As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tiny [chat] is dreaming

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    hahahahahahaha
    We'e being reasonable and not ordering dinner anymore.
    brown bagging.
    saving stupid money and looking to lose weight.

So yeah, raz is doing a handful of nuts and a few craisins for breakfast and shows me. She asks how many calories are in nuts. I pull up the calorie info for Pecans.

"Wow. Pecans are assholes"

i recommend a digital food scale

http://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-Digital-Kitchen-Capacity-Stylish/dp/B003E7AZQA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1394678642&sr=8-4&keywords=food+scale

this is the one that- iirc- abd bought me as a gift! what a delightful northerner

you don't have to be a total data nerd and measure everything but i find it is super helpful for figuring out how much you're eating of a 'no fucking clue' sort of food- nuts, lunch meat, jerky, so on.

that's a weed scale, you reefer addict.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    brand new colony best song ever, discuss

so good

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    hahahahahahaha
    brown bagging.

So yeah, raz is doing a handful of nuts and a few craisins for breakfast and shows me. She asks how many calories are in nuts. I pull up the calorie info for Pecans.

http://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-Digital-Kitchen-Capacity-Stylish/dp/B003E7AZQA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1394678642&sr=8-4&keywords=food+scale

this is the one that- iirc- abd bought me as a gift! what a delightful northerner

you don't have to be a total data nerd and measure everything but i find it is super helpful for figuring out how much you're eating of a 'no fucking clue' sort of food- nuts, lunch meat, jerky, so on.

also if you get one that goes down to tenths of a gram, you can use it for

other things

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    msmya wrote: »
    Red label? I don't usually drink whiskey. I put ice in it but it didn't help that much

put a little bit of ginger ale in it.
    Red label has a touch of spice to it that the ginger compliments.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    hahahahahahaha
    brown bagging.

would also be excellent for baking

'baking'

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i bought a food scale on amazon and it fuckin just said ERR and i was too lazy to return it
    mine is awesome

accurate to 1 gram

I just realized I have no sense of grams.

I can tell you how much a kilogram is, roughly. And I can tell you much more precisely how much of some powdered substance is a milligram. But no idea for a gram.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I just bought it to get your address. I find it pays to keep track of the jews.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Wait no I totally know grams, nevermind >.>

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    grr

trying to redeem something on the uplay store and it's just ... not ... working. Keeps giving me a server error

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    i bought a food scale on amazon and it fuckin just said ERR and i was too lazy to return it
    mine is awesome

accurate to 1 gram

I can tell you how much a kilogram is, roughly. And I can tell you much more precisely how much of some powdered substance is a milligram. But no idea for a gram.

a gram is really small

pro-tip: one US nickel in good condition weighs almost exactly 5 grams

you can use this to calibrate "kitchen" scales

(or to test "kitchen" scales that somebody "accidentally" miscalibrated)

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    hahahahahahaha
    brown bagging.

There's more to healthy eating than counting calories. Especially if you're replacing something sugar laden with nuts. Because sugar is incredibly terrible for you. So don't go too crazy about stuff.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    mine is awesome

accurate to 1 gram

a gram is really small

pro-tip: one US nickel in good condition weighs almost exactly 5 grams

you can use this to calibrate "kitchen" scales

(or to test "kitchen" scales that somebody "accidentally" miscalibrated)

Bigger than a milligram!

Which is about what I'm used to weighing out, on a scale that can barely handle it.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    drugs guys

poo
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »
    msmya wrote: »
    Red label? I don't usually drink whiskey. I put ice in it but it didn't help that much

Oh yeah that is a little on the harsh side. More of a mixing whiskey, I'd say. Not something I'd drink straight. A splash of water, lemon, ice, and sugar would go a long way to making that more palatable.

I think Johnnie Walker actually tells people to only use it as a mixer. Then again, they're also trying to get people to buy as much of it as possible...

