As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/broncos-safety-says-edelman-can-t-compare-to-welker-011414

He's right you know, Edelman hasn't dropped any passes that cost the patriots play off games at all.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/broncos-safety-says-edelman-can-t-compare-to-welker-011414

He's right you know, Edelman hasn't dropped any passes that cost the patriots play off games at all.

Welker doesn't drop passes, tho.

He only drops passes that actually matter.

He is the Tony Romo of slot receivers.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Arian Foster might have an illegitimate hipster out there.

The lady probably is trying to exploit the unborn kid for a reality show, but I can't deny that he would both cheat on his wife and try and get the mistress to have an abortion.

• Options
    Foster wanted to be solo with his wife, but you know the texans use a platoon system in all things.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Two sentences in that article stand out to me
    Norwood sold photos of them together in California to TMZ.
    “I truly fell in love with this person,” Norwood said.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    The mariners 2001 collapse, a decade plus of suck, the sonics leaving, and Seattle losing the superbowl has made Seattle very much "When's the other shoe going to drop".

Welcome to Dallas, where the other shoe just keeps dropping.

Dallas sports teams generally do an excellent job of getting your hopes up, simply to crush them. During Eagles v. Cowboys I spoke these words, "the Cowboys are going to keep this just close enough to give us hope, and then they will blow it on the final possession when they have a chance to win."

• Options
    My heart bleeds for the Dallas area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Mavericks

Won a championship in 2010-2011 season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_stars

Won a championship in 98-99 season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys

Won three championships in the early 90s.

About the only thing Dallas doesn't have is a world series and you don't have an MLB team.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's kinda funny how much hate our fanbase gets considering we're nearly on the same level as Cleveland and Detroit, unlike them, we just keep getting close or promising, but with little result. Like they at least expect to fail.

Seattle's relationships with championships is like that girl who keeps canceling your date but insists on rescheduling just to keep that false hope alive.

Because (and I recognize I'm generalizing here) Cleveland fans don't run around shoving their crotches in everyone's face when they manage post a winning record. Seadderall fans, on the other hand...

There are always interesting dynamics for stuff like this. Detroit is in a similar boat, where everyone should be supporting them but the Lions as a team are such a small-town bully that nobody likes them. The closest thing I can think of with the Seahawks is actually the Cubs, where people hate the fans more than the team and probably wouldn't care at all otherwise.

I'm a Niners fan and I totally get why other fans hate us, because a good bulk of the fans here are bandwagoning, entitled yuppies who can't fathom just being "good" and demand contention every year (I'm also an A's fan, if that gives you perspective on how I feel about Giants fans). I also get why Harbaugh gets so much flak, because he really does act like a petulant child on the sidelines sometimes. He's like that annoying kid who can't control himself at a restaurant.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Seriously, the Cowboys were a dominant team for a time, and on top of that they consistently perform well though not great. Dallas hasn't gone through a huge Browns slump that I can remember.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    What's really crazy is that if someone went back to 2000 and told me the Pats were going to be one of the most dominant forces in football for like a decade, I probably would've either laughed them out of the room or asked if they replaced Bledsoe.

Its like me, today, standing in front of everyone and saying the Browns were going to be an unstoppable force of nature for the next 15 years.

Did you hear about the statue of Drew Bledsoe they put up at the Patriots Hall of Fame?

Turns out, it was just the real Bledsoe popping in for a visit.

• Options
    I haven't ever run across boastful seahawks fans. I've run across delusional seahawks fans, but never any that aren't distinctly aware of the teams flaws.

For me its hard to hate on a franchise that never won the championship. Its like fixing the special olympics or denying Richard Hammond a ride at the carnival because he's too short.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I am sure you take time out of your busy day to enlighten them on whatever intangible laced generalism you have pent up for that day. :)

• Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    I am absolutely excited that the 49ers or the Seahawks are going to be the Super Bowl champions.

/49er fan

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I will say, as a non-Seahawk fan who has lived in Seattle for the better part of 15 years, that the team has stumbled into a situation where I'm almost forced to root for them from here on out.

This week they have San Francisco, and Jim Harbaugh is by a country mile the smuggest, douchiest, easiest to hate coach in all of American pro sports. I don't give a shit about the 49ers either way, but I can't even look at the guy without wanting to punch him until my knuckles break.

Then if Seattle actually makes the Super Bowl they'll probably be up against the Pats (I have very little faith in Manning/the Broncos this week), and while I actually find this year's Pats team sort of likeable, I really want Boston to lose everything for the next 20 years just to try and beat a tiny, miniscule little bit of humility back into their fans.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Nija wrote: »
    I am absolutely excited that the 49ers or the Seahawks are going to be the Super Bowl champions.

/49er fan

NFC fanboy. Everyone knows the AFC is America's Conference®

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, it's kinda funny how much hate our fanbase gets considering we're nearly on the same level as Cleveland and Detroit, unlike them, we just keep getting close or promising, but with little result. Like they at least expect to fail.

Seattle's relationships with championships is like that girl who keeps canceling your date but insists on rescheduling just to keep that false hope alive.

Because (and I recognize I'm generalizing here) Cleveland fans don't run around shoving their crotches in everyone's face when they manage post a winning record. Seadderall fans, on the other hand...

There are always interesting dynamics for stuff like this. Detroit is in a similar boat, where everyone should be supporting them but the Lions as a team are such a small-town bully that nobody likes them. The closest thing I can think of with the Seahawks is actually the Cubs, where people hate the fans more than the team and probably wouldn't care at all otherwise.

I'm a Niners fan and I totally get why other fans hate us, because a good bulk of the fans here are bandwagoning, entitled yuppies who can't fathom just being "good" and demand contention every year (I'm also an A's fan, if that gives you perspective on how I feel about Giants fans). I also get why Harbaugh gets so much flak, because he really does act like a petulant child on the sidelines sometimes. He's like that annoying kid who can't control himself at a restaurant.

Haha winning record. We've had 3 in the last 20 years.

Each of which ended in defeat to our arch rival.

Which is why when people start saying they are done with a team for not winning enough Super Bowls or making it far into the playoffs I just laugh and laugh.

Bro fists to Detroit though.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Then if Seattle actually makes the Super Bowl they'll probably be up against the Pats (I have very little faith in Manning/the Broncos this week), and while I actually find this year's Pats team sort of likeable, I really want Boston to lose everything for the next 20 years just to try and beat a tiny, miniscule little bit of humility back into their fans.

never

we are champions of gods and men, we cannot be defeated and we are never, ever going to lose another game ever

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I am sure you take time out of your busy day to enlighten them on whatever intangible laced generalism you have pent up for that day. :)

Well obviously, can't have those delusional motherfuckers going around being delusional. I also make prop bets I normally win.

When the mariners lost to the yankees in 2001, I made 100 dollars. The saddest 100 dollars I ever collected.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Brady will never age or retire

Belichick will never become demented and feeble of mind as old coaches always do

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    I imagine when Belichick retires it'll be like the scene from RoTK with Denethor, only without intervention from a hobbit and a faublous wizard to save Brady.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    At least with the chargers losing that stupid "Team who played philly in their home opener" stat was sent back to the dumbshed with lazerface.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Belichick will never become demented and feeble of mind as old coaches always do

Brady has already aged.

Honestly, though? I'm more impressed with Belichick's coaching this season than in any other that I can remember. He must be eating TONS of puppy brains these days.

• Options
    The end of Brady's career will be him scoring on a qb sneak to win the Super Bowl, then levitating up to heaven, arms raised, in a beam of light

The ground will open and swallow belichick whole in a fiery chasm, as the contract was written

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    At least with the chargers losing that stupid "Team who played philly in their home opener" stat was sent back to the dumbshed with lazerface.

And thank god, too, because as long as that stat held up the only team that couldn't possibly win the Super Bowl was mine.

...well, and Cleveland.

(Sorry DUE)

• Options
    Well Philly could technically win since they play philly in the home opener.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I mean, as a Packers fan, I'm relieved I can continue only worrying about da Bears.

As a person, I feel sad that the Lions organization hates its fans so much.

Its not so much as hates, as it knows they have no where else to go. Which symbolizes detroit in a nutshell.

Dead or alive, you're coming with me!

• Options
    They even took that from Detroit with a shitty remake. THEY STOLE YOUR ONE THING!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Under Caldwell this season, the Ravens were 29th in total offense (307.4 yards a game) and 25th in scoring (20 points a game). Quarterback Joe Flacco, who Caldwell was brought in to mentor, threw more interceptions (22) than touchdown passes (19) this season.

I'm sorry detroit, I'm so sorry.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

About the only thing Dallas doesn't have is a world series and you don't have an MLB team.

