your standards and keep earnest money if you want to back out. But...offering ten large in earnest money will get you a lot of attention over any competing buyers, and the money will go towards your down payment anyway. Just make sure you are serious.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    huh, I just realized something.

The french film, "Le Diner de Cons" was translated and called "Dinner for Schmucks" in english, right?

Con is the french C-word. Schmuck means the D.

:O

• Options

Tell me why I'm wrong

the first two also work as strikes against buying the XBO in the near future

are twitch, media, and kinect selling points for you?

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

Unless Miss USA is the hater, because you can't beat superior robotics with a sword, Europeans!

Well, not without a katana.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Miss USA's costume has only been growing on me since I first saw it (where my initial reaction was; is this awful or awesome, i can't tell).

I think it's kind of the best thing now.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i dont like the kinect

i dont need or want my xbone listening to me all of the time or watching which ads i'm looking at

i get that some people like it but it's not for me

it's probably the biggest reason i'm considering changing camps this generation

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Miss USA's costume has only been growing on me since I first saw it (where my initial reaction was; is this awful or awesome, i can't tell).

I think it's kind of the best thing now.

USA
    USA

• Options
    ZQ2gSVilzZXcRe7KmVzSbQuRjdZQ1U6iL__ajb3WAguQ

Storm's comin'.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I thought PS4 also supported Twitch?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Tell me why I'm wrong

Playstation Plus in the current generation is pretty generous. I imagine that trend will continue.

The Netflix interface has now been standardized across all devices so if that's a part of your media experience there will be no difference.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Voltron disagrees!

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    do it

change camps

I am going to also probably change camps

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

For an FHA loan, the down payment is 3.5%, but you also have to pay closing costs at the time of purchase, so it is effectively 5%.

Also keep in mind that your monthly payments will be much higher. not just because of the lower down payment, but because you must also pay additional per month for mortgage insurance on FHA loans. You can't recoup mortgage insurance and it doesn't add to your equity.

the higher your down payment, the lower your mortgage insurance payments. So it's a good idea to exceed that 5% minimum by as much as you possibly can.

We were planning to try and save up at least 5% if not more when we buy a house. Right now we were looking at modulars in a nice little village down the road from where our son's new high school is going to be. The pricing on them is reasonable and it's just far enough out of the city that we don't have to worry about noise but close enough that it's not a huge commute for work, etc.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Self hating robots are not cool

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    why are you all buying a next gen console

there are no games

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    ZQ2gSVilzZXcRe7KmVzSbQuRjdZQ1U6iL__ajb3WAguQ

Storm's comin'.

Someone needs to tell that dude to move his truck.

Ever seen what salt water does to a vehicle?

This discussion has been closed.