Options

Why are we not talking about [Legal Marijuana] in multiple states and now for Vets?

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I mean even trump didn't try and crack down when he had the power and it would've been an easy win against "blue states".

Mainly because it's just not that popular of a move even among the right electorate.

Nobody at the Federal level wants to touch it in either direction.

I would bet the religious crazies slowly taking over the GOP's upper levels would. And they've shown no restraint about touching the sex-adjacent-policy stove.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    I mean even trump didn't try and crack down when he had the power and it would've been an easy win against "blue states".

Mainly because it's just not that popular of a move even among the right electorate.

I would bet the religious crazies slowly taking over the GOP's upper levels would. And they've shown no restraint about touching the sex-adjacent-policy stove.

22cvrk7d2wb5.png

It's getting pretty close to the point where support is basically universal. Plus it has actual money and Chamber of Commerce support behind it compared to something like outlawing trans people

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Business interests realized they can make money on it and public sentiment is in support of it. Legalization is inevitible.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Trump tended to surround himself with the most extreme fuckers on the right and loved doing bullshit to own the libs. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that even the rightwing's internal polling is showing that this will about as well as selling buckets of actual rancid pig shit to their base.

I'll definitely go with the idea that this isn't some stupid ass ploy by Biden to justify lifting the federal mortarium; especially, when the bulk of states that have legalized marijuana are blue states. This is asinine take that is not really thinking things through very well on how they derived their own conclusion.

Yes, Biden has made choices that really piss off parts of the democratic base, and the key word is parts. There aren't any real noteworthy blocks in the democratic base that are hot and heavy on the idea of marijuana prohibition. So even if one wants to go with the cynical take that Biden is purely doing this to shore up the younger voting base, that's a move that any semi-intelligent politician will only do if the gains are worth it. Granted, this take has some glaring logic holes. It erroneously assumes that legalization is the sole purview of the youth vote, a take that I'm pretty sure wasn't even true two decades ago when I was a teen and sure as fuck not anywhere near true now. It also incorrectly assumes that Biden is a self-centered prick that only cares about getting re-elected and has no fucking clue how the US political system works. Not saying the dude isn't being driven by some ego, but he does know that he can just do a pander throw towards a large voting block and then follow it up with a rug pull later. Biden knows full well that in order to get more of his policies in place, he needs a cooperative Congress and it's going to have to be two different congresses for his full term. Dude probably also expects to still be alive for enough time after his term ends, that he would prefer that the US elects someone that won't immediately tear down all his policy accomplishments and take the country in a direction he disagrees with.

• Options
    moniker wrote: »

22cvrk7d2wb5.png

It's getting pretty close to the point where support is basically universal. Plus it has actual money and Chamber of Commerce support behind it compared to something like outlawing trans people

Yeah but Mike Johnson opposes it and there's at least talk that a lot of his caucus does as well.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

22cvrk7d2wb5.png

Yeah but Mike Johnson opposes it and there's at least talk that a lot of his caucus does as well.

A lot of his caucus also opposes Speaker Mike Johnson, so...

Also, one of his predecessor literally sells the stuff now. Not that stupid things are impossible, but it's got a lot of things on its side

• Options
    StarZapperStarZapper Vermont, Bizzaro world.Registered User regular
    edited May 17
    Heffling wrote: »
    StarZapper wrote: »
    The other important thing is that schedule 3 drug businesses are actually allowed to take business tax deductions; currently all the legal weed businesses can take $0 in federal tax deductions. It should also help ease up access to the banking system, as well. Those alone are huge positives for the industry.

That would only apply to like, pharmacies, wouldn't it? Like, I don't think I'd be allowed to sell Tylenol #3 due to the codeine in it.

No, I believe the tax thing is specifically only for schedule 1 and 2 drugs, where the federal government doesn't allow any deductions (by law). I don't profess to know why that is, but it seems like they just treat everything else like business as usual. Even if they didn't, there's tons of medical dispensaries too, so that would still be huge.

StarZapper on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    as a small farm owner in TN, I'd really like this to come to fruition so I can start a cash crop and retire a left voting hippie.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options

22cvrk7d2wb5.png

A lot of his caucus also opposes Speaker Mike Johnson, so...

Also, one of his predecessor literally sells the stuff now. Not that stupid things are impossible, but it's got a lot of things on its side

There was talk around the SAFER banking bill this year and how Johnson won't bring it to the floor because a majority of his caucus opposes it. It's not even clear it can get out of the Senate last I saw.

The crazies on the right are as out of touch on this as they are on shit like contraception. And Trump's admin is gonna be staffed with these kind of nutters.

