As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Fractions

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Abdhy office politics sadly are a thing that exists and can actually fuck up your career and thus life.

There are like, eight people I work with that are in relationships with other people in our office

Four of them are married

Unless someone is someone else's boss it isn't a problem

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    a friend wants to go to the gym with me tomorrow

eh, I am all for helping people out with he wants to make it a thing

and I am enjoying doing this myself

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    yeah why would inkdipping instantly mean bad juju on the office politics front

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    So I bought Diablo III + Reaper of Souls in a compromised state because I justified how much cheaper the combo would be.

I am playing it so much. I am a lady monk and I'm just ruining fools.

I forgot how satisfying this genre is.

Reaper of Souls fixed so much. It is the Dungeon Crawler I always wanted.

I was playing a Crusader, and it's pretty cool, but I was getting frustrated with feeling like I was always just waiting for cooldowns. I'd played all the other classes except Wizard, so I started one.

Oh my god Wizards are so broken.

I started playing on the Americas (All my stuff is on the European servers because the guys I used to play with were there), so I'm starting from scratch. No gems, gold, banner unlocks, nothing, and on hard I killed Maghda in 8 seconds.

This is how much I know about Crusader:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8WIqQgd2p0

(Except that I also know about their monkeygrip on big weapons.)

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

It's like smoking at the gas station man. Chances are you won't blow the block up, but you really want to roll those dice?

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh shit Quid

Same thing here

It was not that cold and not snowing like, thirty minutes ago, now it's coming down hard what the fuck

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Thinking about it, given there are less than a hundred people in my office that's quite a proportion, I know there are more that I'm not thinking of right now.

Hooray for niche industries and low staff turnover, I suppose.

japan on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Abdhy office politics sadly are a thing that exists and can actually fuck up your career and thus life.

There are like, eight people I work with that are in relationships with other people in our office

Four of them are married

Unless someone is someone else's boss it isn't a problem

It can absolutely work out

The problems often come from it not working out, especially if it ends poorly or as you mentioned the boss thing (although that's a pretty terrible idea from the get go)

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    in my experience, dating a coworker is a bad idea

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Holy shit is that Cerberus in the second photo?

Are you raising a mythological beast!?

The breeding went all wrong and I only managed to get one with two heads...

Next time though... next time..

That is Orthrus, dummy.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    The whole reason I was out in the first place was because it was a coworkers birthday. So I was hanging out with other coworkers around my age.

And they are all hopefully coming out again next week for my birthday :3

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    LOL

10 guy best meme

gR4eFQz.jpg

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I've seen the office romance cut both ways. It's a thing that has to be done with measured approach.

Chasing after a temporary physical situation in the workplace is always a bad idea.

However, if both people really getting along and the they're both reasonably mature, then it might be an OK thing to try and make a go of it.

• Options
    For the record msmya if he's on a different shift so you two don't actively work together?

Borderline enough

get you some gurl

• Options
    Also all the boys gave me hugs when they left.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I think I would only start an office romance if I wanted the romance more than the job

sig.gif
  • Options
    So me an another guy coworker , if we hun out just the two of us is this a date or just two people hanging out. How do you make this not awkward.

• Options
    msmya wrote: »
    So me an another guy coworker , if we hun out just the two of us is this a date or just two people hanging out. How do you make this not awkward.

I was going to say by not over thinking it but I suspect we may have crossed that bridge already :P

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Also all the boys gave me hugs when they left.

Myas hugs bring all the boys to the yard

Damn right, they're better than yours

• Options
    For the record msmya if he's on a different shift so you two don't actively work together?

Borderline enough

get you some gurl

Yeah but a bunch of people have moved from days to nights and nights to days and shifted their work schedules.

It's such a common thing that I wouldn't be surprised if like 6 months or a year from now we end up on the same shift

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I was going to say by not over thinking it but I suspect we may have crossed that bridge already :P

Now that you control both ends, I would put demolition charges on it so you can collapse it in the event the enemy forces a retreat.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

Now that you control both ends, I would put demolition charges on it so you can collapse it in the event the enemy forces a retreat.

I like the way you think

• Options

It's like smoking at the gas station man. Chances are you won't blow the block up, but you really want to roll those dice?

I worked at a gas station and we smoked all the time so funny to use that metaphor

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Casual wrote: »

I like the way you think

All's scorched earth in love and war.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    u guys are making me want to pick up d3 xpac

jerks!

