As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Scooby Doo, where are you?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    It just baffles me that the smaller of the theme would be the hardest to find. It is sold out everywhere. I've checked.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    It doesn't for me - a lot of people think Lego is really expensive, so why not buy the cheaper sets for the kids when they go to see the movie?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    The quinjet looks so cool. I need to try and track one down before its retired.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Got my trash chomper today. My wal-mart has a lot of melting rooms but I've still yet to see this so-called wal-mart exclusive plumber's van. And I have two wal-marts.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    It just baffles me that the smaller of the theme would be the hardest to find. It is sold out everywhere. I've checked.

It shouldn't be too surprising - it's by far the cheapest method to get a Unikitty, plus you also get an Emmet and Wildstyle, all in a $20 set. Plus the set itself and a generic badguy to boot!

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    The cheapest set has Unikitty, Emmet and Wildstyle? Dang, I might have to spring for one (though Biznis Kitty is my favorite version).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Garbage set it is, though I'll be getting ice cream truck itself in a minute because of glorious cheap eBay

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    So, I hesitated too long and missed out on the Lego TMNT Baxter's Robot Rampage set, and now it's either sold out or mega-expensive everywhere. So, out of curiosity, I turned to a desperate man's last refuge: eBay. What good fortune! The set is there, decently priced, and it's tagged as being new/unused/unopened!

Then I read closely. Turns out that while the bricks are all there, all the minifigures have been removed. So you're paying full price or more for some plastic bags with Lego bricks in them, and the instruction booklet. Even the cardboard box isn't included.

I understand WHY the sellers are doing it (they can probably sell just the minifigs for as much money as the full set), but I'm pretty sure that this is morally worse than murder.

And also, in what possible world does this qualify for "new/unused/unopened"? It's like, hey, here's a brand new slice of pizza! Oh, I mean I pulled all the toppings off of it, but it's brand-new!

• Options
    ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    Shogun wrote: »
    Got my trash chomper today. My wal-mart has a lot of melting rooms but I've still yet to see this so-called wal-mart exclusive plumber's van. And I have two wal-marts.

As a long time action figure collector turned Lego enthusiast, I can tell you that ALL of Wal-Mart's "exclusive" items are like this. Some stores will get several cases, and some stores or even entire cities won't ever see them at all. At least for this there's always Lego's online store as an option. With action figures, for most people a Wal-Mart exclusive just translates to "eBay Scalper Exclusive".

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    chrisnl wrote: »
    The cheapest set has Unikitty, Emmet and Wildstyle? Dang, I might have to spring for one (though Biznis Kitty is my favorite version).

The cheapest sets are $12 - the saloon escape and the melting room (which is the cheapest non-random way to get Emmit and Wildstyle).

$20 is the cheapest set with Uni-Kitty, followed by a $60, 70, 100, and 250 set.
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Like I said, there were 5 as of yesterday in clearance at Wal-mart for $50. Given that I know it's a hot item at the moment, I dunno how long they'll last. But I can check for you if you want. Worst that happens is that I pick up a second of these beautiful things.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ahahaha Found it! Shopko had a boat load of Melting Rooms!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod

Biznis Kitty is way rad, but my favorite is Space Kitty. I have so many fond memories of the 80s space sets, and the blue suit with the planet logo on the butt hits me right in the nostalgias.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

The cheapest sets are $12 - the saloon escape and the melting room (which is the cheapest non-random way to get Emmit and Wildstyle).

$20 is the cheapest set with Uni-Kitty, followed by a $60, 70, 100, and 250 set.
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Like I said, there were 5 as of yesterday in clearance at Wal-mart for $50. Given that I know it's a hot item at the moment, I dunno how long they'll last. But I can check for you if you want. Worst that happens is that I pick up a second of these beautiful things.

Thanks @Athenor, but right now I'd have no way to reimburse you. Until I get some of my old games ebayed that is.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    I just realized the Benny's SSS kit is the only way to get AstroKitty. Which I guess is fine because I am buying the fuck out of that eventually, but now I'm sad because I won't have AstroKitty any time soon.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I just realized the Benny's SSS kit is the only way to get AstroKitty. Which I guess is fine because I am buying the fuck out of that eventually, but now I'm sad because I won't have AstroKitty any time soon.

June's only 4 months away! It's not so bad!

• Options

Wyldstyle is also wearing a blue space suit in that kit.

• Options
    And you know, while the Spaceship kit is sweet, I do wish that they'd restricted themselves to pieces that were available in the 80s space sets. 95% of the rad stuff on that ship was available back then, but the other 5% is sapping my nostalgia-boner.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    "If thy bricks offend thee; pluck them out."

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    And you know, while the Spaceship kit is sweet, I do wish that they'd restricted themselves to pieces that were available in the 80s space sets. 95% of the rad stuff on that ship was available back then, but the other 5% is sapping my nostalgia-boner.

Keep in mind that the Classic Space theme didn't really have anything quite like Benny's Spaceship. Even if you go through all the space themes there is nothing quite like it. It is just a beast.

• Options
    You mean size-wise? Yeah, it's definitely larger than any officially commissioned kit, though it's on par with the ships I would build myself out of all the space theme pieces I had. (Which was, let's be honest, the vast majority of my Legos. I was basically Benny.)

Looking through those kits, It's amazing how many of them I had. I would've bet I had maybe 10-12 space kits total, but I remembering owning at least 40-ish of the kits in that list. Anyway, Benny's ship is stylistically consistent with the other Lego space sets up through about 1986, just with a complete disregard for constraint or functionality - ie, exactly what Young Me would've built. In that sense, it's perfect. I just wish they had restricted themselves to 1986-and-earlier pieces. I think it would've been more nostalgia-compatible. But this is a tiny hangnail of a problem, because the Benny ship is still fuckawesome.

And you know, another thing I am impressed with is how Lego prices have remained low. I distinctly remember buying the Alien Moon Stalker with money I had saved - it was a 252-piece kit in 1986 and I bought it for $21.99, which is right around what you'd pay these days for a 250-piece kit. (Maybe it'd be closer to $25.) That $21.99 would be about $45 in today-dollars. Which is kind of amazing.

• Options
    One other thing I forgot to mention is that in the movie he is a master builder (I think?) and he has access to a lot of pieces. And yeah honestly I think right now Lego is cheaper than it has ever been. It also depends on what theme you're in.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Yeah it's a decent price, but even if you can afford it then you start to run out of room to have it all on display.

A dilema I'm currently facing with the Super Star Destroyer that is longer then my fucking coffee table

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Decius wrote: »
    Yeah it's a decent price, but even if you can afford it then you start to run out of room to have it all on display.

A dilema I'm currently facing with the Super Star Destroyer that is longer then my fucking coffee table

I have the solution for this dilemma, though you may not like it.
    Send the SSD to me. It won't be a problem here, because I have no coffee table.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I checked out the local Target to see what they had, figuring that with our low population they might still have some movie stuff. They had one Ice Cream Truck and one of the set that has Emmit and three SWAT Cyborgs with a few vehicles. No Unikitty to be found at all!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'd totally buy a utility Keychain, assuming they permanently attach her neck or something.

• Options
    Just get yourself some Kragle and you're all set.

• Options
    Decius wrote: »

I got a regular Star Destroyer when I had a much larger house, then had to downsize and now my SD lives in a sad little (okay, not so little) box in the garage. :cry:

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I have all my assembled LEGO on a bookshelf. At one time I had just Helm's Deep + expansion on there. It hung off the edge. So, that's the size limit on any set I can have.

• Options
    xeroismygodxeroismygod Registered User regular
    So Metal Beards Ship is in my shopping cart at this moment. Do I pull the trigger? So tempting.

• Options
    So Metal Beards Ship is in my shopping cart at this moment. Do I pull the trigger? So tempting.

Yes. Join me in this madness!

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    So LEGO fever still has its claws in me, and I was wondering - is there anywhere to get the sticker sheets?

I have the Captain America vs. 2 Chutari set, but I didn't put the stickers on it at the time, and I think the box got lost in my move. Can I get those anywhere?

Also - I went out today, TOTALLY not planning on buying anything, TOTALLY just wanting to look around, and I saw these.

And all willpower went out the window.
    IMAG2855.jpg

I think once I get Iron Fist's minifig somewhere I'm all set with superheroes now. The Venom/Nick Fury/Spidey set is pretty tempting still but this, plus my Daily Bugle one seem to be enough for now...

although I really am digging the "Creator" sets, for use with my superhero minifigs. The Log Cabin style one is the perfect home for Wolverine and Deadpool's Canadian retreat...

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Oh god that could be a Bob to go with my Deadpool.

• Options
    That new Captain America looks way better than the Avengers one. The new one seems to be way brighter in both blue and red whereas the old was was too dark.

• Options

Yes. Gimme a second, I'll tell you the address to use for shipping...

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Here's my question, when you get it, do you follow the instructions? Or do you build a giant pirate themed airplane so laden with cannons it shouldn't be able to fly?

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    So LEGO fever still has its claws in me, and I was wondering - is there anywhere to get the sticker sheets?

I have the Captain America vs. 2 Chutari set, but I didn't put the stickers on it at the time, and I think the box got lost in my move. Can I get those anywhere?

Also - I went out today, TOTALLY not planning on buying anything, TOTALLY just wanting to look around, and I saw these.

And all willpower went out the window.
    IMAG2855.jpg

I think once I get Iron Fist's minifig somewhere I'm all set with superheroes now. The Venom/Nick Fury/Spidey set is pretty tempting still but this, plus my Daily Bugle one seem to be enough for now...

although I really am digging the "Creator" sets, for use with my superhero minifigs. The Log Cabin style one is the perfect home for Wolverine and Deadpool's Canadian retreat...

The Venom/Nick Fury/Spidey set is really cool and you should pick it up. Fury's car is a really fun build and it gives you a good base for how to build a convertible car of your own with that idea as well as being awesome in it's own right. The motorcycle is awesome as well. I decided it was Venom's motorcycle instead of Spiderman's because I have no clue why Spiderman would want a motorcycle.

• Options
    xeroismygodxeroismygod Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Here's my question, when you get it, do you follow the instructions? Or do you build a giant pirate themed airplane so laden with cannons it shouldn't be able to fly?

I honestly feel it should somehow have steam punk inspired flapping wings.

• Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    So after seeing the LEGO Movie, I'm diving in and ordering the Metalbeard set from Amazon. I can't go overboard & buy everything, so he'll have to tide me over until the Ghostbusters set comes out.

Well... Maybe a small set or two now and again.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Tach wrote: »
    So after seeing the LEGO Movie, I'm diving in and ordering the Metalbeard set from Amazon. I can't go overboard & buy everything, so he'll have to tide me over until the Ghostbusters set comes out.

Well... Maybe a small set or two now and again.

IT BEGINS

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Man, I have been up for hours now "arranging" my LEGO on the shelves my girlfriend has alloted for them.

Very proud of the fact I couldn't fit Magneto's chopper anywhere, so using the leftover pieces from the "Mountain Hut" Creator set, I made a destroyed house, and broke the chopper up to make a chopper crash - caused by Red Skull and Mandrin.

In swoop Falcon, Iron Man and Cap.

Man...I want to just make scenes forever. Its 4:30AM. Not since like, Bioshock Infinite has something held my interest this long.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow