As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

holiday forum memorial [chat] and sausage cookoff championship

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    will ur no longer gonna be engaged she gon eat dis pie and then sat FUK U and throw down that ring

poo
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh wait, it's @spool32.

Well, could be worse. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    that fucking security guard

i wish we had it in video form

the gifs would be amazing

Eh?

the "let me tell you about homestuck" security guard meme

I absolutely have no idea what that is.

Look at me. Not being in the times.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »

I was hoping it would be a small-ish, non-CGI film when I first heard about it.

But nope, everything must be Hero and Crouching Tiger forever and ever and ever.

It seems more Man With The Iron Fists to me, because the supernatural stuff is more overt and cartoonish in execution. Plus, this is a Japanese story, not a Chinese one like the two you mentioned.

Fair enough. I just wanted something less flashy.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    will did u got engagged

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    will did u got engagged

All the engagges.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    you can't spell engaged without will

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    will did u got engagged

All the engagges.

On lock

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Man. She died the day after her birthday. This probably would have wrecked my dad. So at least I don't have to see that I guess.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Now black people don't do cold, there won't be any black people at the Patriots game this week.

I feel like I'm listening to the love child between "black people walk like this, white people walk like this" and right wing radio

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

I was hoping it would be a small-ish, non-CGI film when I first heard about it.

But nope, everything must be Hero and Crouching Tiger forever and ever and ever.

It seems more Man With The Iron Fists to me, because the supernatural stuff is more overt and cartoonish in execution. Plus, this is a Japanese story, not a Chinese one like the two you mentioned.

Fair enough. I just wanted something less flashy.

Humorously enough, I want to see the flashy, over the top CGI. But that's because I'm still waiting for something, ANYTHING good with dragons in it (Desolation of Smaug notwithstanding, as that was fucking excellent).

I want to see the movie, but I'm really scared of how bad the non-flashy stuff is.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Man. She died the day after her birthday. This probably would have wrecked my dad. So at least I don't have to see that I guess.

I'm very sorry for your loss. :(

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

I'm sorry for your family's loss, DUE.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    As a professional homestuck cosplayer

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    breaking news you guys

you can beat up prostitutes in the new GTA game

how will this affect our children

you can get a blowjob from a prostitute while your friend airlifts the car you're in to 5000 feet and drops it killing both you and the prostitute just as your ingame avatar climaxes

now our kids are going to be doing that

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    will ur no longer gonna be engaged she gon eat dis pie and then sat FUK U and throw down that ring

i know :(

i texted her and told her frito pie tomorrow instead

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    will did u got engagged

i did! asked her xmas day at like 1 am

it was 10 years to the day from when i asked her to be girlfriend

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    breaking news you guys

you can beat up prostitutes in the new GTA game

how will this affect our children

you can get a blowjob from a prostitute while your friend airlifts the car you're in to 5000 feet and drops it killing both you and the prostitute just as your ingame avatar climaxes

now our kids are going to be doing that

i'm not saying i want to go now

but when it's my time to go

i know how i want to

• Options
    Irond Will wrote: »
    will did u got engagged

that is awesome

i am super happy for you buddy

congratulations

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    will did u got engagged

excellent :)

Christmas 2014 wedding?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    greetings my rubber duckies

i just met fritz habers daughter

she lives in bath lol?

@podly

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

she lives in bath lol?

@podly

I'm sure I'll get used to it someday... until then?

Ovaltine-Decoder-Ring.jpg

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    This woman has been sitting near me since noon. She works on another floor. She won't stop talking, and she's full of dumb. Its really annoying. Now she's explaining why its OK for black women (she is one) to verbally abuse non-black women who date black men.

I hear this all the time at work, or something like it. I date women of different colors but the last two or three have been black or Latino and when they would come to see me at work, the whole store would go crazy about me dating outside my race, especially as a Jewish man.

The worst comment I've heard "You know, black people and Jewish people both suffered a lot. Why put your future children through that?"

