As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSO2] Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis is essentially PSO3!

1242526272830»

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Meh, edgelordy ass name.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcbgXrFhZ6g

Episode 5 droppin on the 5th, Slayer on the 12th.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    WIth today's update, Episode 1 of the plot seems to be done. Big reveals and whatnot, if anyone was waiting for some progress to get back in for a bit.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    WIth today's update, Episode 1 of the plot seems to be done. Big reveals and whatnot, if anyone was waiting for some progress to get back in for a bit.

Even then it drops the ball I feel and goes with a terribly uninteresting conclusion.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I wonder if the "Ultra Evolution" June update will warrant the hype they're putting on it or be a big wet fart.

The game's in a better place now than it was, and I have fun whenever I dip in, but it still feels inferior to what I played of its own predecessor.

edit: I will say I'm pretty excited about the addition of cel-shading as an option, because the combination of those models and the current shading has always made the characters in this game look awful, like anime figurines cursed to life.

Kamar on
  • Options
    So Ultra Evolution, aside from housing (which was delayed and wasn't supposed to be part of it), looks to be ironically the smallest update yet. A bunch of little QoL stuff, with reskinned enemies and a few extra fights in the first region. No new region and no big changes.

Makes it pretty clear they fell behind but didn't bother managing expectations, which is about on par with the management of NGS thus far.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    I guess it's because I had a passing interest at best in Creative Space I was able to look at what they were saying and not be hyped for things that they did not promise or w/e... but uh... yeah. There was no new region or major land mass coming this update. If there was they would have previewed it. Sky-Ryuker will probably have some kind of dungeon or area maybe through the course of the summer. There seems to be some stuff that got pushed off into August.

That said, portions of this update's contents are parceled through the month. They pivoted to fleshing out the creative space stuff due to feedback... a lot of that being "bring PQs back!" (asked for since NGS released). I can't think of a point in the headlines wherein they mentioned the Spring Update or w/e and it wasn't in the context of "Creative Space".

IJS:

qt17f4sbik20.png

Patch Release: Housing, skills, QOL.
    Next week: Level cap increase, other story stuff... but yeah. People eating hypebacklash for Ultra Evolution kinda only have theirselves to blame.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Just a heads up, the update migrated PSO2 to DLC. I wasn't visiting classic blocks anymore so I'll take the extra SSD space back.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I guess it's because I had a passing interest at best in Creative Space I was able to look at what they were saying and not be hyped for things that they did not promise or w/e... but uh... yeah. There was no new region or major land mass coming this update. If there was they would have previewed it. Sky-Ryuker will probably have some kind of dungeon or area maybe through the course of the summer. There seems to be some stuff that got pushed off into August.

That said, portions of this update's contents are parceled through the month. They pivoted to fleshing out the creative space stuff due to feedback... a lot of that being "bring PQs back!" (asked for since NGS released). I can't think of a point in the headlines wherein they mentioned the Spring Update or w/e and it wasn't in the context of "Creative Space".

IJS:

qt17f4sbik20.png

Patch Release: Housing, skills, QOL.
    Next week: Level cap increase, other story stuff... but yeah. People eating hypebacklash for Ultra Evolution kinda only have theirselves to blame.

Yes, I'll agree that expecting a positive surprise from NGS at this point was foolish.

Anyway, I guess I'll keep playing for a week every 6 months or so and not spending money.

• Options
    Ianator wrote: »
    Just a heads up, the update migrated PSO2 to DLC. I wasn't visiting classic blocks anymore so I'll take the extra SSD space back.

Did they make it so you can use base music discs w/o having to have the base DLC installed?

• Options
    While I wasn't really interested in Creative Space, I've spent a surprising amount of time just... building all the things.

Only thing that concernsm e is the GP gain rates (1250 per day) vs the cost of items, but yeah. It's surprisingly enjoyable.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Is there any general 'ship' folks here veer to? Haven't played in a long time and I figured I'd at least start a new character to get used to things again.

• Options
    I think Ship 2 has the greatest presence of us forumers. That said, I've been away from the game for a while and I don't know how active anyone else has been.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I only pick the game up every six months or so to catch up on the story and poke around whatever new content exists. I've always had fun with that, but I can't understand what people get out of the 'endgame' that exists in NGS to be honest.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Is there any general 'ship' folks here veer to? Haven't played in a long time and I figured I'd at least start a new character to get used to things again.

I mostly play solo but the game has made it significantly easier to catch up on gear that would get you through most of the current content. There's a bit of mid-play gearing with LC augments and they've left the grind intact to get the true max as well. Basically those augments are .25 less pot than their true versions, but you'll still be functional with doing the things.

The XP gains through just doing the story missions has been really smoothed out too.