As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Fractions

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    OH, BTW, remember this team i screwed over because i maliciously scheduled my contribution to their big assignment on the day i left for PAX?

We managed reschedule.

B)

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    OH, BTW, remember this team i screwed over because i maliciously scheduled my contribution to their big assignment on the day i left for PAX?

We managed reschedule.

B)

You're grounded.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    @Abdhyius there's ANOTHER Cults album?! Ahmygawd! How did I not know aaaah.

You have made my motherflipping day man!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I just found a crazy subreddit.

Its pretty much botched boobjobs, i feel bad for the people who get butchered by these doctors.
    a fun game is to search "nsfw subreddits", look at list with the highest growth over the last 24 hours and go "what in the fuck, people?"

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius there's ANOTHER Cults album?! Ahmygawd! How did I not know aaaah.

You have made my motherflipping day man!

I live to serve, sahab.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    This song somehow gets in my head a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XASYGn_2nc

Dunno why. i like it, i guess.

• Options
    21st, get El-Shadd ascension of the metatron.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I feel like Rebecca Hall is super believable in scientist roles for me.

Like, she just looks/acts like a woman you'd actually see sitting behind a lab bench.

She reminds me a lot of actual post-docs that I've worked with.

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »

it's been on my wishlist since it came out.

Just never got around to getting it because I already have too many games. and more games keep coming out.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    ew, a french song

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    ew, a french song
    Quebec

• Options
    ew, a french song

Ew, an Englishman's opinion.

• Options
    ew, a french song

Irish

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Aw. No more Leverage.

• Options
    ew, a french song

Irish

(I know, i wanted to be extra mean about it)

(Irishmen don't like being called Englishmen, right?)

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Ew I'm so disgusting I still haven't left my bed yet today.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I am liking this. I need to hear it in my car. But I am liking it.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    im intrigued by this liars album solely because of the cover art

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    msmya wrote: »

false, you are just having a jammie day as kiddoroar would say

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I wonder how much of Noah is made up

100%

I know that it's 100% made up, just... what parts of it were made up by Aronofski and what parts where made up by ancient Semitics tripping on hallucinatory drugs.

You know you could read the source material...

It isn't that long, but is very weird. And is actually has two versions of the same-ish story spliced together.

A large portion of the tale is devoted to Noah rolling around drunk and naked in front of his sons.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

Shivahn and I were discussing this in chat not 24 hours ago.

Chat remains every cyclic.

• Options
    I remember reading a great short story about a pregnant prostitute sneaking on board the ark. She and her sinner spawn are the reason things are still all fucked up FYI.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Aw. No more Leverage.

The show so completely jumped the shark at the end of the third season anyway.

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Shivahn and I were discussing this in chat not 24 hours ago.

Chat remains every cyclic.

Huh I didn't know anyone else here played it. Such a trippy game.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Feet are such bullshit. Well at least mine are. I guess standing for hours a day with cheap shoes is not good for them.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    msmya wrote: »

who gets out of bed on sunday?

boring people, that's who

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Actually, watching the Transcendence trailer again, I think it's possible the AI may be the good guy and the trailer is just intentionally misleading.

Because at the beginning it's established that there's like an anti-tech terrorist organization.

If you figure that the writer would most likely be writing about post-humanism because he is a post-humanist (it's not really a mainstream concept and like all the stuff that shows up in the trailer are things post-humanists are all about), then Luddites are probably the actual enemy, and he's going for a reversal on the usual scifi tropes. This would be pretty consistent with, like, Kurzweil, where he sees himself as being persecuted by people who are afraid of technology.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Feet are such bullshit. Well at least mine are. I guess standing for hours a day with cheap shoes is not good for them.

spending the money on quality shoes is pretty much as important as brushing your teeth regularly

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »

spending the money on quality shoes is pretty much as important as brushing your teeth regularly

Old adage about things that separate you from the ground. Shoes. Beds. Tires. That sort of thing. Buy 'em good.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    LoL anyone?

• Options

100%

I know that it's 100% made up, just... what parts of it were made up by Aronofski and what parts where made up by ancient Semitics tripping on hallucinatory drugs.

It isn't that long, but is very weird. And is actually has two versions of the same-ish story spliced together.

A large portion of the tale is devoted to Noah rolling around drunk and naked in front of his sons.

Oh look, another person trying to get me to read The Bible *rolls eyes*.

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

100%

i would read the bible if it stopped bursting into flames whenever i touch one.

• Options
    come on winky

just a few pages

wwjd

wait forget i said that

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Actually, watching the Transcendence trailer again, I think it's possible the AI may be the good guy and the trailer is just intentionally misleading.

Because at the beginning it's established that there's like an anti-tech terrorist organization.

If you figure that the writer would most likely be writing about post-humanism because he is a post-humanist (it's not really a mainstream concept and like all the stuff that shows up in the trailer are things post-humanists are all about), then Luddites are probably the actual enemy, and he's going for a reversal on the usual scifi tropes. This would be pretty consistent with, like, Kurzweil, where he sees himself as being persecuted by people who are afraid of technology.

This just made me think of Stand Alone Complex.
    The scene where the Tachikomas achieve real sentience at the same moment as deciding to sacrifice themselves for Bateau (I think it was Bateau) was some of the best writing I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing about (I guess) post humanism.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    And I don't know how sexy I can moan.

get a friend and practice :winky:

I'm trying! It's hard.

Well, that's step one.

;)

Atomika on
  • Options

100%

Book of Enoch isn't in the bible.

• Options

100%

Book of Enoch isn't in the bible.

Pfft, so you want me to read a story that wasn't even good enough to make it into The Bible?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Aw. No more Leverage.

I was sad too

But then I realized it was one of the few long running shows I've watched that got an ending that wasn't butts so I was ok with it

This discussion has been closed.