As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokecrawl Episode 5: The Spell of the Unown

• Options
    VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    Team Yellow White! LETS GOOOOO <3

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • Options
    ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    Me 'n my buddy are gunning for Green-Black. Can't wait!

3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
  • Options
    bnarobnaro Registered User regular
    PAX tickets sold out well before I could get any, so I'm VERY sad to say I will not be able to attend the Pokecrawl this year, nor will I be making a video (as previously posted in this thread) or doing a shot with Steve (a dude I met at my first Pokecrawl, and have only spoken to at Pokecrawls—it had become a tradition).

I'm supremely jealous for those of you that are attending...drink one (or many) for me.

• Options
    LevelUpLadyLevelUpLady Registered User regular
    this will be my first PokeCrawl (and PaxEast) so very excited to see what all the hoohaw is about :)

• Options
    Cassie1400Cassie1400 Registered User new member
    YAY!!! So excited!! I cannot wait for this year's Pokecrawl.

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    This is the only i care about, very excited! BLUE TEAM!

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I guess my Blue Silver equivalent is Blue White... so that it is! (Though either blue is good by me I guess).

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I'm going to miss out again this year since my flight won't be getting in until late Thursday :(
    I'll be with you in spirit Blue Silver White!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    I guess my Blue Silver equivalent is Blue White... so that it is! (Though either blue is good by me I guess).

Blue Silver is now Blue White.

It's the best team and everyone should join it.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    RastRast Keene NHRegistered User regular
    bnaro wrote: »
    PAX tickets sold out well before I could get any, so I'm VERY sad to say I will not be able to attend the Pokecrawl this year, nor will I be making a video (as previously posted in this thread) or doing a shot with Steve (a dude I met at my first Pokecrawl, and have only spoken to at Pokecrawls—it had become a tradition).

I'm supremely jealous for those of you that are attending...drink one (or many) for me.

On it. Sorry you didn't get tickets man. You will be missed...

Pax East 2015: Hotel [X] Passes [X] PokeCrawl [ ] Pure Joy [X]
  • Options
    chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    This is my first PAX and hopefully my first pokecrawl. I'll be aiming for team green, but whatever color I'm wearing, I plan on catching 'em all and getting goofy drunk. See you all there!

• Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    My liver is *not* ready!

But myself (white) and deliciouspi (black) will be back spearheading Team Green for the 3rd year in a row. There will be a lot of giveaways, tasty treats, and fun times for all!

PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    Rose_TylerRose_Tyler Ocean Township, NJRegistered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    Also should the teams be even cause looking at the group pages now if those are accurate yellow has about the amount of the other 3 teams combined lol

Team yellow had an existing Facebook group from last year, so they already had quite a few members. Blue silver also had a page, I think, but we made one for the whole blue team this year.

No matter what team has their tickets sell out first or last, every team has a lot of fun. And most importantly, raises money for Child's Play. The teams usually auction off a few things throughout the night or at the last bar, and some sell cookies or hats etc along the way to help raise money. The minimum donation at the door to get your pin and scorecard is a dollar, but we hope everyone can contribute more to help support such an awesome charity.

Nurse Joy - team Red Gold 2012 - team Yellow Gold 2013 and 2014
    Pokecrawl planning committee 2014
  • Options
    codefinder64codefinder64 Registered User new member
    Hey! 5th PAXEast? Or 6th? I've been to all of the Easts. Anyway, Got some questions! Super excited for this, and don't want to miss out. Do the tickets go on sale at 12:00am on the 21st? Or at like 10?

Also, what exactly is the difference between the black/white teams? You're all still team blue/red/yellow/green right?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if it's all written somewhere and I missed it!

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Hey! 5th PAXEast? Or 6th? I've been to all of the Easts. Anyway, Got some questions! Super excited for this, and don't want to miss out. Do the tickets go on sale at 12:00am on the 21st? Or at like 10?

Also, what exactly is the difference between the black/white teams? You're all still team blue/red/yellow/green right?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if it's all written somewhere and I missed it!

If you're on Blue Black you go up against the opponent white teams (Red/Yellow/Green). Essentially the black/white within each color just splits your overall team in half. The first/last bars you are with your entire team however.

• Options
    mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    First PAX East for me, and thus first pokecrawl... So the color of teams doesn't matter terribly much, then? Good. I'll let my +1 pick, as I don't much care which color... But I do second the question of what time the tickets will open up.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • Options
    FugitoidFugitoid New York, USARegistered User regular
    With regards to "What team should I join?" "what's the difference between colors?" There is little significance to your team color, it is the element and color of your teams mascot pokemon, like choosing a starter. Blue-water, red-fire. green-grass, and yellow-electric. each team will start with their matching team (ex: blue white and blue black) then meet one team of each color throughout the night. The most important part about teams is if you want to drink and stay with friends, be sure to sign up for the same team.

• Options

Blue Silver is now Blue White.

It's the best team and everyone should join it.

you may be right, but I think only 50 people should join it, we need rivals too.

• Options
    First PAX East for me, and thus first pokecrawl... So the color of teams doesn't matter terribly much, then? Good. I'll let my +1 pick, as I don't much care which color... But I do second the question of what time the tickets will open up.

Registration opens at noon. Spots go quick, or have in the past, so you'll want to hit eventbrite shortly after noon.

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    So it really does not matter if you are green white or green black then correct

• Options

It depends. If all your friends are on green white and you're on green black, you'll only see them at the first and last bars. The black and white teams also have different professors. But no, no matter which team you pick, you will drink plenty and enjoy your evening.

• Options
    smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I would love to be a Nurse Joy for team Green-White!!

• Options
    smorggie wrote: »
    I would love to be a Nurse Joy for team Green-White!!

Great! Can you go ahead and message me your email and phone number? I'll get you in touch with the rest of the team when I get the chance.

• Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    Changing things up this year and swapping from blue silver to green white. +5 green white (presuming 3 of my friends arent fail and dont miss sign ups).

• Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    Hello All - I'll be reaching out to folks who volunteered to fill in leadership! Expect messages from me tomorrow/Monday to finalize things.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    EchoZero wrote: »
    Changing things up this year and swapping from blue silver to green white. +5 green white (presuming 3 of my friends arent fail and dont miss sign ups).
    Blue white will miss you and your liver.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I'm going to miss out again this year since my flight won't be getting in until late Thursday :(
    I'll be with you in spirit Blue Silver White!

GOOD. You would've joined on the wrong team anyway. #TeamGreen

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular

Green-Black is the greatest team that ever was or will be by letting the most savage trainers into our ranks. Also Delicious3.14, Tryfan, and myself got it goin on. (Green-White is okay I guess)

• Options
    Can't we all just get along? We are all coming together for the same reasons, to celebrate pokemon and the destruction of our livers.

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Er, dumb question, but when does reg. start on friday? At midnight or at some (potentially deliberately) unannounced time during the day?

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    Rose_Tyler wrote: »

Registration opens at noon. Spots go quick, or have in the past, so you'll want to hit eventbrite shortly after noon.

:smile: Answered earlier! I know I'll be sitting at my computer when the clock strikes 11:59 :smile:

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
  • Options
    Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    Renneesme wrote: »
    Rose_Tyler wrote: »

:smile: Answered earlier! I know I'll be sitting at my computer when the clock strikes 11:59 :smile:

Guarantee yourselves a spot, volunteer! :)

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Ah, excellent. Will have EB ready to be refreshed then.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    I plan on being green/black unfortunatly I have to work friday during the day. I work 1130-4 just wondering what the chances are of there still being slots at 4pm. Is this something that someone else could sign me up for if I gave them my info.

• Options
    KeasbeyKeasbey Registered User new member
    If Blue Silver is Blue White, am I therefore correct in assuming Yellow Black is this years Yellow Gold? ...because I really want to be on yellow gold again.

• Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    Keasbey wrote: »
    If Blue Silver is Blue White, am I therefore correct in assuming Yellow Black is this years Yellow Gold? ...because I really want to be on yellow gold again.

That is correct.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    How quickly do tickets go and is this something anyone can get my ticket for me as long as I give them my info. need to figure out if i need to make those arrangments or not since I work when they go live

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think there will still be space, but I could be wrong. Some teams fill up really quick but usually the others take a little while.

• Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    How quickly do tickets go and is this something anyone can get my ticket for me as long as I give them my info. need to figure out if i need to make those arrangments or not since I work when they go live

There's no telling for sure. In the past there's always a few teams that sell out almost immediately but there's one or two have tickets available for awhile longer. I wouldn't count on there being a ton left at 4, especially if you're need to register more than 1 or 2 people. On the brightside, if people can't go and un-register then that ticket will go back in the pool for anyone to grab.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    lexmarielexmarie Registered User new member
    My flight isn't getting in until after 8pm. Are people allowed to come late? I reeeaaaallly want to go! Everyone made this sound like it was so much fun last year.

This discussion has been closed.