Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Omg that crawling gif

Gif of the year

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I prefered Mebane's truffle shuffle, but thats because its rare a fat guy gets to have camera time outside of being told by his too hot wife he doesn't understand something basic.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Omg that crawling gif

Gif of the year

Is it Morelos army crawl first down celebration

I loved that so much

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    A little tepid, but I think this is the first current Washington professional football player to say they need to change the name. DeAngelo Hall is your winner.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I think for all the talk about the Clink, I also think the fans factor in. I mean having lived in the seattle area my whole life we are a big bag of loud assholes.

The design also might be copy righted or whatever you do for building design.

I'm pretty sure if you put 50,000+ sports fans from anywhere and explicitly encourage them to be as loud as possible at specific moments, you will get the exact same thing.

98.5% of the credit for Seadderall's home-field advantage goes to the architect, not the fans.

Honestly I really hope they don't replicate the noise-amplification in other stadiums. It's one thing to have a home-field advantage, and it's another to have an annoyingly overbearing (and artificial) effect on a game. When you start generating enough sound to permanently affect hearing, let alone creating earthquakes, I think that crosses the line. Might as well just give fans little nerf dart guns and let them shoot at players. Or use laser pointers and shine them into players' eyes.

• Options
    Have some cheese.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i approve of this new nerf dart based home field advantage. nerf guns for all!

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Honestly I'd be more bothered by whatever dumb college team uses cowbells for their fans. That shits just obnoxious.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Yes, we know Harbaugh's preferred way to handle crowds
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=hvIAdsh5_aI

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    He more famously pulled that shit against Iowa.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    I am in favor of home stadiums doing whatever they can to provide an advantage. Hell, I'd go so far to say that I'm in favor of Mutant League Football level field dangers. :)

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    transittrash.jpeg

Even the damn trains are getting involved in this. THE DAMN TRAINS!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Which train system isn't running at a massive loss? That will be the team to win on Sunday.

Just drive a damn car deadbeats.

• Options
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tom-brady-back-at-new-england-patriots-practice-after-missing-day-011614

Tom Brady misses another day of practice Mallet penciled in to start.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    I am in favor of home stadiums doing whatever they can to provide an advantage. Hell, I'd go so far to say that I'm in favor of Mutant League Football level field dangers. :)

I think everyone wins when you kill the ref.

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    You know what one tiny little inconsequential thing bugs the shit out of me?

Whenever a website or tv show uses the Seahawks logo, but with the old color scheme, like the off turqouise colors.

I feel like the new colors and uniform are just as much an identity of the new team as Richard Sherman or anything else, so everytime I see our logo with the old colors it's like the media is saying "hey seattle, look, we're finally paying attention to you and your team, we even go the logo right."

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Whenever a website or tv show uses the Seahawks logo, but with the old color scheme, like the off turqouise colors.

I feel like the new colors and uniform are just as much an identity of the new team as Richard Sherman or anything else, so everytime I see our logo with the old colors it's like the media is saying "hey seattle, look, we're finally paying attention to you and your team, we even go the logo right."

I would never have thought that you could make neon green work in a uniform, until I saw the Nike overhaul.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I think for all the talk about the Clink, I also think the fans factor in. I mean having lived in the seattle area my whole life we are a big bag of loud assholes.

I'm pretty sure if you put 50,000+ sports fans from anywhere and explicitly encourage them to be as loud as possible at specific moments, you will get the exact same thing.

98.5% of the credit for Seadderall's home-field advantage goes to the architect, not the fans.

Honestly I really hope they don't replicate the noise-amplification in other stadiums. It's one thing to have a home-field advantage, and it's another to have an annoyingly overbearing (and artificial) effect on a game. When you start generating enough sound to permanently affect hearing, let alone creating earthquakes, I think that crosses the line. Might as well just give fans little nerf dart guns and let them shoot at players. Or use laser pointers and shine them into players' eyes.

Heh, yet another Bay Area football fan crying about crowd noise.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I agree, I mean they changed the logo for a reason and the media would never screw up an east coast team like that. Well aside from the bills, but lets be honest we don't have to worry about a bills logo in national media at least until they fuck up their 2014 draft picks.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Really though, the turquoise looks, ugh

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9aREq8HGLRzXhyqLRxkkoscaJL88YY9O6oPnLjjiu118o-__K

at least with the grey its a small throw back to the original colors as well

seahawks-logo.jpg

Element Brian on

Arch,
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I would never have thought that you could make neon green work in a uniform, until I saw the Nike overhaul.

Personally I still think the old seattle colors are better.

But i'm a fan of a more old school timeless look and I long for the day the eagles go back to kelly green and this eagles.gif logo. Even the Sixers are back in their old way better uniforms! Come on Eagles, you're the last holdout in this stupid city!

Also, let me be the first to say that "Seachicken" is the single dumbest thing i've read all day. Way to go Caltrain.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Knight_ wrote: »

Also, let me be the first to say that "Seachicken" is the single dumbest thing i've read all day. Way to go Caltrain.

You don't spend a lot of time around 9ers fans do you

Element Brian on

Arch,
  • Options
    Seachickens is actually an old school insult my dad used to call the team post chuck knoxx.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Knight_ wrote: »

You don't spend a lot of time around 9ers fans do you

I'm pretty close to as far as possible as one can be while still remaining in the same country, so no not really. Apparently for the best if that's all they can come up with.

Yeesh.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

Uh, I'm not crying about it. I'm calling it what it is. If Candlestick had the same acoustics, I'd admit that it constituted an artificial advantage.

It's like making fun of someone for pointing out that the Nuggets have an advantage because they are used to playing at a higher altitude, except that's a natural advantage. Actually, it'd be more like having the Cavaliers design their arena so that it mimicked high-altitude conditions all season.

It's kind of cute how you resort to name-calling, though. Almost like you're insecure about the fact that your team isn't as good as they seem to be or doesn't get as much respect as they should because of their home-field advantage.

Seriously, you can't scream about how awesome it is that you generated an earthquake or set the record for the loudest.place.ever and then turn around and laugh about people who point out that 160+ decibels is well above the level shown to cause permanent hearing loss. It doesn't strike me as all that far from shining a laser pointer into someone's eye to permanently affect their vision. In that case, having the players wear sunglasses would be similar to telling them to put on ear plugs.

• Options
    Not everyone can play in Denver either, like there was a guy with a condition in the NFL and I forget what it was, but its a common thing and he can't play at that altitude the first time he did he lost his gall bladder and spleen.

So I'd say Denver has more of an advantage with their altitude than Seattle does with their noise.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

Uh, I'm not crying about it. I'm calling it what it is. If Candlestick had the same acoustics, I'd admit that it constituted an artificial advantage.

It's like making fun of someone for pointing out that the Nuggets have an advantage because they are used to playing at a higher altitude, except that's a natural advantage. Actually, it'd be more like having the Cavaliers design their arena so that it mimicked high-altitude conditions all season.

It's kind of cute how you resort to name-calling, though. Almost like you're insecure about the fact that your team isn't as good as they seem to be or doesn't get as much respect as they should because of their home-field advantage.

Seriously, you can't scream about how awesome it is that you generated an earthquake or set the record for the loudest.place.ever and then turn around and laugh about people who point out that 160+ decibels is well above the level shown to cause permanent hearing loss. It doesn't strike me as all that far from shining a laser pointer into someone's eye to permanently affect their vision. In that case, having the players wear sunglasses would be similar to telling them to put on ear plugs.

Really, "bay area fan" is a insult now? Particularly after you used "Seadderal" in your initial rant? This is the inane shit you read in ESPN comments.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I did not "resort to name-calling" anywhere in my post.

It's not like I called you a Whiners fan, or a Sham FanSicko supporter.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    damn

our no. 1 receiver was our 6th option last year

our starting RB was gotten off a last place team for a 7th rounder and a track and field athlete

we're missing 4 of our front seven

how are we ever going to win in denver

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Because Bellichick sold his soul to the devil?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    also seadderall isn't an insult merely a statement of fact

well

if you believe the guilty's stories

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Seattle wasn't the only team to get hit with violations, shit this year alone a bunch of teams had people go down for that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I like how all of you guys are ignoring my main point but want to harp on the "name-calling". Because asking someone if they want more cheese or saying they're crying isn't technically name-calling, and doesn't imply anything derogatory.

It's like the only response you can come up with to a reasonable point about your stadium architecture is "HAHA CRY MOAR". :p

Also, Seadderall is hilarious, just admit it. Seachickens is kind of lame but it's an oldie and will probably never go out of style.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Not everyone can play in Denver either, like there was a guy with a condition in the NFL and I forget what it was, but its a common thing and he can't play at that altitude the first time he did he lost his gall bladder and spleen.

So I'd say Denver has more of an advantage with their altitude than Seattle does with their noise.

I think though that Inquisitor would claim that's a natural advantage. That's just part of the environment, not a man made advantage. Also, it's something that the visiting team benefits from as well.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Well I'd say San Fran fans won't complain when their own new stadium has similar accoustics but seeing as how you guys have to give out memos to your fans on what to do while watching the game I don't think it'll be an issue.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    i mean none of you guys were saying the redskins' terrible, terrible field was a completely legit advantage to have last year in the playoffs

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    I think there's a little bit of a difference between the garbage field of the redskins that is a safety hazard and some hearing loss from playing in the Clink.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    i mean none of you guys were saying the redskins' terrible, terrible field was a completely legit advantage to have last year in the playoffs

Isn't picking on the redskins like picking on the slow kid at school?

I mean, they're just going to moan and piss on themselves.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    The new Niners stadium is being designed so that wind will actually blow into the stadium. So basically like Candlestick except intentional.

Also, my favorite insult is the "Seattle GO THE FUCK BACK TO THE AFCs". :P

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg