As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heartlander II: The Quickening

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    FAQ wrote: »
    liiiiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

goes very well with your av

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Was that too mean? I'm sorry!

For FAQ? No.

If anything it was nicer than he deserves.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    You could probably blend in with the groom's side, FAQ, 'cept he's from Northern Ireland though.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    remind me not to get on liiyas bad side

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    i hope that made you feel like a big man fyndir,

hurting poor ol faq like that

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    i can do a good belfast accent

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    i hope that made you feel like a big man fyndir,

hurting poor ol faq like that

isn't fyndir already a giant?

• Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular

Now there is a sure fire way to weaken some knees.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Now there is a sure fire way to weaken some knees.

from the exploding cars?

• Options
    Hmmm.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    when I lived in germany, my local was co-owned by a russian and a man from Belfast. The russian was suave and friendly and probably why the place was dotted with russian prostitutes most afternoons. We only ever saw the other guy if there was an Ireland soccer match on, when he would pop out to grimly mock my (southern) Irish mate.

• Options
    When I did a trip away with Habitat for Humanity, we worked with a team from Nothern Ireland. One of their leaders was my age, with the most beautiful Belfast accent. Whenever we were passing bricks or pans of cement, I really had to concentrate on what I was doing because his voice distracted me so much.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I've kind of very suddenly lost interest in that guy, and I'm not really sure why. But he keeps sending me comments and stuff on facebook and it's irritating me.

Woops guess I'm kind of a horrible person.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    When I did a trip away with Habitat for Humanity, we worked with a team from Nothern Ireland. One of their leaders was my age, with the most beautiful Belfast accent. Whenever we were passing bricks or pans of cement, I really had to concentrate on what I was doing because his voice distracted me so much.

Where I work, we get yearly Fraud training, and for a few years, before they switched the training to online, we had a woman from the Fraud dept, who had a wonderful Irish accent, come to give our department the training in a big meeting. Its the only time we've ever had those meetings where I was enthralled by what the speaker was saying. Well, maybe just by the way she was saying it. I don't really much of what she was saying, but I enjoyed every minute of listening to her.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    I've kind of very suddenly lost interest in that guy, and I'm not really sure why. But he keeps sending me comments and stuff on facebook and it's irritating me.

Woops guess I'm kind of a horrible person.

Oh heck no, you're not horrible smof!

There's no law that says we have to reciprocate attention, and if you don't like the guy, you don't like the guy

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I think it's partly that going home for New years and seeing all my old friends has made me feel quite homesick. So now I'm just so not interested in anyone to do with Bristol. I miss my friends.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Smof, that is okay.

I've been there, suddenly losing interest. In my situation I was never 100% into the guy to start with, but because of his persistence I sort of went along with going out with him, and then unsurprisingly I lost interest because there wasn't enough to start with on my side in the beginning.

So you're not horrible, you're just human.

Liiya on
  • Options

Where I work, we get yearly Fraud training, and for a few years, before they switched the training to online, we had a woman from the Fraud dept, who had a wonderful Irish accent, come to give our department the training in a big meeting. Its the only time we've ever had those meetings where I was enthralled by what the speaker was saying. Well, maybe just by the way she was saying it. I don't really much of what she was saying, but I enjoyed every minute of listening to her.

I did not realise that people liked Irish accents. I should abuse it more.

• Options
    You're kidding? Is this not widely known in Ireland? that most of the world sees you as keeping a panty-dropper in your voicebox?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

I did not realise that people liked Irish accents. I should abuse it more.

Oh man

Irish accents are wasted on the Irish

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    lostwords wrote: »
    Been in the Philippines a week now, been missing my girlfriend like crazy. We talk on Facebook messenger all the time, but the 16 hour time difference is killer. Having fun with family, but every time I see or do something cool, my first thought is "man, she'd love this". Cant wait to see her again in a week! Aaaaand I'm done being sappy and somewhat mopey

This is funny for me when I know who you are talking about. My brain does this every time:

"Aww."
    "Wait, I know her!"
    "Awwwwwww"

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Protp: Americans are enthralled with any accent that is not American.

• Options
    Christ, I always assumed that my accent is too flat/country to be any good to anyone.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    There are a lot of Americans that enjoy even other American accents if it is from a very different region from their own. My mother spent a lot of her childhood living between the Washington DC area and Texas because her step-father was in the military.