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    I feel bad when my coworker is giving up on something because he can't get it to work, and it works for me on the first try. :(

工事中
  • Options
    moniker wrote: »
    hahahahahahaha
    brown bagging.

There's more to healthy eating than counting calories. Especially if you're replacing something sugar laden with nuts. Because sugar is incredibly terrible for you. So don't go too crazy about stuff.

well, yeah. I've been eating like absolute shit for a few years.
    This is a huge improvement. I caught a lot of shit around here when I revealed that on lazy saturdays I order breakfast delivery.

• Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    Dammit Mazzy now you got me catching up on the last season of South Park.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Being the tireless resident weaboo that I am, I've begun venturing into some Korean webtoon stuff.

It's really good shit. 10/10 mWeabs, would recommend.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Wait no I totally know grams, nevermind >.>

hmm

okay

you can keep your job at the Carter for now

• Options
    If I gave up booze and grubhub and did absolutely nothing else, I'd probably drop 20 lubs in a year.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    brand new colony best song ever, discuss

i want 2 take u far

from da cynics in dis town

:(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    (╯°□°)╯︵ 054Psyduck.png

poo
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    you cannot use nickels to calibrate a milligram scale, no

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    guys

guys.

i can say in the six years since my break-up. I started. and finished. all of star trek TNG as of tonight.

progresssss

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Dammit Mazzy now you got me catching up on the last season of South Park.

I am watching season 4.

The old stuff is still amazing.

That and Cartman as revivalist preacher.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    chu

get to 275

before

i lose 5 lbs

u can do it

because i am only going up not down for now

poo
  • Options
    hahahahahahaha
    brown bagging.

This is a huge improvement. I caught a lot of shit around here when I revealed that on lazy saturdays I order breakfast delivery.

Yeah, I figure you realize all that. It's just that I know a few people who have gotten way too into treating weight loss as a game rather than as a shift to trying to be more healthy. So they'll eat a cupcake instead of a muffin or something because it has fewer calories. As if that's the only bit that matters.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    could someone try to access the uplay shop and see if it's loading?

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    Being the tireless resident weaboo that I am, I've begun venturing into some Korean webtoon stuff.

It's really good shit. 10/10 mWeabs, would recommend.
    recommend me some animus. my weeabooism is no longer in remission

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    @casual eddy the new st vincent album

i like it!

@eddy it was so good in concert soooo gooood

a guy in the audience shouted what we were all thinking

annie what are you doing, what are you doing to my heart annie

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

What if you want to weigh things on the basis of how many nickels they are?

• Options
    surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

What if you want to weigh things on the basis of how many nickels they are?
    you get one of these and continually add nickels to one side

balance-scale.jpg

• Options
    i prefer to use nickles and dimes so that way I get the most of out of my measurements

;-;

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i snorted 2 nickels of blow just now

• Options
    WHO WANTS TO PARTY

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    If I gave up booze and grubhub and did absolutely nothing else, I'd probably drop 20 lubs in a year.
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    I feel bad when my coworker is giving up on something because he can't get it to work, and it works for me on the first try. :(

all of my projects seem to be getting cancelled or put on hold but i have been getting really good, unsolicited, feedback from my peers.

would be cool if i got to do some meaningful work though.

• Options
    WHO WANTS TO PARTY

SEE YOU IN THE ER!

• Options
    god, save draft, why do you even

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    chu

get to 275

before

i lose 5 lbs

u can do it

because i am only going up not down for now

i am down to 294 already! excite. i have about 10 more lbs until i can shop at normal non big and tall places again!

• Options
    hahahahahahaha
    brown bagging.

Yeah, I figure you realize all that. It's just that I know a few people who have gotten way too into treating weight loss as a game rather than as a shift to trying to be more healthy. So they'll eat a cupcake instead of a muffin or something because it has fewer calories. As if that's the only bit that matters.

Muffins and turnovers are a lie bakers tell us to trick us into eating cake and pie for breakfast.

This discussion has been closed.