I hate stupid people.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    will did u got engagged

excellent :)

Christmas 2014 wedding?

i think end of may. going to do it up in Maine - her mom lives on an old family farm plot in central maine with aunts and uncles. It's pretty and also inconvenient enough that we have a good excuse to keep the whole thing small. I am already marginally dreading even a little 20-person wedding and a big one would just be a nightmare.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    i know how bill murray felt in groundhog day after this afternoon at work

oh my god it will never end

• Options
    my next paycheck is only going to have 30 hours on it

wooooo

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Athenor wrote: »

she lives in bath lol?

@podly

I'm sure I'll get used to it someday... until then?

Ovaltine-Decoder-Ring.jpg
    Salutations, [chat] people.

I was just introduced to Fritz Haber's daughter.

She lives in Bath, UK. I'm laughing out loud because it's in a city I find funny [conjecture on my part].

[Don't know the podly connection].

e: to make quotes

thatassemblyguy on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    ``that what would you do show is real weird

poo
  • Options
    my next paycheck is only going to have 30 hours on it

wooooo

yeah, my normal week is 45 hours, so holiday weeks screw me pretty hard

especially one like this week where one day we worked was only half a day

I might make 36 with the paid day off, but that's a pretty large chunk of my check with the overtime missing

THANKS OBAMA

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    The worst comment I've heard "You know, black people and Jewish people both suffered a lot. Why put your future children through that?"

this is an amazing 5 star comment

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Man. The more I think back on the last week, the more I regret not getting involved in any of the Secret Santa exchanges.

I'm half tempted to just, randomly secret santa someone.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Man. The more I think back on the last week, the more I regret not getting involved in any of the Secret Santa exchanges.

You could hit up the exchange organizers and volunteer to be an easter bunny.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    after books Ill have ~$750 left over and after paying the money borrowed for my new place back that will be $50 from my student aid

they're giving me $3000 less than I'm supposed to get because they had the wrong information (they had me listed as a freshmen and not a junior when they calculated it because I assume there's a random bureaucracy generator that large organizations employ) and I'm not sure how to correct it, everyone seems to want to pass me off to someone else

guess its time to go sit in someone's office and not leave until something gets done

• Options
    edited December 2013

It's really an awesome thing to witness. Next year I'm going to slather someone with cheer.

Sometimes people get screwed over though. Maybe you could fill in?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

No, Athenor, that is stalking.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    omg

this icecream

this fucking icecream guys

omg

• Options
    Casual wrote: »
    omg

this icecream

this fucking icecream guys

omg

is it cold

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Athenor, make sure your santee isn't a mormon

that's all I'm saying

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

You could hit up the exchange organizers and volunteer to be an easter bunny.

That's what I'm thinking. It's a good niche to fill. :)

It's really an awesome thing to witness. Next year I'm going to slather someone with cheer.

Sometimes people get screwed over though. Maybe you could fill in?

That's why I was so gunshy about it. I got shafted, like, a year before the Easter Bunny thing started occuring.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/26/main-resident-evil-fanbase-30s-40s-says-capcom/
    The “main user group” for the Resident Evil games is now in its late-30s to 40s, Capcom have revealed. In a feature highlighting the series on their Investor Relations website, Capcom say that this poses the risk of these fans growing older and older and eventually outgrowing videogames altogether.

As always, the solution is to try and appeal to a younger generation of gamers, in an effort to ensure that you always have new players being introduced to the Resident Evil games. One approach Capcom are taking to help facilitate this is carrying out collaborations with fashion magazines.

Capcom say they’re collaborating with fashion brands that are popular among young people to help give Resident Evil more exposure among the youth.

Other marketing and promotional activities include appealing to non-gamers through a “Halloween Horror Night” event held in alliance with Universal Studios Japan and the opening of a Resident Evil café in Shibuya, Tokyo.
    Sometimes it is better just to let a franchise die.

This discussion has been closed.