As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] Winter is Here

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    XCOM Enemy Within is $15!

Oooh thanks for the heads up on that. I have limited funds for this sale, and that's something I've been meaning to pick up as I am probably gonna replay the game soon.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    I need some people to play Magicka and probably Torchlight 1 and 2 with. The games are fun but I get pretty bored playing solo and I'd like to finally beat the games. Add DoublePitstoChesty if you want to help me knock three games out of my backlog.

@Stragint there's like five of you. Which avatar is yours?

steam_sig.png

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    I need some people to play Magicka and probably Torchlight 1 and 2 with. The games are fun but I get pretty bored playing solo and I'd like to finally beat the games. Add DoublePitstoChesty if you want to help me knock three games out of my backlog.

@Stragint there's like five of you. Which avatar is yours?

steam_sig.png

Invite sent.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    In response to winning my Bioshock Infinite giveway, Ryadic revenge gifted me Binding of Isaac. Thanks, Ryadic!

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    So much class flying around. @Vamen was nice enough to gift me Bioshock in order to fill the Big Daddy sized hole in my Steam library. Thank you very much for all your class. Everyone else, please feel free to bury him in gifts which is what he deserves. (Phewww... caught up on the thread)

My pleasure, good sir.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I found something even sillier.

Fall of the Samurai: 75% off. Each of the Fall of the Samurai DLC: 75% off. Fall of the Samurai complete pack (which includes only those two things): 50% off.

So you lose out on a whopping 50 cents by buying all the DLC individually over what it would be if the pack was priced appropriately. OHWELL.

e: And then go fig, one of those DLC is included in the Fall of the Samurai special edition (which is the only version they're selling), so I get it for cheaper than the pack would be.

Whatever :P

Jragghen on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ACEP/sid-meiers-ace-patrol

Ace PAtrol for about 1 buck. Steam key.

...aaaand free with previously accumulated "Blue Coins." Thanks, @Corpekata!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    I have duplicates of globes #4 and #6, and I need #2, #9 and #10.

Link to profile in sig.

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Incindium's Top 5 Christmas Movie Contest

Ok so the contest is pretty simple here. You have to guess what my top 5 Christmas movie list looks like.
    PM me a list of 5 Christmas movies in numerical order. Points will be given for matching movies off my list as well as bonus points for getting the correct position in the list.

I'll gift the winner a game of my choice(likely from their wishlist).

Probably will run this for a couple days so there can be a decent number of participants.

Get a guessing!

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    A few of you own Starforge. A friend of mine is asking about it because I admin a Minecraft FTB server and he played on my old Vanilla server. Is it worth picking up or is it another Early Access that may lose it's steam*?

*Pun intended, I'm not sorrry.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    A few of you own Starforge. A friend of mine is asking about it because I admin a Minecraft FTB server and he played on my old Vanilla server. Is it worth picking up or is it another Early Access that may lose it's steam*?

It just got a huge update, but he's probably safe holding off for more content.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I have to wonder, is Ultrahonky related to Urahonkey?

signature.png

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Woke up this morning* to find the good @emutheelf has seen fit to spread the class around and gift me Civilization 5: Brave New World! Much obliged, my friend! :)

*may have been afternoon. Up late weaving in FFXIV. Oddly addictive, may need help disengaging. Transmission out.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Of course I bought Deus Ex HR Directors Cut for $

Can't wait to use the debug mod. No more battery charging for this guy!

I've bought a lot of games on Steam that I already own on consoles. The idea of playing them how I want is too strong an urge.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    These are still going. i need to get rid of them to make room for a new year's worth of games.

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but seems like the Star Wars sales have been crap since Lucas sold to Disney.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    yvdyAJD.png

Thank you!

I have an extra globe #10, need #2,4,5,6, and 9. PM for trade, I'm embarking on a massive fetch quest.

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    These are still going. i need to get rid of them to make room for a new year's worth of games.

signature.png

I may be open to be mocked,
    But whenever I read Legend of Grimrock,

Does anyone misread the last word as Grimlock?

1424864-grimlock.jpg

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Been a bit busy and haven't been posting here much, but just received a gift copy of Super Hexagon from Firebird.

@Firebird, Thank you, you classy gent you. I know nothing about the game, except I think I've heard it's hard. Look forward to trying it!

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    @Iblis--if you're prone to seizures, just be forewarned: this game will fuck with you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    My reaction to DX:HR's Director's Cut was akin to the average Malibu Stacy fan when learning they were selling the same doll with a new hat. Which is to say I bought it day one and didn't look back.

The texture problem is definitely a thing, regrettably; other than removing the orangey filter on everything I didn't notice anything special graphically, but once you're aware of which areas have weirdly oversized textures it's hard not to see. That said, the redone boss fights were generally solid improvements, basically taking notes from the finale of The Missing Link. DLC integration of same was also a selling point, and for the smaller equipment DLC it spread the gear throughout the level rather than dump everything in your inventory at the start.

Overall I found it worth the five bucks from the full discount. I certainly won't pretend it's issue-free, but I'd been meaning to give the game another go and ultimately had a blast with it.

Edit: Just loaded the game to check, it looks like the texture issue's been fixed with the latest patch. I should also mention the DC addressed a problem I had in the base game, where a conversation 'battle' wasn't triggering properly unless I skipped sidequests on the way to it. It now functions as intended; don't think everyone had the same problem, but it happened regularly to me when it first came out.

Stolls on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    @Stills - I really enjoyed it on 360, so debug mod makes it well worth $5 for me.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    @Iblis--if you're prone to seizures, just be forewarned: this game will fuck with you.

I can thankfully say I have never had a seizure. Though I do suffer from some minor vision problems, but hopefully that will not be an issue.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Final heads up on these!

