As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fall of [Chat]

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    friend's apartment

they made a ton of hors d'oeuvres since they were celebrating some generic bourgeois thing

i was the only one eating them -.-

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Eddy please give me lessons in how to be as cool as you

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    i live in a hovel compared to that

this is unacceptable

my class anxieties have flared up and now i must purchase the most expensive possible bottle of scotch

edit: and drink it in front of someone poorer than I

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    friend's apartment

they made a ton of hors d'oeuvres since they were celebrating some generic bourgeois thing

wat were they

were they the shit fancy ones or the awesome delicious ones

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/gallery/1ySBn

This is very cool

@Abdhyius in particular

Fricken' birds. They always get to see the best things.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    hi @desc i went to REI too today

hm had 60 bucks in dividends there which was nice

poo
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    v4nugO4l.jpg

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Zzzzzz

• Options
    I went clothes shopping yesterday and bought nothing because while my confidence and self esteem have improved since I came back from Japan, I am still incapable of looking at myself in new clothing and thinking that I look anything close to "good" in them

party party

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    hi @desc i went to REI too today

hm had 60 bucks in dividends there which was nice

I have $40 but they sent out a $20 off a $50+ thing last week too

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    desc i am indeed making a jam

jake told me to cover kimbra's "come into my head" and i am trying to get this blues cover right

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I went clothes shopping yesterday and bought nothing because while my confidence and self esteem have improved since I came back from Japan, I am still incapable of looking at myself in new clothing and thinking that I look anything close to "good" in them

party party

Simon, just ask yourself. What would Cinders do?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    friend's apartment

wat were they

half of them were shite - grape tomatoes, mozz, and all that nonsense

the other half were populist and quite good - the thing i am eating is grilled chicken with ranch done to the hilt

pulling back my cuff to really get the whole thing drenched in ranch

Eddy on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    friend's apartment

Seems like someone failed to live up to the norms of generic bourgeois things.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc i am indeed making a jam

jake told me to cover kimbra's "come into my head" and i am trying to get this blues cover right

Record it so that I may sample it :3

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »

party party

Simon, just ask yourself. What would Cinders do?

lemme see if my mother has any leftover estrogen from her menopause

• Options
    Good

Good

• Options
    moniker wrote: »
    msmya wrote: »
    Today has just been the shittiest day. I don't even know what to do anymore and I can't stop crying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FkW2D5n8Ns

what an immortal video

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    friend's apartment

wat were they

half of them were shite - grape tomatoes, mozz, and all that nonsense

the other half were populist and quite good - the thing i am eating is grilled chicken with ranch done to the hilt

pulling back my cuff to really get the whole thing drenched in ranch

excellent fight the good fight show those fucks that they cannot trick a true ranch devotee

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    A friend of mine just shared an awesome D&D story. So I'm sharing with you all.
    Funny story from today's D&D session! We're in this town, looking for the mayor as there's a plague to be cured and we want to haggle a reward. We find the town hall, but the party leader dumb viking logics that a proper mayor would sit in the largest room, so we can't find the mayor. Our cleric, who is autistic and only speaks in single words, finds a small room, where the mayor is sitting. So he starts talking to him. "Disease?" The mayor is confused, and as the cleric gets more pushy he starts feeling threatened, so he grabs a letter opener to defend himself. Just then, the rest of the party walks in. The viking sees the cleric being threatened, immediately enters a berserker rage and rips the mayor apart. I quickly order the cleric to do his healy things to keep the mayor alive. Stunned with with major chest wounds the mayor asks what the hell just happened. Cleric says: "Bear." Rolls a natural 20 on the bluff check. The party is rewarded for saving the mayor from a savage bear attack.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    Today has just been the shittiest day. I don't even know what to do anymore and I can't stop crying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FkW2D5n8Ns

what an immortal video

I have it bookmarked. It always cheers me up when I need to.

• Options
    friend's apartment

Yes but Eddy - excuse me, Young Master Eddy - I'm remembering correctly about there being a young heiress you had ought to have a baby with if you know what's good for you, right?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Mage vs mage. This is going to be thrilling.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    henroid i like the gimmick with the cleric

sig.gif
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    friend's apartment

Yes but Eddy - excuse me, Young Master Eddy - I'm remembering correctly about there being a young heiress you had ought to have a baby with if you know what's good for you, right?

The mission of each true knight, his duty — nay — his privilege...
    To dream the impossible dream
    To love pure and chaste from afar

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    henroid i like the gimmick with the cleric

I wish I could take credit for it.

• Options
    friend's apartment

The mission of each true knight, his duty — nay — his privilege...
    To dream the impossible dream
    To love pure and chaste from afar

*wipes a single chaste tear*

• Options
    the molotov cocktail is my waifu

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    there is a place in town that had some nice shirts in my size. I should buy things to fill an emotional void!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    My dad became very close friends during undergrad with the scion of some family that, apparently, collects money most of the times that someone buys gasoline in America.

My dad has five sons and his friend has five daughters, all of us pretty much in the same age range.

Why he never thought to introduce us all to each other and at least create the chance that our family would marry into that money is beyond me, buuuuuuuut I guess I'll settle for ending up married to my darling wife.

kedinik on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    My dad became very close friends during undergrad with the scion of some family that, apparently, collects money most of the times that someone buys gasoline in America.

My dad has five sons and his friend has five daughters, all of us pretty much in the same age range.

Why he never thought to introduce us all to each other and at least create the chance that our family would marry into that money is beyond me, buuuuuuuut I guess I'll settle for ending up married to my darling wife.

I can take your place.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I like cookies. Cookies are too good.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    man i got a call to go out

but i'm already a little bit drunk

and i don't want to drive like that then drink more then drive home

booo places that require driving long distances to do anything.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

I can take your place.

"Yes, dad?

It's time to make the call.

My internet friend wants some of that oil money."

• Options
    I'd offer to marry a rich scion, but I'm pretty sure the universe has a rule that everyone I meet is already in a relationship.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/pa746.pdf
    The state-by-state results of this investigation are reported in the subsections that follow, but the overall picture can be summarized in a single value: 0.075. That is the correlation between the spending and academic performance changes of the past 40 years, for all 50 states ... he 0.075 figure reported here suggests that there is essentially no link between state education spending (which has exploded) and the performance of students at the end of high school (which has generally stagnated or declined).

It was a mistake to invest in our nation's young people. We would have been better off investing in our military and conquering/enslaving a country full of smart people to do all the math we need done.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular

I'm sad that these last few weeks have been so shitty for you I have that whole 'save the helpless' habit which tends to be a bitch to deal with when most people aren't helpless just need support.

What I'm trying to say is I hope somehow things get better for you and if we lived near each other I'd probably annoy the fuck outta ya trying to fix your problems. But I think there is a way you can get things going your way without help so hang in there mya.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    0z893ux.jpg?1

• Options
    Linking to the Cato institute?

Fucking really?

This discussion has been closed.