As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Granado Espada

123457»

• Options
    ShujaaShujaa Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I've got 177 fame so far, think 200 is needed to make a clan so shouldn't be too long.

Shujaa on
  • Options
    blizzard224blizzard224 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm not out of this yet, I'm just waiting for my slow fucking ass friends to get themselves into gear and get started.

blizzard224 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm on now if anyone is playing.

edit - also I've got over 200 fame now, so can do clan stuff I guess? Need someone to point me in the right direction for that.

Shujaa on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well I've given up on this game. It's pretty, and the gameworld and three character ideas are good. And it has some great character and enemy designs. And the stance system is a cool idea.

but...

It's still just another boring korean grindathon. The community is just bots and the people that happen to not be bots are all afk. My whole time playing I another person talk once and they didn't speak english. Plus there's the whole thing of the quests being translated so poorly I can't even understand what they want me to do half the time because the quest text is just incomprehensible irrelevant gibberish.

Plus the gameplay is just... dull. Even when you aren't afk you're still just letting the computer play the game for you for the most part. Ugh.

Oh well, kind of a shame really. But hey, it's not like the game cost me anything.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Shujaa wrote: »
    I'm on now if anyone is playing.

edit - also I've got over 200 fame now, so can do clan stuff I guess? Need someone to point me in the right direction for that.

Go to the Adjutant of Reboldeoux whatever... and then ask him to make a clan, name it Onyx Obelisk, and then someone get the rest of us to join. :P

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Well I've given up on this game. It's pretty, and the gameworld and three character ideas are good. And it has some great character and enemy designs. And the stance system is a cool idea.

but...

It's still just another boring korean grindathon. The community is just bots and the people that happen to not be bots are all afk. My whole time playing I another person talk once and they didn't speak english. Plus there's the whole thing of the quests being translated so poorly I can't even understand what they want me to do half the time because the quest text is just incomprehensible irrelevant gibberish.

Plus the gameplay is just... dull. Even when you aren't afk you're still just letting the computer play the game for you for the most part. Ugh.

Oh well, kind of a shame really. But hey, it's not like the game cost me anything.

I disagree with the bold. I thought the gameplay was good. I didn't like the looting process, though. But yeah, regular Korean grindathon.

I guess I should appreciate Korean games. Fun enough to play, but too grindy to get addicted and waste a lifetime on it. :D

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Clan names can't contain spaces apparently. Any ideas? OnyxObelisk would look dumb.

Shujaa on
  • Options
    Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So I downloaded this a few days ago and made a family on the de/uk server, around level 50 now.

My impression so far is that the game has potential but the K2 staff is fucking incompetent and the translation is horrible, as is the so called "westernization".

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm approaching this as a standard hack/n/slash dungeon crawler that just happens to have other people playing at the same time.

So far this approach is working pretty well, and I'm having a lot of fun. Using the standard Fighter/Scout/Musketeer combo at the moment.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, I'm pretty much done with this game. I did enjoy this game far more than I'll ever enjoy WoW, but I'm just too busy to play anymore.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    JNighthawkJNighthawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Anyone still playing this?

Edit: Aaaand nevermind. The lag is *terrible.* It runs at way higher than 60 FPS, but when I try to move, it just chop chop chops from place to place.

JNighthawk on
    Game programmer
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've finally given in and downloaded the client for the US version, Sword of the New World. Anyone still playing? I know that's also the previous post, but I thought I'd check.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I'm not, but others might be. I still have a soft spot for the game, but not for the level-grinding.

Zephyr_Fate on