When she lived in Texas all the boys loved her Yankee accent.
    When she was in DC all the boys loved her southern drawl.

She admits that as soon as she realized this she exaggerated both whenever speaking to a particularly cute boy.

• Options
    Boy takes the piss out of my accent all the time, he always imitates me and then adds "ye don't noo John Snoow" or "wi'ters comin'".

• Options
    Fugitive wrote: »

I've generally assumed that it's 99% of the reason that people watch videos/streams I post.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    my accent is mostly gone due to a combination of being embarrassed by it as a teenager and years of working in radio

I miss it sometimes

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

I'm weak for accents

I mean I knew it was a thing but goddammit

• Options
    one day I'll settle on an accent.

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Liiya wrote: »
    Smof, that is okay.

I've been there, suddenly losing interest. In my situation I was never 100% into the guy to start with, but because of his persistence I sort of went along with going out with him, and then unsurprisingly I lost interest because there wasn't enough to start with on my side in the beginning.

So you're not horrible, you're just human.

It's totally okay to have lost interest, but as someone who has been on the opposite side of that scenario the kindest thing to do would be to tell him that you aren't interested.

It was like 6 years ago and I only kept texting her for a month, but the realization that 'no, she isn't always busy, she just has no interest in you but won't actually say it and you've probably been annoying her for a long time' is something that is still a little embarassing for me to remember.

Thorn413 on
  • Options
    Fyndir wrote: »

I've generally assumed that it's 99% of the reason that people watch videos/streams I post.

If I ever got into the streaming/LP business, I'd probably fake some permutation of your accent or there'd be no point even trying.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Nuka is almost here! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Options

If I ever got into the streaming/LP business, I'd probably fake some permutation of your accent or there'd be no point even trying.

Just give me a cut and I'll redub all your stuff!

The live streams will be trickier, we'd have to do vent or something and you'd have minimal control over what I said.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I talked to a lady with a Scottish accent once.

I have no idea what she was saying but I remember the whole thing very pleasantly.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I am a redblooded american and god damn are accents of any sort glorious

the most pertinent anecdote i have is that I once briefly dated a hispanic girl whose family was from el paso / juarez and i was so happy

god bless nyc

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Anxiety has been promptly replaced by rage. Why do customer service providers have to be so blindingly stupid at times?

I am more prone to giving them the benefit of the doubt, you know, since I've worked in customer service for basically 15 years.

• Options
    Christ, I always assumed that my accent is too flat/country to be any good to anyone.

I am 100% certain that the only reason @Hullis hasn't said anything is because he didn't want you to know the power you could have over him if you learned to use your powers accent for evil.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Hey REG don't sweat it

Weird brain shit happens in the dark places of the night, especially when there's nobody else obvious to talk to

I try really hard to play If That Happens, Then What when my thoughts go bad/weird/angry/painful places
    1. THING OCCURS, ANXIETY/ANGER ENSUES
    2. If That Happens, Then What?
    3. Thing occurs, maybe slightly less anxiety/anger ensues
    4. If That Happens, Then What?
    5. Repeat as necessary

Sometimes it takes me a looooooong fucking time to get to the end of the thought train, but once I'm there and look back at initial step #1 it's usually "well shit, that's not that big of a deal"

I know this was from a page ago, but I do the same thing. I do it with shit like, "What if my life suddenly became an action movie and I was attacked by ninjas?" or, "What if that oncoming vehicle sudden swerves directly at me?"

I think about that last one with every vehicle I see when driving now and it's made doing so very stressful. White-knuckle grip all the time for me now.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

Just give me a cut and I'll redub all your stuff!

The live streams will be trickier, we'd have to do vent or something and you'd have minimal control over what I said.

"Hi, my name is GuyFugly. As with every stream, I'd like to start off with a rebuttal against Anita Sarkeesian..."

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »

I am 100% certain that the only reason @Hullis hasn't said anything is because he didn't want you to know the power you could have over him if you learned to use your powers accent for evil.

I'm not sure. When I get cross my accent gets really strong. He once followed me around Wall-mart imitating my accent and doing some version of "soft day, thank god" and "top o the mornin to ya" until I started swearing at him completely unintelligibly, at which point he just dissolved into a puddle of self-satisfaction and giggles. He uses my accent for evil, I think.

This discussion has been closed.