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

I worked at a gas station and we smoked all the time so funny to use that metaphor

you are the embodiment of ridiculousness.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014

Hahahah I love it.

gah feckking drafts.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options

Borderline enough

get you some gurl

Yeah but a bunch of people have moved from days to nights and nights to days and shifted their work schedules.

It's such a common thing that I wouldn't be surprised if like 6 months or a year from now we end up on the same shift

Yeah but you know who that sounds like a problem for?

future msmya

And lets be honest has she ever traveled back in time with super secret stock tips for you even once?

• Options
    (but yeah for reals that's a valid concern)

• Options

Borderline enough

get you some gurl

Yeah but you know who that sounds like a problem for?

future msmya

And lets be honest has she ever traveled back in time with super secret stock tips for you even once?

She's probably too busy sleeping with cute guys from work to bother herself with past Mya.

I'm surprised more time travel plots aren't based on this actually.

• Options

Reminds me of the time I pulled up at some tiny petrol station out in the sticks and pulled out my phone to check a text

The crazy geriatric lady behind the counter came running out bawling like I was playing with a hand grenade

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

jerks!

I am broke until next month, but I reinstalled D3 and have been having fun with it again.

Of course, I am one of the people who enjoyed D3 from the start, so yeah....

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

jerks!

I am broke until next month, but I reinstalled D3 and have been having fun with it again.

Good thing next month is Tuesday!

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    So I bought Diablo III + Reaper of Souls in a compromised state because I justified how much cheaper the combo would be.

I am playing it so much. I am a lady monk and I'm just ruining fools.

I forgot how satisfying this genre is.

Reaper of Souls fixed so much. It is the Dungeon Crawler I always wanted.

I was playing a Crusader, and it's pretty cool, but I was getting frustrated with feeling like I was always just waiting for cooldowns. I'd played all the other classes except Wizard, so I started one.

Oh my god Wizards are so broken.

I started playing on the Americas (All my stuff is on the European servers because the guys I used to play with were there), so I'm starting from scratch. No gems, gold, banner unlocks, nothing, and on hard I killed Maghda in 8 seconds.

I played some of the trial as Barbarian and though it was fun just cleaving my way through the hordes, it didn't seem that dynamic or attention-grabbing.

I switched to the monk and am having a fantastic time. Stringing together the monk's abilities so that you teleport into the center of a mob, stun them and then do the monk's teleport attack just causes one giant mob explosion. You don't even have to click!

I do think playing the demo may have given me a huge leg up. I ended up 2-3 levels past the mark since I had to play the opening segment again with my imported monk (I was bummed they don't just let you continue the plot but whatever). I'm not looking for Dark Souls levels of challenge and I'm just having a good time, but I'm in Act 2 and I've only taken a remotely precarious amount of damage maybe 3 times in the whole game so far. No boss fight has lasted more than 20-30 seconds.

I'm sure I'll burn myself out a bit, but I'm actually pretty stoked to circle back through with another class. I'm thinking I may go Witch Doctor next.

Overall about how long is DIII+Reaper of Souls campaign? I'm sure if I feel comfortable enough I'll jump into some online but with companions and stuff I'm super content just fucking around in the single player for now.

Probably 15-20 hours, I think. The end-game Adventure Mode can absolutely be played single player, so you can do that as long as you want.

D3 is better with people, though, which is why I moved to the Americas. Hopefully I can start playing with some D&D peeps.

EDIT: I'd recommend upping the difficulty to hard at least. Bonus XP, and it's not that hard. More after that is up to you as the XP bonus isn't quite as large from hard to whatever is next.

Then there's Master and the Torment I - VI. The Torment levels are very difficult, so don't worry about running out of a challenge. Torment VI is pretty much for ultra geared parties only.

The Paragon levels are infinite as well. No cap.

my name battle.net name is also stevemarks44

Let me get some more hours in and then maybe we can join and play for some multi fun. I'd be down to get a D&D group going.

Honestly the only reason I avoid multi in games like this is because I just like to have fun. I don't usually read optimum builds or strats. I just do whatever I am enjoying most and build a character the coolest way I can think of. Since a lot of people take games like this as srs bsns, I tend to avoid as I'd rather not negatively impact anyone's game due to inexperience/lack of hardcore dedication.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

jerks!

Good thing next month is Tuesday!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    relationships are a bad idea in general no good can come of them

• Options
    obviously we didn't take our smoke breaks anywhere near the pumps but it was still p amusing that you'd pick that metaphor

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgTQglGvNUs

FINALLY

I'VE BEEN WAITING MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    relationships are a bad idea in general no good can come of them

false, babies

#breeders4lyfe

This discussion has been closed.