Options

Want [chat] liberation?

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Ow.

• Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    Grifter wrote: »
    Five years ago today, I took my girlfriend out back and had my daddy marry us.

Did he have a shotgun in the non-Bible-holding hand?

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options
    bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    Seriously. I'm glad the last two words were marry us, because any time I hear the words "out back" I suspect trouble on the horizon.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Guns are illegal in Bermuda.

• Options
    LukeDangerouslyLukeDangerously Registered User regular
    @Juggernut‌ Was it LIMU by any chance?

A friend tried to get me into selling that stuff (along with Vector Marketing years ago) saying he was now an entrepreneur and I would be able to make both of us money, etc. I didn't have the heart to tell him it's a scam, but I told him to look very very hard at how much money he has spent vs how much he reasonably expects to bring in.

If you have to buy the product you are hawking, there's a good chance you are the customer. Pyramid schemes are so incredibly infuriating for me that I lose all sense of eloquence when talking to people about them.

• Options
    Yay, got my 4th year anniversary badge. 4 wonderfully productive years with you guys.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    It was Vemma. Vitamins, essential minerals, margarine and asbestos.

I didn't actually pay that much attention. I phased out after he mentioned the guy who developed the formula was an expert in “Eastern Medicine" since apparently this is 1869.

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Ooooo new Cunninlynguists album name your price! Even free if thou pleasest. @tam

Prospicience on
  • Options
    kevindeekevindee Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I just saw Dune for the first time tonight. How the hell did I ever miss this movie?! I took quick sketches and notes during because the set design was so cool I couldn't handle it

kevindee on
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for Jodorowsky's version of Dune to be realized. I guess we would have to reanimate Salvador Dali and Orson Welles somehow...

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Never has such fabulous art direction been just... SO thoroughly squandered.

It's a fun movie to drink to, though.

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Ooooo new Cunninlynguists album name your price! Even free if thou pleasest. @tam

for some reason I thought Kno had quit
    double pleasant surprise!

edit: ooooo this is some good shit

Tam on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    i like me some rappidy rap, i'll havta grab that tomorraaah

rap albums i've liked lately...Esoteric's Machete Mode, Aesop Rock's Skelethon

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Get Phaoroahe Monch's W.A.R. Its not new but its still hot shit.

*Disclaimer: that's like the only rap album I have and/or know anything about but its still super great*

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    *huff* *puff*

I heard the word dune and ran as fast as I could to post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE

• Options
    kevindeekevindee Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Uhh, what's the over-under on Deviantart on the forums? I'm torn on whether or not to bother using it, since it feels like a total pageantry show where there is absolutely no correlation between how good you are and how well-known/visited/liked you are. Even skilled, successful artists can have less favourites and page views than some utterly dire ones, and even when someone has toiled their way into having a following - it's still just Deviantart, does it mean anything?

I look at my all time favourite artistic influences, and almost none of them are on DA. They're just...household names. But obviously, they were active somewhere to become household names. What do forumers think? is it worth spreading out, or do you just upload your stuff in one place? I gotta be missing something here

kevindee on
  • Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular

oooooooooooooooooooooo

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    *huff* *puff*

I heard the word dune and ran as fast as I could to post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE

This was great!

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    kevindee wrote: »
    Uhh, what's the over-under on Deviantart on the forums? I'm torn on whether or not to bother using it, since it feels like a total pageantry show where there is absolutely no correlation between how good you are and how well-known/visited/liked you are. Even skilled, successful artists can have less favourites and page views than some utterly dire ones, and even when someone has toiled their way into having a following - it's still just Deviantart, does it mean anything?

I look at my all time favourite artistic influences, and almost none of them are on DA. They're just...household names. But obviously, they were active somewhere to become household names. What do forumers think? is it worth spreading out, or do you just upload your stuff in one place? I gotta be missing something here

I think the only reason to have a deviantART account at this point is if you had one previously, and you want to maintain whatever contacts and exposure you have there that you don't have in some other online forum. I've come very close to deleting my dA profile a few times, but I keep it because I have one or two pieces that still generate exposure years later, and I want to retain some of the followers I have that haven't followed me onto Tumblr.

I suppose if you're trying to maximize your Social Media Footprint, it's maybe worth checking out as an informal portfolio site, but if you're already cultivating your online presence in other places, it's really a tossup what you're going to get out of it. Getting featured isn't quite the status bump it used to be.

• Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Happy Opening Day, go enjoy baseball and the sun while I'm working on this beautiful day :(

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    "Unofficial American Holiday" - basically just opening day for the baseball season, first games of the year and whatnot.

Just got to listen to that Cunninlynguists CD all the way through... it's really good stuff, got Del, Aesop Rock, Tonedeff, Zion-I, Murs & Grieves, Masta Ace... etc. Very fun ear times.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    Man I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. We're doing documentary comics/comic reports and we're supposed to go to a place and start asking strangers questions.
    We did a test run today to try out the process and we had like an hour to go and ask a stranger on the street three simple questions. I stalled for so long until I found an old guy to talk to and even then I was stuttering like shit.

• Options
  • Options
    bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    I've caught 50 pokemon so far. Reddit already has all 150, but i've been avoiding it. I only checked google because there was a rumor of an elusive Mewtwo

• Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    Iruka wrote: »

Curse you I just started working on last month. :P

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm leaving the anatomy one open, so you can continue to post in it, if you want to. If any of the enrichment threads should keep hanging around, its probably that one.

• Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    Just got done playing my first public classical guitar performance! It was awesome. Just hanging out at a bar practicing on the patio, and they asked if I wanted to play inside. Plugged me into the house sound system and went for about an hour and a half.

And they asked me to come back :)

• Options
    KallistiKallisti Registered User regular
    Just moved into our new place and I'm frazzled, I'm terrible at change and accepting unforeseen situations. :|

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    It'll be rad, Kallisti! Don't you worries.

• Options
    KallistiKallisti Registered User regular
    The movers had holy thick Irish accents and right away I thought of Nightdragon and her trip. My guess is Dublin. One guy's accent was like wind through rushes and the other one's was really mumbly.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    hahaha yesssss excellent.

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    Kallisti wrote: »
    wind through rushes

I don't know what this means.
    Unless it means he sounded like multiple Geddy Lee clones with Irish accents that have caught a chill.

• Options
    ChrisharmenChrisharmen Registered User new member
    I am new to this forum.
    hi everyone

• Options
    vedettevedette Registered User regular
    bebarce wrote: »

I thought pokemon master is already release.

This discussion has been closed.