As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

FOURTH annual pre-pre-PAX East game night! Tuesday, April 8th, 2014 6:30PM

KhadourKhadour Dinosaur CupcakeHillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
What the hell - let's do a fourth year!

Like games? Like booze (or not - that's fine too)? Like congregating with your fellow nerds and playing games while consuming booze (or other non-booze beverage)? Over 21? Then do I have an event for YOU!

That's right - it's the fourth annual pre-pre-PAX East Tuesday night gaming gathering (not to be confused with the pre-PAX gaming nights on Thursday)! We will once again be getting together at J. J. Foley's (21 Kingston St. location - there are 2 locations, so make sure you go to the Kingston St. one, or you'll be a sad panda) to play games, drink booze, socialize, and nom (just like we do EVERY MONTH in Boston!). I will be talking to the Foley's team to reserve the back room for us, so there should be plenty of room to game in. Start time is 6:30, but if you get there earlier, nobody will shoot you for it. Just go to the back room, look for your fellow gamers, and start playing something. If you don't see any of them, then grab a drink and wait - we'll be there soon enough. Bring games if you want - if not, others most certainly will, so there will be no shortage of things to play. There will also probably be some handheld gaming going on, so bring your 3DS/Vita/Whatever if you want to play. I'll be taking boardgame requests, and will try to bring the games that people want to play, so if there's anything you'd especially enjoy playing with your fellow PAXers, let me know below (see my BGG list here). Also, bring $$$ to purchase your drinks/food with, and perhaps some extra to donate to Child's Play.

Also, if you plan on attending, please post a reply, so we can get a rough headcount to give to the Foley'e team. Feel free to request games when you do.

TL;DR:
* Who: You and your closest PAX gaming friends, if you (and they) are over 21.
* Where: J.J. Foley's at 21 Kingston St.
* When: Tuesday, April 8th, 2014, 6:30PM
* What: Gaming. And drinking, if you're into that sort of thing.
* Why: Because we can. Oh, and it was a lot of fun the last few years. And every month.

Notes:
* The 21 age limit is because this is a bar - they WILL card at the door, so make sure you have the appropriate ID
* They have decent pub food there, but it does cost money (as do the drinks) - plan accordingly. As far as Boston goes, they're not terribly expensive, but make sure you've got some cash.
* As much as your fellow gamers love you, we don't want to have to carry you home, hold your hair back while you yarf, or read about you as a statistic the next day, so plan accordingly - don't drink TOO much, and make sure you have transportation plans to get back to wherever you're staying.
* Reply if you're coming for headcount purposes.
* PAX Community Calendar event here.
* FaceBook event here.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
xWDsUaZ.png
jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    Sounds fun - too bad I don't fly in until the 9th.

• surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I'm down!

• BUBBApaxBUBBApax iLLusionist Boston MARegistered User regular
    Cool, I'm down, probably going with a friend so thats +1 :D

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Also, for those of you who are local to the Boston area, our monthly events are in this thread.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Count my head :)

HI3789R.png
    Duly counted, Punzie. Does this mean we'll have Cookie Brigade on hand to take donations?

xWDsUaZ.png

I think I can scare up some cookies to bring ;)

HI3789R.png
    punzie wrote: »
    I think I can scare up some cookies to bring ;)

Yay! Thanks, @punzie!

xWDsUaZ.png

• scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    Count me in for now!

sig.php?id=222
  • SkexySkexy bostonRegistered User new member
    I might try to stop in between work and the Star Citizen thing at the Royale

• gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Depending on when I get back/released from drill that day (yes..a Tuesday...I hate Uncle Sam lately) I might make it later in the evening.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
    Cool - would be awesome to see you again!

xWDsUaZ.png

Guys! Apparently Ben and Jerry's is giving out free ice cream that day. We have a couple of their stores in Boston and one is a only a couple stops down the green line from jj's. Anyone want to meet up for FREE ice cream before drinks and games?

HI3789R.png
  • XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    I will try to attend.

One week to go! Don't forget to post any game requests that you might have, so I can be sure to bring what people want to play. My collection is here.

xWDsUaZ.png

My friend and I brought Red Dragon Inn to last week's game night, we can bring that again if people would be interested.

Sure, bring it on down - I haven't tried that one yet :)

xWDsUaZ.png

@punzie - wish I could, but I'm going to be running around like crazy ahead of time. Enjoy some for me!

xWDsUaZ.png

• TeganJTeganJ Puget SoundRegistered User regular
    My husband and I fly in late that afternoon, so we should have plenty of time to make it down there that evening. Don't have much room to bring games with us, but we could bring something small like Gloom or Munchkin.

PAX West 2016: Badges [x] Pre-PAX Dinner: [x] TWDT: [x] Slytherin DE House Elf Cookies baked for Cookie Brigade: TBD August 2016
    @TeganJ - Excellent - I look forward to seeing you there! Don't feel that you have to bring anything if you're tight on space - I've got a pretty sizable collection of stuff (link in the OP), so if you see something in there you'd like to play, let me know and I'll bring it down.

xWDsUaZ.png

This is tomorrow night! Any boardgame requests for tomorrow night? List is here.

xWDsUaZ.png

I'll be bring some small, less involved games: Werewolves of Miller's Hollow, Pirate Fluxx, and We Didn't Playtest This At All. And I'll be bringing cookies to rep Cookie Brigade.

HI3789R.png
  • TeganJTeganJ Puget SoundRegistered User regular
    @Khadour thank you; really anything that isn't Cootie or Catan Jr will be a welcome change for us :)

PAX West 2016: Badges [x] Pre-PAX Dinner: [x] TWDT: [x] Slytherin DE House Elf Cookies baked for Cookie Brigade: TBD August 2016
    3 boxes and 1 bag of games packed for tonight - hopefully, there will be something for everyone there :) See you all soon!

xWDsUaZ.png

• corruptblitzcorruptblitz Registered User new member
    Anyone looking to do any 3DS or Vita multiplayer stuff?

Thanks to everyone who came out last night and played with us - was a great way to kick off PAX this year! Hope everyone has a great PAX :)

xWDsUaZ.png

Also special thank you to whoever it was with the chocolate chip + mint oreo cookies (@punzie I assume). They were delicious.

• cky71321cky71321 Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    If I recall reading correctly - this is done monthly? Any plans for an May date? :)

Quick edit: Need to find the other thread...

cky71321 on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The monthly thread is in the higher level pax section since it isn't east-specific. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/139225/boston-game-night-march-edition-tuesday-march-25th

• MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    Another great evening to start the PAX experience even if we died to stupid sandstorms all night.