As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSO2] Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis is essentially PSO3!

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Depends on if they're dropping a new event or scratch tickets. On weeks where it happens it's a few hours before weekly reset (late Tuesday / early Wednesday). I think this time they're prepping for the Lunar New Year stuff.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Figured this was worth a bump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp8BYPgxCus

tl:dw You can use chat macros to call up class loadouts, cosmetic sets and emotes to give yourself an almost FFXIV-like class swapping option in towns. The fashion command also works with Auto Chat!

Commands are
    /ms#

for an equipment set,
    /mf# all

for a complete fashion set and
    /la xx

for an emote (or
    /cla xx

for the alternate version of that emote). Example:
    /ms7 /mf7 all /la pose2

turns my character to their seventh loadout (Braver/Gunner), seventh fashion set (Aile Aetos basewear) while she does a cool pose. I moved my chat shortcuts to Ctrl-Numpad for ease of use.

Also, maint tonight.

(Edited because I gave the wrong command for the equipment sets. It's /ms, not /ml)

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    That reminds me: I really need to clear out my inventory soon, as it's nearly full -- a lot of it from daily scratch tickets.

Some stuff says that using it will bind it to the character, but what are my other options there? There's selling it, of course, but if I make a new character, can I transfer it to them?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    That reminds me: I really need to clear out my inventory soon, as it's nearly full -- a lot of it from daily scratch tickets.

Some stuff says that using it will bind it to the character, but what are my other options there? There's selling it, of course, but if I make a new character, can I transfer it to them?

Yes, you can use your account storages to transfer inventory items from one character to another.

Note that if you use a second of the same ticket it'll bind to your account and thus be useable by all characters (including future ones).

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »

Yes, you can use your account storages to transfer inventory items from one character to another.

Note that if you use a second of the same ticket it'll bind to your account and thus be useable by all characters (including future ones).

So let me make sure I have this right: if I have two of a ticket that binds to my character, the second works account-wide?

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »

So let me make sure I have this right: if I have two of a ticket that binds to my character, the second works account-wide?

Exactly right. It'll even say in the item description what'll happen with the next ticket you use (applies to this character / applies to all characters / already applied to all characters).

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    So my local game n merch store got an A.I.S. Vega as part of their recent models restock.

Be advised, the included item code does not work on PSO2 Global.

I am still trying to figure out what I want to do with it. I may give it to a JP alumnus from this thread.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    T-T-Triple poast

February Headline is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9CDzkBnxgE

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2022
    Poking around in the new PSO. Would like to know what ship I should be on before I go any further.

mimDzbp.jpg

Is everyone on Ur?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Seems like Ship 2 is where forum folks went, though a lot of them didn't stick around for long.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Anyone left?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I poke at it a bit, but...

As to population, I think 1 and 2 are close to even, then 3, and 4 in distant last?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I try to log in daily, or at least enough to finish the 200k weekly.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    10546359 Just_Bri_Thanks

I need some friends!

• Options
    10546359 Just_Bri_Thanks

I need some friends!

Sent you one! Lemme know if you want a grinding buddy :)

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    So I am at the part where I have to get myself to a battle power of 950, and I find myself at a loss as to which job I want to concentrate on to make that happen.

• Options
    So I am at the part where I have to get myself to a battle power of 950, and I find myself at a loss as to which job I want to concentrate on to make that happen.

You'll probably be close just by reaching the next increment of five levels. From there you want to start Enhancing your weapon by feeding it duplicates and Silver Primm Swords.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    If my google seraching is right, there is currently no room system in PSO2:NG?

• Options
    If my google seraching is right, there is currently no room system in PSO2:NG?

You can swap between instances of the current area at a Ryuker Device. There isn't an automatic party queue system for open world zones though.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    No, I meant housing.

• Options
    Ah yeah. Housing is currently back in legacy PSO2. That said, the devs have been discussing updating it for NGS.

Speaking of, March Headline was last night. I'mma watch it in a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4eJq-wBDck

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Anyone else on ship 2 or 3 still playing? PSO2 is being good for me to just take a few minutes here and there and fuck around in, but it would be better if it were less quiet, I think.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    tXmVEbe.jpg

• Options
    So I just got multiweapon unlocked at the lab, and I can't seem to do the weapon combinations I would like, such as Wired Lance/Knuckles or Sword/Saber. IS there a resource that explains the restrictions?

• Options
    edited March 2022
    So I just got multiweapon unlocked at the lab, and I can't seem to do the weapon combinations I would like, such as Wired Lance/Knuckles or Sword/Saber. IS there a resource that explains the restrictions?

Aside from the cost in Meseta and gatherables, the main restriction is that both weapons must be from the same equipment "series". So if I have a Tzvia Rod and want to add a Talis it needs to be a Tzvia Talis. You also won't be able to use the subweapon's Photon Arts if neither your main nor subclass use that weapon, but that might not be such a big deal if all you're looking for is the Weapon Action.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    mYs3Co0.jpg

Top of the world!

Jun8zFo.jpg

Thesus Wires are a little over the top.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHy4euDv5qA

April Headline. New stuff:
    - Today: New Compound Techniques and Photon Arts
    - Next week: Level cap increase
    - Also next week: Rank 3 Rwh Maqead with PSE Encores
    - Week after: Geometric Labyrinth, a new dungeon experience inside Retem's giant "Trinitas" pyramid
    - June teaser for the next region, the icy Kvaris!

And they're doing another Headline stream tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twIUiZZ8gg8

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR2araFj_jY

Y'all ready for Summoner Waker?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    verdict pending, tbh.

Su was my second most played char, pet raising mechanics and all. This strips those away. Just waiting for more information though.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    At this weekend's anime expo it was announced that the game is going to be released on the PS4 (technically it's an Xbox One game too) at the end of August. While the JP version of PSO2 is playable on JP playstations, the version that is releasing in August will be the Global version. It will maintain version parity with the rest of Global, with the only exclusive content being stuff that the JP gets, and any licensed content. You also won't be able to purchase/consume currency using the PS version that came from other sources:

otlhrwi8hltx.png

(Source)

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDNnCEM8O-s

August headline. Waker launching next week, plus Hololive collabs soon!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Sooo how's everyone enjoying not-Summoner?

'Cause there's going to be an all-classes rebalance coming shortly. Plus Melty Blood and Overlord collabs soon, and Stia region in December.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEdCz0Kazxk

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    no neco arc, no sale

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    So have they basically forgotten cast characters exist, in terms of cosmetics?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    No, they made it so casts can use regular cosmetic items.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ_ab-CCeSY

New Headline dropped yesterday morning. Nijisanji Collab looks fun and I will probably be grabbing Fuyuki's outfit and Sara's weapon camo if I can afford them.

They also showed progress on the Creative Space and I am liking everything I am seeing.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6l1fLVQkbE

Gunblade class, thy name is 𝕊𝕃𝔸𝕐𝔼ℝ

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List