As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of Shield] Thread is under quarantine for potential Captain America 2 spoilers!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Comradebot wrote: »
    sam16 wrote: »
    So, Marvel's released a couple of images of Deathlok and they're, uhh:
    p4w6e6i.jpg
    8UD7FTw.jpg

The pants could be a little parachute-ier

Haha, I thought the same thing.

But thinking about it... you have a robot leg: would you really want to wear skinny jeans or tights? It would either:

A. Show everyone that you very clearly have a robot leg, and/or
    B. Cause your robotleg to constantly get caught in fabric

Really, he should just go with a pair of Zack Ryder style pants and show off the robot leg. I mean, what's the point in having a bitching robo-leg if you aren't showing everyone?

It makes you easier to identify.

Especially when an organization like SHIELD is on the look out for "dude with robot leg."

...you know, I'm surprised we haven't seen a "Deathlok Classic" trade announced. I guess the TV show isn't high enough profile.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    That defeats the point, IMO. Transitioning gives time to adapt, rather than being thrust into a complete transformation almost overnight.

Plus, like I said, calling him Deathlok NOW is what bugs me, not what will or will not happen in future episodes. :)
    Is anybody in-universe calling him that?
    I don't believe they have directly, but they've referred to the Deathlok project, and I'm pretty sure the cyber leg that Skye saw was labeled Deathlok.
    They've definitely dropped Dethlok in conversation more then once at any rate.

Right now, he's part of the Deathlok project, but if he keeps getting parts blown off and replaced, sooner or later he's going to start using his codename as his actual name.
    Speculation:
    Mike's going to be fighting it up to a point, but his son will get killed either to get at him, or in an accident he can blame on SHIELD. That'll push him right off the edge, probably to the point where he willingly lets them cut off/replace other parts to make him stronger so he can get his revenge.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I'm sure Mike will come around on the Deathlok project once they put an Auto 9 in his leg and give him a kickass theme song.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I'm sure Mike will come around on the Deathlok project once they put an Auto 9 in his leg and give him a kickass theme song.

I've always been of the katana and dubstep-metal school of cyborging, myself.

Leads to more enthusiasm. Also more spine removal, but eh. Details.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Constable Bob is moving up in the law enforcement world I see.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    People underestimate him at their peril.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Not great quality footage of the promo for the rest of the season.

http://th3dr01d.tumblr.com/post/80198145955/cynatnite-the-new-preview-of-agents-of-shield

Looks pretty awesome.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Not great quality footage of the promo for the rest of the season.

http://th3dr01d.tumblr.com/post/80198145955/cynatnite-the-new-preview-of-agents-of-shield

Looks pretty awesome.

The secret to the Clairvoyant is watching a lot of tv's at the same time.

Either that or he/she is watching March Madness.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Please, please, please, be Tim Blake Nelson.

I would just... it would be SO COOL.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Please, please, please, be Tim Blake Nelson.

I would just... it would be SO COOL.

I hope so too.

The one thing that makes me really sad about Hulk not getting a sequel is that they created The Leader, who is a fantastic villain, and it doesn't seem we'll ever see him again.

However, the creation of Agents of Shield is the perfect opportunity. He would be a great foil for Coulson's team. He has the mental abilities that fit the clairvoyant and he's a genius level intellect, which would explain some of the technology that Centipede has not to mention the quick work they did in taking Fitz' idea for the night night gun and upgrading the effect to make grenades out of.

it just makes too much sense. It all comes down to if Nelson is busy right now. What is he doing currently?

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Wild theory: the Clairvoyant is Claire Voyant, the original Black Widow.

Cue face-palms from the viewing audience!

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Hey, Marvel finally has the SHIELD schedule fixed. Oh, also Cap2 tie in thingy.
    Before the screening of upcoming episode "End of the Beginning" (airing April 1) that preceded the panel, show executive producer and head of Marvel television Jeph Loeb reminded the crowd at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood that "The Winter Soldier" is out on April 4, and suggested that viewers may see an impact as early as the April 8 episode. Loeb again addressed the issue during the panel itself, albeit in admittedly vague terms.

"We had an episode after 'Thor: The Dark World' where they were cleaning up in London after what happened in that movie, " Loeb said, also informing the crowd that the run of episodes starting April 1 will be seven installments uninterrupted by repeats, all the way through the first season finale. "So it would certainly not surprise anyone if things did happen that we'd mention in the show we're talking about."

