As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phalla Generations - Game Over! - Village and CesareB Victory!

1313233343537»

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    @MunkusBeaver
    @Saberovereasy

I really want to emphasize that I really enjoyed this game. It reminded me as I was playing it of Munkus' last phalla, where the mechanics were different but ended up, for whatever reason, having a similar effect on how the mafia played because there were mechanics in that game that made us have to predict how the village would react in a similar way to how we had to or should have predicted how the village would move specials around in this game. Since I nominated Munkus' phalla for Main of the Year, and intended to vote for it (don't remember whether i actually did or whether stuff got in the way) you should take that as a very high compliment.

The post I made above, about my strengths and weaknesses as a mafia, is relevant too. I'm a pretty introspective guy; I think a game the playing of which gives me more insight into how I play is pretty awesome. I look forward to your next game, whatever it may be.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I think premium and saber are the only actual admins. They're the only folk who can unlock it

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    The Bucket Problem
    I should have paid more attention to this. The reason I know this is because I can't immediately tell you what signs the mafia had.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    The Bucket Problem
    I should have paid more attention to this. The reason I know this is because I can't immediately tell you what signs the mafia had.

ZH was pretty sure that was how you got him; he was our only Rider. We had 1 rider, 2 sky, 3 horse.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I think premium and saber are the only actual admins. They're the only folk who can unlock it

They should do that, and then link it again :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    familyfeud.freeforums.net/

Sorry, was exhausted last night and forgot to unlock

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    If I wasn't mafia I would totally respond to kime's post about the horsies are beneath him that I'm motherfucking Sky, so he's beneath me.

Punk :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Not sure how to feel this game forreasons

1) I only seemed to draw ire for trying to contribute.
    2) A few people that seemed mafia as hell to me managed to live a really long time (disc, vert, slym)
    3) I never knew what my sign did let alone anyone else who shared it with me. I didn't contact anyone till obi made a call day 2 so...
    4) I thought my death was especially bullshit. Getting thrown under the bus based on lies and then disc dies anyway. Such a waste.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I was totally convinced that vert was SOME SORT OF SPECIAL and kept alive by being involved in the network.
    My specialdar was super off last game. :|

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I dunno why you drew ire bedlam - you seemed village to me. I also thought discrider was village bc he would respond to me in PMs instead of the thread so that the mafia would not see his thoughts.

Invictus had me so fooled.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Bedlam wrote: »

2) A few people that seemed mafia as hell to me managed to live a really long time (disc, vert, slym)
    3) I never knew what my sign did let alone anyone else who shared it with me. I didn't contact anyone till obi made a call day 2 so...
    4) I thought my death was especially bullshit. Getting thrown under the bus based on lies and then disc dies anyway. Such a waste.
    I was actively crushed when I was told that discrider was a special. I really, really, really did not want to vote for you.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Where can I read the Phalla awards?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I want to point something out. Just because someone dies a special doesnt mean that we need to kill everyone on their fucking dunlist. I know what vert is feeling right now. You guys wasted 3 days crossing off discrider's list.
    The mafia was the only one who paid attention to discrider's list (go back and check, TRV and Aura were the cornerstones - both mafia), but you voting for me didn't give me any choice of an alternate wagon.

Edit: Check it out:
    Day 5

Grunt's Ghosts (7) - TheRoadVirus (1549), Gizzy (1555), Auralynx (1559), undergroundmonorail (1706), jdarksun (2226), SLyM (2326), Invictus (2350)
    jdarksun (4) - facetious (1445), Grunt's Ghosts (1613), vertroue (2207), CesareB (2324)
    Cythraul (1) - Invictus (1648), Preda (2208)
    TheRoadVirus (1) - kime (1206), Gizzy (1435)
    SLyM (1) - buddha73 (1528)
    Preda (1) - TheRoadVirus (1240), Cythraul (1706)
    vertroue (0) - Preda (0928)

That's because while they were saying "Vote for GG" YOU GAVE REASONS WHY. They just started sparks, which had you not bother to pour rocket fuel on with your reasoning skills would have never started the inferno of stupid that got me and vert killed. Which reminds me...

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    I really, really loved the last day on the mafia board, where facetious was just talking to himself. For posterity, I guess?

• Options
    Pretty much.

My post in the thread about feeling lonely to not have anyone in the network or mafia to talk with was mostly honest.

I also thought/hoped people might enjoy reading it, too, so I'm glad you did. :P

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Hmmm reading back I think Cesare got me killed.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    I still wish the final vote close hadn't been moved, or at least maybe vert had been around when I was hoping to chat with her before I had to leave for work. I really thought I had a chance to sway her at the end there. Ah well.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »

Yeah I traded some dead people signs for your family.

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »

Yeah I think so. Possibly Buddha as well. Sorry!

One thing that I think Saber could improve on if he makes another version of this was the utility of the family names. There was plenty of motivation to share signs but absolutely none to share the names. Literally the only things signs did were help me get my wincon and help the mafia kill people; there should have been some sort of village-positive use for names otherwise even asking for them looked really suspicious. That probably hurt the mafia more than me; they had to use their seer for names because there was no way they could explain asking for them. Alternately just getting rid of names mechanically and have the mafia get one free kill and one sign-related.

• Options
    facetious wrote: »
    I still wish the final vote close hadn't been moved, or at least maybe vert had been around when I was hoping to chat with her before I had to leave for work. I really thought I had a chance to sway her at the end there. Ah well.
    I would have switched to you. No reason not to tie it at that point. vert would have been the sole survivor in that case, but village still would have won.

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    Wait? @CesareB how did you get me killed?

• Options
    Buddha73 wrote: »

He traded info with premium, and some of that info was your sign. Which we then used to kill you.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The more I look at this game the more I realize the mafia played amazing. They were in a situation where they had to get information from the village when the village had no reason to share information with each other. By doing so they got two kills a night where they would have normally only had one and as a result would have been steamrolled. On top of that, they blended in amazingly and did a great job avoiding the network making it a last day affair.

I LOVE games that force an active/smart mafia and this one did it amazingly, @SaberOverEasy .

And, Mafia, you were active and smart. Not only did you play incredibly active and smart but had the village made a single 'nother misstep you guys would/should have won. Kudos to the Mafia in this game for sure.

• Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    Buddha73 wrote: »

He traded info with premium, and some of that info was your sign. Which we then used to kill you.

Man, looking back I should have known just from that exchange that you guys could kill based on sign. Since you had that info specifically for the guys you had killed.

I mean I obviously wouldn't have said anything since the village knowing that strict sign secrecy would keep them alive would have kept me out of the loop entirely, but it was super dumb of me not to notice that at the time.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    @SaberOverEasy Thanks for the game! I wish I had gotten to play more. :p

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Saber thanks for running! The post game details seem really cool and I wish I could have seen more while in it. But the fact that it went right down to the wire is really great.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited January 2014

Bleh.
    Sorry, Bedlam. I initially voted for you because I was working through the Sky list and trying to figure out who was suspicious on that list. I thought you were more suspicious than Aura or facetious because of your style of not posting anything useful (the previous days), while Aura's Gizzy alliance and facetious's private dealings with me seemed far more active and less mafiaish by default.
    That said, I probably should have just killed vert, and be still wrong, instead.
    In the end though, I was pushing a deadline and getting ready to leave the country on holiday, so I was more blatant (and less active) than I would have liked. I mean I was sort of disappointed I wasn't killed the previous day.

discrider on
  • Options
    Also sort of glad that I didn't completely screw the village network over. The only people who voted with me the day I died were village network people and CesareB who I bribed.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Also sort of glad that I didn't completely screw the village network over. The only people who voted with me the day I died were village network people and CesareB who I bribed.

Remember this people. Bribing me gets results.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    so I assume the mafia gave you my family name, Cesare? while the good network gave you my sign?

• Options
    You were the bribe Egos.

• Options
    I hereby nominate discrider for mafia MVP this game.

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    so I assume the mafia gave you my family name, Cesare? while the good network gave you my sign?

The narration gave me your family name.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    haha forgot about that, what about sign?

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    haha forgot about that, what about sign?

discrider gave it in exchange for my vote.

• Options
    I hereby nominate discrider for mafia MVP this game.

Hey, I was getting some good villager reads on people who were absolutely convinced I was mafia.