Options

The Star Wars Thread: A New Hope for Social Entropy

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I remember being really excited about the special editions because I was this huge fan of CGI stuff and loved Jurassic Park. When I finally saw the added scenes I was more than a little uncomfortable with how distracting they were from the rest of the movie.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I hope the new movie gets rid of those stupid radial explosion lines everything has now.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure there aren't shockwaves in space.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Evidentially there are boring people in this thread.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    they're just talking about the inside of your skull, Blake

<3

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    You can't even blame Jar Jar's behavior on him being a weird alien, because the other Gungans think he's a weird idiot too! All the aliens do normal people stuff. But he's a buffoon from the word go.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    This is probably my favourite piece of Official Star Wars-related merch in the post-prequels world.

Actually, it's possible it's my favourite piece of Star Wars related material other than the movie themselves. And I have the Ralph McQuarrie concept prints from RotJ around here somewhere.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Cool.

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    This thread made me drunkenly purchase the complete saga on Blu-Ray.

I hate all of you.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    My girlfriend has never seen Star Wars.

Except for half of Battle for Endor on the Disney Channel when she was a kid.

She is essentially https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ujxLRNm3D4

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    tumblr_n2px0drCRh1s2b58zo4_500.gif
    tumblr_n2px0drCRh1s2b58zo1_500.gif
    tumblr_n2px0drCRh1s2b58zo2_500.gif
    tumblr_n2px0drCRh1s2b58zo3_500.gif
    tumblr_n2px0drCRh1s2b58zo5_500.gif
    tumblr_n2px0drCRh1s2b58zo7_500.gif
    tumblr_n2px0drCRh1s2b58zo8_400.gif
    tumblr_n2px0drCRh1s2b58zo6_500.gif

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I think the best thing is that even through that faceless mask I can see the despair on the biker scout's face.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    You'd think you would want some peripheral vision when riding a high speed bike.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    or just don't fly mach 9 through a forest

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I don't know how my dad got this, but somehow he has a DVD box set of the original trilogy where a 'Bonus Feature' on the special features disks is just straight-up "here are the Theatrical Editions of each movie"

I thought they were never released on DVD

But he's got em

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I don't know how my dad got this, but somehow he has a DVD box set of the original trilogy where a 'Bonus Feature' on the special features disks is just straight-up "here are the Theatrical Editions of each movie"

But he's got em

I have never been more jealous of a person than I am right now.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

But he's got em

I've got these too

they were my bread and butter until the despecialized editions made themselves known

I may have bought that particular edition of DVD solely because of that feature

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Matev wrote: »

But he's got em

You can still buy these. They're $200+ used, that's all. The theatrical versions are a fairly ordinary quality rip from the laserdisc edition of the films.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

But he's got em

You can still buy these. They're $200+ used, that's all. The theatrical versions are a fairly ordinary quality rip from the laserdisc edition of the films.

Wait, really?

I think I might have that upstairs. Didn't know it was worth anything.

• Options
    Fyndir wrote: »

But he's got em

Wait, really?

I think I might have that upstairs. Didn't know it was worth anything.

I just looked on eBay and it's more like $60-$100 for a full set

People are TRYING to sell them for 200 bucks but I don't think they're selling

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Ah, I got my figures from Amazon.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!

LYmQ9vh.gif

• Options
    Turns out they're actually quite cheap in the UK! http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001FVKUA8/

Sorry Fyndir!

• Options
    nefyavenefyave Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    This is probably my favourite piece of Official Star Wars-related merch in the post-prequels world.

Actually, it's possible it's my favourite piece of Star Wars related material other than the movie themselves. And I have the Ralph McQuarrie concept prints from RotJ around here somewhere.

The concept prints are amazing. I have two sets of i think RotJ and The Empire Strikes back. I bought them on Queensday for something like 5 bucks.

bannerpa.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I have those, it's a two disc thing where disc one is the special editions and the other is the originals. I will never give them up.

Also I hate you all for talking about the special edition ROTJ, now all I can think about is that stupid sarlaac beak and I'm having an aneurysm.

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Worst part of the re-mastered ROTJ is Hayden whatshisface as a force ghost at the end.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure there aren't shockwaves in space.

Shockwave_Hands.jpg

• Options
    I've always been curious about this but never looked it up

Was the guy who appeared as Anakin's ghost at the end of the original ROTJ the same guy who played him when Luke takes off the Vader helmet?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    "We need some way to tie these films together."

I dunno, George, how about the fact that they're ALL FUCKING CALLED STAR WARS.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    the worst part of the ROTJ remaster is basically everything except the final battle which somehow escaped unmolested

I expect a future version of ROTJ to have Jar Jar flying the A-wing that brings down the Executor

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Was the guy who appeared as Anakin's ghost at the end of the original ROTJ the same guy who played him when Luke takes off the Vader helmet?

Yes.

• Options

Yup.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Didn't they change that scene where Luke takes off Vader's helmet to awful Hayden Christensen as well?

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Didn't they change that scene where Luke takes off Vader's helmet to awful Hayden Christensen as well?

No, but they digitally altered the color of the actor's eyes.

It's pretty dumb, even as a small child I knew exactly who that ghost at the end of RotJ was.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    so what's the over/under on a major announcement on May the 4th?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    A teaser trailer would make sense. Even if they don't have anything, they could put out one of those text-and-sound only dealies.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Changing the ghost at the end was a crime against films. It literally makes NO sense, and was one of the worst decisions ever made in the history of movies.

Anyway, here is something to laugh at.

LGzjsmE.jpg

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    YaYa wrote: »

Uhm... what?

Also this:
    http://www.mymms.com/StarWars/

x8huJbH.png

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »

Uhm... what?

Also this:
    http://www.mymms.com/StarWars/

x8huJbH.png

May the 4th is Star Wars day

you know

May The Fourth Be With You, etc

• Options
    I know what it is, I was just unaware there would be a major announcement, like perhaps you knew of something I did not.

This discussion has been closed.