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Open to everybody in the general Penny Arcade group, closes in about an hour. Happy Salesmastasavis!

Edit: or rather, they close in five minutes. Miffed that one a bit.

OneAngryPossum on
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    So, there I am, shopping for my wonderful significant other while she bakes ginger cookies at home. My son, full of energy, thinks it'd be a great idea to dash around and made a bee-line for the toys. He lets go of my hand, triggering all of my dad-alarms. It should come to no surprise, then, that I barely notice a buzz in my pocket notifying me of an incoming email. I reach for my son, then for the phone, but before I can read it....

ALIENS INVADE CHRISTMAS.

It's chaos! Shoppers running everywhere, hiding for cover. Santa, on his throne, is the first casualty. Dashing for a place to hide, I turn and see an alien level a laser pistol at me and fire. I close my eyes, hear a second blast, and two thuds. When I reopen my eyes, I see that @Karoz bravely dove in, took the shot, and took that alien menace out.

With his dying words, he says, "Avenge me...." It's only then that I check that incoming email. A copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown, from the very hero who saved me. "Son," I say, gravely, "I shall name my first alien-killing marine in his honor."

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    So I crafted a winter badge and got the Mountain Splitter. I don't play DOTA unfortunately and would really like the TF2 uncommon instead. If you're interested let me know.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    your first alien-killing marine is unlikely to last very long, unfortunately

so maybe like, go through a few before you start getting attached to them

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    And now I hit #1 on Wolverine pinball table...

I'm going to have to friend @Viking aren't I?

Dammit.

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    So I see an email from @Idx86 that only says "GRADIUS 2 - The ReGradening!" and comes with Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon. That's just awesome!

My current PC is just scraping the minimum CPU requirements so I might hold off until I get a new machine in a couple of months. On the other hand, I've really been looking forward to Blood Dragon. Might just fire it up anyway.

Thanks!

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    #firstworldgiftingproblems

Not being sure of a gift recipient/senders gender, so you compose gift related forum posts with no gender specific pronouns. This is harder than you think.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Mudzgut wrote: »

It just got a huge update, but he's probably safe holding off for more content.

Indeed indeed. Game is still super janky, mostly empty, and not even remotely optimized. That said, they added digging back in and have integrated infinite terrain so you can dig and explore the laggy, hideous world to your heart's content. It's come a long ways recently, so it's definitely worth keeping an eye on....

...but yeah, I'd wait for another update or five unless you really want to support the devs.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Well apparently logging into the website on my wife's laptop disabled my access to the market for a week, so I doubt I'll get to craft a snowglobe badge. Booooo.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular

Dammit.

you should definitely add Viking, I just added you too, more pinball buddies is always good

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    Big thank you to @muppetman for Hard Reset!

What a great surprise to wake up to!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Anyone here play Eador?

Is it like Warlock/Civilization games or does it have a more single-player kinda campaign thing?

@21stCentury

More like a single-player campaign of Warlock / Civilization games, with Heroes of Might and Magic-ish combat.

Like, each time you beat a mission (which can take several hours of play), you advance the story and get bonuses to bring into your next mission, like bonus gold per turn, extra buildings or units, etc.

I really like some of the ideas that are going on here, even if the execution isn't, like, 100%.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    #firstworldgiftingproblems

Not being sure of a gift recipient/senders gender, so you compose gift related forum posts with no gender specific pronouns. This is harder than you think.

"Hmm, his av is clearly that of a dude... but that's what I thought about the last poster and that turned out way off. Oh boy, I said 'his' av, I don't even know if it's a he. Is that some kind of fucked up societal gender norms thing? Oh god, what I'm subconsciously sexist and didn't even know it?! Fuck it, I can deprogram myself later, I gotta say something, the Steam thread's moving a mile a minute! What do I say, what do I saaaaaay?!"

At one point, I just talked about games more than playing them. Now I fret more about talking about games than I actually talk about them, which is still more than I actually play. It's an endless rabbit hole of paranoia and anxiety, with no repri- wait, hang on, I forgot FFVII's on sale, lemme grab that real quick.

There. What was I talking about? Ah, who cares. Everybody vote for Red Faction: Guerrilla.

Stolls on
  • Options
    LadyDustBunnyLadyDustBunny Registered User regular
    Oh man! I almost forgot about the Winter sale! Unfortunately, I don't know how much I'll be able to buy, but I'll be sure to do the voting and try to get some more badges to trade with people. :D

Also, EVERYTHING is on sale on my wishlist, which makes trying to decide what I want to get (if I do get myself something) very difficult. Also, makes it tempting to just gift to everyone else. We'll see what I can scrounge up. I enjoyed the last big summer sale and love coming on here to check out what everyone's getting and gifting! You guys are awesome!

steam_sig.png

Origin: DustBunny777
    3DS: 2836-0103-2102
    M1GZYUT.jpg
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »

Dammit.

you should definitely add Viking, I just added you too, more pinball buddies is always good

The nerve of some people! Rik friends me causing me to drop down to 2nd on my 3 number 1 tables (I had just hit 1 on Spiderman too), and then gifts me the Balance of the Force pinball pack.

What, classy, classy nerve.

Thanks!

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Has anyone played that Craft the World game? I'm sort of interested after watching the video but $10 is still a bit high, so I dunno.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    muahahaha I forgot I bought a 360 controller specifically for Mortal Kombat waaay back that I really like the feel of

so these last 6-ish months of using motionjoy and sometimes having issues so I could use a ps3 controller on my pc were unnecessary, I can use this controller and have no fuss ever!

jokes on you, me!

360 convenience and ps3 quality directional pad. yesssssssssss. thank you bit.trip runner for not working with the ps3 controller so I'd go look to see if I had a wired 360 controller, and in turn re-thank you to berylline for the bit.trip gift!

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.