Also, more panel stuff.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    kinda wish they had sorted this shit out for the uk release, we had cap 2 last night and now everything is out of sync.

but man is agents of shield about to get super fucking interesting. i suspect the post-cap2 episodes will not be as lame as the 5 seconds they spent with the post-dark world episode.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Apparently the cellist is
    Amy Acker, because Whedon I guess.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Apparently the cellist is
    Amy Acker, because Whedon I guess.

Yesssssssssssss!!!!

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    There is very little in this world that is not made better by more of that person.

So: squeeeeeeee.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Amy Acker is one of my favorite of the Whedonites.

mod edit: I think we're supposed to be spoilering that?

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    That's Whedon Actor #2. Ok Joss, where is Alan Tudyk?

Either way, this is fantastic news. I was hoping they'd introduce the Cellist.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Meh, whatever.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Yeah, Tudyk would make the show at least 38% more awesome.

I wager we'll get him at some point.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DredZedDredZed Registered User regular
    Calling it now:
    Tudyk will be the Clairvoyant.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    He's in the ABC Studios family, on Suburgatory.

I don't exactly know how it works, and it may be something as simple as agents (actor agents...not Shield agents...) having a good relationship with the studio, but a lot of times people stick with one network if they're just doing guest roles.

So yeah that was a very long way of saying between his great relationship with the showrunners and great relationship with the network, there's almost no doubt he'll show up someday.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    DredZed wrote: »
    Calling it now:
    And then it'll turn out that the Cellist has been brainwashed by the Clairvoyant to infiltrate SHIELD so that the Clairvoyant can take over the organization to avenge his creation by a secret SHIELD project and Joss Whedon will finally have his revenge!!!!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Calling it now:
    The Clairvoyant was Alpha all along!

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Calling it now:
    And then it'll turn out that the Cellist has been brainwashed by the Clairvoyant to infiltrate SHIELD so that the Clairvoyant can take over the organization to avenge his creation by a secret SHIELD project and Joss Whedon will finally have his revenge!!!!
    The Cellist will uncover a secret plan to leave the earth behind, recruits the Clairvoyant as the pilot and a best-selling mystery novelist as the captain.

• Options
    The whole show is just Bob Newhart dreaming about a snowglobe am I doing it right.

• Options
    Better version of the Uprising promo:

http://abc.go.com/embed/VDKA0_etvq82yy

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    The whole show is just Bob Newhart dreaming about a snowglobe am I doing it right.

it can't be a dream and a snowglobe! that's against the rules!!

i-zDwdx6W.jpg

• Options
    Watching that promo makes me feel better about my prediction that:
    The Clairvoyant is some kind of AI. The voice totally sounds machine-y. I guess it could just be someone with a jacked-up voicebox speaking Hawking-style, but AI is still my working theory.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    If the top never stops spinning, they're still in the Matrix.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    The Clairvoyant is some kind of AI. The voice totally sounds machine-y. I guess it could just be someone with a jacked-up voicebox speaking Hawking-style, but AI is still my working theory.

Holy shit,
    What if the Clairvoyant really is the MCU's version of MODOK, and MODOK is like some sort of Hawking-style genius in a chair, except enhanced. I mean, is that idea totally dumb as hell, or am I right to think that it's kinda cool?

I'd be down with that.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Tudyk as AlphaTaskmaster?
    am I doing it right.

Alsothenameofyoursextape

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    The Clairvoyant is the Machine from Person of Interest, and the cellist is Root.

It all fits.

Diplominator on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    The Clairvoyant is the Machine from Person of Interest, and the cellist is Root.

It all fits.
    The season ends with May and Ward joining Finch's team.

• Options
    FroThulhu wrote: »

Holy shit,
    What if the Clairvoyant really is the MCU's version of MODOK, and MODOK is like some sort of Hawking-style genius in a chair, except enhanced. I mean, is that idea totally dumb as hell, or am I right to think that it's kinda cool?

I'd be down with that.

I'm game, as long as they don't give him that name, because that name is poop from a butt. The idea of the character, though, is pretty cool.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    He's in the ABC Studios family, on Suburgatory.

I don't exactly know how it works, and it may be something as simple as agents (actor agents...not Shield agents...) having a good relationship with the studio, but a lot of times people stick with one network if they're just doing guest roles.

So yeah that was a very long way of saying between his great relationship with the showrunners and great relationship with the network, there's almost no doubt he'll show up someday.

He's actually no longer a series regular on that show, only recurring guest star.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »

Holy shit,

I'd be down with that.

I'm game, as long as they don't give him that name, because that name is poop from a butt. The idea of the character, though, is pretty cool.

Classic comic book name!
    Mechanized Organism Designed Only for Killing is clearly something everybody thinks should be a giant floating head with teeny-tiny little arms and legs.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
This discussion has been closed.