I'm not saying it's guarenteed or anything but imo it's on the table in a way no one actually sane is expecting.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I'm new to this whole scene - What's is too much? I'll usually do 1 or 2 hits (on a vape pen) maybe 3 times a week. Is that a lot? I started last year when my radiation finished and was starting maintenance chemo. I have no interactions with my prescriptions on that front.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
      I think a couple hits off of a vape pen is totally normal for a beginner. Just keep in mind that vape cartridges can have different concentrations of THC and the whole market is kind of an unregulated Wild West right now, so just do your research and make sure you are buying reliable brands.

y59kydgzuja4.png
    • Options
      knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
      That doesn’t seem like a lot to me, but I don’t know what kind of dose you’re getting from a vape pen

Part of the reason I like edibles is I know exactly how much I’m taking and know from trial and error what my limits are

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
      -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    • Options
      AnsagoAnsago Formerly QuarterMaster Registered User regular
      Indeed, "too much" is a totally subjective thing depending on your experience, tolerance level, social situation, etc. A couple hits off a vape pen two or three times a week is pretty mild in most cases - I smoke/vape regularly every night to help me sleep. That said, vape pens/concentrates are one of the most concentrated forms (it's even in the name!), so relatively speaking a hit off a vape pen will be higher in THC, etc than a hit off a pipe or similar.

As flamebroiledchicken noted, just be careful to purchase from reputable brands that have verified testing dates marked on the packaging.

• Options
      SleepSleep Registered User regular
      Hahahaha 1 or 2 hits a few times a week is like nothing. I can do 1 or 2 rips every few hours.

• Options
      redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
      Yeah, what you are consuming seems about what I'd use if I was taking a couple hour hike. Lightly buzzed but functional, basically sober.

But I have used things with THC in them mostly daily on and off for maybe 2/3rds of my adult life.

tolerance is a thing. how something effects you isn't particularly related to how that much whatever might effect someone else.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
    • Options
      Also other medication can play a role.

For instance, I have blood pressure medication and on the side effects is stuff like alchohol and weed hit harder.

A few years ago I got healthy enough to wean myself off of it (didn't last) and no fooling I had to take twice as much THC to get the same level of high.

that said, I don't drink alchohol, so when I do now while on the medication, I can get buzzed off a single drink.

• Options
      Thanks, folks! I'm enjoying the ride!

• Options
        BethalizBethaliz Registered User regular
        edited June 7
        Anyone into CBD gummies? I want to try them, but not sure which ones. Found these https://joyorganics.com/products/25mg-full-and-broad-spectrum-cbd-gummies for $80. Is this a good price?

Bethaliz on
      • Options
        Just buy a big bag of Albanese gummies and tip your budtender $20, it’ll have the same effect

• Options
        SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
        Bethaliz wrote: »
        Anyone into CBD gummies? I want to try them, but not sure which ones.

I'm honestly not exactly sure if giving recommendations and such is even ok on the forums where Cannabis isn't legal everywhere our users are.

That said, with anything like that I'd go low and slow.
        Personally, CBD doesn't do much of anything for me but I think it's always best to exercise caution.

• Options
        BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
        As with any edibles - eat smaller amounts first, see how it goes, and next time (not 10 min later) you can try a bigger dose. Biggest mistake most people make with edibles is thinking it's not working, taking more, and then blasting off to the moon when it all hits (though I guess CBD is probably fine here?).

96058.png?1619393207
      • Options
        GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
        edited June 5
        Some gummies start to kick in within 20-30 minutes, others can legit take around two hours before really doing anything. And sometimes you'll take one and it just never really does much of anything.

Sometimes the effect will only last a couple of hours, other times it can last all day (albeit not at peak effect).

Not everyone likes it (both of my roommates bounced off of it), and some trips can be more intense than others. It can be a pretty wide range of experiences, especially with the different strains.

So in both ramp up and ramp down, patience and acceptance is key. Take one small dose to start out with, only take one, and then see how you feel about it afterwards.

And keep some water nearby.

Edit: Ahh, I missed that you specified CBD gummies. That's a different ballgame than the mixed gummies.

Gim on
      • Options
        redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
        I have had zero perceptible responses to CBD in the absence of THC. Some people report more effects.

Pretty sure CBD, and anything that doesn't have and isn't derived from cannabis products with more than .3% THC-Delta9, is basically federally legal at this point due to the 2018 farm bill.

States are whatever their current rules are. There's basically no regulation of over the counter CBD products beyond FDA food regulation for edibles.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
      • Options
        flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
        In my personal experience, CBD has little to no noticeable effect. It maybe makes me feel slightly more relaxed, but that could be completely psychosomatic. My mom uses CBD gummies for sleep and says that it helps, and I know some people swear by CBD creams for muscle soreness, so who knows.

y59kydgzuja4.png
      • Options
        BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
        IMO,edibles can really be hit or miss based on what else you’ve eaten recently as well. I’ve found that eating a meal that’s got a lot of fat in it sort of accelerates how fast it kicks in.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
      • Options
        I've found that taking edibles before eating is more effective than taking them after.