The Mavericks aren't that good anymore. They're old and getting older. They missed the playoffs last year and will probably limp in this year.

The Stars? Nobody gives a shit about the Stars. They've been rebuilding since the turn of the century and couldn't sell out their arena for a dying kid's last request.

The Cowboys had a long, long history of success. And then forgot how to be relevant for twenty years.

No MLB team? Are you for real? Two consecutive choke jobs in the World Series and a long and storied history where the biggest thing that ever happened to the Rangers was that George W. Bush was once a part-owner.

Dallas is a football town. Period. Any other success is ancillary to that and the Cowboys are owned by a moron.

• Options
    Rangers play in Arlington and are called the "Texas" rangers. I also didn't give you the tax dodge that is the Houston Astros.

And again all of those teams have won the championship in my life time, the mavs within the last five years. No way compareable to the sucktastrophe that is the Seattle pro sports era in my lifetime.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular

The Mavericks aren't that good anymore. They're old and getting older. They missed the playoffs last year and will probably limp in this year.

The Stars? Nobody gives a shit about the Stars. They've been rebuilding since the turn of the century and couldn't sell out their arena for a dying kid's last request.

The Cowboys had a long, long history of success. And then forgot how to be relevant for twenty years.

No MLB team? Are you for real? Two consecutive choke jobs in the World Series and a long and storied history where the biggest thing that ever happened to the Rangers was that George W. Bush was once a part-owner.

Dallas is a football town. Period. Any other success is ancillary to that and the Cowboys are owned by a moron.
    Boo fucking hoo, I'm sure the stack of Lombardi trophies your DECADE SPANNING FUCKING DYNASTY won can provide comfort in the cold dark night.

Go tell the Bills or Browns or Seahawks or Lions how much it just sucks to root for a franchise that only has THREE Super Biwl wins.

Dallas fans are like the hipster Boston fan - they were complaining about it being too long since they won a Super Bowl BEFORE it was cool, man!

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Gotta love reading that about Flacco after he got that balls-to-the-wall-crazy contract.

• Options
    Well Philly could technically win since they play philly in the home opener.

They've certainly beaten themselves in enough home openers, that's gotta count for something.

• Options
    Gotta love reading that about Flacco after he got that balls-to-the-wall-crazy contract.

It wasn't all on the Elite Joe Flacco. Caldwell's offensive schemes were stupid and Flacco had no one to throw to.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Rangers play in Arlington and are called the "Texas" rangers. I also didn't give you the tax dodge that is the Houston Astros.

And again all of those teams have won the championship in my life time, the mavs within the last five years. No way compareable to the sucktastrophe that is the Seattle pro sports era in my lifetime.

The Cowboys don't play in Dallas, either. Haven't for forty years.

And seriously, everybody needs to kind of chill the fuck out over this goosey shit.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Every responsible parent is obligated to root against SF.

We won't be able to tell out children that successful people don't act like that in public if he wins the Lombardy Trophy.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

It wasn't all on the Elite Joe Flacco. Caldwell's offensive schemes were stupid and Flacco had no one to throw to.

I don't get how a guy gets paid millions of dollars to make front office decisions only to hire the one guy that everyone in the country can see is a bad choice for another HC chance.

I'd rather give a no name college coach a chance rather than a guy who has proven he cant do anything in the NFL* and sucked even worse when he was a college coach.

* without Peyton Manning

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

I don't get how a guy gets paid millions of dollars to make front office decisions only to hire the one guy that everyone in the country can see is a bad choice for another HC chance.

I'd rather give a no name college coach a chance rather than a guy who has proven he cant do anything in the NFL* and sucked even worse when he was a college coach.

* without Peyton Manning

Yes, but you are not a walking bag of incompetence like William Clay Ford.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Brady has already aged.

Honestly, though? I'm more impressed with Belichick's coaching this season than in any other that I can remember. He must be eating TONS of puppy brains these days.

It's better than 2001, 2004 or 2007 IMO.

He was faced with massive injuries and personnel losses. It's hard to remember, but the Patriots actually started the year with a top five defence. Injuries ended that. Meanwhile, Brady is in clear decline; IMO, he's basically where he was 2001-2003; the guy who could rival Manning or Brees is gone, and he isn't coming back. And still, they keep winning. So far.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    So how about this trivia question:

Which city/municipality with more than one team in the four major North American team sports (baseball, basketball, ice hockey, football [NFL only]) has never won a league championship?