As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Wild Pinny Arcade Pin Appears! - Table Titans Kickstarter gets exclusive pin!

13»

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    surette wrote: »
    Can't believe people went just for the pin, when I heard Acq Inc was going to be at East it was instantly my most anticipated part of the weekend. The pin was icing. :)

What's so hard to believe about going just for the pin? When people are dropping in excess of seventeen hundred dollars for a single pin why would going to a panel for a pin come as any surprise at all? I'll be the first to admit, I probably wouldn't have gone to the AI panel had it not been for the pin. Granted, I'm glad I went. But that pin is what got me in the door.

• QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    There are people who love D&D and celebrate it without being fans of AI, or hell probably even Penny Arcade. I met several people who had didn't even know what PAX stands for. I was third in line in the queue room, because of a superfecta of fanboy-dom. D&D, AI, Penny Arcade, and dat pin!

• surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Imsorad wrote: »
    What's so hard to believe about going just for the pin? When people are dropping in excess of seventeen hundred dollars for a single pin why would going to a panel for a pin come as any surprise at all? I'll be the first to admit, I probably wouldn't have gone to the AI panel had it not been for the pin. Granted, I'm glad I went. But that pin is what got me in the door.
    I just assume people who are pin pals are big fans of Penny Arcade, and thus are aware of/are fans of their projects such as Acquisitions Inc. I mean, I don't think I've known anyone who's listened to the podcasts and didn't enjoy them. And I'd find it hard to believe that people who are huge pin collectors are not also huge fans of PA, seems weird to devote so much time/money into a subculture of something you're not a fan of.

but hey, maybe I'm just totally off base.

surette on
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    surette wrote: »
    Imsorad wrote: »
    I just assume people who are pin pals are big fans of Penny Arcade, and thus are aware of/are fans of their projects such as Acquisitions Inc. I mean, I don't think I've known anyone who's listened to the podcasts and didn't enjoy them. And I'd find it hard to believe that people who are huge pin collectors are not also huge fans of PA, seems weird to devote so much time/money into a subculture of something you're not a fan of.

but hey, maybe I'm just totally off base.

Many people are grabbing the Pins because they like the games, or like the idea of PAX memorabilia. It's similar to how Mike and Jerry will talk about something in the newsposts for a month, and then run into a fan of the site that has no idea about Thornwatch, or Sand. Not everyone reads the comics from the site (they get them via other readers, or from other sites) and so they don't read the newsposts. PAX attendees go because it's a gaming convention, and they don't know what the letters stand for. They may think that the Pinny Arcade name is just a reference to Pins and arcade games.

There are undoubtedly WotC fans who love D&D but don't listen to the podcasts. Some will have wanted the Pin but not been aware that AI exists, and can overrun. Between PAX, PA, AI, WotC and Pin Collectors you can make some complex Venn diagrams where people are in 1-5 groups.