As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Monday, December 9, 2013 - Subtlety

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited December 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Isn't Peggle the game described as the game that plays itself?

• Options
    El_FunkoEl_Funko Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Would the PATV episode about writing this strip be titled the 5th Panel?

El_Funko on
  • Options
    AltacoAltaco Registered User regular
    dag yo

this comic xbox huge

• Options
    <:__)~<:__)~ Registered User regular
    I can't help but notice that a comic about a lack of subtlety was B^U style.

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    That frown.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    This is me. I love Peggle.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    is Tycho accosting this guy at a funeral or something?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

It's a bit like Pachinko, so yes. It's great though.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

Child's Play auction, I think?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Ahh yes, it is towards the end of the year. Child's Play auction coming up, Tycho wakes up in a cold sweat. "Shit! We forgot to make the Child's Play strip. Again."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness... dat 3rd panel!

Peggle is Plinko with happy animal, like... sage-wizards and Ode to Joy.

It makes me sad that I wont be able to play it anytime soon. I believe it's an XBone/PC exclusive? At least for the time being.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness... dat 3rd panel!

Peggle is Plinko with happy animal, like... sage-wizards and Ode to Joy.

It makes me sad that I wont be able to play it anytime soon. I believe it's an XBone/PC exclusive? At least for the time being.

It's just XBox One for the time being. That time period of course being secret.

Having played it at PAX, it seemed exactly the same as Peggle.

• Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    When I saw the title of Gabe's news post and the tiny preview I thought for sure it was going to be another episode of the "We're Right Awards".

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I had to go find myself a Peggle clone on Facebook. I attempted Papa Pear Saga, but that devolved quickly into Candy Crush horrors as it's made by the same people. I wound up settling on Hotshot as it's the most similar to Peggle and the least aggressive towards your wallet.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Gosling wrote: »
    I had to go find myself a Peggle clone on Facebook. I attempted Papa Pear Saga, but that devolved quickly into Candy Crush horrors as it's made by the same people. I wound up settling on Hotshot as it's the most similar to Peggle and the least aggressive towards your wallet.
    I was fond of Kickin' Momma for iOS. It's essentially Peggle, but you launch from the upper left, not straight up.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

that's part of the joke of it for me

small talk during an event with someone you want to donate money to your charity? Sounds like a good time to be making bizarrely insulting demands :)

• Options
    KalTorak wrote: »

small talk during an event with someone you want to donate money to your charity? Sounds like a good time to be making bizarrely insulting demands :)

And the correct response is to auction a code off.

• Options
    miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

We all know how that would end.

433684682_hMPZM-L-2.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2013
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    YoungFrey wrote: »

We all know how that would end.
    I don't know, Scott & Kris were the auctioneers. I can't see them not soaking Mike or Jerry in a situation like this.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I have still never played Peggle or even really seen it. Am I really missing out or something?

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    I have still never played Peggle or even really seen it. Am I really missing out or something?
    If you like puzzle games like Bejeweled, tetris, etc... I'd recommend it. The appeal of Peggle is pretty darn broad. Probably the closest analog for me is Bust A Move.

• Options
    Lingering GrinLingering Grin Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    "YoungFrey wrote: »

You say that like it's a bad thing =P

Lingering Grin on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Peggle is sort of like Candy Crush, in that it's a puzzle game where most of the strategy involves hoping you get lucky.

Also in that it's pretty addictive.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    From today's newspost: (waaay at the bottom)
    i-bhnxsRp-L.jpg

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    OmegaDezOmegaDez CanadaRegistered User regular
    Damn, it's been a while since we've seen a 4-panel PA strip, or is it just me?

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    OmegaDez wrote: »

Based on the the mini archive crawl you just made me feel a compulsion to undertake, it looks like the last time we got a Very Special 25% More Panels Giant-Sized Edition of Penny Arcade was February 1.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Peggle is sort of like Candy Crush, in that it's a puzzle game where most of the strategy involves hoping you get lucky.

Also in that it's pretty addictive.

Actually, like any pinball-esque game, there is a decent amount of strategy involved. The ball always fires with the same force, and gravity is a constant, so you can usually plan roughly where your ball is going to go.

I used to play it all the time on my iPod nano. Got pretty damned good at it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    "YoungFrey wrote: »

You say that like it's a bad thing =P
    Almost disappointing. I've played a lot of Peggle, on several platforms. I'd like to try some new mechanics: like poison pegs, or shooting from a different point on the screen, or selectable ammo. But I guess that is what the new Peggle Masters get you.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »

Based on the the mini archive crawl you just made me feel a compulsion to undertake, it looks like the last time we got a Very Special 33% More Panels Giant-Sized Edition of Penny Arcade was February 1.
    Fixed for math.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    forty wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »

Based on the the mini archive crawl you just made me feel a compulsion to undertake, it looks like the last time we got a Very Special 33% More Panels Giant-Sized Edition of Penny Arcade was February 1.
    Fixed for math.

That's even MORE panel! I was short-changing.

Although based on pixel dimensions, it's actually more like 190% more comic compared to one of the regular three-panel comics. Lord deliver us from these incredible savins'!

Gaslight on
  • Options
    PeacemakerVIIPeacemakerVII Chicago, ILRegistered User new member
    miaAusa wrote: »
    tycho's faces are the best

Another reason I shouldn't check the site during class. Got a couple death-stares after uncontrollably laughing at this one.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I read it as a funeral accosting. Which made the strip for me! You can't take that away from me.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet