As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium Game 9 - Round 8: Game Over.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    The card would revert the planet to neutral if there are either 1 or 0 GFs on it. Your control of other planets in the system would be unaffected. You could reconquer the planet with your next action (providing you have available ships/troops, I haven't checked), but it would come back into your hand exhausted.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    The card would revert the planet to neutral if there are either 1 or 0 GFs on it. Your control of other planets in the system would be unaffected. You could reconquer the planet with your next action (providing you have available ships/troops, I haven't checked), but it would come back into your hand exhausted.

I'm confused because that if could be the same if twice.
    But if it's common knowledge that it's 1 or 0 reverts then I'm happy to read it that way.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh wait.. Transfer Actions don't allow neutral planet invasions :(

We will start the bribery of @El Skid at 1 TG.
    We will also end it there. Because we can't see the damage being any more than this.

discrider on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Yeah, 1 TG to use my card for a mere annoyance ain't gonna do it.

No Sabotage.

• Options
    That should be on to Muaat! @discrider

• Options
    Onto game theory while we wait... I don't think it's wrong to characterize the Muaat as the runaway leaders atm.

They have both warsuns out, control of Mecantol Rex, and contingent on both their neighbours apparently wanting to stay peaceful with them they are not really threatened.

If the Nekro Virus decided to attack it would change things (having seen their cards I can say they have more fleet power then it might seem), but otherwise Muaat are certainly in the strongest position right now.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    The Naalu action card goes through, and Lisis is exhausted and a Muaat Ground Force destroyed. As there are no more troops remaining in the planet, it reverts to neutral status.

discrider has the next action for Muaat.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    faintpremonitionfaintpremonition Registered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »
    Onto game theory while we wait... I don't think it's wrong to characterize the Muaat as the runaway leaders atm.

They have both warsuns out, control of Mecantol Rex, and contingent on both their neighbours apparently wanting to stay peaceful with them they are not really threatened.

If the Nekro Virus decided to attack it would change things (having seen their cards I can say they have more fleet power then it might seem), but otherwise Muaat are certainly in the strongest position right now.

Additionally they have fulfilled their secret objective. In my experience those 2 VPs are crucial to victory and not every player can assume they will be able to fulfill theirs. Some are laugably difficult just by defintion, others may become difficult based on board positions.

• Options
    On the other hand, everyone else has sunk their resources into less expensive and less glass-cannony fire-power, everyone else can claim their secret objective as well as a common objective when/if they get to claim it, making my 2VP lead nil, and Mentak has all their economy racial tech out. But, I've also not played this game before, so maybe this is all something that doesn't matter?

We ask all the diplomats to come back to Metacol Rex to discuss matters of enlightenment state.
    Play Assembly, and look at cards (@MrBlarney ) before claiming the token.
    Who has PCs they wish to force on everyone?

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    everyone else can claim their secret objective as well as a common objective when/if they get to claim it[/b][/color]

This is actually not a sure thing for the other players. About half the SOs require control of, or even a Space Dock on MR, and you're parked on it with a lot of ground troops and a death star. No matter how you approach it grabbing MR paints a bulls-eye on you. That's why it's in the middle.

• Options
    @Kirindal
    We're open to being bribed into giving you the Speaker token, assuming you're okay with second pick.

Otherwise, @faintpremonition @GrimmyTOA @El Skid @jakobagger , we're interested in ideas for making this universe a more complex one to live in.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I don't have any political cards.

• Options
    We should probably have checked that yes.

• Options
    You won't want anything from me...

• Options
    I have a law which generates more laws. It's awesome or terrible.

• Options
    Oh god. That sounds like the one they have in the other game. It's terrible in its awesomeness (after we vote on a PC we get a bonus PC turned over to vote on from the top of the deck).

It would certainly make the Xxcha's ability to veto PCs very useful...

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    The Nekro Virus thanks the Muaat for their consideration but must decline the honor. It's much more fun watching the flesh scramble around first. The Virus does have propositions for laws which will only make everyone's lives equally miserable.

• Options
    We like the sound of making everyone's lives more miserable, and would like to know why we have not received any such cards.
    We suspect it's just a reflection on the noted lack of subtlety we're known for.

@GrimmyTOA to say something about his cards before we fully commit to making more laws.

• Options
    The Virus would like to refrain from making prescriptive assumptions for it knows flesh can be touchy due to being ruled by its biochemical imbalances. The Virus though would suggest that one of its agenda is much more in the Muaat's favor regardless of which way the flesh decides, especially given the nature of the flesh's disagreements with the Muaat.

• Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »
    Oh god. That sounds like the one they have in the other game. It's terrible in its awesomeness (after we vote on a PC we get a bonus PC turned over to vote on from the top of the deck).

It would certainly make the Xxcha's ability to veto PCs very useful...

That law made our game almost impossible to plan in. It's fantastic!

• Options
    Kirindal wrote: »
    The Virus would like to refrain from making prescriptive assumptions for it knows flesh can be touchy due to being ruled by its biochemical imbalances. The Virus though would suggest that one of its agenda is much more in the Muaat's favor regardless of which way the flesh decides, especially given the nature of the flesh's disagreements with the Muaat.

Keep in mind, the "honor" of being selected for a law is really the Speaker telling you to give up 1 TG. Make sure it's a law you actually want to see happen (like my awesome politic spewing behemoth), otherwise it's losing you money!

• Options
    We do wonder if the Nekros are willing to part with the card to prevent more voting and thus loss of control as they cannot vote.
    Alternatively it is comparatively less horrible for them to play a very horrible card than it is to not vote twice per turn.
    We'd still like to hear @GrimmyTOA 's opinion before we move on, but this is the final opportunity.

• Options
    Well, we deny any knowledge of what may have happened to Grimmy's ambassador.
    Of the motions put forward, we find @Kirindal 's application to be the most intriguing.
    We claim the Speaker token, and ask him to present his completely awful motion which he is willing to force on everyone just to prevent more talking.

• Options
    Thank you, Embers of Muaat. As the delegates from the Yssaril Tribes have claimed rightfully or wrongfully [The Virus feels wrongfully] that the Virus is a threat to the galacitic community as a whole, the Virus would like to offer an opportunity to show that the Virus does not have any immediate designs to annihilate another despite how inefficiently the flesh runs things.

Therefore the Nekro Virus put forth the following proposal:
    Defensive Mobilizations.

Where if it is passed each player may take any number of friendly ships and move them back to their Home System. And if it is not, each player may take any number of friendly ships from their Home System and move them to 1 other friendly system they control.

• Options
    Defensive Mobilizations
    For: Each player may take any number of friendly units from any 1 system and place them in his Home System.
    Against: Each player may take any number of friendly units from his Home System and place them in 1 other friendly system he controls.

Votes Available
    The Yssaril Tribes: 14 votes
    The Mentak Coalition: 8 votes
    The Xxcha Kingdom: 9 votes
    The Naalu Collective: 8 votes
    The Nekro Virus: 0 votes
    The Embers of Muaat: 11 votes

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Do we need to wait on Xxcha to see if they want to veto?

• Options
    Yes indeed. @GrimmyTOA, you declaring interference?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Ack, sorry, the last few days spun waaay out of control. My apologies.

No Veto

• Options
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Hm, I think I'm missing two fighters on Moll Primus in the most recent map.

• Options
    I'm inclined to vote FOR, unless someone wishes to pay to use out influence otherwise...

• Options
    @MrBlarney , what happens if we try to move a Space Dock onto another Space Dock? Does it not happen, or does one get destroyed?

• Options
    edited June 2014
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Hm, I think I'm missing two fighters on Moll Primus in the most recent map.
    Whoops! Images have been corrected.
    MrBlarney , what happens if we try to move a Space Dock onto another Space Dock? Does it not happen, or does one get destroyed?
    As there is a maximum of one Space Dock per world, the action cannot be performed. Similar applies for PDS units, limited to one two per world.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Well, since theres been no attempt to sway our vote and I want to keep the game moving, I'll tentatively put in a FOR vote for the Yssaril.

This format is hard for those who wan to deal, sadly :(

If someone didnt get a chance to respond and wants to bribe us, please get that in before the next finalized vote

• Options
    AGAINST

But I don't think it's really important enough to me for any sorts of deals. We'll see how it goes.

• Options
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    MrBlarney , what happens if we try to move a Space Dock onto another Space Dock? Does it not happen, or does one get destroyed?
    As there is a maximum of one Space Dock per world, the action cannot be performed. Similar applies for PDS units, limited to one per world.

Isn't the limit on PDS units 2 per world?

• Options
    Yes, it is. I thought I wrote two, but it appears that I wrote one instead. Strange.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Am I the only one left to vote?

I... uh... I'm not sure which I prefer.

Vote FOR, but only because outside -> in seems more peaceful. I guess. This could be an interesting card for people who've lost their home systems, I suppose.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    @faintpremonition‌
    And no you aren't Grimmy, but I'm sticking to the order because I don't know what way I want to vote yet.