• Options
        I find it tends to enhance the taste

Which is usually a good thing but occasionally you get something gross that tastes double gross

• Options
        DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
        For anyone looking for a fun way to get stronger gummies out of a dispensary(if you are in a place that only does 100mg bags of 10gummies):

Buy a dablicator there.

Inject your gummy with a little dablicator goo. Works especially well with the gron pearls.

Boom! You have a little weed gusher that will take you wherever you need based on how much you inject it. Strap in and enjoy the evening.

• Options
        StarZapperStarZapper Vermont, Bizzaro world.Registered User regular
        Bethaliz wrote: »
        Anyone into CBD gummies? I want to try them, but not sure which ones.

I'd just make sure to buy from a reputable local store / company that specializes in them and try them out. They're basically unregulated and range all over the place, so testing them out yourself is the only good way. I like to take them in the evenings, I totally get a body high from them. I am prohibited by federal law from any THC for my job, so I'm a total lightweight, ymmv.

• Options
        BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
        For anyone looking for a fun way to get stronger gummies out of a dispensary(if you are in a place that only does 100mg bags of 10gummies):

Buy a dablicator there.

Inject your gummy with a little dablicator goo. Works especially well with the gron pearls.

Boom! You have a little weed gusher that will take you wherever you need based on how much you inject it. Strap in and enjoy the evening.

Man, I did 20 once just to see how it would go, and it did not go well.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
      • Options
        DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
        Brody wrote: »

Buy a dablicator there.

Man, I did 20 once just to see how it would go, and it did not go well.

Yea everyone has different amounts that work for them. Very good to know yours.

For me it's like:

10 - really light and mild for when I just want a little buzz. Maybe for playing a game that requires my full attention.

20/25 - usual dosage for chilling and watching things. Or maybe a really good high game where I don't need full brain function for.

40/50 - I am one with the couch. Only special occasions.

• Options
        GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
        I've never gone beyond 10, which is my usual.

5 actually works pretty well by itself, depending on the strain.

I might try 20 someday when I want to melt into the Earth, but unless my tolerance tanks I think I'll stick to 10.

• Options
        AnsagoAnsago Formerly QuarterMaster Registered User regular
        I've recently found that the CBD-THC combo gummies work the best for me. In particular there is a great 2:1 gummy that has been perfect, the CBD removes all the anxiety from the come-up and then the THC kicks in and it's great.

• Options
        Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
        edited June 5
        My main advice is make sure to take breaks. I find that I have real bad memory issues and just general brain fogs anytime I've been doing it daily even if only at night. Once I take a few days break, it goes away.

As it turns out, just like any drug, weed does have it's costs on your overall health.

Death of Rats on
        No I don't.
      • Options
        Gim wrote: »
        I've never gone beyond 10, which is my usual.

5 actually works pretty well by itself, depending on the strain.

I might try 20 someday when I want to melt into the Earth, but unless my tolerance tanks I think I'll stick to 10.

Normally the packages I get are 100mg (20 gummy pieces of 5mg each) so when my friend was over and he had some I assumed the same but it was (4 x 25mg) and I remember just sitting on the couching wondering if I was still breathing, but why I was ok if I wasn't, then I wanted to stand up and didn't. It was like I thought I was standing but I never moved. In hindsight it was funny to me, but man that was a trip.

• Options
          You’re not eating that whole package in one go, right?

Because I’m a big dude and if I go over 20 mg in a few hours I’m basically couch-locked

• Options
          knitdan wrote: »

Because I’m a big dude and if I go over 20 mg in a few hours I’m basically couch-locked

I think they are saying the are used to having 5mg gummies and a friend brought over 25mg and didn't realize. So a 5mg to 25mg jump.

Which yea thats gonna be a ride the first time haha.

• Options
          knitdan wrote: »

I think they are saying the are used to having 5mg gummies and a friend brought over 25mg and didn't realize. So a 5mg to 25mg jump.

Which yea thats gonna be a ride the first time haha.

Yeah one gummy at a time. I'm a lightweight!

• Options
            It does blow me away that I can get a 1G vape cartridge for about $18 (all legally!) and it lasts like a month or 2. No hangovers or feeling like shit or anything like alcohol. I understand it's still a drug, but it just feels better than alcohol in every category.

• Options
              My alcohol consumption dropped like a brick once weed got legal here. The few times I drink now is either just a couple of beers (which fucks me up given how much of a lightweight I am now) or a couple of shots, which hits similarly.